Chopper's Release, Pros and Cons

13Next

Replies

• DarthLucaz
    328 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi, just woke up. Thanks for responding everyone!!! First I'd like to say yall went off topic a bit but thats cool we got a healthy discussion going.

I want to address all those who really and trully dislike Rebels. You are right. The show is mediocre. It started off subpar and has struggled to find its place in the star wars universe. In the first two seasons we had a lot of cool MOMENTS dragged down by generally lackluster plots. They HAD to bring back TCW characters in season two just to keep the show grinding along. As much as I like Maul and Ahsoka they didnt/dont belong in the rebellion era imo. The inclusion of Rex irritated me to no end as I didnt like his character to begin with. They ruined Lando and Hondo. The inquisitors were poorly executed(pun) and dont get me started on the helicopter trash. As someone who has seen every episode and will continue to watch them all, season 1&2 were complete failures. Season three though, other than the debacle that was Iron Squadron is good period. I encourage the haters to give that season a chance because without it one does not have an honest view of the show. Chopper was an excellent choice to dip into. No one can trully say he isn't cool. My two cents.

Edit: good rebels characters: Kanan, Thrawn, Chopper, Hera, Sabine
    Bad rebels characters: Ezra, Zeb, Kallus, Inquisitors, Hondo.......
  • Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    Chopper was actually in Rogue One (google it) so technically this is a rebels / rogue one release.

He had a cameo just like R2D2 and C3PO, which means R2D2 and C3PO are still the only characters that have been in everything.

Don't need to google it. When the analyst is running out yelling after Senator Mon Momtha, the astro mech that is turning to the left off screen in the backround is Chopper. Hera Syndulla also in Rogue One. They call her name and tell her to report to "conference" room just before they re-enforce the Rebels on Scariff (Captain Syndulla please report to...; That was confirmed to be Hera.). And The Ghost is also in Rogue One. When the Rebel fleet jumps out of hyperspace above Scariff. It shows back shot, foward shot and the second back shot, you can see The Ghost at the bottom of the screen.

Even if you hate Rebels show and disclaim it all those two and the ship are now official. :)
  • Options
    DarthLucaz wrote: »
    DrewR wrote: »
    Pro: He is a cute droid.
    Con: I have to wiki him B)

I dont consider that a con. I had to wiki sun fac and Urrorrrur and was enlightened on those two. Was pleasently surprised to see they were canon and those two along with Bistan made me a more knowledgible star wars fan.

Bistan was in Rogue One. Although the never really explain him. Or the U-Wings. Because we have Bistans and Cassians U-Wings they never really explain those ships. And at random times of the movie you see a bigger than hamster running around, making weird noises. Thats Bistan.
  • Options
    DarthLucaz wrote: »
    DrewR wrote: »
    Pro: He is a cute droid.
    Con: I have to wiki him B)

I dont consider that a con. I had to wiki sun fac and Urrorrrur and was enlightened on those two. Was pleasently surprised to see they were canon and those two along with Bistan made me a more knowledgible star wars fan.

Bistan was in Rogue One. Although the never really explain him. Or the U-Wings. Because we have Bistans and Cassians U-Wings they never really explain those ships. And at random times of the movie you see a bigger than hamster running around, making weird noises. Thats Bistan.

Yeah i was just pointing out that without this game I'dd know nothing about those three background characters.
  • Assassin84
    70 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So can I equip Chopper to my ships?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Pro: The tears of the guys who really hate Rebels!
    Con: Jar Jar wasn't also added!

Add in some ewok synergy and it the gnashing of teeth from the dudes who take Star Wars way too seriously would be glorious.

Sadly jar jar has been brought back in the future of star wars
    sotl6x.png

But he came back as a depressed clown because he ruined the galactic republic by giving palpatine emergy power and he realized he did this and now he's on the streets where he belongs ;)

Don't underestimate a clown :)
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    Stop right there. You are using youtube videos as sources of documentation. The excuse of darth jar jar was created to fill in the mistakes George made.

Jar jar is also racial profiling, and yes. I would love to see c3posted in game. I would farm the stuffing out of him.

How about a Bespin Chewie with 3PO backback? That I would like to see.

I have said the same thing... could be a support chewie rather than tank
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    I have never seen Rebels and had to Google this myself, but...
    Pros: I see none - the Rebels characters do not interest me in the slightest, and we definitely have too many Rebels as it is
    Cons: Yet another faction who are all really Rebels so giving them another tag seems silly
    More wait for Kotor characters
    More wait for main characters
    I don't see Chopper on the title screen, but every time I still see Luke with a light saber and I wonder when they will ever get round to releasing him!!!

Even if they have Bespin Luke with the special:
    Noooooooooooooo!!!
    "Throws himself into a pit, Darth Vader gets the sadness debuff"

Point being, there are still several characters they should have thought about before bringing yet another set into the game
  • Options
    Are we getting for Kotor characters? The ones we got just re enforced the sith we already have. No new tag was added, KoToR. Not like here with Phoenix
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Are we getting for Kotor characters? The ones we got just re enforced the sith we already have. No new tag was added, KoToR. Not like here with Phoenix

What is it people don't understand with the new tag???
    Its so those new rebels characters have synergy with each other and not as much with all the other rebels we have in the game..
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

What is it people don't understand with the new tag???
    Its so those new rebels characters have synergy with each other and not as much with all the other rebels we have in the game..

Then they should have a Phoenix tag only and not a rebel tag. Just like the R1 toons should probably have had an R1 tag instead
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm not sure I get all this hate for Rebels - it's really a pretty decent show.

You're just lucky they aren't dredging up crap from shows like this:

latest?cb=20100315173344

[ full disclosure: I actually love that cartoon without a shred on irony. ]
  • Options
    If we're gonna use toons who only really had a noticeable role in cartoons, then merge the game and give me Panthro and Man at Arms instead of an obscure mobile garbage disposal.
  • Options
    It's funny how much hate for rebels I see... everyone had to expect characters from the show in some capacity from the very beginning... seeing as how the show is canon, promoted by disney, and reinforced in rogue one. If you don't think disney is all about cross promotion... then you are silly.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    Options
    I have one for the haters I think we can agree on

Pros - thrawn
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    I have one for the haters I think we can agree on

Pros - thrawn

I can definitely get on board with this, but he would HAVE to be a fleet commander
  • Options
    Her: "Where did you get this motorcycle?"

Him: "It's not a motorcycle baby, it's a chopper."

Her: "Where did you get this chopper?"

Him: "I got it from Zed."

Her: "Who is Zed?"

Him: "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead."

"You ok?"

"naaa, man. I'm pretty ****'n far from ok"

• Carth_Onassi1973
    1708 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Pro: GET TO DA CHAPPPAH!

Con: Dillon, we make a stand now, or they'll be nobody left to go to the CHAPPPAH.
    Post edited by Carth_Onassi1973 on
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Pro: 52c690a1190c8717ba7f3ee1f8b62870.jpg
    Con: 83567-get-to-the-chopper-gif-lAGx.jpeg
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    Chopper was actually in Rogue One (google it) so technically this is a rebels / rogue one release.

He had a cameo just like R2D2 and C3PO, which means R2D2 and C3PO are still the only characters that have been in everything.

Don't need to google it. When the analyst is running out yelling after Senator Mon Momtha, the astro mech that is turning to the left off screen in the backround is Chopper. Hera Syndulla also in Rogue One. They call her name and tell her to report to "conference" room just before they re-enforce the Rebels on Scariff (Captain Syndulla please report to...; That was confirmed to be Hera.). And The Ghost is also in Rogue One. When the Rebel fleet jumps out of hyperspace above Scariff. It shows back shot, foward shot and the second back shot, you can see The Ghost at the bottom of the screen.

Even if you hate Rebels show and disclaim it all those two and the ship are now official. :)

Which means the rebels die in rouge one :)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    so we will use these droids(chopper r2 bb8 r4 units) same time for the ships right in future !?!
    Just wanna be sure

xmaVcBP.jpg

PS: apologize if this is annoying repost