Chopper's Release, Pros and Cons

Replies

• Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    Carbonari wrote: »

Actually my biggest grievance is it's a sub par cartoon that few people really care about or want in SWGOH unless they are 8 years old.

This is from Variety magazine around the season 2 finale:
    On digital platforms, “Star Wars Rebels” generated 3.2 million viewers on the Disney XD app and amassed over 8.8 million VOD orders throughout its season.

It also has a rare 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

So, "few people" is misguided. It is a vocal minority that hates the show. I'm certain lots of people, myself included, are happy that the characters are included in the game.

going by his handle, I'm sure hes just trolling to rise anxiety... but I think rebels is an excellent addition to star wars canon. some of the things they have been able to bring to the swu through that show have been amazing.

I personally cannot wait for sabine and kallus.

He can troll until the banthas come home for all I care. Doesn't really bother me, I just like replying to nonsense with statistical evidence.

It's done a great job not only bringing in the EU stuff, but also all of the unused McQuarrie designs and even elements of the Starkiller Second Draft. I mean, these are things only 8 year olds appreciate, but still it is impressive.

I do find a couple of the characters annoying in the first season, but not so much at this point.

Yeah, Sabine will be excellent. I'm sure she'll have all kinds of explosives and detonator attacks.
    Kallus would be great, especially if he had the bo-rifle.

I'm most excited for Hera and the Ghost though!

• Options
    I think season 1 was slow because of character introduction. I also think they realized by season 2 that they were aiming for the wrong audience.

8 year olds would have no idea what kind of history the designs and story have behind them... but people that grew up with the source material... that's who they are doing this stuff for.
  • Options
    Hope they bring out the Grand Inquisitor, Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister and Eighth Brother!
  • Options
    Her: "Where did you get this motorcycle?"

Him: "It's not a motorcycle baby, it's a chopper."

Her: "Where did you get this chopper?"

Him: "I got it from Zed."

Her: "Who is Zed?"

Him: "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead."
  • Options
    Her: "Where did you get this motorcycle?"

Him: "It's not a motorcycle baby, it's a chopper."

Her: "Where did you get this chopper?"

Him: "I got it from Zed."

Her: "Who is Zed?"

Him: "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead."

Bring out the gimp
  • Options

Actually my biggest grievance is it's a sub par cartoon that few people really care about or want in SWGOH unless they are 8 years old.

On digital platforms, “Star Wars Rebels” generated 3.2 million viewers on the Disney XD app and amassed over 8.8 million VOD orders throughout its season.

So, "few people" is misguided. It is a vocal minority that hates the show. I'm certain lots of people, myself included, are happy that the characters are included in the game.

going by his handle, I'm sure hes just trolling to rise anxiety... but I think rebels is an excellent addition to star wars canon. some of the things they have been able to bring to the swu through that show have been amazing.

The most delicious part of the Rebels characters is watching certain community members get upset about it.
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »

The most delicious part of the Rebels characters is watching certain community members get upset about it.

Rebels characters would be fine if this was

Lego Star Wars
  • Options
    Basically the two most important characters to the plot of the whole saga, padme and jar jar, aren't even in the game. The only thing from Rebels that I could possibly agree on are ahsokas white light sabers
  • Options
    Can't have Chopper without Hera, he would get lonely. Sabine would probably be most popular Rebels hero.
  • Options
    the two most important characters, padme and jar jar

Now I know you're trolling.
  • Star_trollz
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

@Carbonari
    Padme birthed Luke and Princess Leia, pivotal senator, important in the clone wars
    Jar Jar helped put Palpatine in power.
    Let me hear your arguments as to how they were not highly important characters to the entire saga please.
  • Options
    Having to farm shards, gear, training droids and the rest are not cons. It's the joy of the game.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

@Carbonari
    Padme birthed Luke and Princess Leia, pivotal senator, important in the clone wars
    Let me hear your arguments as to how they were not highly important characters to the entire saga please.

Mainly Because They Didnt Exist Until George Thought He could Use the extra money. And everyone hates jar jar.

Even if we went by your reasoning, you would be wrong. The most pivotal character above All by a mile is r2. He is the deus ex droideka.
  • Options

@Carbonari

Mainly Because They Didnt Exist Until George Thought He could Use the extra money. And everyone hates jar jar.

Even if we went by your reasoning, you would be wrong. The most pivotal character above All by a mile is r2. He is the deus ex droideka.

Really? Everyday people ask for jar jar on here, it's funny but I don't remember anyone asking for chopper
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

And we still lack him and get some Rebels instead...
  • Options
    Jar jar is a joke. He could be the best character and ppl would still refuse to build him.

Chopper is a tease of things to come. It isn't chopper himself that gets the ppl excited... its the Phoenix tag
  • Options
    Jar jar is a joke. He could be the best character and ppl would still refuse to build him.

Chopper is a tease of things to come. It isn't chopper himself that gets the ppl excited... its the Phoenix tag

A joke? Have you seen the movies or cartoons? Jar Jar is incredibly acrobatic like a force user, a skilled fighter like the kung fu drunken master, a skilled talker and persuader, like Jedi mind tricks. Are we watching the same movies? Yet you probably want characters like c3po, a protocol droid lolz
  • Options
    Not to mention Jar Jar was sidious's master
  • Options
    Stop right there. You are using youtube videos as sources of documentation. The excuse of darth jar jar was created to fill in the mistakes George made.

Jar jar is also racial profiling, and yes. I would love to see c3posted in game. I would farm the stuffing out of him.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Cons:
    Ezra and all of the Rebels
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Stop right there. You are using youtube videos as sources of documentation.

I'm pretty sure if it's on the internet then it's true.
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    Stop right there. You are using youtube videos as sources of documentation.

I'm pretty sure if it's on the internet then it's true.

Where'd ya hear that? the internet...

lol
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Options
    Pro:
    - Chopper wasn't released in a b***s**t, Android-only event; no Android Fiasco 2.0.
    - Possible beginning of The Lobot Meta

Con:
    - I want R2D2; Chopper seems cool, but frankly I don't watch the cartoons, and really have no idea who he is.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    RebelBass wrote: »
    Pro:
    - Chopper wasn't released in a b***s**t, Android-only event; no Android Fiasco 2.0.
    He could be released as a compensation for apple for all I care, not planning to farm him anyway...
  • Options
    Pros, another toon
    Cons, star wars cartoons????
  • Ktql85
    22 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Yeah probably 3.2 million little kids watch Disney all day long. Not hard to put the toddler in a play pen, put Disney on to entertain the kid while I go to work for the day.

I hope you don't have kids... leaving them in the play pen while you to work for the day seems like child abuse. Should we be calling social services? :)
  • Options

@Carbonari

All of this. R2-D2 is the real hero of all of the films in the Skywalker saga. Nothing in any of the films would have been possible without him.

Padme and Jar Jar were poorly written. Padme could have been an interesting and complex character, but they blew it. They made her a love object for Anakin without really developing any of her strengths more than the bare minimum.
    Jar Jar is super offensive, useless, distracting, annoying, oh...and extremely childish. If your argument against Rebels is that it is written for children, and then use Jar Jar as an example of a well-rounded character from the films, you certainly need to remove the blast shield from your eyes.
  • Options
    Stop right there. You are using youtube videos as sources of documentation. The excuse of darth jar jar was created to fill in the mistakes George made.

Jar jar is also racial profiling, and yes. I would love to see c3posted in game. I would farm the stuffing out of him.

How about a Bespin Chewie with 3PO backback? That I would like to see.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Pros: Maybe some new Jedis labelled Rebels, Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger?

Cons: He's throwing stones ...
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Pros: ??

Cons: cringey 'rebel' toons will be added.