Old Daka stars

Prev1
OK, I've seen at least 3 references now to not bothering to get Old Daka up to 7 stars, but without giving any reasons why. Also, no mention as to whether it's only star level 7 that isn't worth it, or if it's a waste to go to 6 also. Or maybe 5?

Granted, with QGJ an option for cantina now there's a clearly better alternative. But after I max him, why would I not want to go and finish up Daka? Seems like the next most useful character I can farm there.

It is just a return on investment thing? Like, the increased power from getting to 6 or 7 is smaller than what you get from taking other characters there? Or is it because people are viewing her as only worthwhile for her stun, and that doesn't improve with star levels?

Replies

• Options
    I noticed quite a few people have 2 and 3* Daka and Vaders. I received both as 4* ... how did people find lower star versions of them? I don't want less stars, just curious lol
  • Options
    Something about the ai using them i read somewhere. You probably can't get then below 4 stars yourself.
  • Options
    Interesting. Thanks!
  • Options
    Most likely got them from a chromium pack as an unlocked character
  • Options
    Kranon wrote: »
    I noticed quite a few people have 2 and 3* Daka and Vaders. I received both as 4* ... how did people find lower star versions of them? I don't want less stars, just curious lol

The people you are noticing are probably in the "borrow a hero screen" right? Those are computer generated heroes, if you look at the names you'll notice that they're always the same. In my game its always: "Darik Wytho" , "Lyon Molokai". "Syresh Lonarcch" and some others.
    ZrykreeMal wrote: »
    Most likely got them from a chromium pack as an unlocked character

All heroes come at a set number of stars. Some people say otherwise but I've never seen a screenshot from a 1 QGJ, 1 Dooku or something.

• Options
    If Daka's potency is raised, will she have a better chance to stun targets? I'm asking because at lvl62, she can equip a gear piece that gives her +30% potency. I was planning on just keeping her at lvl60 for a while, since I only use her for GW and DS. If I can increase her stun chance by 30% though I will definitely level her up some more. I know no one really knows how stats work in this game but does anyone have an idea?
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Potency and Skill % are not to be confused. Skill % is the base chance of happening, if that is a yes, now you check your potency Vs tenacity of the target, if that also is a yes, you stun, if not, its resisted. So potency only help the second part of it!
  • Options
    Your chance to prove stun is the same. However it will get resisted less often. How much less often depends on the targets tenacity level.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Usually people advocate that you can finish DS missions with a 4* Daka, some prefer to even just borrow her up. And the main reason people say to stop your Daka at 4* is to get Poe and now QGJ. So yeah, many good options to pick from Cantina Shipments.
  • Options
    Otar wrote: »
    now you check your potency Vs tenacity of the target, if that also is a yes, you stun, if not, its resisted. So potency only help the second part of it!

I'm not sure that is how it works. Like my Sid has 0% Potency, so if higher tenacity vs potency results in a resist every time then his healing immunity would never land on anyone.
  • Options
    Its due to the fact that you dont NEED her at anything above 4* so why waste the resources, especially when OGJ and Poe are also in the Cantina. She can do her job quite well right out the gate at 4*.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    dkredsox wrote: »
    Otar wrote: »
    now you check your potency Vs tenacity of the target, if that also is a yes, you stun, if not, its resisted. So potency only help the second part of it!

I'm not sure that is how it works. Like my Sid has 0% Potency, so if higher tenacity vs potency results in a resist every time then his healing immunity would never land on anyone.

Its not every time, ofc it is a RNG, and since no one knows the true mechanics, all we can take from it is, Potency makes your effects land more, and Tenacity makes your defense against effects better. But looking at the stats here you will notice that the avg Tenacity on the game even at full gear is around 30%, so a 0% Potency Sid, should get resisted around 1/3? If it was just straight rolls, but who knows for real?
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    effdash wrote: »
    Its due to the fact that you dont NEED her at anything above 4*

Tell that to my 7* G8 Old Daka Wrecking people on PVP...

But still that is the most common argument around here... 4* for DS missions, nothing else.
  • Options
    OK, makes sense. I guess after finishing those other 2, I'll go back to her though. I'd like to see how she is at 7.

Thanks very much for the fast replies!
  • Options
    Yeah if you want Dana at 7 stars then make her 7 stars. She is good anywhere you take her. Finish her off so me and everyone else here doesn't have to deal with another **** Poe and QGJ on ladder.
  • Options
    twaller wrote: »
    Yeah if you want Dana at 7 stars then make her 7 stars. She is good anywhere you take her. Finish her off so me and everyone else here doesn't have to deal with another **** Poe and QGJ on ladder.

Lol preach brother
  • Options
    If you are running Daka in Arena and don't use Poe, 7* her. For just PVE I think 5* should be enough.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    7*Daka with 7*Phasma leader are funny combo for PVP. Daka just loves Phasmas extra attack and loves to stun toons on that move. I have min. 1 stun in 2 rounds for free like this :-D
  • Options
    Please help me, I'm currently doing Dark Side missions and need another healer beside TALIA to get three stars.
    Here's my ally code 571-635-883
    Thank yoooou
  • Options
    Daka is available through Cantina shipments.
    Ime the ally thin is broken.

Get daka shards with cantina tokens. I got 7*daka today and i am goaf i did she is good in Arena as well as only heal dark side healer
  • Options
    I sent you an ally request... But, as puppy said DS is broken. I set daka as my leader... Best of luck to ya!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Sorry for making such trouble.
    I'm farming QGJ in the Cantina right now.
    Can't afford to get DAKA.
    Your assistance is very appreciated.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums!

The above poster hooked you up with an ally code and set his (or her) leader to Daka. As you can see we really *Do* have a great community!

Anyway, welcome to the forum, I wish you luck with your Dark Side battles!
  • Options
    That is correct. I thought they were all players. Thank you for the information!
  • Options
    I've been using her for a while and I am now trying to 'perfect' my team and I noticed she has relatively low physical attack and really high special attack, but doesn't appear to have a special attack, other characters with no special typically have really low special.

My question is does special attack do anything for her at all, or is it a waste of points.

If so I feel kinda stupid getting her to 7* as that is a waste, her speed, stun and resurrect are nice, but if she is getting nothing out of that I wish those points were in hit points to help her healing
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Daka is great in Phasma led teams for arena. the problem with her early is that she's very easy to kill so she doesn't last long enough to be able to revive your dead toons. that stops being a problem at 6* G8, and even more at 7*.

her stun/revive are useful in GW too
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I've been using her for a while and I am now trying to 'perfect' my team and I noticed she has relatively low physical attack and really high special attack, but doesn't appear to have a special attack, other characters with no special typically have really low special.

My question is does special attack do anything for her at all, or is it a waste of points.

If so I feel kinda stupid getting her to 7* as that is a waste, her speed, stun and resurrect are nice, but if she is getting nothing out of that I wish those points were in hit points to help her healing

I also noticed this and don't really understand it either. She's still good though. Better healing and a little more health would be awesome
  • Options
    Yeah I still like her, and there are other heroes with no special damage attack but all of those have average or low special damage, her special damage is one of the highest that I have, but it's useless.

Maybe they will add a basic special attacks for her (or just make her basic attack work off of special damage) would be nice to see another hero with five skills (I think assaji is the only one with five)
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Honestly I'm not sure those damage numbers mean anything.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I assume special attack value goes toward her heal.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318