Possible New Character: Starkiller/Galen Marek

benacrow
2700 posts Member
With the introduction of Darth Nihilus and the soon-to-be released 'Rebels' tv series characters, I think its safe to say that this game will start to include even more extended universe characters, which is why I think Starkiller would be an awesome addition to the game.

First off, he's an extremely powerful force user and even lightsaber wielder, which is sweet on his own. But I could see him having some awesome abilities (dual saber throw, AOE force eruption, more force crushing, etc).

Though I'm not certain which faction he would be best classified as (Jedi maybe if considered at the time of his death, or Sith if going off how he started/was created), but he could even have a dual classification. Or even better, CG could introduce a new mechanic where you could choose somehow if you wanted him to be light/dark affiliated as a one-time selection, then one or more of his powers would change depending on his selected affiliation.

Additionally, he could have some sort of revive ability (since he revives so much in the games lol). OOH! He could start out as a Sith Apprentice, then once he dies, he is revived and is now a Jedi Apprentice (?) with a new set of uniques and/or other abilities.

In any case, I think he'd be a sweet toon to introduce, especially with the recent Sith hype making them viable, plus who wouldn't want to have a toon that could force choke a Star Destroyer :wink: .

Thoughts?
FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind

Replies

• Vlados
    81 posts Member
    Options
    I fully appreciate that idea.
    According to Smithie D's survey, Starkiller is rank 5 in the willing-to-be-introduced characters and he might definitely be an interesting guy.

In addition, two more characters can be introduced with him: Juno Eclipse and Rahm Kota who will have a synergy with Galen.
    Juno and Galen will also have their own ship.
    General Rahm Kota can be a jedi tank with ability to taunt (as soon as GK is not available for everybody).

As for me, I would like to see Starkiller in-game as a powerful force user and duelist (light side alignment) with variations of light side and dark side abilities.

Thanks @benacrow for that post. I hope we've given enough ideas for CG about this toon:)
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    With the introduction of Darth Nihilus and the soon-to-be released 'Rebels' tv series characters, I think its safe to say that this game will start to include even more extended universe characters, which is why I think Starkiller would be an awesome addition to the game.
    Ok but consider the following:
    latest?cb=20090903051934