Proof that the GW is easy, and can be done with 5 players, $65 spender

Replies

• Options
    Really never thought about it but more often than not my final GW team is hardly my A team anyway (today being an exception where I managed to get through the whole lot without changing/losing a character.... But that's the first time it's ever happened)
  • Options
    Hi,
    As there are are many threads out there complaining gw being too hard i would like to share my story in that respect. It might help somebody out there or maybe you guys can still show me a thing or two.
    When having first unlocked gw i found it extremely hard and couldnt even imagine finishing any of it. After reading through the forums and a lot of people stating they would finish it everyday i got more into this grindy game, which seemed to offer little more than a fun little mindless search for good characters and items. This brought a new level of challenge and i appreciated that. So i started figuring out how to achieve flawless runs. At first you need a few heals of course. At the time i started gw was still before its patch so retreating at the right moment when the enemy taunted or my squad was debuffed was the thing. So i did that. After the patch gw got significantly easier as you can never get screwed by a lucky attack one-shotting any one of your chars. Just restart if that happens.
    As for the team i use exactly 6 chars for the main team to complete a gw. Choose a leader that has a defensive effect as luminara or barriss for example. I use lumi and her heal over time plus evasion improvement are great assetts. Anything that improves your chances to gain an advantage is beneficial, because you only need one flawless try to beat a team. Restart as often as you must to get a satisfying outcome with nobody dying and everyone being near full health or at least only one char dying and the rest being full health if its a really tough match. I recommend using sid as he has high speed and his heal immunity debuff is great when bringing down one enemy after another. Daka is a great choice because of her stun and her revive abilites as well as her heal. Even if a match doesnt go your way at all and you think you might as well restart just wait until one of your chars dies or until you trigger her skill after that happened. It has an extreme comeback potential, which could surprise you. Next char i would recommend is poggle as his skill allows other chars to quickly kill threatening enemies like sid or fotp. Yet he is now a must-have. My fifth char is luke who is not that great but going right after poggle often allows him to one-shot an enemy sid for example. In the course of gw i tend to lose one char in the 10th battle or so, so i replace that one with kylo ren but there is not really a great reason for choosing him. If the enemy is very high-level and has a super aggressive squad or poe you have to send in a b-team to soak up all all the abilities. Make sure it is not too weak so that sid cannot one-shot everyone at once. I also noticed that some heroes dont seem to use there skills against particularly weak squads. My advanced tipp is the exact timing of using your crucial skills. My team is: lumi, sid, luke, poggle, daka. U have to use lumis heal as her first action! Only by doing so she has enough time for recharging for the next battle and getting the most out of her heal over time. This is THE most important thing to keep in mind. If you are in your 11th or 12th battle this is of course not as important also in the beginning you might not need her heal at all so dont waste it. Use dakas heal at the end of battles if you feel you need it. Also only use poggles ability at the beginning as well as lukes. After having eliminated the enemies greatest threats you need to drag out the battle by only using standard attacks. The time is required for your skills to recharge. Only use sids aoe if he has to kill somebody already being at very low health and thus not "wasting" bis damage on a half dead char. Dont use it if the team has powerful counter abilities. Sid is great when having to deal with annoying counter guys like dooku though because of his heal when somebody dies. Counter has had no effect if the enemy is killed quickly.
    I am a completely f2p player and i am lvl 69 right now.
    Puh i hope i did not miss anything :) sorry for the long post. I hope some of you guys appreciate it though.
  • Options
    Good points. I developed the same strategy. I use Geo soldier instead of Luke, and I alternate Poggle with IG-86, who can one-shot even without Offense Up.
  • Sonofnoob
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I stopped leveling my A team at 61. (I'm current level 66) and I finish easily with only a couple retreats here and there. I run Sid (leader), Asajj, lumi, Asoka, Phasma. And I usually end up loosing one or two and end up with Asajj (leader), Daka, initiate, lumi and whoever else lives.
  • Options
    Sonofnoob wrote: »
    I stopped leveling my A team at 61. (I'm current level 66) and I finish easily with only a couple retreats here and there. I run Sid (leader), Asajj, lumi, Asoka, Phasma. And I usually end up loosing one or two and end up with Asajj (leader), Daka, initiate, lumi and whoever else lives.

You must have an awful arena rank then?

I used this tactic, I'm lvl68 but my best toons only go up to 64, with the majority 60-64. But then today at node 10 i face a lvl69 7 star max gear team. I can't beat it even with my A team (hk, 88, 86, poggle, lumi) because they're all low. Stopping at 61 as you have, are you telling me you don't face any teams higher than your lvl (66), as i do at least 3 times in each war. Or are you telling us you can beat lvl 66+ teams with your lvl61 toons?
  • Options
    Algren wrote: »

I used this tactic, I'm lvl68 but my best toons only go up to 64, with the majority 60-64. But then today at node 10 i face a lvl69 7 star max gear team. I can't beat it even with my A team (hk, 88, 86, poggle, lumi) because they're all low. Stopping at 61 as you have, are you telling me you don't face any teams higher than your lvl (66), as i do at least 3 times in each war. Or are you telling us you can beat lvl 66+ teams with your lvl61 toons?

Level has a small impact on heroes, if he needs to save credits so he can put resources into the b team or stars I think it's a good strat. I'm 65 but my toons are 62-63 and can easily beat the scrub 67-69 teams I usually get. The all-7* 69-70 (other than 6* Dooku) teams that I've seen a few times the last two days are a different story (but even at level an A team would be decimated, just too much damage in the game right now).

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

Level has a small impact on heroes, if he needs to save credits so he can put resources into the b team or stars I think it's a good strat. I'm 65 but my toons are 62-63 and can easily beat the scrub 67-69 teams I usually get. The all-7* 69-70 (other than 6* Dooku) teams that I've seen a few times the last two days are a different story (but even at level an A team would be decimated, just too much damage in the game right now).

100% disagree respectfully.
    GW is only one part of a larger game that includes arena, cantina, events, challenges, regular battles. Holding off max'n your "A" team is just absurd. You need a core 5-6 for arena and those will help in all other aspects if the game. Once your core is rdy, you move to deepening your roster but i will argue to do the best and get the best rewards collectivly in the gane and make farming easier, you must maintain a core always max'd and spiderweb from there
  • Options
    Hahahahhaha, dude, you don't even know what GW ppl are complaining about, when the game decides your matchmaking is out of baby league and you start getting lvl66+ 7* meta(**** Poe) teams from 5th node one after another good luck saving all your characters everyfight xD
    Aww poor soul :)
  • Options
    Zerx wrote: »
    Are you even sure it works that way? Seems like a strange assumption...
    No, he's not and yes, it is.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I suggest that GW teams (not the System ones, that sometime can include impossible star combos (e.g. 3-star toon, that unlocks for players at 4-star)) are formed in one of two possible ways.

It is the team that another player recently used in GW, or it is a selection of the most powerful toons from a player. I think we can rule out significant randomness, since such a high percentage of GW opponents use Syd.
  • Options
    It really depends on how well I did. About half of the time my starting 5 are alive for the 12th battle, and then I usually "throw" the game and let those 5 die by making poor strategic decisions. Usually there are ~2 enemies left when I do this, and then I have fun sending in four or five really crapy teams to kill them. Occasionally, though, I have only a few characters left, and then I just throw in my strongest squad possible to win. I do try to be nice, though. I really do!
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes or No what diff it makes when you play against AI???

Edited: if I am facing Dooku team....I am super mean.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    No, I just leave there whatever team I finished with.
    Also, if the opposing teams are picked based on power or level of the characters, being "nice" does literally nothing because the team will just be placed at the beginning of the GW among other weak teams.
  • Options
    Nervi wrote: »
    Hahahahhaha, dude, you don't even know what GW ppl are complaining about, when the game decides your matchmaking is out of baby league and you start getting lvl66+ 7* meta(**** Poe) teams from 5th node one after another good luck saving all your characters everyfight xD
    Aww poor soul :)

This is exactly why i just get annoyed when people claim they can do GW easily everytime and don't lose toons. And they say it like its cos they're awesome. If this is the case you clearly just are a lucky shot who gets matched to laughable teams whilst the rest of us are fighting rey after rey. :,)

I think I'm just jealous.
  • Options

At lvl 66,you are doing yourself a disservice by hobbling your team. Lvl cap at 70, so what do you have to worry about? At 61 toons you might get up to 70 toons anyway.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options

At lvl 66,you are doing yourself a disservice by hobbling your team. Lvl cap at 70, so what do you have to worry about? At 61 toons you might get up to 70 toons anyway.
    I almost did, I'm 61 and in my second match up I got a maxed out 67, wasn't a good day

• Options
    RU486 wrote: »

I almost did, I'm 61 and in my second match up I got a maxed out 67, wasn't a good day

Get to 70 quickly. it'll help.
  • Options
    JC with heal level 6 and Lumi are my key players.
  • Options
    JC with heal level 6 and Lumi are my key players.

Get yourself qgj too, massive help. His speed boost bumps most jedi to turn class one and is useful if they have one glass cannon you wanna kill before it can fire.
  • 2Milly_htowm
    215 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is kinda a vent post but really its hard when every team has lumi and sid because latley i cant get sid to use dem blows on me. he always starts off heal blocking lumi, and then enemy lumi hits her with big damage.
    I retreat and restart, but some battles i cant escape without losing little to no health and have to take that bullet.
    I used to be able to clear 10 chests but now thats coming to a halt as im being stopped around 8, and those 2 more chests can make a big impact
  • Options
    GW isn't easy, but I definitely beat it every day and I've only spent like $25-$30... Just don't fail and you can do it;)
  • Options
    Wallenbees wrote: »
    GW isn't easy, but I definitely beat it every day and I've only spent like $25-$30... Just don't fail and you can do it;)

As a mostly F2P I have 10 Toons with lvl 7 or 8 gear and 8 at 7* and 6 with lvl 70 and I haven't lost at GW since they FIXED it... Maybe if you got better and whined less you'd crush it... I'm far from the best on my server (14 currently but someone will take care of that in no time).

This game isn't as bad as y'all complain about...
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking (always a dangerous prospect ). What if they made GW similar to the daily challenges in that you could borrow 1 ally toon for each level without being able to use the same ally/toon again throughout GW?
    It might add some variety while also not making as detrimental if a primary toon of your main squad (ie. Sid, Phadma, etc.) is killed off. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Same here, I get through battle 7 sometimes 8 and then it's a JOKE! They keep powering up and there so much faster , then I'm dead . I'll throw 20 - 25 reasonably powered characters and it's like there not even there . And why can't I use that 6 th slot where it's said no ally available at this time . Absolutely at my limit with GW
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

This.

I need to level and star and gear other characters cause want to try other teams... my server Arena everyone is 7* lvl 70 teams so no point leveling a team im not in love with. Was just saying that not leveling past 61 and staying sub -500 arena rank is allowing me to breeze through GW to farm shards and all the other goodies you get from GW

Hardest team I fought was level 63 in the last box and I destroyed them. So this strategy works for me

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nobody?
  • Options
    Dude. It's Saturday night...and it was just over an hour. You think everyone on here is just a bunch of losers with nothing else to do on a Saturday night than post on Star wars game forums? Oh...wait .... ;)

My concern is the "borrow a hero" function seems to not work as well at higher levels. Many of the "heroes" at 60+ are extremely underpowered. But in general I DO like the idea - especially if you get the "double leader" synergy like in the LS/DS battles
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    so can @TommySitt clear Galactic Wars daily?