Game Update 3/8/2017 - Comments\Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    But 3* is viable in arena for characters with good abilities. You just need to gear them up....
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    All two weeks of it! RIP. Feel bad for anyone who zetad him.
  • Options
    Gotta love dat powercreep.
  • Options
    If they are strong/fast enough, I wonder if they will replace Jedi in P1 of the Tank raid. Hera lead with her unique sharing and Kanan's unique of 70% counter chance with 25% health gain from suffering a debuff sounds nice.
  • myea8017
    192 posts Member
    Options
    Too much, why put out new toons monthly when there isn't any real content to add them to besides pvp, unless ur going to shell out $400 for one to put in a raid that can be soloed or one that needs free rebels and a leia. Tournaments, new raid or an update to let's say rancor with better rewards would be nice so the 105 toons we have don't just go to waste.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, because phoenix squad will prevent people from autoing rancor raids
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    But 3* is viable in arena for characters with good abilities. You just need to gear them up....

Which one, and which level you are at?

Possible but rarely see that on level 85 player.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

That has nothing to do with my post...
  • Options
    4* Sith Assasin and 4* DH is high end arena viable.
  • Options

I think he meant pvp but do your thing
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Any wrote: »

Which one, and which level you are at?

Possible but rarely see that on level 85 player.

Seriously? The top people in most shards have at some point used 3* shoretrooper, baze, and/or nihilus.
  • Options
    I'm so very disappointed that they dropped Phoenix squadron so soon after the Nihilus events. EA - CG: You guys are burning out the player base...both f2p and p2p. P2P is burned out getting too many new "must have, OP arena toons" so fast they can't enjoy the old ones before they're obsolete again. F2P can't even decide what to do the meta shifts so fast. I know - I have both types of account and I'm burned out on both for those reasons. Maybe give it more than 10 days between new faction / OP toon drops.

Spoiler alert: you dont speak for everyone. Having this many releases gives people options

Spoiler alert: Didn't realize we ran everything through DatBoi. Absolutely, add 4 new options (with undoubtedly more to come) to the 103 already there, on top of the new sith released a week ago that will be obsolete meta-wise in a week. Enjoy your $1000 options with the new releases! When they're useless in 2 weeks I wonder what you'll say then?

Phoenix squadron wont make sith obsolete. Throw on some stuns, shock, and daze (health immunity with DT if you have him) and you'll be fine. And so far, none of the new rebels inflict stun so dooku under nihilus will slaughter them. Sure phoenix will likely eventually be competitive in arena, but they won't push out the plethora of viable teams available right now.

We've only seen 3 of the 6 coming this month. Right now those 3 plus Chaze would make a **** good combo. Not enough to top the best sith teams, but it can only get better from here. And I'd bet they saved the best characters for last (get everyone to blow any saved up crystals on the first 3, then drop something better to make them spend money to buy more crystals).
  • Options
    ...so starting in a few hours log in each day to battle for daily Chopper shards.

Sounds similar to how they introduced Bistan.

Hera Syndulla also added as a last minute event starting in approximately 6 hours.

DirectorK and DeathT in Chromium packs plus somebody posted say they are in Shipments too!

Also another event upcoming in a few days for Kanan Jarrus

And last but not least don't forget Palpatine!!!
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wont mean anything with shock, daze, or health immunity

Yeah, but there's a small caveat: Kanan dispells debuffs on himself and also gains tenacity. And if they add some sort of self-cleanse unique ability to another Phoenix character, or some sort of massive bonus upon getting debuffed as a unique, that can work to their advantage. That last part is admittedly an 'if', but like I said, we already have one self-cleansing, tenacity-gaining tank. We'll see what the others look like. Also, Hera's revive ability allows a heavily debuffed ally to die and then revive with full health and lots of turn meter, so dying and resurrecting could also be seen as an indirect way to cleanse debuffs (especially since the effect Hera gives is not dispellable, just like Boba's).
  • Options
    Yeah right... first the new rebels aren't even available yet. Second, I don't know a lot willing to pay these price points to max them when they are released. Third, things never seem to be as good in use as they seem on paper... they'll be great but hard telling not knowing. How many ppl maxed nihilist or the other sith? Not many, and I few aren't happy with the results that did spend. Zader will be around for a min yet
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I'm so very disappointed that they dropped Phoenix squadron so soon after the Nihilus events. EA - CG: You guys are burning out the player base...both f2p and p2p. P2P is burned out getting too many new "must have, OP arena toons" so fast they can't enjoy the old ones before they're obsolete again. F2P can't even decide what to do the meta shifts so fast. I know - I have both types of account and I'm burned out on both for those reasons. Maybe give it more than 10 days between new faction / OP toon drops.

Spoiler alert: you dont speak for everyone. Having this many releases gives people options

Spoiler alert: Didn't realize we ran everything through DatBoi. Absolutely, add 4 new options (with undoubtedly more to come) to the 103 already there, on top of the new sith released a week ago that will be obsolete meta-wise in a week. Enjoy your $1000 options with the new releases! When they're useless in 2 weeks I wonder what you'll say then?

Spoiler alert: you aren't forced to buy anything.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    4* Sith Assasin and 4* DH is high end arena viable.

For this I agree,haha

Hope new toons release good like that.

If they give them to 5 star, it will make Arena very variety.
  • Options
    This will make potency mods even more important due to the importance of healing immunity and shock. Now watch as the potency mod drop rates inexplicably shrink 10 fold.
  • Options
    Missed the mega thread up top. So merge if needed. Being a forced update was not aware it was also listed.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Can you please please with a cherry-on-top tell me if Ezra will also have a Jedi tag?

I'm hyped that Kanan got the Jedi tag, my Jedi squad has been needing a little bump.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Has anyone read Hera's leader ability? Brace yourselves, we are in for another rebel meta.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is her leader practically the wiggs unique except shared between 4 other Phoenix Rebels?....

Edit:
    For those who can't see her character, restart your client, there should be an update.
  • Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    Options
    Hera's gear isn't too bad, quite easy tbh, but then... you got Kanan... his gear is basically GK gear 2.0! Gl to those going phoenix! Rough haul of gear for him alone, but it seems the payout in the end might be worthwhile. If you are wondering.. "how the hell do you know the gear requirements already", the great guys at swgoh.gg have updates their site already! Feel free to check it out! :)
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Basically gonna be a small book of various buffs applied to the whole team.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    It does. And the new Jedi gives counter chance and heal when debuffed
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, depending on the other Phoenix squad members and their uniques, she could be absolutely horrifying.
  • WAGoudeau
    44 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I refreshed and I see Jyn and Cassain. Great for me, but why no mention? See below for the 3/8 update:

Chromium Update
    The Krennic Event may be a thing of the past, but these sought after Empire characters are not! If you’re still in the market for more Shards, Director Krennic and Death Trooper are now available in the following locations-Chromium-Shipments (On next refresh)

On another note, DT and Krennic do not follow the 'Character Release Cadence'. Why?

*Edit - added a screenshot

unnamed.png
    SHATTERPOINT
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    On a side note though, I am glad the Jedi finally get a taunter (excluding GK).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    She has no unique, so that's a plus.

And at least it clearly states while active, so just kill them and your fine. :smiley:
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    · Leader · Level 8
    Rise Together
    Each active Phoenix ally grants their Unique ability to other Phoenix allies. In addition, whenever a Phoenix ally uses a special ability, they gain 20% Turn Meter if Hera is active. This effect is doubled for Phoenix allies with less than full Health. Additionally, at the start of Phoenix members turns, they recover 15% of tgeir Max Health. In addition, whenever they are damaged by an attack, they gain Protection Up (15%) if they dont have Protection Up. Phoenix members have 70% Counter chance and recover 25% Health whenever they suffer a debuff.

Her leader ability so far put into context and it will only grow larger. Seems balanced...

• Options
    Not complaining, but why was there no mention of Rogue one toons in shipments?

Also, DT and Krennic do not follow the 'Character Release Cadence'.

unnamed.png
    SHATTERPOINT
This discussion has been closed.