FULL Phoenix Squadron Abilities(Comments and questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Guys before you freak out, remember:
    People thought Nihilus has going to be way OP.
  • Options
    Hera L, chopper, zeb, kanan, Zeta Cassian for defense team
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    @DatBoi i would love a deathstar ship raid,but please dont require 6 and 7* ships

Deathstar raid would be cool, but we need a few lightside target raids first, that rewards a dark side character...
  • Options
    So, Pheonix looks a little Meh... it lacks Zeta to be Meta IMO
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Guys before you freak out, remember:
    People thought Nihilus has going to be way OP.

Lol - I'm on a Nov. 2015 arena shard. Most people run near 50k arena teams. Most of the top 20 teams run a 3* or 4* version of Nihilus. Some whales run a 7* version. He's not OP - but your comment is not very encouraging.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    The team looks impressive, but I think Zader and Zaul teams will eat them for lunch... no good taunt (just a normal one that requires use of a special) and heavy reliance on specials. Ability block and DN cooldown increase will keep them from shining. Buff immunity and shock will also neuter them for the most part.

How will zader teams eat them? For every debuffs they just heal way more back.

Mostly EP shock, Sid healing immunity and TFP and B2 buff immunity for the bonus protection. With only 1 weak taunt that's might as well not even be there since Kanan's max speed is 95, you can pick them off 1 by 1 in the order of your choice... apply shock or heal immunity, burn down, rinse repeat... you may have problems on defense... that said, a Zaul team will be much better against them. My current arena team is Zaul, EP, Vader, DN and SiT... I switched from Zader when DN and SiT dropped... Phoenix team gives me no pause... I wish I could have the chance to find out, but I doubt anyone on my shard will be dropping $1500 and an ungodly amount of gear to let me find out.

You mean 2 taunts. One really quick one (chopper), and one slower one (Kanaan).

• Options
    Lkw wrote: »
    Who's the odd one out? Chopper? Zeb?

Borrowing a Phoenix ally will def make a nice 6 person team

Sabine. is the one to leave out.

• Options
    Thiffu wrote: »
    You forget that if you kill Hera then her leader stops working.

Only the tm gain on special will stop when she dies, not the shared uniques.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    T_T1OO6 wrote: »
    Why are you making 1) more and more rebels and 2) them so OP?! I understand, that you want to offer us a counter meta, that the new upcoming heroes should be at least vaiable and that you have to make some money with them. But this new team seems far too good even on 3-4*! I mean: 5 characters with a 70% counter chance each will kill every AOE-Attackers. But what seems broken the most IMHO is the crazy protection and health regeneration at every round, with every attack and then even more from Kanan and Zeb ... How should this team be beatable?! The only solution in my eyes seems to be a team that can kill Hera before any of the Phoenix-Squadron goes. But for that you need an insane fast team ... bye bye balance ... :(

No, Kanaan and Chopper need to die first, Killing Hera won't help that much.
    Kanaan and Chopper are basically healing everybody as they get attacked, that's really hard to beat. In order to stop it, you need healing immunity and buff immunity. Shock would cover both, but there is no shock AoE, so it means you have to land your debuffs on Chopper and/or Kanaan to take anybody out, and good luck debuffing Chopper with his 30% evasion, or Kanaan with his double tenacity.
  • Options
    Zeta Maul lead with Nihilus and Sith Assasin should be faster than Chopper's taunt. which means Nihilus steals cooldowns, and it will be a round before taunting, but that also means your 4th and 5th spots have to be healing immunity, buff immunity, and/or stun.

They should be the best defensive squad around by far, they'll be mediocre in any other aspect I think. Galactic war should be easy with them too.
  • Options
    the lack of group ally/enemy buff/cleanse/debuff or a pretaunt is pretty hard to overcome. I dont think that they will beat the zaul meta going on right now, the zaul/ep team will like get a daze and group stun before phoenix can even go and they can target a single toon if they want. does anybody have experience w/ high level game play w/ them?

they seem awfully expensive for a GW team...
  • Options
    the lack of group ally/enemy buff/cleanse/debuff or a pretaunt is pretty hard to overcome. I dont think that they will beat the zaul meta going on right now, the zaul/ep team will like get a daze and group stun before phoenix can even go and they can target a single toon if they want. does anybody have experience w/ high level game play w/ them?

Every time someone says that, I have to point out how much this team PROFITS off of getting debuffed. The lack of a group cleanse actually HELPS them. Look at their abilities.
  • Options
    While they may benefit from buffs, I don't see how they could compete with a Wiggs, Chaze, STH team.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Every time someone says that, I have to point out how much this team PROFITS off of getting debuffed. The lack of a group cleanse actually HELPS them. Look at their abilities.

i appreciate the health up from Kannan and zeb getting protection ... but i guess i'm worried about the zaul teams which tend to have dn, tfp, ep a lot ... you cant gain health when shocked (cant remember if they fixed it so cant gain protection too) or w/ health immunity buff. I think this would be a problem.

also, w/ no auto taunt (and tanks being slow ... except chopper who aside from evade, cant really tank) the other team can take out Hera or shock/daze/ability block (w/ boba)/reduce your cd w/ the sith squads.

again, just speculating as I have not seen high level play. i've got them to g7 and 2-4 stars and these are the "early" issues as I see them.

would love to hear experience from somebody that has used them at high level and has experience w/ them on offense and defense
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

i appreciate the health up from Kannan and zeb getting protection ... but i guess i'm worried about the zaul teams which tend to have dn, tfp, ep a lot ... you cant gain health when shocked (cant remember if they fixed it so cant gain protection too) or w/ health immunity buff. I think this would be a problem.

also, w/ no auto taunt (and tanks being slow ... except chopper who aside from evade, cant really tank) the other team can take out Hera or shock/daze/ability block (w/ boba)/reduce your cd w/ the sith squads.

again, just speculating as I have not seen high level play. i've got them to g7 and 2-4 stars and these are the "early" issues as I see them.

would love to hear experience from somebody that has used them at high level and has experience w/ them on offense and defense

Chopper taunts early enough and it will hopefully let kanaan taunt. Healing immunity and buff immunity combined, or shock would prevent their damage mitigation that happens as they get damaged. Shock isn't AoE so that's not really feasible.

The best way to take down the phoenix is with buff wipes and high damage. Chopper's protection up is a buff, not a heal, so healing immunity alone won't stop them getting "healed" as they are getting damaged.

If someone managed to sneak past Kanaan and Chopper and kill Hera, I'd laugh at them. She's the smallest threat on the Phoenix team. She doesn't have a unique to share. She doesn't improve offense or defense. She just gives a little tm, and that's all killing her would get rid of. Everyone else's unique will be shared until the person who owns the unique dies.

• Options
    I think Chopper is better than I originally had thought.
    Decent speed
    Basic attacks that buff (including counter attacks?) and can reduce cool downs (Do we know how many times this can activate?
    Short Taunt with evasion (mitagates some damage but chopper actually benefits from being hit/taking damage)
    Debuff ability with bonus of TM adjustments and droid stun

Chopper is able to solo R2D2 fight.
  • Options

Chopper taunts early enough and it will hopefully let kanaan taunt. Healing immunity and buff immunity combined, or shock would prevent their damage mitigation that happens as they get damaged. Shock isn't AoE so that's not really feasible.

The best way to take down the phoenix is with buff wipes and high damage. Chopper's protection up is a buff, not a heal, so healing immunity alone won't stop them getting "healed" as they are getting damaged.

If someone managed to sneak past Kanaan and Chopper and kill Hera, I'd laugh at them. She's the smallest threat on the Phoenix team. She doesn't have a unique to share. She doesn't improve offense or defense. She just gives a little tm, and that's all killing her would get rid of. Everyone else's unique will be shared until the person who owns the unique dies.

i thought the uniques are shared while hera is active, now that I read that I guess it is only the TM gain w/ special abilities that depends on hera being alive
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Pheonix seriously lack the "X" factor. Perhaps a Zeta ability or 5 would change that. Not sure why they released 6 toons (even if you just buy 5) that are sub-par. Perhaps there is more to the ships event coming...
  • Options
    BlazeSA wrote: »
    Pheonix seriously lack the "X" factor. Perhaps a Zeta ability or 5 would change that. Not sure why they released 6 toons (even if you just buy 5) that are sub-par. Perhaps there is more to the ships event coming...

So the best auto defensive capabilities of any team ever released that aren't dependent upon the AI so can't be screwed up isn't anything special to you, huh?

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

They all have an ability which is only level 7. This means that CG already plan to put them a zeta to evolve the toons. Only Chopper is maxed.
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    Options

So the best auto defensive capabilities of any team ever released that aren't dependent upon the AI so can't be screwed up isn't anything special to you, huh?

Indeed it isn't, you cant defend the enemy to death :)
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

They all have an ability which is only level 7. This means that CG already plan to put them a zeta to evolve the toons. Only Chopper is maxed.

Yip, maybe one day they will be usefull, maybe not.
    Seems like EA overestimated their popularity, the community probably would've spent more bucks to get useful toons with lvl 8 abilities from day 1. Despite the fact that many here don't like the new series
  • Options
    Phoenix is not a Meta changer. I run them (yes I put some money in). But basically there is no chance to beat the highly geared Zaul / Sith plague at all. Good for Top 10, yes, Good for 1-5.. not really.

In general they lack defnitely Zeta support (why did not they bring it with the toon releases??? Why do they release a new combo with any Zeta at all??).
    They lack speed / TM, usually fast Sith team simply outspeed you a lot (true for many other combos).
    They lack damage (ok Sabine is not our yet but I doubt she will change it..)

It's a good combo, but no game changer or equal to the current Zaul blabla teams (which I hate, worst Meta they ever brought in).

• Options
    i was really excited about ezra ... but then I started comparing him to QGJ ... and I'm not sure ezra is better now. their kit's are similar and they are both jedi but ezra has the added benefit/problem of being a rebel
This discussion has been closed.