Breaking News!!!! 11-page Update Notes will be Released Feb 3 PST.

Replies

• Options
    Anubis wrote: »
    ChazSunray wrote: »
    I am not always a "glass is half-empty" type of guy, but I think IF Yoda does make his debut soon, 99% of us will be left slobbering and drooling all over our mobile devices as the whales redeem their thousands of surplus tokens to instantly 7* his little green butt.
    The advance copy of the patch notes says that there is no way to refresh the shard shop, so they'll have to wait a while to grab the little green guy.

If this is the case then it probably doesn't require a refresh. If it refreshes I don't see why it wouldn't follow the same format we currently have.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    There are some new characters coming in February, but they aren't detailed in these Release Notes.

All this toon speculation is cool and all, but John has stated that they won't be detailed in these notes. There's also no guarantee any will even be included in this update. He simply said February. So let's not go nuclear when there's no info in the notes, and if we don't see any in this update at all.

Agreed. Widespread balance changes are hard enough without introducing toons that are brand new and haven't worked into the meta yet. I would be sad but understand if they wanted to hold off on them in lieu of balance changes right now. I certainly wouldn't be mad. Hopefully we are proving to the devs that there really ARE reasonable people in the community :)
  • Options
    Maybe the shard shop will be on the standard 6 hour timer with no refreshes allowed, so that the whales can "only get" X-amount of shards per day. Still, I don't think it will be a pittance of an offering to them, as they won't spend much anymore without being able to expedite their trading. JMO
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    On a serious note, this is a step in the right direction and when EA/CG make improvements, I want to give praise as strongly as I would give criticism. Can't wait to see the notes, since this appears to be a big update....

I am surprised you would even have time to read the notes considering you are spending so much time necro'ing old threads :)

Not necro-ing, deleting drafts, it's been done by others in the past. Didn't know this offended others so greatly when I only deleted 2 or 3 of them. Maybe if we had the ability to delete the drafts or they deleted automatically after X amount of days, the problem would go away....
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If you go to the forums on a mobile device there is a way to delete drafts there. Why it isn't on the PC version, no idea, but then I also don't know why they are using this feature-poor software that lacks capabilites that vBulletin had when Clinton was in office.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    What I would really like to see is....
    • A change from the current speed meta to something more defense oriented, which would make for some epic, nail-biter battles down to the wire.
    • A solution to address the overall usefulness of tanks
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    If you go to the forums on a mobile device there is a way to delete drafts there. Why it isn't on the PC version, no idea, but then I also don't know why they are using this feature-poor software that lacks capabilites that vBulletin had when Clinton was in office.

Serious?? I gotta check that out now!!! Thanks!!!
    I'm so OCD, those unused drafts annoy the crap out of me...

UPDATE:Yes!!! Nice little "X" to click and presto, no more drafts!!!

My only problem now is that @Barrok was enjoying all the posts I was necro-ing using the PC here at work. Don't worry, I'll save some good drafts for you and surprise you here and there for old times sake.....LOL
  • Options
    What I would really like to see is....
    • A change from the current speed meta to something more defense oriented, which would make for some epic, nail-biter battles down to the wire.
    • A solution to address the overall usefulness of tanks
    To that end, a general game balance that would, at least to some extent, make various team styles viable. That way, the top arena teams wouldn't all look the same.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Serious?? I gotta check that out now!!! Thanks!!!

I'm so OCD, those unused drafts annoy the crap out of me...

lnYTy8D.png
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Okay guys!!! I got a copy of EAs release notes early, here they are.....

Aclu-v-ashcroft-redacted.jpg
  • Options

Thats only one page, where is the rest?
  • Options

Probably for the same reason my workplace uses computers that run like TRS-80s with dead floppy disk drives....cheeeeeeap
  • Options

Looks like one of Hillary's "non classified" emails to me.
  • Options
    Cecton wrote: »

It looks more like what the CIA sends you after a FOIA request. I swear someone decides to redact random sentences sometimes.
  • Options
    So is this thing coming out today or what?
  • Options
    Whales wrote: »
    So is this thing coming out today or what?

Yeahhh
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    im not going to sleep until they release this thing.

waiting...

waiting..
  • Options
    just read it tomorrow. it wont affect anything for a few weeks anyway. could be another 4 hours before they release it, they may decide to do it tomorrow, or forget to do it today, who knows.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Actually, the update notes are up on reddit as of 33 minutes ago!

JK JK :)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Actually, the update notes are up on reddit as of 33 minutes ago!

JK JK :)

Evil. This is evil. I jumped a little.
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    14:00 PST right now, they can make us wait for another 10 hours :s
  • Options
    rotam wrote: »
    In theory they have to go home eventually.
  • Options

are u guys serious? you're waiting for them to post updates? lol. I 'll read it when I read it.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

That's if it's posted today. They didn't guarantee it. @CG_JohnSalera said he'd let us know if there'd be a delay. So, again, let's not go nuclear if it's not.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    If I were in charge, I would wait until right before I went home. Then I wouldn't have to deal with all of the comments until tomorrow.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I'll be happy to proof read a copy b4 it's released ;)
  • Options
    Cecton wrote: »

GET OUT OF MY MIND!

Lol, I thought the same thing.. :D

• Options
    Telaan wrote: »

That's if it's posted today. They didn't guarantee it. @CG_JohnSalera said he'd let us know if there'd be a delay. So, again, let's not go nuclear if it's not.

for real? there might be a moneystuffing riot. you know these nerds are unstable. this could be the thing that burns this mother down. lol