Breaking News!!!! 11-page Update Notes will be Released Feb 3 PST.

Replies

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    So rather than conform to the current meta and use Poe yourself, you want the whole dynamic changing just to suit you?
    I want the dynamic changed so there is variety and viability for a breadth of different builds. I couldn't care less about duplicating everyone else's boring cookie-cutter teams.
    I've been farming Poe for weeks. I could unlock him in a few hours and star him pretty quickly. Doesn't matter. He's extremely overpowered and has basically ruined PvP in this game. He needs to be fixed.

Every game has its selling point, the "overpowered character" that will give the free to play game it's income. Unfortunately it's Poe right now.

We have to roll with the punches til the next "Poe" comes along.
  • Options
    Thing is, whatever they do, 50% of the community will rage. Your faith is yours. Other's are other's.
    I don't care about others, because they're wrong. See how easy it is? :)
    Yes I get your point. But honestly, anyone who at this point can't see what a joke Poe has made of this game has blinders on.
    Every high-level team is the same thing: Poe, Phasma and one-shotters or Poe, Poggle and droids. And they all destroy other teams before they even get a chance. I just fought a Poe/Poggle/droid team and it was just one-shot after one-shot. That's not how a turn-based game should work.

I mean, personally I use Poe L / Ben / Rey / QGJ / Leia. Am I meta enough??!!
  • Options

This update note must be the next Harry Potter...
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    "There's always a bigger fish" -QGJ
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So rather than conform to the current meta and use Poe yourself, you want the whole dynamic changing just to suit you?
    I want the dynamic changed so there is variety and viability for a breadth of different builds. I couldn't care less about duplicating everyone else's boring cookie-cutter teams.
    I've been farming Poe for weeks. I could unlock him in a few hours and star him pretty quickly. Doesn't matter. He's extremely overpowered and has basically ruined PvP in this game. He needs to be fixed.

But that's just it, YOU couldn't care less. Others do care and farmed him to keep up with the meta, so I don't see why they should nerf him to please the few who refuse to conform, such as you, when they'd screw over the thousands who invested in him by doing so.

My personal opinion is that I don't particularly mind one way or the other, if they nerf Poe I simply remove him from my Droid/Geo team and stick HK-47 in his place. I do think it'd be better for the game, and this community, if they did nerf him but if they don't I'm not stubborn enough to not use him just because it's annoying seeing him in every team.
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    yeah What the F, is George R R Martin writing the patch notes?
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    "There's always a bigger fish" -QGJ

Qui-Gon the wise.
  • Options
    Thing is, whatever they do, 50% of the community will rage.

Nailed it. Personally, I don't find Poe to be that OP, I think all he needs is a speed reduction so he doesn't go so early. That gives people more time to take him out/stun him/whatever; take out glass cannons so when Poe does go off it's not so painful.

• Options
    I don't even think Poe needs a speed reduction, if they remove anything I think it should be his taunt so that at least when your team gets a turn they can attempt to take out the oppositions big hitters ASAP.
  • Options
    I don't even think Poe needs a speed reduction, if they remove anything I think it should be his taunt so that at least when your team gets a turn they can attempt to take out the oppositions big hitters ASAP.

I'm assuming you mean the TM reduction from his Taunt, and not the actual taunt.

Otherwise: Wut
  • Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

I'm assuming you mean the TM reduction from his Taunt, and not the actual taunt.

No, the actual taunt. People whine about Poe teams but even without your own Poe they're beatable. As soon as his taunt ends and I can target the other opposition heroes I kill them easily, the only issue is whether I have enough health left to survive their next couple of attacks. If you take away his taunt but still allow him to reduce turn meter then at least when it comes to your turn you can take our the opposition heavy hitters instead of having to take out a hero who's already used his most powerful weapon.
  • Options
    Little kid yells from the back seat: "Are we there yet!!??"
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar

I think want you want. And what I hope everyone wants is the game to consist of multiple OP teams (based on synergies). Then depending on your opponent you have to pick your correct squad to beat them. (Rock, paper, scissors)

Right now everyone has Rock and we just flip coins.

If my Poe goes first I win 90% of the time if he doesn't I lose 90% of the time. Its time to move on.
  • Options

No, the actual taunt. People whine about Poe teams but even without your own Poe they're beatable. As soon as his taunt ends and I can target the other opposition heroes I kill them easily, the only issue is whether I have enough health left to survive their next couple of attacks. If you take away his taunt but still allow him to reduce turn meter then at least when it comes to your turn you can take our the opposition heavy hitters instead of having to take out a hero who's already used his most powerful weapon.

Do you know what the purpose of a tank is? Just curious. Because what you're suggesting would make him about as useful as an Ugnaught. (Well, maybe not that useless.)
  • Options
    Hey all -

Perfect timing for this, of course, but Jesse's computer is having issues. (No joke, for reals.)

Once that's cleared up, he'll post the notes as quickly as he can.

Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    Hey all -

Perfect timing for this, of course, but Jesse's computer is having issues. (No joke, for reals.)

Haha. Seriously? A dev with a crappy computer isn't too helpful :p
  • Options
    @Qeltar

I think want you want. And what I hope everyone wants is the game to consist of multiple OP teams (based on synergies). Then depending on your opponent you have to pick your correct squad to beat them. (Rock, paper, scissors)

If my Poe goes first I win 90% of the time if he doesn't I lose 90% of the time. Its time to move on.

^^ This, well said. That's exactly how it is in the top 10/20 right now. It's getting stale imho, stale then means not as fun, which in turn means people will be less interested in one of the crucial modes to play in this game.

That's not good for business.

• Options
    I was assured GRRM used a DOS computer so we wouldnt have this issue
  • Options
    Hey all -

GET

HYPE
  • Options

Do you know what the purpose of a tank is? Just curious. Because what you're suggesting would make him about as useful as an Ugnaught. (Well, maybe not that useless.)

Yes I do, now tell me, do all tanks have taunt a
    or are you just ignorant to those you don't have? Just curious. Boba doesn't have a taunt, yet he's a tank so your point is rendered rather moot.
  • Options
    Hey all -

Awesome! Finally time for everyone to be disappointed that Poe remains the same :smile:
  • Options
    yeah What the F, is George R R Martin writing the patch notes?

Haha

If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    I was assured GRRM used a DOS computer so we wouldnt have this issue

Unfortunately if Jesse does any on-site or telework he needs Internet connectivity. GRRM doesn't :P.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    The update notes are in one person's computer and not on a local server where any employee can have access to? O.o
  • Options
    Hey all -

Brace for impact.
    Fher wrote: »
    The update notes are in one person's computer and not on a local server where any employee can have access to? O.o
    No, it's just that it's Jesse's job to post 'em.
  • Options
    Fher wrote: »

At the very least a shared network drive with access controls!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar

It's the Internet. People will oppose anything just for the sake of it, no matter what it is.
    All that matters in the end is what CG thinks and does. I'm confident that they can see what is going on and that they've created a monster here.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    His pc has been hacked and Poe is getting a buff!
  • Options
    Hey all -

Haha. Seriously? A dev with a crappy computer isn't too helpful :p

Unlikely that community managers are also developers! Right? Hopefully? Otherwise you got someone responsible for some code, and now and then they go interact with the community.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Has anyone in Australia read or seen it yet?

That's not the way this one works, they should release it during work hours left coast U.S. Time.

Left coast haha