Tenacity = it's a joke! (It's a bug actually)

2Next

Replies

• BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @EA_MindTricks can you guys take a look into this please.

Edit: zMauls daze that is

I want them to look into Tenacity being ineffective too, not just the Zaul problem. :)
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and sent up to our team for further review. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Yep, I've always wondered why mauls daze lands every time.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    BeWary wrote: »

I want them to look into Tenacity being ineffective too, not just the Zaul problem. :)

You mean like how you have to completely mod a toon out for tenacity just to make it 'useable', only for a toon with zero potency from mods (Maul) to completely override it?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    BeWary wrote: »

You mean like how you have to completely mod a toon out for tenacity just to make it 'useable', only for a toon with zero potency from mods (Maul) to completely override it?

Basically, but I wouldn't say it works well at all, even when completely modding a toon for tenacity. I did it just last week... General Kenobi completely modded with Tenacity mods, with ~80% tenacity, and still he resisted almost nothing. That's not even counting Maul's Daze debuff, which of course always hits.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    Options
    A few things here:

1) 100% Tenacity does not mean resist every time.

Tenacity/Potency might work like this...

Potency * Random1 vs Tenacity * Random2

Random1 and Random2 are two random numbers... Highest value in above calc wins. So if are equal 50/50 chance of affect landing... If potency is double Tenacity you have a 75% of it landing...

2) As already Mentioned Maul gains potency from his unique...

3) I wonder if landing the attack as Critical increases the chances of landing the Debuff, this would really benifit Zmaul teams.

• Darksaber98
    427 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    also theres something about this game such that all the values are rolled at the start of the game
    i once used a sid with 2% potency in gw against kylo his health block got resisted so i changed his mods to give him 60% potency, kylo had around 25% potency and he still resisted
    i restarted the game and the health block stuck
    so there's nonsense like this happening in this game