A Word About Gauntlet Fighter ***Muh-Muh-Muh-MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    putz1337 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Back to the topic at hand, is anyone going to use this? Mine will collect dust just like the Ghost and Phantom.

CG misses the mark again. Maybe the next update we can get another not worthwhile ship, that's mislabeled, and a rework that you can't use. *shakes head* "Awesome" is not the adjective I would use.

More empire toons are always welcome. Especially ones with full team cleansers with protection up

I mentioned nothing of new Empire toons, just the awful reworked one. Veers was the rework, he doesn't cleanse. I do not welcome that abomination of a rework.

Back to the question at hand, does anyone plan on actually using the new ship?

Have to wait to see the possible reworks on the troopers - no way can you analyze the Veers rework without that info.

I've seen enough. Remember the Phoenix squad? The Veers rework is practically the same thing. Except this time, you have to gear up 5 mostly long obsolete toons instead of gearing up 5 money hungry toons. I pushed Veers within a hair of gear 11, saw the rework abilities, and immediately shelved him. He will not see the light of day.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Back to the topic at hand, is anyone going to use this? Mine will collect dust just like the Ghost and Phantom.

CG misses the mark again. Maybe the next update we can get another not worthwhile ship, that's mislabeled, and a rework that you can't use. *shakes head* "Awesome" is not the adjective I would use.

Why do you think so poorly of it? Because it doesn't fit in nicely with your current fleet? It seems to me like it would be great in an empire fleet.
    - 100% chance to inflict buff immunity isn't common amongst the various ships available and is a welcome counter to the flying tanks out there
    - Mass debuff cleanse and prot up (20-40%) seems useful enough
    - +40% defense to all empire allies in addition to +20-40 speed also seems useful

I'm excited to see what he can do for the Imperial Fleet that I'm trying to build
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    So 3 second google on gar saxon ship.....

tumblr_mtjsicGb2R1si6e75o1_500.gif

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Spyda wrote: »

Why do you think so poorly of it? Because it doesn't fit in nicely with your current fleet? It seems to me like it would be great in an empire fleet.
    - 100% chance to inflict buff immunity isn't common amongst the various ships available and is a welcome counter to the flying tanks out there
    - +40% defense to all empire allies in addition to +20-40 speed also seems useful

I'm excited to see what he can do for the Imperial Fleet that I'm trying to build

That's not the reason at all. If you want to * the ship or pilot, pull out your wallet. Eventually, when the pilot does become farmable, the ship has no gurantee of getting the same. Wasted resources imo.
  • Options
    The big thing to take away from this mistake is that it tells me they're probably planning a mandalorian faction to come out over the next few weeks...
  • Options
    We need 10 chewie shards
  • Options

Ghost and phantom both seem really good though, especially ghost - has anyone maxed all of phoenix and both ships? because right now looks like the ships are being let down by weak (under starred/geared/levelled) pilots

Gauntlet also looks decent, it's an empire cleanser

Sure right now it might not be optimal but that's because there is only 2 maybe 3 possible good combos, and they're all combos of the same ships - when ships are finally fleshed out and there's plenty of combos like with normal characters I reckon we'll see more uses for ore ships
  • Options
    Spyda wrote: »

That's not the reason at all. If you want to * the ship or pilot, pull out your wallet. Eventually, when the pilot does become farmable, the ship has no gurantee of getting the same. Wasted resources imo.

Hadn't read this when I last replied

So basically you're mad they don't release it right away? Sure yeah it's annoying but they've said anything released through marquee events (which gauntlet has been released through) will follow release cadence

Gauntlet will most likely become farmable with Gar and ISC
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    I find it funny how the empire doesn't have a cleanser, but their fleet does. Lol
  • Options
    I thought it was the wrong ship but I did t wanna say anything :/
  • Options
    The ship looks great, particularly for an empire fleet. The bigger issue is needing to buy and level two premium toons for the ship to work well. That's what stops me from just chasing the ship. I was thinking about it since Gar's kit seems interesting too, but then when I learned ISC was a required toon for it? No thank you, CG.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Is there some requirement for working at CG stating "be good at gifs and memes"?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Love the gauntlet ship, great abilities that empire really needed to make tarkin usable. Thanks EA! Hopefully it will be farmable in this century!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    Is there some requirement for working at CG stating "be good at gifs and memes"?

Yes.... because humor isn't dead, people are human and dance parties are fundamentally a responsibility of the world to enforce

mlfw2048-95414_-_animated_The_Club_Cant_Even_Handle_M.gif
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Why can't we have both ships
  • Options
    hey look another event to sim through and be bombarded with pop ups to buy junk... score!
  • Options
    What the hell is wrong with you guys
  • Options
    I must say, the ship looks nothing like the one he used in season 3 of Star Wars Rebels but it has a really cool kit.

His actual ship looks very similar to the Pre Visla's ship (my boys have a lego set of it).

Also, I thought having the planet Mandalore in the background of the ship battles for the event was a really nice touch!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I must say, the ship looks nothing like the one he used in season 3 of Star Wars Rebels but it has a really cool kit.

His actual ship looks very similar to the Pre Visla's ship (my boys have a lego set of it).

Also, I thought having the planet Mandalore in the background of the ship battles for the event was a really nice touch!

Thats not Mandalore, its Concord Dawn. (not judging, im just a fan of Rebels)
  • Options
    Since it's just a normal mandalorian ship why not give it to ISC and give gar his own ship. Then we get two new Empire ships. You already modeled the ship might as well use it.
  • Options
    What the hell is wrong with you guys

6359938049393778571690014639_crazy.gif
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    I like how you are treating this, keep up a good work!

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

great job on approach with this ....and cuddos to /u/SilveRX96 the 1 man that spotted it

Honesty will go a long way with the player base I believe
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Now if we could just take a look at those ship Omegas that were accidentally released in the Ghost/Phantom packs...
  • Options
    I say no clone helmets
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I say no clone helmets

I say helmets on all Ewoks
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Huh, I notice the Fang Fighter's wings spin around the main body - too bad, it looks like that animation didn't make it into the finished piece.

Also, I think we should make all the clones carry Ewoks around piggyback, like Master Blaster. Tell me I'm wrong.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    About this whole clone helmets, why not make them like Gar Saxon and carry their helmets under their arms before the battle starts and THEN putting it on when it does...? That should end this question..
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Waez wrote: »
    While we're at it, let's make Clones wear their helmets.

I am scared about this though, how will we know who is who if they've all got their helmets on? I mean, I'm unpopular with this vote, but I'm cool with the 'unique' 'clones' (what does that even mean) being visually identifiable.

However, if NRAJ wants to put whip cream on his head, I will not stop him.

Will not be harder than identifying jawas...

1znscnm.jpg

Also Sabine should use her helmet. They all should do like Saxon: standing grabbing the helmet on the presentation screen, and have their helmets on during battle.

Edit: misspell
  • Options
    DieInFire wrote: »

I am scared about this though, how will we know who is who if they've all got their helmets on? I mean, I'm unpopular with this vote, but I'm cool with the 'unique' 'clones' (what does that even mean) being visually identifiable.

1znscnm.jpg

Also Sabine should use her helmet. They all should do like Saxon: standing grabbing the helmet on the presentation screen, and have their helmets on during battle.

Plus it would fit in with clone Sargent. Him having a helmet makes him seem odd because the others don't.
  • Options
    DieInFire wrote: »

1znscnm.jpg

I already can't tell them apart by their helmets. I only know which one Sgt is.
This discussion has been closed.