[VIDEO] R2 Arena Play: Multiple Combos & Destroying Sith

Replies

  • scuba wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    kGGddtz.png

    Lol... Yep, I didn't use Rex, chaze, nihilus, maul, or any of the common meta toons, except zqgj if that toon counts as meta.

    I think R2 will widen the toon selection for elite arenas.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    Thanks @scuba

    @Mullato check this video out, since you love Jedi.

    Yeah that squad's dope.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    Thanks @scuba

    @Mullato check this video out, since you love Jedi.

    Yeah that squad's dope.

    I want you to know, I never hated Jedi, but was just disappointed in how they performed on my shard. I'll let you know how far this squad drops o/n. I hope it does well enough (no refreshes req'd to regain 1st.)
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    Thanks @scuba

    @Mullato check this video out, since you love Jedi.

    Yeah that squad's dope.

    I want you to know, I never hated Jedi, but was just disappointed in how they performed on my shard. I'll let you know how far this squad drops o/n. I hope it does well enough (no refreshes req'd to regain 1st.)

    Aight cool, Goodluck.
  • scuba wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    Congratulations, you beat a chaze team with a double zeta team and kenobi. Now what exactly is your point? The argument isn't that they're op because they're unbeatable; the argument is that they're op because they do too much and they do it too well. It can be very frustrating to play against, it hurts most toons who have similar skills, and it allows people to be lazing when designing their team. There's a reason the most used comp at the number one spot on swgoh.gg is a team with chaze in it..
  • scuba
    12869 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    scuba wrote: »
    ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    Congratulations, you beat a chaze team with a double zeta team and kenobi. Now what exactly is your point? The argument isn't that they're op because they're unbeatable; the argument is that they're op because they do too much and they do it too well. It can be very frustrating to play against, it hurts most toons who have similar skills, and it allows people to be lazing when designing their team. There's a reason the most used comp at the number one spot on swgoh.gg is a team with chaze in it..

    My point was to share a video of a jedi team with R2 that someone requested I share for them.
    What is your point? To complain about the same thing over and over?

    I guess both of our points have been met. Check and Check.

    These are the threads you are looking for:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/108915/chaze-a-reasonable-look-at-the-most-overtuned-duo-in-game

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/108811/complaining-about-zaul-but-being-ok-with-chaze

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86020/so-chaze-is-just-going-to-be-ignored
  • scuba wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    Congratulations, you beat a chaze team with a double zeta team and kenobi. Now what exactly is your point? The argument isn't that they're op because they're unbeatable; the argument is that they're op because they do too much and they do it too well. It can be very frustrating to play against, it hurts most toons who have similar skills, and it allows people to be lazing when designing their team. There's a reason the most used comp at the number one spot on swgoh.gg is a team with chaze in it..
    Get your toxic words off this positive thread; with people helping each other. Nobody likes pollution.
  • scuba wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    kGGddtz.png

    Hahaha. Oh man, that is so great. Tell me there's someone making comics just based off of ridiculous threads in the forum.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.
  • I just tried Rex lead, R2 double Zeta, nihilus, kylo and Old Ben (gear 9, only potency mods). Obvious tactics here, and the team worked perfectly. I destroyed a nihilus lead team just for the loss of Old Ben (of course). Very fun team indeed.
  • scuba
    12869 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    Against which team? I run a full R1 squad and have gotten handed my fair share of beatings even on offense. That is vs teams with and with out chirruit and baze.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4358 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    I kind of have a team like that. I used to assemble off the wall teams to beat the latest and greatest meta. I give you AA lead destroying Zader. No Baze, just Chirrut.


    SnakesOnAPlane
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    Against which team? I run a full R1 squad and have gotten handed my fair share of beatings even on offense. That is vs teams with and with out chirruit and baze.

    My thoughts really are about just how much kenobi or kylo or rex adds to the r2 chaze combo, and are they really necessary to beat either a rex or maul team, or will other toons also do the job.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I just tried Rex lead, R2 double Zeta, nihilus, kylo and Old Ben (gear 9, only potency mods). Obvious tactics here, and the team worked perfectly. I destroyed a nihilus lead team just for the loss of Old Ben (of course). Very fun team indeed.

    I'm assuming you stealthed everyone but Ben? I saw some folks speculating that could work, glad to see you pulled it off. It's such a cool abilitiy that never really comes into play this days. Truly a brilliant adaptation of a character's philosophy and fighting style.

  • I just tried Rex lead, R2 double Zeta, nihilus, kylo and Old Ben (gear 9, only potency mods). Obvious tactics here, and the team worked perfectly. I destroyed a nihilus lead team just for the loss of Old Ben (of course). Very fun team indeed.

    I'm assuming you stealthed everyone but Ben? I saw some folks speculating that could work, glad to see you pulled it off. It's such a cool abilitiy that never really comes into play this days. Truly a brilliant adaptation of a character's philosophy and fighting style.
    Yes, I save it until Old Ben has got his AOE off, then cloak all but Ben. Then I cloak everyone but kylo the next time the ability is ready. I just destroyed a zaul team to the same effect: zaul lead, nihilus, chaze and Zarris. A difficult an annoying team, but mine made short work of it.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    I kind of have a team like that. I used to assemble off the wall teams to beat the latest and greatest meta. I give you AA lead destroying Zader. No Baze, just Chirrut.


    Quite cool actually, tanacity up really killed them, and if you could find another team opposite side with baze plus chirrut that would be even better.

  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4358 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    I kind of have a team like that. I used to assemble off the wall teams to beat the latest and greatest meta. I give you AA lead destroying Zader. No Baze, just Chirrut.


    Quite cool actually, tanacity up really killed them, and if you could find another team opposite side with baze plus chirrut that would be even better.

    It was important I got my Chirrut and TFP as fast as possible in that scenario. The Tenacity Up was 1 key, but I also had to get as much potency on TFP as possible for the ability block on his Baze, the 2nd key, as his Baze had 105% tenacity. Without that ability block Baze would have just mowed down my team, and Zader and EP would have taken over. The team 5ucked on Defense, but it got me to 1st for weeks, and that's all that matters. :)

    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    12869 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    Against which team? I run a full R1 squad and have gotten handed my fair share of beatings even on offense. That is vs teams with and with out chirruit and baze.

    My thoughts really are about just how much kenobi or kylo or rex adds to the r2 chaze combo, and are they really necessary to beat either a rex or maul team, or will other toons also do the job.

    My experience with my R1 team so far is if Rex/chirrut/baze/GK has DN on the team it can cause problems because it becomes hard to focus him down. Take DN or one of the cleansers out becomes much simpler. So it is not just baze and chirruit that make that team but are integral to it.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    scuba wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    Against which team? I run a full R1 squad and have gotten handed my fair share of beatings even on offense. That is vs teams with and with out chirruit and baze.

    My thoughts really are about just how much kenobi or kylo or rex adds to the r2 chaze combo, and are they really necessary to beat either a rex or maul team, or will other toons also do the job.

    My experience with my R1 team so far is if Rex/chirrut/baze/GK has DN on the team it can cause problems because it becomes hard to focus him down. Take DN or one of the cleansers out becomes much simpler. So it is not just baze and chirruit that make that team but are integral to it.

    I am really trying to formulate a team specifically to counter chaze because they literally own my top 100. I can't break top 50 other then once or twice a week mostly because i cant hold on defense at all once im near the top 50. It's a no meta, level 76 is the highest player. Most people are running either resistance with chaze, or wiggs with chaze. I could join them all, but i just do not want to I can't stand running the same things everyone else does. And I can win against resistance teams as long as I can get rid of jyn first, then i work on chirrut. If I take down chirrut first she usually brings him right back and then its a slaughter. The wiggs combo is actually easier for me to get past, but they completely crush me on defense. I sincerely would love some feedback on a better combination of getting past chaze without rex, maul, or another chaze combination.

    And @ snakes, your tie ackbar combo was interesting as that is easily done for me right now.
  • ddlooping2
    1027 posts Member
    May I request again a video of a team with R2, no Chaze, no GK please? :)
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    May I request again a video of a team with R2, no Chaze, no GK please? :)
    I have said above, Rex lead, kylo, R2, nihilus, Old Ben is an amazing team on offence. Unfortunately I can't record battles as I'm on iOS.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Roux wrote: »
    Roux wrote: »
    The fact that R2 is bugged giving twice the offensive bonus is making things easier as well :)

    @Roux can you prove there is a bug? Info showing such?

    Friend of mine showed me **** last night mate, from the group chat my understanding is R2 is getting twice the bonus and others getting the increase the same as R2 rather then the 10-15% of base stats they should get.

    Could be a total misunderstanding of mechanics on our part.
    But that's our belief currently.

    There's a few things to take into account concerning Number Crunch.
    First is that R2 is the only character that is going to get a % increase from the ability.
    Everyone else will have their stats increase by a flat amount which is determined by R2's stats.

    Secondly people's base stats and the damage modifiers on the abilities means that you can't guess how much someone's damage will go up based on just calculating the flat amount R2 will give. If someone has a low damage stat and a high modifier, they will benefit far more from the increase than someone with a low modifier and/or a high damage stat would.

    R2 has a damage modifier on his basic of over 2. That means that he does get almost a 20% increase in damage for each 10% increase in offense and it isn't a bug.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    This sounds like it could be fun; I think I may take you up on that challenge. I was one of the few who will admit to a maxxed Luke...I didn't realize he was considered worthless before I GXed him, and then just decided to finish him. I've found uses for him here and there.

    Regarding the odd hatred thrown at @ImYourHuckleberry , I like seeing his squad. I'm always a fan of people that don't follow the popular Meta, and at least on OUR shard, he's definitely the lone Jedi fielder in contention, just like @scuba and I still cling to the true Rebel meta even as Sith and Rex have become Top 50 dominant.

    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I think you should make a video with r2, chaze, farmer Luke, and ackbar. If you get slaughtered then your spot on with total team synergy with your creation. If however you win with that team, the nerf chaze people may have something. . .

    Genuinely I would love to see the difference just to see how much difference there is with two low scale characters in place of meta characters.

    Please? :) i ask nicely.

    This sounds like it could be fun; I think I may take you up on that challenge. I was one of the few who will admit to a maxxed Luke...I didn't realize he was considered worthless before I GXed him, and then just decided to finish him. I've found uses for him here and there.


    That would be awesome! Farmer Luke is a must, the fifth toon I would leave to which ever under powered rebel you have maxed, ackbar was just a suggestion, although in his own right he can be very useful. I want a clear vision of what chaze looks like basically on their own with r2.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Seems like the point of the thread isn't to point out what we already knew: Chaze is a strong top arena contender as is (or perhaps was, with R2) Zaul. The point here is that R2 makes a multitude of teams and their synergies good against top arena squads, at least on offense, not lease of which is the Zaul meta that was already kind of fading.

    Its not like one toon is going to take all the strong heroes in the game and make them useless, although Zaul definitely made a lot of squads unreliable, especially on D. Looks like its Rex, R2, DN, and Chaze's time to shine!

    Edit: To add, the Zaul lead meta might be dead, but Maul as a toon does still do double damage against Jedi and has an AOE daze which is good against assist callers, counters, etc. Perhaps if Jedi rise to the top (Ep. VIII is coming Christmas!) then he'll still be a useful toon.
  • scuba wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2

    Congratulations, you beat a chaze team with a double zeta team and kenobi. Now what exactly is your point? The argument isn't that they're op because they're unbeatable; the argument is that they're op because they do too much and they do it too well. It can be very frustrating to play against, it hurts most toons who have similar skills, and it allows people to be lazing when designing their team. There's a reason the most used comp at the number one spot on swgoh.gg is a team with chaze in it..

    My point was to share a video of a jedi team with R2 that someone requested I share for them.
    What is your point? To complain about the same thing over and over?

    I guess both of our points have been met. Check and Check.

    These are the threads you are looking for:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/108915/chaze-a-reasonable-look-at-the-most-overtuned-duo-in-game

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/108811/complaining-about-zaul-but-being-ok-with-chaze

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86020/so-chaze-is-just-going-to-be-ignored

    I will admit that I did post this on the wrong thread. Didn't mean to. Sorry about that
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Please try any combo that does not have Chaze in it. They alone were already good against everyone. I just would love to see something really different :)
    +1

    This. Chaze suggestions are useless. Provide actual and concrete content by showing a team without Chaze.

    I was in the same boat with you here but then I thought about it. Why would you want to leave the two most powerful toons out of your arena team, if you had them available?

    That R2 has excellent synergy with many others does not mean the duo, with whom the benefits are superb, should be ignored.

    Once I finally open Baze I'm going to gear up the dynamic duo and R2.
  • Vertigo
    4489 posts Member
    Naw wrote: »
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Please try any combo that does not have Chaze in it. They alone were already good against everyone. I just would love to see something really different :)
    +1

    This. Chaze suggestions are useless. Provide actual and concrete content by showing a team without Chaze.

    I was in the same boat with you here but then I thought about it. Why would you want to leave the two most powerful toons out of your arena team, if you had them available?

    That R2 has excellent synergy with many others does not mean the duo, with whom the benefits are superb, should be ignored.

    Once I finally open Baze I'm going to gear up the dynamic duo and R2.

    You wouldn't. Obivously. But that doesn't mean you MUST use them in every situation you use to test a new character. People want to be able to see how much of an impact R2 has by himself, but that's harder to do with Chaze in there simply because they overshadow a lot of other toons in many of the videos. Plus not everyone has both of them so they probably want to see R2 used without them so they can see how R2 might be able to improve their teams. No one is saying "Don't use Chaze in your arena team" they're really trying to say "Can we see how R2 improves many different types teams by himself (If he does improve all of them)?" I mean, sure, they're not all doing it in the nicest possible way, but that's really what they're going for. The more different combos you can test a new character with, the better. People have come up with a lot of teams to try and beat the Maul teams, and plenty of those don't have Chaze simply because not everyone has Chaze. The videos showed a lot of combinations of teams, but they weren't really different types of teams except for the zQGJ video that was posted. They were pretty similar styled teams that all had R2 in them, but that's not what people wanted to see.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    You wouldn't. Obivously. But that doesn't mean you MUST use them in every situation you use to test a new character. People want to be able to see how much of an impact R2 has by himself, but that's harder to do with Chaze in there simply because they overshadow a lot of other toons in many of the videos. Plus not everyone has both of them so they probably want to see R2 used without them so they can see how R2 might be able to improve their teams. No one is saying "Don't use Chaze in your arena team" they're really trying to say "Can we see how R2 improves many different types teams by himself (If he does improve all of them)?" I mean, sure, they're not all doing it in the nicest possible way, but that's really what they're going for. The more different combos you can test a new character with, the better. People have come up with a lot of teams to try and beat the Maul teams, and plenty of those don't have Chaze simply because not everyone has Chaze. The videos showed a lot of combinations of teams, but they weren't really different types of teams except for the zQGJ video that was posted. They were pretty similar styled teams that all had R2 in them, but that's not what people wanted to see.

    I'm looking forward to Ahnald's upcoming vid showcasing R2 with his various factions.

    Should be fun to watch.

    ...Not to steal focus from some good videos showing R2 with various combinations, but not entirely dissimilar.
  • scuba
    12869 posts Member
    Well the only teams you will probably not see chirrut/baze in with R2 is resistance and Jedi.
Sign In or Register to comment.