KNOWN ISSUES - 12/23/2015

Replies

• Options
    Time, it's the character who has to be lvl 50, not you. Did you train your Sid to lvl 50?
  • Options
    Time wrote: »
    So haven't read every bug but i havent seen this one me mentioned. I just hit lvl 50 and went to upgrade sids leaded ability, but it is greyed out even though i meat lvl and material requirements. Same with lukes bullseye and old dakas heal. I restarted the game but it didn't help.

Have you tried scrolling down? Those also require some lvl3 ability mats but the UI doesn't make it obvious.
  • Options
    Barris isn't OP BUT, there is a glitch where she still recovers characters even if they have healing immunity. Which is actually the worse. Make sure that anytime any toon has immunity they can't recover by any method.

Dooku's extra attack after counter should probably be nerfed but only by a little, either that or just leave him as is but make sure to have his 5-7 star strength attribute be consistent with a support character.

Galactic war is set up really weird so that occasionally the diffuculty will spike by like 5 levels. Again that's the worst.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Time wrote: »
    So haven't read every bug but i havent seen this one me mentioned. I just hit lvl 50 and went to upgrade sids leaded ability, but it is greyed out even though i meat lvl and material requirements. Same with lukes bullseye and old dakas heal. I restarted the game but it didn't help.

Have you tried scrolling down? Those also require some lvl3 ability mats but the UI doesn't make it obvious.

Doh cant believe i didnt see that ty.
  • Options
    exterminus wrote: »
    Sw_Home wrote: »
    If u nerf Barris.
    I want to refund my 49.99 usd.
    :)
    Me too. I've payed for Barris like She is now.
    She is not op. With Count u can block her very well. The balancing is ok.
    U only have to test some taktiks.

Sorry bruh, that's not how this works. Microtransactions are non-refundable.

Refer to the Terms of Service, of which you agreed to when you made your account. See paragraphs 3 & 5 in particular: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc#section5

Handy tip: You can't "opt out" of consumer law.

If I buy a red shirt and it arrives and its blue, the company can't denie me a refund because they write "No refunds" somewhere.

The characters you purchase DO arrive as they were advertised at the time of sale. The company just reserves the right to alter the games content at a latter date, that character included.
    League of legends has been doing exactly that for years and it is the most successful video game in history. Their community NEVER complains either because they value gamelay over currency. Their community is also notorious for being absolutely terrible in every way imaginable; so, anyone trying to justify $5 over balance, imo, makes them the scum of gamers.
  • Options
    Gotta love the F2P community.
    'Ten dollars is a trivial amount of money to spend, quit complaing and get a job'.
    '**** EA! I spent ten dollars, they better not touch my property, I'm entitled! '.
  • Options
    GenghisDon wrote: »
    Nerf dooku and or BO and me and my wallet quit. People spent money to get these because they are great toons.

AGREED....purchased as offered....deal done....

reducing whatever now, cause the whiner faction just cries loud enough, is like stealing our purchased value after purchase.....

would be like selling someone 100 gallons of fuel with a discount for roundabout 100 gallons...and after purchase say, "sry, have to pump off some gallons again, others think you had an unfair advantage"

it's as always and everywhere...a major percentage of those not having something and can't live with that, prefer to focus on complains and time wasting cries...instead of working on an effective strategy to counter these chars...

Know what? I have both...and can tell you, for once, be happy NOT to have Dooku...he's a pain in the a** to promote, due to most crappy shard drop rate of all....50 Luminara shards from Galactic War, 3 days....30 Dooku shards from drops, expect 2-3 weeks...other normal chars outlevel purchased Dooku, due to buggy, or very evil intended drop rate....
    THAT would be worth an issue...not Dooku is too IMBA...

And second, I mostly play without Dooku now anyway....got a droid fight team,. HK47, IG88, IG86, Talia/Daka, Poogle/Sidious....get them, and and see what they do with a Dooku + Baris team....
    Dooku mostly is an instant kill, if IG86 hits with his critical team assist shot sniper, followed by a hit from HK47 or IG88....oh wait, that makes Droid damage IMBA.....maybe droids should be nerved next... LOL

No, they are one of many tactics, also Baris is no match....HK's grenade blocks Baris heal, then brute force damage takes her down in no time....

And there are other counter tactics for Dooku/Baris...dont't have the char, but one of these Hoth Troppers has a very brutal high damage sniper shot....useful against both...
    And there is a char, firing 3 pistol shots in one attack, each round...name not clear...also very good damage....but dont use on high health Dooku....if he survives, he also counterattacks 3 times ;)

Is this your first F2P game? Every single F2P adjusts purchasable character's stats after release and they should. Asking them not to is asking for a game that doesn't receive updates or address bugs. If they 'are not allowed' to alter a character sold in exchange for money, then they would have to alter every other character that isn't to compensate game balance; which, requires much more labor on EA's part, which costs much more money, which in turn would drive up the price for character purchases, and in the end will result in people like you paying tenfold of what you're currently spending to play this game.
    News flash: EA reserves the right to update their game/property. Consumers like you spent money on characters with certain stats and features, and you received exactly what you paid for; in fact, I'm positive you agreed to the terms and conditions that allows EA to adjust the content that you are allowed to access, not own.
  • Options
    Barriss Offee and Count Dooku definitely need to taste the nurf bat. Dooku just needs his counter attacks to not proc his bonus attacks. If it didn't proc on AOE, that would be even better. The idea that he can hit 3 times in a row whenever he's attacked is ridiculous, and the argument that it's balanced because he's somewhat squishy is completely null. He flat out can not be delt with until you're in the upper 30's. My favorite thing about him is that his counter attacks can proc ability block and stun, even though they're removed once his attack is over. Nice QA job, that.

And to the Pay2Win'ers saying that Barriss is balanced, I'd just point out how the leaderboard is almost entirely built out of teams with Barriss as the lead. You could say that it's just a reflection of them all having bought the $50 pack, but that still wouldn't explain the lack of representation of the other characters in that pack.

Also, I just experienced the Galactic war bug. I've got a team of 45's, gear level mostly 6's with a 5 and a 7. In my 3rd match up, I got matched to a team of 50's, one of which a consular with a level 7 gear level, including an Asajj, Ben, Talia, and a Mace Windu.
  • Options
    Nz420 wrote: »
    The count was op as ****. Every time I hit him he would counter then get a normal attack with a bonus attack building his turn meter for another attack followed by another bonus. 5 attacks for every one that hit him

then you failed in exploiting his weakness, while let him exploit yours...if he could do 5 attacks, while you could hit him once...then it was aczually 2 Dooku Turns and one Counterattack/Riposte...

When facing Dooku, I suggest to use 1) brute force / high damage attacks, 2) attackers which can debuff or better, stun him, 3) fast characters so you can keep up with his bonus time for successful attacks...

Like mentioned earlier...try the droid combo....HK47, IG88, IG86...and 2 chars of your liking, heal might be useful, and or additional support....Poogle the lesser is good with Droids, makes them faster....or Sidious for even more crit rate....

Face Dooku with such a team, and he eats dirt before he can say "****"??? ^^

• Tera_Nightwalker
    23 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @MachiiNe:
    MachiiNe wrote: »

Is this your first F2P game? Every single F2P adjusts purchasable character's stats after release and they should. Asking them not to is asking for a game that doesn't receive updates or address bugs. If they 'are not allowed' to alter a character sold in exchange for money, then they would have to alter every other character that isn't to compensate game balance; which, requires much more labor on EA's part, which costs much more money, which in turn would drive up the price for character purchases, and in the end will result in people like you paying tenfold of what you're currently spending to play this game.
    News flash: EA reserves the right to update their game/property. Consumers like you spent money on characters with certain stats and features, and you received exactly what you paid for; in fact, I'm positive you agreed to the terms and conditions that allows EA to adjust the content that you are allowed to access, not own.

stop trying to lecture me...bet I'm in gaming scene for way longer...actually working in game development business - have been developer myself, once was a concept designer, managed a customer support - now beeing quality assurance manager for a game developer company..

Just cause majority of companies reduces stats after purchase, doesn't make it right...
    and off course there can be updates, patches, bugfixes without crippling premium char stats...
    there are better ways to handle crybabies complains about other chars beeing too weak...like making other chars stronger...it's some more work, but the better solution, used at least by some companies...
    and making other chars stronger is not even needed here...ok, maybe some could use a minor upgrade...but majority of players needs to learn and master the game mechanics...
    when looking around for an allied char to borrow, I see a vast majority of chars around my lvl, f.e. a Luminara lvl 48, with power around 1600...my is at 2889....or a HK47, lvl 47, around 1800 power...my droid has 3039...
    sadly those with lack of experience, mostly are the loudest here crying for a nerv of whatever they find too strong...I say, the reason why others are too strong is, they are too weak...

No char is IMBA or OP here, no nerv is needed...just "much to learn, the complain crowd has"...

and now, skip it please, I stated my opinion, accept it, ignore it or state your own, but don't try again making me look like a fool by pretending to be an expert when you are not...

Post edited by Tera_Nightwalker on
  • Options

And to the Pay2Win'ers saying that Barriss is balanced, I'd just point out how the leaderboard is almost entirely built out of teams with Barriss as the lead. You could say that it's just a reflection of them all having bought the $50 pack, but that still wouldn't explain the lack of representation of the other characters in that pack.

You're level 45. Your leaderboard is full of Barriss because she's probably the strongest healer character most people have at that stage having bought the pack.

Yes, she's very strong at that level, but only because at that stage no one's unlocked enough characters to learn how to counter her. What you're asking now is for the game devs to balance the game around low level play solely based on a single character.

And no, I haven't paid for Barriss at all so your argument that I'm only defending her because I'm P2W is irrelevant.

I'm level 60, and I just checked my leaderboard. There's 18 Barriss leaders in the top 100. The rest are all mainly Sidious and Luminara.

• Options
    I am having targeting issues in battles.. also it frozes for a couple of seconds in the middle of a battle
    Is there going to be a fix soon ?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Smh @ everyone who thinks dooku is OP i have minimal things to say to that........
    1) get him then an stop crying but if u opt out of having him then your not vested so shut up about it since its not your concern lol
    2) he is as squishy as a sponge floating in water. Kill him rather then just crying about him
    3) ppl invested in him (deal done, its stealing for them to change the product ppl paid real $ for) besides, even if he were OP, thats the entire point of spending $. Its to give u an advatage. So if anything, they need to buff him in some way to make him useable since ppl paid for him hahaha. He's not OP anyway (not even close to it)
  • Options
    I noticed today, when collecting my Squad Arena rewards from the Daily activities for completing all the dailies I think it was, I noticed I didn't get them. Can't really re-test it today, but may be something to check next time.
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Options
    There is some unbelievable amount of whining here..

For the record, I am f2p (sorry EA - too broke at the moment). Neither Dooku or Barriss are OP. Dooku was bugged - and has been fixed, great work. Light side 4L was also not a problem for me - people are just being impatient or incompetent. Balance overall has been pretty awesome since the aoe nerf. Keep it up guys, don't let the angry 5 year olds interfere with priorities like bug fixes and content development, please.
  • Options
    Slushie wrote: »

You're level 45. Your leaderboard is full of Barriss because she's probably the strongest healer character most people have at that stage having bought the pack.

Yes, she's very strong at that level, but only because at that stage no one's unlocked enough characters to learn how to counter her. What you're asking now is for the game devs to balance the game around low level play solely based on a single character.

And no, I haven't paid for Barriss at all so your argument that I'm only defending her because I'm P2W is irrelevant.

I'm level 60, and I just checked my leaderboard. There's 18 Barriss leaders in the top 100. The rest are all mainly Sidious and Luminara.

Attention should be paid across all levels. There are paying customers at all levels, as evidenced by the sea of Barriss's I see. I get that paid characters are going to be better than others, but a hard cap unless I pay (paid) $50 is a little obscene, in my opinion.

Anyways, to 'fix' her, they could just change her scaling. That way, they don't have to rework the whole game around giant changes they made, but can still get closer to a more balanced experience.
    Abyss wrote: »
    Smh @ everyone who thinks dooku is OP i have minimal things to say to that........
    1) get him then an stop crying but if u opt out of having him then your not vested so shut up about it since its not your concern lol
    2) he is as squishy as a sponge floating in water. Kill him rather then just crying about him
    3) ppl invested in him (deal done, its stealing for them to change the product ppl paid real $ for) besides, even if he were OP, thats the entire point of spending $. Its to give u an advatage. So if anything, they need to buff him in some way to make him useable since ppl paid for him hahaha. He's not OP anyway (not even close to it)

1)"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" is an argument for ill balance, not against it. There should be lots of ways of doing things effectively, not just one cookie cutter build that beats everything else all the time. That's not a game, it's a slot machine.

2)His counter attacks proc his counter attack, and he can get speed from it. With a good tank and/or healer, he becomes very stupid, and focusfire becomes impossible.

3)I love this argument so much. There aren't many games I spend money on, and I don't support games that are just naked cash grabs. Nor do I ever think that I am entitled to having OP stuff just because I paid money.

Literally every point you raised supports the assertion that Dooku is at least somewhat unbalanced. Good job.
    There is some unbelievable amount of whining here..

For the record, I am f2p (sorry EA - too broke at the moment). Neither Dooku or Barriss are OP. Dooku was bugged - and has been fixed, great work. Light side 4L was also not a problem for me - people are just being impatient or incompetent. Balance overall has been pretty awesome since the aoe nerf. Keep it up guys, don't let the angry 5 year olds interfere with priorities like bug fixes and content development, please.

Talia still uses her heal on herself in AI, so all the stuff in the OP is still to be addressed. Dooku's going to taste a nerf. His multiple counter attacks dovetail a bit too well with his passive, imo. If they just made his counter attack not proc the bonus attack, and not proc on aoe's, he'd be fine.
  • Options
    Dooku can be quite frustrating. I'm level 47 and I face him on every team in gw. He is faster than all my characters So hè always goes first and most of the times hè gets a stun on One of my attackers. If I retreat he gets another turn for free. And when I do get to attack him there is the possibility hè strikes back 4 times with his counter. Ah well maybe when I progress hè gets easier.
  • Options
    All this arguing makes no sense :p
    Dooku: im a huge star wars fan like probably many others, but wasn't he supposed to be fast? Lorewise?
    Also he is so easy to counter if you 1 dont use aoe 2 dont attack him till one of the last chars or 3 nuke him down fast and accept the hits.
    At higher levels he hits for 700 per hit where other toons hit for 1400 or more. I don't see the problem since it's less reliable to get a bonus hit then score a normal 1400 hit on 9ther toons (im 52 atm).
    He counter attacks but so do others like fives, koth, cad bane but we dont see them much cuz people dont have all chars yet perhaps? If you want to nerf, do it for lower levels. I can understand he is perhaps too hard there but he scales perfectly and is in no sense a reason to nerf overall.

Bariss on the otherhand might need a small nerf (i also bought the pack and trying to be objective). The heal is a lot and her leader ability makes it worth picking her over others (tho if i get sid i will defo make him leader).

Im fairly new to the game cause i dropped in when i saw it on starwars.com. Playing a week now and enjoying it a lot despite its flaws and bugs. I believe this game came out in august? So for new players it seems like we didnt get all chars unlocked yet so isnt it hard to decide to nerf based on the current active roster of characters players have?
    Also in games like dota/league and hearthstone they scream nerf always and especially after a new update.
    Its mainly because people have no idea how to work around it. In this case I have too little experience since i havent played that long yet. First few days i thought bariss and dooku were OP, 1week in and I see a leia hit 3x in a row with more dmg than a dooku will ever do. What im saying is do all of you have enough characters to compare it to? I have bariss, asoka, mace, luminara, assaj, dooku and some non heroes. Ofcourse i choose bariss as leader. If i have 50% of current roster would i still pick bariss or make her leader? Probably not.

Sorry for the long post.

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Edit to self: hearthstone is Heroes of the storm
  • Options
    Also its called a meta which other games also have. Just because people copy eachother or use their current strongest chars, doesnt mean they are the strongest. After you unlocked more chars and decide bariss is not top 5, what will be next toon to nerf?

I guarentee 1 thing, when yoda comes out.. watch the forum go mad about nerfing him the first day.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been discussed but I notice that against the Commando Droid Diplomat Eeth Koths anti droid abilities don't apply, and it doesn't say resistance or anything. Also Ima Gun Di doesn't do plus 100% damage against them either.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    All this arguing makes no sense :p
    Dooku: im a huge star wars fan like probably many others, but wasn't he supposed to be fast? Lorewise?
    Also he is so easy to counter if you 1 dont use aoe 2 dont attack him till one of the last chars or 3 nuke him down fast and accept the hits.
    At higher levels he hits for 700 per hit where other toons hit for 1400 or more. I don't see the problem since it's less reliable to get a bonus hit then score a normal 1400 hit on 9ther toons (im 52 atm).
    He counter attacks but so do others like fives, koth, cad bane but we dont see them much cuz people dont have all chars yet perhaps? If you want to nerf, do it for lower levels. I can understand he is perhaps too hard there but he scales perfectly and is in no sense a reason to nerf overall.

Bariss on the otherhand might need a small nerf (i also bought the pack and trying to be objective). The heal is a lot and her leader ability makes it worth picking her over others (tho if i get sid i will defo make him leader).

exactamente CronozNL :)

Dooku actually needs his speed to be equal to the other medium field DD's...he does several fast hits, instead of harder single punches...which can be a pain in the beginning...but:
    He dies so fast sometimes...my lvl 49 Luminara just single shottet a 48 Dooku with her force Wave, hit gone critical for 5778...hasta luego, Dooku ;)

Would disagree on your opinion with Baris....I don't think she needs a nerf, actually her heal is weaker than from f.e. Luminara...she heals 40% instant +10% next round of her own HP, to self and all other....Jedi Consular heals 30% of his own HP to self and all others....

Baris is at 25%, but of targets HP...so, she always heals 25% of all chars...i.e., the other healers can do more good if full team is badly damaged...beacuse a quarter from not much, is almost nothing...

what makes Baris so unique and sooo strong, is the minor diffrence, all HP from team is equalized, before her heal applies...

but still that's no reason or need to nerf...just a call for tactic...

normally, healers are first target, cause an enemy who cant heal is done for....Baris can take some and survive very long in battle...but she is vulnerable for stun and skill block attacks...
    If attacking the wrong target first, she might seem OP...if going for the enemys tank first maybe, yes, then Baris will be curse for you...but do it right, and her presence in group is useless...

for all not having and hating Baris:
    try this: stun Baris, first kill highest DD / most dangerous controller / any low HP target first
    and if it works, please be so kind to confirm, Baris can be rendered useless in Battle...

I'd even say, she needs an upgrade... :D
  • Options
    An update to this list or new thread would be helpful @EA_Jesse.

There are many helpful bug reports posted with little feedback.

I wouldn't expect there to be comments made in every thread, although to be fair that would not be difficult.

Considering the importance of reporting bugs to improving and fixing the game, the lack of vigilance on this board is disappointing to say the least.

A board is here for this purpose and EA and CG are fortunate to have players actively posting the bugs that are causing them frustration.

Over time this will go against the game if not regularly updated and moderated, as people that care enough to post will either stop playing out of frustration, or simply not make the effort to post bugs anymore. Either way the game suffers.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    I didn't pay for Barriss but if her heal or health are nerfed a refund should be offered. I can only imagine how mad people would be about that. The only thing I'd do with Dooku is prevent a double counter attack. That feels broken.
  • Faby
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The count was op. Every time I hit him he would counter then get a normal attack with a bonus attack building his turn meter for another attack followed by another bonus. 5 attacks for every one that hit him

Agree , he is to op ....its like fighting against 8 ppl in the arena not 5... he usually hits 3 times in 1 turn , counter , bonus and his turn ( if u lucky to not get another bonus atack after his turn ) + he allways hits first when the mach starts + stun ability ( 1 or 2 chars ) .... he is to OP

And what happen whit imune to heal skill ? They still heal after taking the skill , it`s a chance to not heal or just a bug ?
  • Options
    Faby wrote: »
    The count was op. Every time I hit him he would counter then get a normal attack with a bonus attack building his turn meter for another attack followed by another bonus. 5 attacks for every one that hit him

Agree , he is to op ....its like fighting against 8 ppl in the arena not 5... he usually hits 3 times in 1 turn , counter , bonus and his turn ( if u lucky to not get another bonus atack after his turn ) + he allways hits first when the mach starts + stun ability ( 1 or 2 chars ) .... he is to OP

And what happen whit imune to heal skill ? They still heal after taking the skill , it`s a chance to not heal or just a bug ?

• Options
    Barriss seems to be the only one who ignores the immune heal block might be because her heal also cancels out negative effects.
  • Options
    Faby wrote: »

Please stop calling something OP until you have your roster built up and a good chunk of the toons in the available roster. Dooku is far from the best character in the game - you just need to play more, learn what to counter him with and his weaknesses and then take him out. Many are using TIE Pilot or the resistance pilots that have high damage and just one shot killing him, or damaging him so that he can be killed on a second hit. He's a well balanced character in that he has no AOE and he's pretty squishy. Nerfing Dooku would just be silly as there are many tougher characters to counter than Dooku. I think when you play a game for a few weeks only and then have just a small portion of the roster built and available to use it's ridiculous to assert that anything is OP. How do you really know? If Dooku should be nerfed, what toons should also be nerfed?
  • Ulcus
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Barriss seems to be the only one who ignores the immune heal block might be because her heal also cancels out negative effects.

Barriss heals into two steps.
    First, equals all characters life % , which isn't a heal
    Second, heals a character, which can be blocked
  • Options

exactamente CronozNL :)

Dooku actually needs his speed to be equal to the other medium field DD's...he does several fast hits, instead of harder single punches...which can be a pain in the beginning...but:
    He dies so fast sometimes...my lvl 49 Luminara just single shottet a 48 Dooku with her force Wave, hit gone critical for 5778...hasta luego, Dooku ;)

Would disagree on your opinion with Baris....I don't think she needs a nerf, actually her heal is weaker than from f.e. Luminara...she heals 40% instant +10% next round of her own HP, to self and all other....Jedi Consular heals 30% of his own HP to self and all others....

Baris is at 25%, but of targets HP...so, she always heals 25% of all chars...i.e., the other healers can do more good if full team is badly damaged...beacuse a quarter from not much, is almost nothing...

what makes Baris so unique and sooo strong, is the minor diffrence, all HP from team is equalized, before her heal applies...

but still that's no reason or need to nerf...just a call for tactic...

normally, healers are first target, cause an enemy who cant heal is done for....Baris can take some and survive very long in battle...but she is vulnerable for stun and skill block attacks...
    If attacking the wrong target first, she might seem OP...if going for the enemys tank first maybe, yes, then Baris will be curse for you...but do it right, and her presence in group is useless...

for all not having and hating Baris:
    try this: stun Baris, first kill highest DD / most dangerous controller / any low HP target first
    and if it works, please be so kind to confirm, Baris can be rendered useless in Battle...

I'd even say, she needs an upgrade... :D [/quote]

I agree with everything you said. Maybe but very maybe she and dooku can get a scaling nerf at lower lvl but at 53 i cant wait to replace her with sid and use luminara's heal with talia i.e.
    But ye screaming nerf after so little playtime is ridiculous and it's a shame EA takes it that serious to place it under known issues..
    Even then google play or apple will give refunds ;)
    Clash of clans had this new update where they killed gameplay and made it extremely pay2win. Google play refunded the last 2 months of purchases. The stock holders instantly dropped by 10%.
    EA wouldn't sell a char and nerf it few weeks later cause basicly it would hurt their own economy as of now in clash of clans.

And people try to be nice in replying. All this hate/namecalling stuff gets us or EA nowhere!