Replies

• Options
    How have you guys modded Veers?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ZP2AcTQ.png

Troopers in P4. I can probably do much better in a little bit, almost toppling the tank before it gets a turn.

Speed B)
    Here's my Veers, https://swgoh.gg/u/seventyxseven/collection/general-veers/
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    ZP2AcTQ.png

Troopers in P4. I can probably do much better in a little bit, almost toppling the tank before it gets a turn.

Speed B)

Man I wish I had that 19 speed secondary. My best secondary is 17.
  • Skykraker
    120 posts Member
    Options
    ZP2AcTQ.png

Speed B)

Aero, did u get to enrage?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Skykraker wrote: »
    ZP2AcTQ.png

Speed B)

Yes, and easily so. If enrage wasn't a thing then these guys could solo. They recover 50% protection every topple.
  • Options
    ZP2AcTQ.png

Speed B)

Yes, and easily so. If enrage wasn't a thing then these guys could solo. They recover 50% protection every topple.

So how do they gain 50% protection? Is that with a zeta on Veers? What's the strategy here? I have most of those toons ready to roll. I'm one raid away from a 7* Kenobi if I could get that type of damage from that squad in P4.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ZP2AcTQ.png

Speed B)

So how do they gain 50% protection? Is that with a zeta on Veers? What's the strategy here? I have most of those toons ready to roll. I'm one raid away from a 7* Kenobi if I could get that type of damage from that squad in P4.

Veers zeta they recover 10% protection every time an enemy is defeated. Every topple you are defeating 2 B2s and 3 side turrets, thus 50% protection regen.
  • Options
    What's your kill order? B2's first?
  • Options
    ZP2AcTQ.png

Speed B)

Veers zeta they recover 10% protection every time an enemy is defeated. Every topple you are defeating 2 B2s and 3 side turrets, thus 50% protection regen.

I'll have a zeta to drop on him as soon as tomorrow. Not sure when Tarkin rework goes live, but was going to save it. If Tarkins not for a couple weeks Veers gets it for sure.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm just going to crank all their damage through the roof next time I have a chance to use them in P4...

There's literally no chance of losing anyone before enrage (if played intelligently) so just push the damage as high as you can and let the rest of the stats fall by the wayside...
  • Options
    Very surprised at the amount of damage by Magma. Might actually be able to surprise my guild with a number 1 finish in HAAT.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Very surprised at the amount of damage by Magma. Might actually be able to surprise my guild with a number 1 finish in HAAT.

Yeah Magma really got a nice damage boost with the reworks...

He's pretty nasty now with that aoe and double tap on his basic...
    He's really solid under Zader for stripping TM early in fights and giving your team first turn advantage
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guWGKjtlMLE&feature=youtu.be

Decided to upload this despite being 600k short of my personal best. As you can see, the issue is that they are exiting the topple phase with close to 0% turn meter. However, Veers is exiting with a high amount, so if I can get them all to a similar speed as Veers (he's at 246 speed including the leadership) then they can easily topple the tank before it takes a turn again and thus get significantly more damage.
  • Options
    Congrats on becoming a mod @Aero
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guWGKjtlMLE&feature=youtu.be

Decided to upload this despite being 600k short of my personal best. As you can see, the issue is that they are exiting the topple phase with close to 0% turn meter. However, Veers is exiting with a high amount, so if I can get them all to a similar speed as Veers (he's at 246 speed including the leadership) then they can easily topple the tank before it takes a turn again and thus get significantly more damage.

This is awesome.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @TheDarthKnight

And I have a question for anyone who watched the video, do you think I could get just as many topples in if I left the B2s to be killed during the topple phase, thus providing more turn meter during the damage phase?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @TheDarthKnight

And I have a question for anyone who watched the video, do you think I could get just as many topples in if I left the B2s to be killed during the topple phase, thus providing more turn meter during the damage phase?

That's an interesting idea...
  • Options
    Please someone convince me that Tarkin rework is good. I am so frustrated after this whole pass.
  • Options
    Please someone convince me that Tarkin rework is good. I am so frustrated after this whole pass.

And convince me that there has been an Empire faction pass, because I couldn't see it through all the rebels we are getting while being in it...
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options

It would have been good before GK and the triple cleanse team became a thing.

So frustrating.
  • Options
    Well the trooper faction pass, while fun, was completely lackluster and offered the empire no answer for chaze AND was overshadowed by R2. Now Tarkin rework looks lackluster as well, and being overshadowed by another rebel in Ahsoka. So instead of having an OP legitimate, Chaze owners will avoid us in arena type scenario, we get Chaze+Ahsoka.

I know the Devs read this thread. Thanks guys! We really enjoy being second fiddle, ALL THE TIME.

Two Faux empire passes and 2 more top arena rebels. **** on a stick.
  • Options
    Oh I am sure we will soon see a thread in which devs will be congratulated for the wonderful job they did during this pass and with this release. You can thank them there. I sure plan to.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Very lackluster. I was hoping for a second debuffer similar to DT or a cleanser. Instead we get more potency. This rework still can't compete with Zaul and triple cleanse teams.

Also, anyone notice how DT and krennic were in the shard shop for only 2 weeks while the Sith have been there for nearly a month?

Being a 100% Empire supporter, I'm very disappointed.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Darth Maul zeta lead addition: Sith allies gain Stealth for 1 turn on Evade, can't be Critically Hit while Stealthed, gain Advantage for 2 turns whenever Stealth expires, and gain all "on Evade" bonuses at the start of each encounter

Tarkin zeta lead addition: Enemies are exposed when they fall below 100% health.

Even if you look at other zeta leaders like QGJ or less viable ones Phasma, this odd pretty pathetic. The Veers+Trooper rework wasn't very great but it was at least decent. I don't mean to jump to conclusions, but Tarkin rework looks extremely disappointing.

Just a reminder, while it is ok to be disappointed, try to also be respectful. I'm anticipating a lot of angry Empire fans, let's just not get carried away and try to be constructive with our feedback.
  • Options
    I also have noticed the month of Sith in Shard Shop, and that Krennic got no time. I have krennic geared, and I can tell you I don't see him ruling arena, so why so hard to get him starred?

It's really hard to be constructive at this point when the repeatedly beat us like rented mules. We have given them so much decent feedback, and they keep sticking it to us.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    I was sitting on a zeta (my first one) , I really hoped to put it on Tarkin, got disappointed-as usual, now I'm going with Zader. Do you think Zader can still compete in top arena?
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    very disappointed in the empire pass. At least I have my answer, not taking Tarkin to g11, not giving him zeta. moving on.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    Options
    I still use zader as leader in arena and have been playing since December of 2015. I finish top 5 every day and sometimes no. 1. There are only 3 zader leads in the top 50. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I refuse to give in to the rex and zaul lead as they seem so boring. My team is Vader, sid, boba, shore, and DT with zetas on sid, boba and vader. Sometimes I use tfp in place of boba. To answer your question, yes it is possible, but you need a few complementary pieces around him.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    I still use zader as leader in arena and have been playing since December of 2015. I finish top 5 every day and sometimes no. 1. There are only 3 zader leads in the top 50. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I refuse to give in to the rex and zaul lead as they seem so boring. My team is Vader, sid, boba, shore, and DT with zetas on sid, boba and vader. Sometimes I use tfp in place of boba. To answer your question, yes it is possible, but you need a few complementary pieces around him.

Thanks for your reply, I'll zeta him and see what team will work around him. Do you think Sid, not zeta' d yet, will be a better option in place of ep?
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    The problem that I think the game has right now (it affects my Bounty Hunters too) is that CG has made the cleansing too strong. There are now 3 major cleansers (GK, Chirrut, and Rex) that are heavily used, and now add R2 into the mix, who with a zeta cleanses every light side character as they attack. There is no hope for any team that needs debuffs for anything. That includes empire and BH. Unless they release some dark side characters that cause debuffs to be uncleansable (like Vader did for his dots), then anything debuff related is basically worthless. Unfortunately, the Tarkin rework falls into that category.

The cleansing is waaaaay to strong right now, especially when the main team used in arena has 3 group cleansers on it, and oftentimes a 4th cleanser.