• Options
    Chewie's should be free...

labq0ah.jpg
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Wax4brains wrote: »
    Should cost 10 15 20 25 according to strength of zeta

Strength of zeta according to whom?

The devs of course. They know that some zetas are not as good as others.

• Options

lol just stop

• WreakerOfClash
    269 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Dude, just stop talking, you obviously don't understand how the game works.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Options

Meet me outside how a bout that
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dude, just stop talking, you obviously don't understand how the forums work.

"ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

They do it for omegas. Some are 3 and some are 5. Why is it so outlandish that they might for zetas?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

They do it for omegas. Some are 3 and some are 5. Why is it so outlandish that they might for zetas?

Lead are 3 and skills are 5 omegas. So they could increase skills to 32 to make this consistent with Omega, is that what your are saying?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options

It could happen, there are still a bunch of level 7 abilities
  • Options
    Why do all toons cost the same when some are ridiculously more powered than others? That's just how the game works. I would've found the game much more interesting if the unnamed rubbish toons were easy to unlock and actual decent people you had to really grind for, but no, every toon's worth the same (yes I know some people are harder to farm, but the amount of shards, credits and training droids needed to max out Gen Kenobi are the same as CUP). Zetas are no different
  • Options

CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Why do all toons cost the same when some are ridiculously more powered than others? That's just how the game works. I would've found the game much more interesting if the unnamed rubbish toons were easy to unlock and actual decent people you had to really grind for, but no, every toon's worth the same (yes I know some people are harder to farm, but the amount of shards, credits and training droids needed to max out Gen Kenobi are the same as CUP). Zetas are no different

All toons do not cost the same. GK unlocks at 5 stars not 2, 3, or 4.

Ad hominems are not welcome on this post.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Lead are 3 and skills are 5 omegas. So they could increase skills to 32 to make this consistent with Omega, is that what your are saying?

Not really saying it should or should not happen or how it might be implemented. Just wondering why this idea would warrant a reply of:

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options

All toons do not cost the same. GK unlocks at 5 stars not 2, 3, or 4.

Ad hominems are not welcome on this post.

But all take 330 shards start to finish, regardless of where they unlock.
  • Options

Regardless of how anyone feels about the initial question, no one should be claiming that all toons cost the same. GEAR is the important part of improving a character and toons certainly do not all cost the same in that regard. Just check out gear needed for different characters on swgoh.gg and you'll quickly see they absolutely do not all cost the same.
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Leader Zetas require 10 Omega mats, Unique require 13 Omega Mats, Special Ability Zetas require 16 Omega mats. So yes, Chewie's Zeta is actually one of the more expensive Zetas in the game, yet by far one of the worst.

There are definitely some zeta abilities that don't deserve the 20 zeta materials cost.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be better if they just uped the drop rate from the challenge and reduced the cost in fleet store?

And yes some are better but do you recall when Kylo was barely useful and now he solos p1 HAAT?

At least you can't buy your way to a zeta....
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

Coffee exploded out of my nose. LOL
  • Options
    OP makes me laugh, lol.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Leader Zetas require 10 Omega mats, Unique require 13 Omega Mats, Special Ability Zetas require 16 Omega mats. So yes, Chewie's Zeta is actually one of the more expensive Zetas in the game, yet by far one of the worst.

There are definitely some zeta abilities that don't deserve the 20 zeta materials cost.

I agree. The only issue I can see is that people will then simply presume that a Zeta is weaker if it costs fewer Zeta - but depending on team make up and synergy, that might not always be the case.

For example, Ventress' leader zeta seems fairly weak - but if you replace Acolyte in an all NS team with a super fast Palp (again, just an example) and he opens with "Let The Hate Flow" and all the NS suddenly have a 50% bump in TM and offense up to go along with the speed boost from Ventress. This would be even more valuable if there were more NS - some that had an AoE (then Ventress would function almost like a NS version of Zader.)

I do think it might add a degree of "strategy" (or at least thought) about zetas to have them require differing amounts depending on their overall use.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    You sir, is high on drugs.
  • Options
    I nearly sneezed my coffee out of my nose. @Wax4brains you really HAVE wax for brains. Lol are you high on weed or are you just plain drunk? Some zeta upgrades costing less? Look at ALL other ability upgrades. They require the same number of purple/omega mats.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Some zeta upgrades costing less? Look at ALL other ability upgrades. They require the same number of purple/omega mats.
    Just for the record, your Omega comment is incorrect. Not only to differing abilities require different number of Omegas (i.e. leader abilities take 3, other abilities take 5) - but as Vertigo already pointed out, different Zetas ability upgrades also use different numbers of Omega mats as well. Perhaps read and understand before instantly going all ad hominum on someone.

Aside from personal attacks at the OP, would anyone who has an opposing view actually like to offer any actual game related reasons why differing zeta costs would be a bad idea? Especially considering that many characters have different gear costs, different Omega costs, etc.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    IMO that would be nice to see a cost difference between the zeta abilities, but there is a problem with that. For example the reason the devs implimented that zeta into the game may have a strict purpose, or a limited reach that it can apply to. However, as the community tests stuff out and theory crafts that zeta can be found useful for something else and then increase its value. Perfect example is kylo. When the devs released his zeta I bet they weren't thinking " oh man, this dude is gonna be great to solo phase 1!!
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    Options
    For whatever reason the second half of my comment disappeared....
  • Options
    Wow, folks railing against the OP need to go walk outside.

So immature...
  • Options
    I think a good start would be to give units omega abilities before they get zetas. Those weaker zeta abilities could be omegas in some cases.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Wax4brains
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Children ruined the forums for me so I'm done on this site. Have fun playing this game and don't insult others for their ideas.