Holding rank without Kenobi

Replies

• Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    VanKings22 wrote: »
    My awesome arena shardmates in Thunderdome are great for helping each other so we dont knock each other back but also keeping "outsiders" trying to sneak in top 10 and knocking one of us out too, knowing each others payout is a huge help.

"Keeping outsiders trying to sneak in top 10?"

Is top 10 yours to hold?Or your guild's?

You sound like a bully in an elementary school..You guys (and many others in many shards) are the worst kind of thing in this game and games in general..

LOL, chill man! It's just a game and it's a competitive game that allows you to help and be helped by your shardmates, if you have them in a discord chat or something, it has nothing to do with bullying at school, that's some serious stuff man...

Also, i bet you don't talk to your shardmates and help yourself, otherwise you wouldn't be such a hater... It's part of the game, and untill it changes (which i think it's unlikely), it will remain as it is.

Not attacking for different payout times is one thing. Knocking someone else out just because they aren't in your clique is bush league.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    My awesome arena shardmates in Thunderdome are great for helping each other so we dont knock each other back but also keeping "outsiders" trying to sneak in top 10 and knocking one of us out too, knowing each others payout is a huge help.

You sound like a bully in an elementary school..You guys (and many others in many shards) are the worst kind of thing in this game and games in general..

Crystals = $$$ that don't need to be spent. If I place #1 Every day, instead of 6-10, that's a net of 250 daily crystals, or $60 worth of crystals per month. Meanwhile, you're starving your competitors of crystals which slows them down.

Since anyone can beat anyone nowadays, the real meta is who has the better shard alliance. We keep the top 5 on lockdown ourselves, and do our best to make our enemies burn as many crystals as possible, and still get nowhere.

If you consider another player an enemy then you need to step outside and grab some air. That kind if mentality is a cancer on gaming.
  • Options

+1
  • Options

I disagree. Me and the people on my shard always target newbies that enter the top 10 and 20. Why you might ask? Because we have held the ranks for a very long time now..and for newbies to enter..thinking they are even worthy to place at the top ranks..sorry but you ARE NOT worthy. Unless you can prove yourself that you belong there..you get dropped, soon as you enter. This is our territory! We live here and you all are just a visiting, strolling through the neighborhood. You can enjoy the veiw, but thats all you gonna enjoy. The top ranks are the most competitive and thats why the OP keeps getting knocked back. He is freshmeat..and his shard mates are gonna continue to devour him.

You say people like us are the worst kind of things with this game and games in general...but me and my people payed money, spent time and labored day after day to progress our rosters and to remain at the top of the food chain.

In our eyes you all are the worst things about this game and games in general. You all complain when you cant beat something. You all cry nerf when you cant beat something. And you all feel yourselves entitled because you finally reach the top 10 then cry about how you get dropped back because somehow you all think you are all worthy and entitled to even belong there.

Have a nice day.

What are you talking about? Is the top yours by right? Why do you think you're entitled to it? And before you say anything, I chat with my shard mates, we don't bother each other during our payouts so we don't waste attacks. But we do NOT target "new" people or people we don't know. If someone new comes and fights with me during my payout, it will be a fair fight, I won't be asking people to drop him away.

To the OP, sorry your thread took this weird turn

+1
  • Options
    Ultrasupermega mods!!! Hehe i like that
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Bullying? LOL no that is teamwork by a many different guilds in a shard chat that the other chose not to join so yeah he will keep them out and work together and spend as few crystals all possible to not fuel the money grab machine that is EA, if they chose to get in the chat they would be doing the same and spending less, we have all tried contacting them to get them in and shot own so yeah we will run the top 10 and spend less doing it.

So if an individual player doesn't want to play the game the way you guys think/decided it should be played, that player can't enter the top10 without being targetted by multiple players working together? meanwhile you guys are padding eachother on the back because you're working so well together fighting the money grabbing machine.
    but hey, atleast you tried contacting them and giving them a choice; conform are face the consequences. Yea, you guys really are good samaritans ;)

This is exactly how my shard is run and it's an issue... I take no issue with random ppl working together via a third party app... when anyone is welcome. But group targeting of single players because they are not part of the chat or group is ridiculous. Even more so when ppl are intentionally excluded. There are a variety of reasons ppl why ppl may not be open to shard chat option. This type of entitled elitism is the real problem.

To the OP, you're just gonna have to plan on regaining ranks each day & not falling too far back. That's typical these days. Either way, best of luck.
  • Options
    Considering all teams in the top 20 have the same exact characters the only thing you can do is make sure yours are faster than everyone else's. And the way to do that is just get lucky with mods
  • Options

I disagree. Me and the people on my shard always target newbies that enter the top 10 and 20. Why you might ask? Because we have held the ranks for a very long time now..and for newbies to enter..thinking they are even worthy to place at the top ranks..sorry but you ARE NOT worthy. Unless you can prove yourself that you belong there..you get dropped, soon as you enter. This is our territory! We live here and you all are just a visiting, strolling through the neighborhood. You can enjoy the veiw, but thats all you gonna enjoy. The top ranks are the most competitive and thats why the OP keeps getting knocked back. He is freshmeat..and his shard mates are gonna continue to devour him.

You say people like us are the worst kind of things with this game and games in general...but me and my people payed money, spent time and labored day after day to progress our rosters and to remain at the top of the food chain.

In our eyes you all are the worst things about this game and games in general. You all complain when you cant beat something. You all cry nerf when you cant beat something. And you all feel yourselves entitled because you finally reach the top 10 then cry about how you get dropped back because somehow you all think you are all worthy and entitled to even belong there.

Have a nice day.

What are you talking about? Is the top yours by right? Why do you think you're entitled to it? And before you say anything, I chat with my shard mates, we don't bother each other during our payouts so we don't waste attacks. But we do NOT target "new" people or people we don't know. If someone new comes and fights with me during my payout, it will be a fair fight, I won't be asking people to drop him away.

Yes...i am entitled to it! More entitled to it than any new scrub!

Yeah the top is mine by right!! I own that spot. As do others from my shard that have been playing religously everyday. We been fighting months and months taking what's ours. New blood doesnt belong and they get beat down real quick. New blood wants to get rank 21...fine...cause thats as low as they gonna get. The top 20 belongs to us and only us. There isnt any room to let scrubs in. Wanna go to war? Go find 19 others on the shard and come get some! The top 20 on my shard has been tagged and claimed and we aint letting nobody come in and get comfortable. We live their..everyone else is just visiting. The other 19 people on my server are just like me..pure savage and ruthless.

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options

Have a nice day.

man you sound like a super fun person to hangout with in real life. D-bag.
  • Options

Have a nice day.

Yeah the top is mine by right!! I own that spot. As do others from my shard that have been playing religously everyday. We been fighting months and months taking what's ours. New blood doesnt belong and they get beat down real quick. New blood wants to get rank 21...fine...cause thats as low as they gonna get. The top 20 belongs to us and only us. There isnt any room to let scrubs in. Wanna go to war? Go find 19 others on the shard and come get some! The top 20 on my shard has been tagged and claimed and we aint letting nobody come in and get comfortable. We live their..everyone else is just visiting. The other 19 people on my server are just like me..pure savage and ruthless.

But what happens if your mommies cut off your allowance?
  • Options

Have a nice day.

This is almost comical. This guy.... calls someone a "scrub" all over a mobile game. You may want to take a hard look in the mirror and do some thinking. You are on a forum for a mobile game proclaiming your "rights". Lol. Keep telling yourself you are "pure savage and ruthless". I bet you are just as savage and ruthless in person as you are in your mobile gaming life.

To the OP and all others who have a smidge of common sense...im truly sorry there are **** like this in this community.
  • Options
    THE_OP wrote: »
    The thing is though there is not alot of turn around in my top ten. Always the same people and I can easily beat their teams so why don't they drop? Is it really that they must play all day to stay up there?

Thanks for all the replies

Try checking your top ten/twenty half a day offset from your payout and you may be surprised. There are groups that collude to keep the top payouts to themselves, but more likely is that the people you always see are people who have payouts in the couple hours before yours and the only reason you don't see them further down is that they do their payout push right before you do all your looking.
  • Options

Have a nice day.

I actually feel sorry for you mate..

Honestly.

Yes very sad
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Have a nice day.

This is almost comical. This guy.... calls someone a "scrub" all over a mobile game. You may want to take a hard look in the mirror and do some thinking. You are on a forum for a mobile game proclaiming your "rights". Lol. Keep telling yourself you are "pure savage and ruthless". I bet you are just as savage and ruthless in person as you are in your mobile gaming life.

To the OP and all others who have a smidge of common sense...im truly sorry there are **** like this in this community.

+1. This guy is so proud of himself that it becomes dramatically comic ... Wonderful way of thinking.
  • Options
    Kane13 wrote: »

Have a nice day.

man you sound like a super fun person to hangout with in real life. D-bag.

Hahaha +1
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »

Have a nice day.

+1000

"Bullying," that's some soft millennial entitlement drivel for sure. This is mobile gaming, not a college campus with quiet rooms.

Lol. You say mobile gaming like it's

Have a nice day.

This guy here...ROFL.
  • Keszey
    68 posts Member
    Options

This^

• Keszey
    68 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Have a nice day.

"Well then you are lost!"
    Post edited by Keszey on
  • Keszey
    68 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Bullying? LOL no that is teamwork by a many different guilds in a shard chat that the other chose not to join so yeah he will keep them out and work together and spend as few crystals all possible to not fuel the money grab machine that is EA, if they chose to get in the chat they would be doing the same and spending less, we have all tried contacting them to get them in and shot own so yeah we will run the top 10 and spend less doing it.

So if an individual player doesn't want to play the game the way you guys think/decided it should be played, that player can't enter the top10 without being targetted by multiple players working together? meanwhile you guys are padding eachother on the back because you're working so well together fighting the money grabbing machine.
    but hey, atleast you tried contacting them and giving them a choice; conform are face the consequences. Yea, you guys really are good samaritans ;)
    Nope not at all, what I'm saying is we watch each others back like a team and if someone is going to snipe one of our guys at payout that player is going to get pushed back. Want to get first after our payout? Hey go for it, its not bullying thats working as a team, if someone somehow gets in first and holds it good for them but usually doesnt happen.

You are supposed to be competing against one another, that's what an arena is. Not monopolize the top 10-20 or whatever. Nothing makes you more entitled to those spots than anyone else on your shard. I've been playing this game since soft launch so following your logic the top 20 should bow before me and leave me in rank 1.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Have a nice day.

When someone from your arena finds the chat, you don't accept them?
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »

LOL, chill man! It's just a game and it's a competitive game that allows you to help and be helped by your shardmates, if you have them in a discord chat or something, it has nothing to do with bullying at school, that's some serious stuff man...

Also, i bet you don't talk to your shardmates and help yourself, otherwise you wouldn't be such a hater... It's part of the game, and untill it changes (which i think it's unlikely), it will remain as it is.

Collusion is more like the opposite of competition and this is the exact reason why top 10 players negotiate who gets what and when.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/collusion.asp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collusion

Just for the sake of argument. Collusion is a very common means to avoid competition. Why else have FCC?
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Have a nice day.

But what happens if your mommies cut off your allowance?

Edit: entered response to wrong person
  • Options

Have a nice day.

If you were actually ENTITLED to the top 5 then you wouldn't need the collusion of your shards mates to keep others out and remain there... you're your own worst enemy and why you'll always need those shard mates to help you maintain your rank... it's actually sad you see this as a "win"
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    I see arena as part of the game, and why do I have to get angry 5-6 days a week because I couldn't enter top X or been sniped out, just don't make sense it's a game played by people and people forever have been making allies to beat the others, if not ask **** why he lost his war, was childish and bullying to ally against him? No.
    Therefore, I love to know what position I should be in for the day and spend half the crystals to get double the payout, as well I usually for at the time of payout, just because of that I should NEVER hit top 1??? Just because the most STU*** timetable from EA, that we can't choose payout times??? Well I love to as said, spend less crystals for more payout with my allies.

Ps: try to play a table game called RISK with another 3-5 friends and never ally with anyone see how many times you will win. I tell you 1/20 more or less
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    I see arena as part of the game, and why do I have to get angry 5-6 days a week because I couldn't enter top X or been sniped out, just don't make sense it's a game played by people and people forever have been making allies to beat the others, if not ask ( ouch The German little man got censored) why he lost his war, was childish and bullying to ally against him? No.
    Therefore, I love to know what position I should be in for the day and spend half the crystals to get double the payout, as well I usually for at the time of payout, just because of that I should NEVER hit top 1??? Just because the most STU*** timetable from EA, that we can't choose payout times??? Well I love to as said, spend less crystals for more payout with my allies.

Ps: try to play a table game called RISK with another 3-5 friends and never ally with anyone see how many times you will win. I tell you 1/20 more or less

• Options

Have a nice day.

Lol this guy is at war but he is the only one that knows it. I didn't realize how serious people take this game.
  • Options
    THE_OP wrote: »
    The thing is though there is not alot of turn around in my top ten. Always the same people and I can easily beat their teams so why don't they drop? Is it really that they must play all day to stay up there?

Thanks for all the replies

Try checking your top ten/twenty half a day offset from your payout and you may be surprised. There are groups that collude to keep the top payouts to themselves, but more likely is that the people you always see are people who have payouts in the couple hours before yours and the only reason you don't see them further down is that they do their payout push right before you do all your looking.

I do check all the time because this one guy had the exact same team as me but I had better mods and I have never seen him lower than 12. He either literally plays all day or is part of a group effort.
  • Options
    Wow, it's just fascinating how when putting humans together, whatever the context, you end up seeing some traits that you also see in real life.

What's described above by some members is what's called a the formation of a cartel. In business you obviously have laws against that. I'm not saying this should be the case for SWGOH as it'd be over the top and unenforceable but it's so very funny (and not surprising) that we see such a behaviour.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    I see arena as part of the game, and why do I have to get angry 5-6 days a week because I couldn't enter top X or been sniped out, just don't make sense it's a game played by people and people forever have been making allies to beat the others, if not ask **** why he lost his war, was childish and bullying to ally against him? No.

Are you really comparing keeping non-friends out of the top10 by working together with friends to ensure top rewards for you and your friends to the allied forces in WWII?
    You've got that backwards, unfortunately for the swgoh arena the other individual players aren't likely to band together to stop the tyranny of the select few that control the top10, wich would have been comparable with the allied forces in WWII.
    Save water, drink champagne!