[Mega] Game Update 7/5/2017 & Ewok Pass Details

Replies

• Options
    Thanks to everyone who explained the Nerf to me, especially @Bennehftw . My guild mates had explained it to me differently.

I used him all day in Galactic War and Arena and there were several times elder gained TM and others did not. Ewoks always gained TM when he did however.

So I'm thinking this 'bug fix' is itself bugged and that it must be making another RNG check to see if it processes on non-ewok allies after it has processed on Ewok Elder.

At no time did anyone gain TM when elder didn't.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Elder is a personal favorite of mine in-game so I am not pleased with his nerf.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Seem yes
  • Options
    Phoenix squad then their ships and now ewok rework... Sooooo are they gonna do anything to make me wanna keep playing?
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix squad then their ships and now ewok rework... Sooooo are they gonna do anything to make me wanna keep playing?

I'm sure they're planning on arranging to go over to your house to give you a nightly foot rub. It's just figuring out the logistics.
    Cos you're special!!
  • KyloJarJarBinks
    357 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Elder is a personal favorite of mine in-game so I am not pleased with his nerf.

Question answered in merged thread.
    Post edited by KyloJarJarBinks on
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Merged this with the other other EE thread about the TM item.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    I don't understand why they haven't corrected the description like in the bonus flash event instead of Nerf EE.
    Elder Zader in HAAT now is more difficult to use yet....
  • sloths19
    72 posts Member
    Options
    What is important to remember here is that these changes were all made in preparation for a faction pass. We have no idea what abilities will be completely retooled or what new ewoks will be debuted. It is entirely possible that a new ewok with a TM granting ability would have stacked with elders old TM gain and create an incredibly OP result. We don't know.

Remember when Maul and the sith were reworked? After they changed his leader ability they went back and reworded it so it ignored allied sith taunters, even though there were no sith taunters in the game. They knew they would be unveiling Sith Trooper and had to prepare for it accordingly. Stop freaking out without the full context of the faction pass. Maybe Elder does end up just getting nerfed and that's it, but until then don't go grabbing your pitchforks.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe he'll get a zeta that puts his TM gain right back where it was
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    They are teddy bears, created to sell children toys. Individually in a supportive role with other characters they can be good, but if I come across 5 stuffed toys and I'm Vader, leading a team of Sith. No way they should contend.

Nerfing ewok elder (and thats EXACTLY what it was), is a ploy by ea/cg to get people to spend money. However at this point i see it as a last ditch effort for ea to try to squeeze money out of players who would rather move on to something else before spending another dollar on this game.

You're so right. Half of my guild was ready to quit the game. But when we heard of this game-changing nerf, we all decided to buy a few vaults instead.
    Good detective work.
  • Options
    They nerfed EE so that his new zeta will bring it back to where it was pre-nerf, less 20 zeta mats for the user. Clever
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Maybe he'll get a zeta that puts his TM gain right back where it was

Lol. Sadly, this is probably close to what is going on.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    They are teddy bears, created to sell children toys. Individually in a supportive role with other characters they can be good, but if I come across 5 stuffed toys and I'm Vader, leading a team of Sith. No way they should contend.

Exactly why they shouldn't have gotten a faction pass
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

Exactly why they shouldn't have gotten a faction pass

But they did and complaining about it won't change a thing
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they did it because they are gonna be too OP
  • Danix
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I guy above said it perfectly, they did that so he can get a Zeta which brings him back to normal. You want normal Ewok Elder? 20 zetas, please or F U :smile:
  • Options
    I don't understand why they haven't corrected the description like in the bonus flash event instead of Nerf EE.
    Elder Zader in HAAT now is more difficult to use yet....

Yes and it is an HAAT strategy I have 2 zetas invested in.
  • Options
    sloths19 wrote: »
    What is important to remember here is that these changes were all made in preparation for a faction pass. We have no idea what abilities will be completely retooled or what new ewoks will be debuted. It is entirely possible that a new ewok with a TM granting ability would have stacked with elders old TM gain and create an incredibly OP result. We don't know.

Remember when Maul and the sith were reworked? After they changed his leader ability they went back and reworded it so it ignored allied sith taunters, even though there were no sith taunters in the game. They knew they would be unveiling Sith Trooper and had to prepare for it accordingly. Stop freaking out without the full context of the faction pass. Maybe Elder does end up just getting nerfed and that's it, but until then don't go grabbing your pitchforks.

I personally think it's better to let the devs know while they are still working out the kinks in the faction pass rather than wait until it is done and move out to something else.

People farm Ewoks for raids.

Making them weaker in raids to create a slightly stronger but still unviable arena faction is not acceptable.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    I love how people try to call nerf when they didn't bother to read the ability in the first place.

Same thing happened with Nute. After the Nute "nerf", I went and reread the ability, even in older videoes where it was showing the broken ability in use. The fix was exactly in line with the wording of the ability that even the person making the video glossed over. I can't call it a nerf unless they change both the behavior of the ability and the wording.

Same thing happened with Zader. They didn't nerf him. They fixed his ability to work as described in multiple phase battles.

Same thing here. His basic says: "Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 60% chance to gain 50% turn meter, grant other Ewok allies half that amount, and grant other allies 10% turn meter." It was clearly meant to have one 60% chance to have all of those effects, but was implemented poorly and granting TM to allies could happen separately from granting TM to EE.

Not a nerf.
  • sloths19
    72 posts Member
    Options

I personally think it's better to let the devs know while they are still working out the kinks in the faction pass rather than wait until it is done and move out to something else.

People farm Ewoks for raids.

Making them weaker in raids to create a slightly stronger but still unviable arena faction is not acceptable.

I don't really understand your point. What are you letting the devs know? They are aware that they bumped his TM gain from 55 to 50, but what I'm saying is that this is all in preparation for a larger product: a faction pass. I guarantee you this 5% adjustment is highly intentional in regards to either retooled abilities or new characters.

Also, it's completely irrelevant what people farm the Ewoks for now that they're doing a faction pass. How do we know they won't be arena viable? What if they become essential in the new territory wars? Why did it matter what people farmed snowtrooper, magmatrooper or storm trooper for before they did an empire faction pass?

The whole point is to make factions more viable in more game modes.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    If he's stunned or dazed he can't gain tm. Meaning no one else can gain tm. It's not in the description of mine yet so I'd say that's an outright nerf

Stagger and stun don't impact tm gains. Of course he can't gain the tm from his basic if he is stunned. He can't even basic.

Daze and shock do prevent tm gains, so these would impact him.

I remember it always being 50% tm gain. I guess I could be wrong. I did use him for a long time.

So essentially, if he was "nerfed" (I really don't think he was changed) it's 5% to him and 2.5% to others. Not game breaking. Him not giving tm to his ewoks when he fails to grant himself tm seems like wai. Half of 0 is 0. So if he was granting 25/27.5 tm while he gained 0, this was busted and should have been fixed.

"He can't even basic" just struck me as the silliest millenial girl thing that anyone could say. Kudos to you, I see what you're saying, but definitely worth a laugh.

On topic: sorry about the elder
  • Options
    @JediMasterGibs LOL! I'm totally hearing that in a SoCal accent.
  • Options
    @sloths19 Elder is already viable in all game modes. If you don't use him you obviously won't care.
  • Matheas
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    I love how people try to call nerf when they didn't bother to read the ability in the first place.

Same thing happened with Nute. After the Nute "nerf", I went and reread the ability, even in older videoes where it was showing the broken ability in use. The fix was exactly in line with the wording of the ability that even the person making the video glossed over. I can't call it a nerf unless they change both the behavior of the ability and the wording.

Same thing happened with Zader. They didn't nerf him. They fixed his ability to work as described in multiple phase battles.

Same thing here. His basic says: "Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 60% chance to gain 50% turn meter, grant other Ewok allies half that amount, and grant other allies 10% turn meter." It was clearly meant to have one 60% chance to have all of those effects, but was implemented poorly and granting TM to allies could happen separately from granting TM to EE.

Not a nerf.

Learn to read and then play the smart-youknowwhat

This deal is getting worse all the time!
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    It's July 5th and we still don't know anyting about said Ewok Faction. We got a TINY bit of info on the new game mode but the near-and-present is the Ewok boost to the game but the only thing we have is Chirpa login shards.

That's cool, but when are we going to get more info? Been farming Chirpa (as he's the only Ewok I don't have 7 star) but I would like to know if I'm wasting my efforts.

Thanks, dev(s), for your impending response.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Still plenty of days left in the month of July.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Still plenty of days left in the month of July.

True...but no longer 31.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    There are still 26 days left. Plus they normally do updates in an hour or so
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    well the empire pass was not a single month, and all they said was that Chief Chirpa was the login toon for July not that the pass was all of July
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."