Bounty Hunters should be NEUTRAL -- DEV RESPONSE

Prev134
Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
edited July 2017
Bounty Hunters have a Dark Side tag on them, but truly they are neutral, loyal to credits only.

So I'm thinking they should get a rework and NEUTRAL be added to the game so we could use them on either Light or Dark side battles.

This could also pave the way for characters like Revan, who is both Light and Dark.

Then add Jango. :D

Side note: I want this mainly because I focused extremely hard on dark side characters and most of my light side characters are just meh. I can't beat Light Side 9a NORMAL. Working on my Clones, though. Still, makes sense for them (bounty hunters) to go to either side of the spectrum.

---

NRAJ EDIT: Dev Response is here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1183288#Comment_1183288
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
Post edited by NotReallyAJedi on

Replies

• If they add Galen Erso and Agent Kallus they should both be neutral.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    If they add Galen Erso and Agent Kallus they should both be neutral.

Yeah, there's quite a few characters that are basically neutral.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    They murder people for profit. Doesn't seem very neutral to me.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »

They can also NOT murder people for profit. ;)
  • +1

I am also completely stuck on LS 9A normal. I breeze through the first 2 parts then Ventress 1 hits my whole team with her AOE. I'm farming resistance in desperation.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    +1

I am also completely stuck on LS 9A normal. I breeze through the first 2 parts then Ventress 1 hits my whole team with her AOE. I'm farming resistance in desperation.

Yeah, that's what happens to me, Ventress destroys my Clones. I have everything 3 stars on Dark Side and Cantina, and 3 stars in Light Side up until 9a normal. Can't even get 1 star. lol!
  • Bounty Hunters are Dark Side.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Bounty Hunters are Dark Side.

Yeah, I'm aware. But I'm saying the SHOULDN'T be. They follow the money. Money isn't evil or good.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Yeah I guess. Some bounty hunters are light side, like Mira from KotOR 2. It depends on the individual character though.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member

Yeah I guess. Some bounty hunters are light side, like Mira from KotOR 2. It depends on the individual character though.

I don't think morality really plays a factor. If they are paid enough they will take the job, whatever the job may be. I'm sure if the Jedi and the Republic paid Jango well enough after finding out he was being paid to donate his DNA for the Clone Army he would've fought against those Clones.

Money is money, as they say.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

I don't think morality really plays a factor. If they are paid enough they will take the job, whatever the job may be. I'm sure if the Jedi and the Republic paid Jango well enough after finding out he was being paid to donate his DNA for the Clone Army he would've fought against those Clones.

Money is money, as they say.

Thing is, morally "good" individuals, tend to not utilize third parties such as bounty hunters. There is a strong case to be made that bounty hunters are murderers, and therefore evil. Even if this were not the case, their employers are all evil. This makes them dark side by association.

Scoundrels on the other hand, are much more "gray" in terms of alligment. They tend not to be outright assassins.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member

Yeah, I'm aware. But I'm saying the SHOULDN'T be. They follow the money. Money isn't evil or good.

Money is the root of all evil.

Leave as is, IMO. I think it's better to leave the game as dark and light side only, least we start getting grey jedi garbage....

IMO:
    Jango = dark
    Galen= light
    Revan should not be in this game.
    Agent Kallus, dunno haven't seen season 3 yet.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Tedbeast wrote: »

Leave as is, IMO. I think it's better to leave the game as dark and light side only, least we start getting grey jedi garbage....

IMO:
    Jango = dark
    Galen= light

Money is not the root of all evil. 100% disagree with this.

Why should Revan not be in the game? Because you don't want him in?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Yeah I've thought about this, because when they add Embo (right devs?) he'll most likely be dark, even though his introduction was fighting alongside the Jedi against pirates.
    Maybe they could remove the dark side tags from Bounty Hunters, and instead, if you want to use them, you have to pay credits, or ally points, or something?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • It's very dependent on the individual. Some could be classed as neutral or even lightside, yet others like boba or cad bane should remain darkside
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Lets look at it like this. The Republic and The Rebels are clearly the good guys. Bounty hunters were tasked with hunting down and killing the good guys, therefore they should be classified accordingly.

I do truly understand the principle behind them working for money but changing their tags just so players can use bounty hunters to complete light side battles....nope.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member

Speechless. Yeah, whatever.
  • NotReallyAJedi
    91 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    First off, the quote is, "For the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil." So taking credits to kill a man isn't evi... um.

eat24_bear_****_recap_hawkward.jpg

Secondly, our game doesn't really have the concept of "neutral" when it comes to the Light/Dark. Additionally, I'm of the mindset that Light/Dark affiliation isn't something you simply state and then are. Bounty Hunters, while working for the highest bidder, do things that are morally ambiguous at best, and morally reprehensible at worst.

PERSONAL OPINION INCOMING: I believe that within the Star Wars universe every known character can be classified as Light or Dark, and that BEING one of these two things doesn't mean that you're "Good" or "Evil". In the same way a person can be fundamentally "Dark" and yet still do "good" things (Asajj helping Ahsoka), someone can be "Light" and be on the path of "evil" (Anakin, duh). I mean, look at Anakin, was he EVER really light side? Sure he's done a lot of good things, and his affection for Ahsoka is truly pure and fatherly, but his actions are through-and-through driven by a fundamental selfishness.

Sure, he's "Light Side", but that doesn't mean he's a good guy.

In the same way, Bounty Hunters are Dark Side in that they have willingly chosen a profession that is inherently morally "dark". While some of them can be "decent" individuals, and even "good" in some aspects of their character, they have willingly chosen a "dark" path. Thus, they are unlikely to be flagged as Neutral and will remain Dark Side (unless we get indicators that a character should be flagged otherwise).

giphy.gif
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • First off, the quote is, "For the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil." So taking credits to kill a man isn't evi... um.

Secondly, our game doesn't really have the concept of "neutral" when it comes to the Light/Dark. Additionally, I'm of the mindset that Light/Dark affiliation isn't something you simply state and then are. Bounty Hunters, while working for the highest bidder, do things that are morally ambiguous at best, and morally reprehensible at worst.

PERSONAL OPINION INCOMING: I believe that within the Star Wars universe every known character can be classified as Light or Dark, and that BEING one of these two things doesn't mean that you're "Good" or "Evil". In the same way a person can be fundamentally "Dark" and yet still do "good" things (Asajj helping Ahsoka), someone can be "Light" and be on the path of "evil" (Anakin, duh). I mean, look at Anakin, was he EVER really light side? Sure he's done a lot of good things, and his affection for Ahsoka is truly pure and fatherly. But his actions through-and-through are driven by a fundamental selfishness.

In the same way, Bounty Hunters are Dark Side in that they have willingly chosen a profession that is inherently morally "dark". While some of them can be "decent" individuals, and even "good" in some aspects of their character, they have willingly chosen a "dark" path. Thus, they are unlikely to be flagged as Neutral and will remain Dark Side (unless we get indicators that a character should be flagged otherwise).

giphy.gif

*cough* revan *cough* *cough*
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    tumblr_n8ahacwyEJ1sar3c7o1_500.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • First off, the quote is, "For the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil." So taking credits to kill a man isn't evi... um.

PERSONAL OPINION INCOMING: I believe that within the Star Wars universe every known character can be classified as Light or Dark, and that BEING one of these two things doesn't mean that you're "Good" or "Evil". In the same way a person can be fundamentally "Dark" and yet still do "good" things (Asajj helping Ahsoka), someone can be "Light" and be on the path of "evil" (Anakin, duh). I mean, look at Anakin, was he EVER really light side? Sure he's done a lot of good things, and his affection for Ahsoka is truly pure and fatherly, but his actions are through-and-through driven by a fundamental selfishness.

giphy.gif

Very well said, exactly this. I feel you have closed the discussion.

Also to the Revan stuff from further up. I feel Revan shouldn't be put in this game because to do the character justice would break the game x100 more than Chaze or DN or Droids of old and to put him in game in a halfway balanced way would leave his character broken. I love Revan, don't ruin his character by trying to 'balance' him into this game.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Tedbeast wrote: »
    First off, the quote is, "For the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil." So taking credits to kill a man isn't evi... um.

giphy.gif

Very well said, exactly this. I feel you have closed the discussion.

Also to the Revan stuff from further up. I feel Revan shouldn't be put in this game because to do the character justice would break the game x100 more than Chaze or DN or Droids of old and to put him in game in a halfway balanced way would leave his character broken. I love Revan, don't ruin his character by trying to 'balance' him into this game.

That seem like a silly reason not to add a character to this game. We already have extremely powerful characters from Star Wars lore ingame (Ep, Yoda, Nihilus and Vader) so why not Revan.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Honestly it's just easier to leave all bounty hunters as bad. I get some are neutral,(Hondo)some are good(Embo) and some are outright bad(Boba) but if we split them up then it's harder to make synergies with the same faction on different "sides"
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Great answer @CG_NotReallyAJedi. I fully agree with your points.

And, to the discussion about Revan, I see no problem with not allowing him. We already had Jedi getting slaughtered by an equal number of droids (pre-zetas), and various other characters appear to be far more powerful in the game than they are in lore, or vice versa. Characters are balanced to fit the game, and not the lore, although the lore certainly has a large impact on the design of characters.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member

giphy.gif

Mic drop
  • CameronD wrote: »
    Honestly it's just easier to leave all bounty hunters as bad. I get some are neutral,(Hondo)some are good(Embo) and some are outright bad(Boba) but if we split them up then it's harder to make synergies with the same faction on different "sides"

I agree 100% embo helping kidnap palpatine in the CW was very good of him. And his performance in the box? How good of him! And lets not forget the time he tried to kill anakin, padme, and clovis!
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    CameronD wrote: »
    Honestly it's just easier to leave all bounty hunters as bad. I get some are neutral,(Hondo)some are good(Embo) and some are outright bad(Boba) but if we split them up then it's harder to make synergies with the same faction on different "sides"

I agree 100% embo helping kidnap palpatine in the CW was very good of him. And his performance in the box? How good of him! And lets not forget the time he tried to kill anakin, padme, and clovis!

Did you miss the part where he wasn't supposed to kill them, but make it seem like it?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Admiral_Wh1skers
    1352 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Tedbeast wrote: »

IMO:
    Jango = dark
    Galen= light
    Kallus should have 2 characters empire and rebellion
    tumblr_n8ahacwyEJ1sar3c7o1_500.gif
    Same
  • Don't lose too much thought over LS vs DS, the whole thing is very fluid, and greatly influenced by interpretation.

Is a Bounty Hunter's greed dark? Do the clones and especially droids(except IG88) truly have an alignment, or is it their masters who are light/dark? Can the Jedi truly be considered light, when they were unknowingly serving Palpatine? If Anakin is considered light, how many beings do you have to murder to be dark? Ect, ect.