[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Options
    Hikari wrote: »
    All of these characters have been around for ages and easy to get.

Don't blame the devs for your lack collecting. This is a collectors game.

This.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I am glad the requirements are hard, the reason arena sucks right now is everyone has been able to get the best toons through the marquee events. For anyone who doesn't have Old Ben, myself included, get to farming. If you don't get him you either should've started earlier or haven't played long enough to deserve Luke.

And even then, I wouldn't call these requirements "hard". The hardest part of it is R2. The "difficulty" of the requirements only comes down to how long one has been playing the game. For an old enough account, you had empire to get R2, or you could get enough to get him now. You would have had Leia and STH from farming arena. Only hold outs would be Luke and possibly Old Ben (though if the account is old enough, you likely farmed him in the old days when he was good). Even then, Luke is available in guild shipments, so if you've been paying any attention at all, we were given free shards for 40th anniversary, etc.

So why do some have a problem with a reward for length of time playing the game?

Really, I love that they made this relatively easy (assuming the gear requirement isn't too huge). They could have gone the other way and put him behind a paywall.

But I guess people will find any way they can to complain.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I am glad the requirements are hard, the reason arena sucks right now is everyone has been able to get the best toons through the marquee events. For anyone who doesn't have Old Ben, myself included, get to farming. If you don't get him you either should've started earlier or haven't played long enough to deserve Luke.

Well said! I couldn't agree more!
  • Options
    @Dretzle I said "hard" because of the farming involved for Luke and Old Ben who aren't really top tier toons. But I agree, no one is "hard" to get. It's just if you played long enough and collected the right toons.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    If "everyone" has him, his novelty is lost.

Those that were around thru the dodge meta long ago will get rewarded.

Those that picked up on the clues/hints they've been dropping will get rewarded.

So, long-time players and intuitive players get something that new players and bricks don't. I see no issue.

Even then, Old Ben is an easy farm...very easy.

The sense of entitlement is strong in this thread.
  • Options
    My old ben is 63/80. Not even unlocked. This is me over the next 2 weeks. 200w.gif

lol, this is awesome! This is my exact sentiment when I run any Cantina node!
  • Options
    I feel like a Christmas! But I'm the little child outside window, in the snow... just thinking how amazing that Christmas turkey looks :'(

tumblr_luwdfgw3DS1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

hahahahaha But seriously, it's a great update. Good job Guys! ^^
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Double drops for Old Ben for the entire month of August and everyone will be happy.

Bit late for that isn't it?
  • Options
    Tman wrote: »
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    they have tried to be nice by omitting han solo. i am f2p and even with han would have been ready for this a year ago probly more (if r2 existed). where is my reward and end game content for playing all that time? and for waiting for 2 YEARS for luke? sorry but you havent been playing hard enough to get luke right now, keep playing and you will soon. easily, now you know what is needed. If you dont have money this game takes time, end of. as for not knowing what you needed, first of all you have to play long enough to be prepared for anything, and second of all they told you luke skywalker and friends, take the hint, he doesnt have that many friends in this game and it is clear who his best ones are.

I play every day and I can't get that done so, i dont mean to be rude, shut ur mouth

Sounds like your problem
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    I didn't have Old Ben when the first blatant clue dropped that toons like Leia, STHan or said Old Ben might be the key to unlocking Cmdr. Luke - who else was there to shape farm boy into the Jedi aspirant? Wedge or Biggs only got mentioned and shown shortly in the film but they were not instrumental in him going somewhere... Well I got onto the case and now am only 19 shards away from getting the old geezer... The one that surprised me was the R2 requirement - but it makes sense. And it shouldn't be a too big problem for old accounts that have some depth in their roster. Whoever is capable of doing heroic raids probably has the ability to unlock everything as needed.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    If "everyone" has him, his novelty is lost.

Those that were around thru the dodge meta long ago will get rewarded.

Those that picked up on the clues/hints they've been dropping will get rewarded.

So, long-time players and intuitive players get something that new players and bricks don't. I see no issue.

Even then, Old Ben is an easy farm...very easy.

The sense of entitlement is strong in this thread.

See, I consider myself an intuitive player which is why I farmed Leia and Luke. I figured if I needed old Ben I could get him. But I didn't think I'd need a legendary toon at 7 stars in addition to all that. So all of my planning went to **** because I can have old Ben, or R2 (maybe), but not both.

Trust me, many of us read the tea leaves and did our best to be ready and made smart choices but if farming Empire wasn't one of them, you're SoL. It doesn't make you a "brick"
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • RogueMorgothT
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Please, Biggs, Antiles... some help @CG_Kozispoon *_*

tenor.gif
  • JD010
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I do wish we could swap one of them out for Yoda. Still means you have to have some serious 7* characters but it gives a teeny bit more flexibility.

Or, swap out Luke for Yoda. You don't need Luke to save Luke, and it makes it even more exclusive in the eyes of the game-runners

And besides, who trained Luke to become a jedi?
  • Options
    I love the fact that finally deep rosters are being rewarded.

It's no one's fault but your own if you've been playing for a long time and you don't have OB unlocked. He was a part of the dodge meta for a long time.

If you're a newer player I can understand this being somewhat frustrating, but that's it. You're a newer player. You should NOT have the same access to every single new toon that comes down the pipeline that long standing players do. Cry about it all you want, it's not going to change anything and I'm happy about that.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    JD010 wrote: »
    I do wish we could swap one of them out for Yoda. Still means you have to have some serious 7* characters but it gives a teeny bit more flexibility.

And besides, who trained Luke to become a jedi?

Luke didn't get trained by Yoda until well after he escaped the Death Star.
  • Options
    From a game perspective it's good.

Spread players even more thin, give wider range of Toons, get people hyped, and get people to use Toons that are probably on the shelf.

For me...DOH!!!

Old Ben (9/80) and Leia (11/25) were never on my radar.

I just unlocked 5* R2 this morning. My TFP and EP aren't 6* yet, so that's it for this round.

If Kanan didn't show up the Arena shop, I most likely would have gone after HK or IG. I'm not regretting that I spent 95% on Sidious (close to 7*), StHan (6*), Ackbar (6*), Windu (6*), Tarkin (6*), and Kanan (5*).

I spent a Star Destroyer load of my Cantina energy on Lando (6*), Farm-Luke (5*), TFP, Kylo, Scarif Pathfinder, Hera, Ezra, and Chirpa in the past 4 months.

I sure hope there's going to be Double Drop for Old Ben like they did for Ewoks. At least then, I won't be too far behind when this Luke Event shows up again in a few months. Yes, I'm already capitulating that this Event far beyond me.

Also, it looks to me Com-Luke is going to be too OP. He's going to render almost everyone else useless.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    I love complainers you should have old ben from the dodge meta leia has been in the arena for years stormhan meta been in shop since day one and they told you about luke the only one that is remotely debatable is r2 rage posts are the greatest *grabs popcorn* becaise people can't handle the truth
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Tman wrote: »
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    they have tried to be nice by omitting han solo. i am f2p and even with han would have been ready for this a year ago probly more (if r2 existed). where is my reward and end game content for playing all that time? and for waiting for 2 YEARS for luke? sorry but you havent been playing hard enough to get luke right now, keep playing and you will soon. easily, now you know what is needed. If you dont have money this game takes time, end of. as for not knowing what you needed, first of all you have to play long enough to be prepared for anything, and second of all they told you luke skywalker and friends, take the hint, he doesnt have that many friends in this game and it is clear who his best ones are.

I play every day and I can't get that done so, i dont mean to be rude, shut ur mouth

How long have you been playing?

The reason I ask is that many people who have been playing since launch should have most if not all anyway:

1) Old Ben - part of the Dodge meta (2nd only to Dooku)
    2) STHan was one of the best tanks in the game pre-Chaze/pre-taunters.
    3) Leia was a key cog in early Lando/Rebel teams (and was an OP - P2P toon early on)
    4) Luke has been around forever.
    5) R2 is a result for most people of having strong Empire - RG was another great tank before Chaze/pre-taunts - EP was a great add (especially if you had the above Rebels before the fixed Wedge) - Vader is a reward for having accomplished a lot in game, as almost all achievements come with Vader shards. After that, Magma is easily farmable, as is Tarkin.

My point is for the many complaints (mostly by newer players), the event is partially a "reward" for those who have been around since launch - and have most if not all of the required characters already. If you don't, then you are likely either:

A) Relatively new (a year in or less)
    B) Someone who has been chasing other things (i.e. droids, the current meta, raid teams - incidentally, STHan and Leia are both part of some strong HAAT raid comps)
    C) Someone who might have to drop a little coin if you want CLS this time around.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Devs, thank you. As is the case with many people, I can get impatient sometimes. Even as a fully functioning adult, delayed gratification can be a tough pill to swallow. When everything does finally come together, though, the feels can be overwhelming.

I have never been more satisfied with time spent "wasting" resources in a video game than I am with the time I spent farming and gearing my childhood heroes on this game. I stuck it out fighting with my favs as long as I could until the dark winter arrived and is only just now giving way to the light.

I can assure you as in times past I will throw an appreciative and monetary gratuity your way as a token of thanks. Come next week there will be Original Trilogy rebels atop the Disneyland Shard and hopefully many others.

If anyone can make these rebels work, a true fan can.

Sorry Chaze and Wiggs, you were never the rebels I was looking for. I'll see you in the team comps beneath me as I bring the true stars of Star Wars to the top!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I don't get it either. It's not as if Luke and his friends weren't mentioned and it's not like this has been speculated for some time now. Halfway through Old Dodging Ben to 7* and that was starting from nothing.

Exactly. The devs drop hints, require toons that were almost all part of previous metas, release the R2 event early - and people still complain.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I've been around a solid amount of time (Fall 2016), and I get Old Ben, no problems with that requirement. R2 and the 7* requirement is what is frustrating. When I started I worked really hard to farm Rebels and Jedi to get Yoda and Palp, which then put me behind on Empire to get R2. Once first round of R2 went by, I focused on Empire and Phoenix, as I wasn't sure whether he or Thrawn would come around first. I just unlocked R2 yesterday, so that leaves me with needing to push hard to finish R2 7* and then push Ben to get a chance. People are saying you need 5 toons at 7*, but really its 10, since you need Empire to get R2.

The other aspect is the unlock at 7* only. I figured I was safe because I could at least field a team at 5 or 6*. I'm just looking for the unlock, not to have him maxed out. I get they want to reward longtime players, but then keep the requirements the same for 7*, allow people to unlock him at 5 and 6* too, and jack up the increase when you upgrade his rating to reward the people who can unlock him at 7.
  • Options
    valeo25 wrote: »
    I've been around a solid amount of time (Fall 2016), and I get Old Ben, no problems with that requirement. R2 and the 7* requirement is what is frustrating. When I started I worked really hard to farm Rebels and Jedi to get Yoda and Palp, which then put me behind on Empire to get R2. Once first round of R2 went by, I focused on Empire and Phoenix, as I wasn't sure whether he or Thrawn would come around first. I just unlocked R2 yesterday, so that leaves me with needing to push hard to finish R2 7* and then push Ben to get a chance. People are saying you need 5 toons at 7*, but really its 10, since you need Empire to get R2.

The other aspect is the unlock at 7* only. I figured I was safe because I could at least field a team at 5 or 6*. I'm just looking for the unlock, not to have him maxed out. I get they want to reward longtime players, but then keep the requirements the same for 7*, allow people to unlock him at 5 and 6* too, and jack up the increase when you upgrade his rating to reward the people who can unlock him at 7.

While I do understand your frustration, keep the following in mind-
    1- the devs stated repeatedly that Luke would unlock completely different from anything we've seen before.
    2- during the last podcast, INRAJ and Tophat repeatedly said Epic. Like 20 times each. They said it so much, I kept repeating epic epic epic whenever talking to anyone :lol:

Taking both of those into consideration, we now know what they meant. Firstly, that Luke will unlock at 7 star (never seen before). Secondly, that a legendary toon is required for unlock (never seen before). My guess, they label this as an Epic event, not legendary.

This brings a whole new realm of possibilities into play. Revan for example. Or Snoke. Or anyone else who may have "godlike" power. Perhaps a new Palpatine. New Vader. Etc.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Infact, he doesn't even share a scene with Leia
    jcd0YzX.png
    B)

Point: Olga
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Dahlias wrote: »
    If the idea is to use Lukes friends from episode 4 what about biggs and wedge? Biggs was his best friend growing up so why are they not options too?
    That's rebel pilot Biggs, not farmboy Biggs. Same reason they don't have Clone Wars Chewbacca or General Kenobi as options.
    And Luke never meets Wedge until after the escape from the Death Star.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    @Nikoms565 lets say we agree on R2D2,Leia,STH, Obi, and the reasons why i, a nov15 player, should have them.
    why, for the love of god, would i invest on Farmboy luke ?
    if its a reward since lunch, it shouldnt involve farmboy, since he was completely useless at any mode, at all times. for me, farming him atm, feels like punishment, and not a reward. i feel bad spending resources on a toon i will never touch, just because he "always been there". he's a poor choice of investment, no matter how you look at it, and CG currently "force" us to get him.
    and obviously people complain! they complain because CLS will be unavailable for them, and hes their fan favorite. why hes unavailable ? because he requires specific 5 toons, that none of them are currently appealing.
    im mad too, even tho i'll probably get him.
    also, if this "Epic" event will be very hard, and will require high level of gear even if i put best mods on those 5, i'd be extremely mad.
    CLS is gonna be the most expensive toon in this game, resources for specific 5 that all need to be 7*, that one of them require 7* empire. a "rewarding" toon will not be that expensive, and the requirements should be 5 toons from a faction or a given 7/8 list, at least (where's chewy ? Yoda ?)
    you cant involve a legendary + complete useless toon + complete useless toon for over a year AS the squad to unlock a fan favorite. its just wrong...
  • Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    1- the devs stated repeatedly that Luke would unlock completely different from anything we've seen before.
    2- during the last podcast, INRAJ and Tophat repeatedly said Epic. Like 20 times each. They said it so much, I kept repeating epic epic epic whenever talking to anyone :lol:

Taking both of those into consideration, we now know what they meant. Firstly, that Luke will unlock at 7 star (never seen before). Secondly, that a legendary toon is required for unlock (never seen before). My guess, they label this as an Epic event, not legendary.

This brings a whole new realm of possibilities into play. Revan for example. Or Snoke. Or anyone else who may have "godlike" power. Perhaps a new Palpatine. New Vader. Etc.

What podcast? I'd be interested in subscribing.

Overall, I get it, I've just driven a lot of my farming decisions off of unlocking legendary characters, so it's pretty frustrating to have that fall on its face when I've been looking forward to this since they announced it.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Dahlias wrote: »
    If the idea is to use Lukes friends from episode 4 what about biggs and wedge? Biggs was his best friend growing up so why are they not options too?
    That's rebel pilot Biggs, not farmboy Biggs. Same reason they don't have Clone Wars Chewbacca or General Kenobi as options.
    And Luke never meets Wedge until after the escape from the Death Star.

Thats not true, hes sitting next to wedge during the briefing for the death star attack.
  • Options
    valeo25 wrote: »
    Kissycat wrote: »

What podcast? I'd be interested in subscribing.

Overall, I get it, I've just driven a lot of my farming decisions off of unlocking legendary characters, so it's pretty frustrating to have that fall on its face when I've been looking forward to this since they announced it.

https://radiofreetatooine.com/category/galactic-war-report/

Here ya go
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    This Farmboy has been too good for far too long. Why even release Commander Luke when everybody will continue to just run Farmboy.

Just kidding but seriously? 50 percent counter chance for toons like R-2, Ahsoka, Ezra, Wedge, and Leia? What are you thinking? The only team with a remote chance of handling this stupidity is zaul with the initial daze. Every other AOE in the game becomes certain death for that toon.

I like Luke. He is my favorite character so I have no problem running him but Jesus H **** this is over the top. The rebels have plenty of toons that can hit near 20k on basic and now they all have a 50 percent counter chance.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    If this is CLS, imaging what they will release for JKL when he becomes available?