State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    How will we get hermit yoda and will he have the Jedi tag?

What other tag would he possibly have?
  • Options
    Good or bad, right or wrong, there's going to be some big shake ups in guilds imo.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    He will have the Hermit tag, one that might be shared with others in the future, but with no synergy what so ever. :)
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options

You **** right he will have the Jedi tag.

He'll also be a Rebel, cause he helped Luke out this one time...
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »

Yeah, judging how they have been handling tags (Old Ben rebel, CLS non Jedi), all bets are off.
    I'm still **** Over the CLS tag debate.
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    "No, you've spelled out the potential consequences of your decision, not the type of information that would theoretically make the decision easier, or more palatable. Not the same at all."

Are you sure? I've obviously spelled out the consequences, because as you state they may have made this decision to target Uber Guilds that benefit at the top instead of the bottom, but there are also Family Guilds that will get hit...and I'm sure those far outweigh the Big Fish Uber Guilds with sister sub-guilds.
    What does this mean for Territory Battles, though? How much of a detrimental impact will this have if every member is not giving 110% with a full, geared, developed roster?

Will we be forced to dump the underperforming, undergeared well-meaning but unable to meet new standards?

You really think there's nothing there for them to address, or even say...we hear you and we're going to examine this? There's nothing in there about how much under-rostered players will weigh down a guild you don't think they can touch on if they wanted to?

The only thing that concerns me is the as-yet-unaddressed potential problem of how what any individual member bringing to the table has (or doesn't) that can impact the greater whole.

Commander Luke is just one example because it's the only one they gave to us...but do you really think that where there's one walled-off feature due to a character, there won't be more? They already telegraphed this weeks ago with the Hoth Soldier (or was it Scout?) being mandatory on that one mission that was leaked.

All we're looking for is reassurance that this won't completely cripple guilds with members who don't have all there is to have.

This seems to apply an entirely different concept, and that's all we are seeking clarification on.

How much will that work to the detriment of your guild if say, only half of your players have the special mission?

Looks to me like I asked several times for clarity, in a variety of ways.

As to the other thing, if I misquoted him I'll own that and thank you clearing it up. See my concern regarding above. It may have begun as an effort to keep big guilds from having underlings gear up their heavies, but the close-knit guilds with diverse membership will be the ones that feel it the most.

Someone has to point that out, and while I may be the most vocal voice at present, it's pretty clear I'm not the only one. It doesn't bother me in the least that you don't agree with me, because of that fact alone.

The problem is that some of the "clarification" you ask for is impossible to receive.
    What does this mean for Territory Battles, though? How much of a detrimental impact will this have if every member is not giving 110% with a full, geared, developed roster?

The devs can't measure "detrimental impact" -- that's an entirely subjective standard. The devs can tell you that a guild full of people with every character 7* g11 will do better than a guild where only half its members have g11 characters. How "detrimental" that is is a question for the guild.
    Will we be forced to dump the underperforming, undergeared well-meaning but unable to meet new standards?

What "new standards?" Again, this is a subjective question -- is your standard having every single member complete every single battle/mission every single time? Then probably yes.
    There's nothing in there about how much under-rostered players will weigh down a guild you don't think they can touch on if they wanted to?

What is "under rostered?" Another subjective standard. They've already said that, for example, CLS is required for a certain mission. So anyone who can't get him won't be able to do that mission. How do you determine if it weighs you down?
    Commander Luke is just one example because it's the only one they gave to us...but do you really think that where there's one walled-off feature due to a character, there won't be more? They already telegraphed this weeks ago with the Hoth Soldier (or was it Scout?) being mandatory on that one mission that was leaked.

So you're already aware? Or do you really need every single detail spoon-fed?
    All we're looking for is reassurance that this won't completely cripple guilds with members who don't have all there is to have.

Again, define "completely cripple" -- it's an entirely subjective standard. If your guild was not able to complete HAAT out of the gate, were you completely crippled? What was the detrimental impact? Were you forced to dump people?
  • Options

Not sure. Just not sure what his kit/tags would be since we never saw hermit yoda fight or even hold a lightsaber in the OT. I guess now that I think about it I'm more curious as to what his kit will be; the only possible tag for him to have is Jedi, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with for his moves. Perhaps the first Jedi in the game who doesn't use a lightsaber? He has complete mastery of the force as well as his trusty cane.
  • Options

Rebel.
  • Options

Support
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, judging how they have been handling tags (Old Ben rebel, CLS non Jedi), all bets are off.

Im still saying this was a gameplay decision to differentiate CLS from whatever theyre going to call ROTJ Luke. They probably wanted one heavy rebel and one heavy jedi.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Im still saying this was a gameplay decision to differentiate CLS from whatever theyre going to call ROTJ Luke. They probably wanted one heavy rebel and one heavy jedi.

Well, sure I get that.
    But then will ROTJ Luke only have a Jedi tag? Doubt it, he will probably be Jedi/Rebel.
    I just think both toons could have the Jedi/rebel tag, and they should differentiate him with his kit: CLS rebel abilities only, RoTJ Luke Jedi abilities only.
    But this ship has sailed, so firk it.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options

Muppet.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

Well, sure I get that.
    But then will ROTJ Luke only have a Jedi tag? Doubt it, he will probably be Jedi/Rebel.
    I just think both toons could have the Jedi/rebel tag, and they should differentiate him with his kit: CLS rebel abilities only, RoTJ Luke Jedi abilities only.

This is ESB Luke. Luke was not a Jedi yet in ESB. The title of episode VI kind of gives that away. Plus the fact that Yoda told him in ROTJ that he to confront Vader again before he could become a Jedi.
  • Raindragon
    109 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Waez wrote: »
    Concerning for F2P.
    All the events lately have been tuned to extract cash from whales and dolphins (Thrawn late announcement, CLS's late and unforgiving requirements...)

This update only cements the fact that the game is taking a money-oriented turn, again.

TB will be easy for whales, and will encourage them to band together, and of course they will influence themselves and spend more.
    Everyone will now NEED a large roster, or you will be considered a weight for your guild.

The new toons will probably be meta breaking, and the whales will take the Arena back.

G12 is the same thing, and tying it to 7* is a direct insult to players.
    You can't say "We're doing marquee events to let everyone everyone use the characters" and then say "Ho but you'll need 7* to be competitive in Arena because G12 needs stars."

ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN SOME CHARACTERS ARE STILL IN 1 HARD NODE ONLY.

If you want to increase star requirements (CLS's event, G12...), you NEED to help us getting those shards decently fast.

I guess the executives realized the game wasn't making as much money as it could, and pushed for more requirements.
    Be careful though. This is a double-edged knife, and you might end up cutting yourself and losing a bunch of players, both actual and potential.

^ this! I am not completely f2p, but I am far from a whale. The pressure to spend will increase exponentially the more time and effort you invest in the game and your guild.

There will be mass-exoduses and mass-kickings - even for players that are really trying, but officers will get impatient and separate the wheat from the chaff leaving the f2p clearly on the bottom until the new stuff is no longer new.

I do love the ideas, just a little disappointed that the f2p and new people will have such a tough swim upstream before enjoying the new content.
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • Options
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    Speaking of Bounty Hunters, anyone for Hanhaar, the wookiee BH from KoToR 2?

Yes! Hanhaar, Chundaar, Zaalbar, Freyyr, Chewie. Full Wookie Squad FTW!!
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    Speaking of Bounty Hunters, anyone for Hanhaar, the wookiee BH from KoToR 2?

Yes! Hanhaar, Chundaar, Zaalbar, Freyyr, Chewie. Full Wookie Squad FTW!!

And Lumpy!
  • Options

And Lumpy!

Hahaha! I love this reference!!
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • Options
    RevJJ82 wrote: »

Well, sure I get that.

This is ESB Luke. Luke was not a Jedi yet in ESB. The title of episode VI kind of gives that away. Plus the fact that Yoda told him in ROTJ that he to confront Vader again before he could become a Jedi.
    *sigh*
    Look man, people have debated this enough. The only facts, not personal opinions, are these:
    1) Padawan = jedi in training = jedi tag on this game, so Luke qualifies;
    2) RoTJ refers to Vader going back to the light side, jeez.
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Why are people upset about gear 12? I just put down a gear 12 savage in the AGI daily challenge B)
  • Options

And Lumpy!

No Saun Dann? No Lumpy.
    Vk5sm3I.jpg
  • Options

Well, sure I get that.

*sigh*
    Look man, people have debated this enough. The only facts, not personal opinions, are these:

Fair enough, I'll take your point 1. Disagree on point 2 though, I would say it is a combination of Vader going back to the light and Luke becoming a Jedi. In either case it would mean that Luke is not a Jedi in ESB but since I already conceded to your point 1 this discussion is moot anyway :)
  • Options

Rebel.

He ran away and hid in a swamp. Telling Luke to resist the temptations of the Dark Side hardly qualifies him as a rebel.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, look - a timer. Are these Territory Battles timed also?

I'm really curious how this is going to work logistically in our guild, as we have people from many different timezones, some minor (less than 4h) and some not (5-12). Is each phase a day long? Or does the guild leader launch the next phase like a raid? 1d per phase seems like it'd be the best approach to accommodate timezones, but that means it'd take almost a week to finish. Shorter phases (like 1h) would glue everyone to the game for up to 6 hours and that's not great either, and we'd lose participation from those in other timezones sleeping or working. Really hope it's implemented so that it doesn't rip our guild apart timezone by timezone.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

Well, sure I get that.

*sigh*

Here is the fact that matters: you're playing a game within a game and canon does not apply (See DN or HK47) and the devs can do whatever they feel like to balance the game the way they see fit.
  • Options

Well, sure I get that.

*sigh*

Here is the fact that matters: you're playing a game within a game and canon does not apply (See DN or HK47) and the devs can do whatever they feel like to balance the game the way they see fit.

Well, obviously. I'm not demanding anything, they can/should do as they see fit.
    Kthxbye
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    We don't know they're not canon. Not gonna argue with Ben, already explained that argument the other day.

• Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Well, sure I get that.

*sigh*

Well, obviously. I'm not demanding anything, they can/should do as they see fit.
    Kthxbye

Don't worry man, I got you

2fEpCPk

I dont have a horse in this race but that was a good one! Lol
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    We don't know they're not canon. Not gonna argue with Ben, already explained that argument the other day.

Leland Chee says old Ben would've had a rebel tag
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I was talking about DN and HK-47. When I said Ben, I meant Ben Sunwalker, the guy who want ESB Luke to have the Jedi tag.