State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Javik wrote: »
    My possible theory on unlocking Hoth Han, we know how in Ship battles we unlocked characters through "tutorial" stages, Hoth Han might be given out in a similar fashion.

Along with EP IV-VI Millenium Falcon! :o

Yes!!! The Millennium Falcon with its rightful pilots on board, Han Solo AND Chewie
    Wait, where the new Chewie!!!
  • Options
    Why is no one discussing this?

giphy.gif

The "#42" is fairly big, so it must be important.

1zank4zcihx2.png

The Players ranking in guild?
    Ranking of guild
    Something else?

That's a good question. I've never seen this nice close-up pic before either.
    Oh, look - a timer. Are these Territory Battles timed also?
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options

giphy.gif

1zank4zcihx2.png

Ranking of guild
    Something else?

Yes
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    swgoh4.jpg
    so now that we are getting CLS and ROLO the only toon missing is REBEL Chewbacca!

Agree 100% with this

I can see ONE more thing that we're still missing from that picture.I'll give a hint
    tumblr_okxm5tCGzJ1tjjuglo1_500.gif
    That is not a moon.
    It is a...

Oh, another thing missing, a bad*** Mace Windu B)
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    And your mistake is in thinking that having complete information would necessarily lessen the consternation amongst diverse guilds, no matter how popular the opinion. To be honest, I'm not even sure I can surmise what kind of information would realistically tip your decision one way or the other.

Your inability to see it does not make it any less real for those of us asking for it. I can't help you with that; I have spelled it out across 7 pages now and there's no possible way that I can elaborate further short of redundancy.

You are satisfied with your role in your Guild and where it stands. That's fantastic for you. You don't have to struggle with deciding to cut likable but under-rostered/geared players who contribute but not to the same degree as the big fish in each guild's sea, even though you've already picked out the word "struggle" as a choice. It should be,shouldn't it? Those are people at the end of the day, and guilds should be a form of family. Dismissing them over a new game mode and direction should not be done lightly.

Whether my guild does or no, we already see it's what it's going to do many guilds. If you believe the poster who said there was an Official Podcast where they stated this was their goal, then mission accomplished and they don't care. And that's fine, but we don't have to agree on that.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    landscape-1445262691-970.jpg?resize=480:*

Some supah sweet sneak peek screenies have been added to @CG_TopHat 's State of the Galaxy post, thanks to @CG_GAWS! Go give the announcement a refresh

1zank4zcihx2.png
    Over 60M Guild GP! Lol, what a bunch of whales. What concerns me here is that this mega-whale guild only got 2 stars on each half of what appears to be Phase 2. What hope do mere mortals have?
    :D

It's the territory battle # 42 out of ???
  • Options
    love the idea of the new updates and territory battles. but with the new gear lvl i can probably say bye bye bye to the top 5 payout. until i can catch up with credits, gear and stars (thrawn 6*)
  • Options
    They should see it as future rewards not missing out
    Newbies should have a chance to earn there way up, why is it wrong to reward those who have been here all along, in everything in life you earn your way up, why should newbies get to jump ahead of others start with ep and yoda earn r2 thrawn raid han gk and CLS, It isn't missing out it earning your way up the levels and rewards of game
    I have been in 3 guilds since they launched guilds and have friends in all 3 who I talk to on a regular basis, and in most guild's for heroic raids there are already minimum standards, higher ranking guild's will earn these new things faster lower level guild's will earn them as they grow if they simply hand everything to everyone what the point, if some one is that insecure in your guild maybe you should find one you are more secure in, there are always lots recruiting it will be challenge for everyone at first, it does say all get same reward not if all dont have CLS you get nothing I'm pretty sure you get more than 1 attempt over time it will just take longer for some than others there are lots of guild's with good leadership lots for various level, commit ment ,and playing style, I'm sure there will be plenty that survive, and the rest will restructure

I think you have completely missed the point of my post. Nowhere in any one of them did I mention handouts or free shards or gear.

The point is to shed further illuminations on how exactly this will impact the progression of a guild who is not sitting on 50 members with a whole roster. The kind of guilds who using their own example of special missions, will have a bracket of players that will be unable to access them due to lacking the unlocking character in the first place. How much of a handicap it will put on Guilds who may have 10, 15, 20 etc members that can't contribute to towards a certain mission.

It would have been better for them to leave this information unremarked on until they were prepared to fully divulge it and how it works in detail to prevent this sort of thing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

giphy.gif

1zank4zcihx2.png

Ranking of guild
    Something else?

This. Honestly, the only thing that concerns me is the timer.

There are already more than enough things I have to do at certain times of the day - energy refreshes, arena payout, fleet arena payout, raids, flash events, etc.

Continually adding more of these "have to play at a specific time" is probably the only thing that could lead me to leave this game. A game is supposed to be done in one's leisure time. If I have to "play" at specific times, that's "work".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Continually adding more of these "have to play at a specific time" is probably the only thing that could lead me to leave this game. A game is supposed to be done in one's leisure time. If I have to "play" at specific times, that's "work".

All due respect, but does your Guild raid? Does it do so on a set schedule? Does your raid have a timer before it disappears if you don't need it? My hunch is that this is exactly like that. Once opened by Guild officers, it will last a finite period of time until defeat or timer countdown ends.
  • Options

All due respect, but does your Guild raid? Does it do so on a set schedule? Does your raid have a timer before it disappears if you don't need it? My hunch is that this is exactly like that. Once opened by Guild officers, it will last a finite period of time until defeat or timer countdown ends.

You may have missed his point.
  • Options
    Perhaps the timer and the number of stars are connected?

If the guild finishes the sector in 1 day they get 3 stars, 2 stars in 2 days and 1 star if they make it before the 3 days are up. - Or something like that.
    With toon refresh once per day, that could actually be quite fair compared to the tier system we have in raids.
  • Options

That's cute, but incorrect. His point was obvious, but in the face of existing game design threatening to leave over something that already exists in multiple places is silly and makes his argument weaker.

Note: not necessarily a bad thing. Timers suck when you're first starting a new challenge endeavor...But it's hardly new to the game.
  • Options
    I've been playing since dec 15 so I'm not a new player complaining about things being a grind, but I am really dissuaded from playing because of this gXII announcement...

I realize the challenge gear is considered a non issue, but my concern is more in the raid specific gear, while some can be gotten from 8/9 nodes on LS/DS the drop rate is abysmal for the energy cost. 1 refresh, 12 attempts, yield 1-4 of an item you need 50 of...

While this seems all well and good, it still creates a near untenable grind when literally every character you are working on has to do this. Now I'm not asking for this to be easy, I just want a way to make it better instead of seeing 5 or so raids worth of loot Just go to waste because I don't need it for anything.

So please devs, if you're listening, I see you are adding a new shop, please do something about the rancor/AAT loots that just go to waste and give us a better way to reach gXI without spending crystals...
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    JaChuda wrote: »
    Wow. This is going to completely tear guilds apart.

Or make the game more competitive, which is a good thing. People crave a meta change but cannot cope with the change to reach it. I'm excited and can't wait to see how this plays out.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

That's cute, but incorrect. His point was obvious, but in the face of existing game design threatening to leave over something that already exists in multiple places is silly and makes his argument weaker.

Note: not necessarily a bad thing. Timers suck when you're first starting a new challenge endeavor...But it's hardly new to the game.

You did miss my point. As you suggested, there is already too much of the "you must play at set times" content in the game. Adding even more world be a frustrating choice, in my opinion.

These types of "must play at specific times" straws, will eventually break this proverbial camel's back.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I've been playing since dec 15 so I'm not a new player complaining about things being a grind, but I am really dissuaded from playing because of this gXII announcement...

I realize the challenge gear is considered a non issue, but my concern is more in the raid specific gear, while some can be gotten from 8/9 nodes on LS/DS the drop rate is abysmal for the energy cost. 1 refresh, 12 attempts, yield 1-4 of an item you need 50 of...

While this seems all well and good, it still creates a near untenable grind when literally every character you are working on has to do this. Now I'm not asking for this to be easy, I just want a way to make it better instead of seeing 5 or so raids worth of loot Just go to waste because I don't need it for anything.

So please devs, if you're listening, I see you are adding a new shop, please do something about the rancor/AAT loots that just go to waste and give us a better way to reach gXI without spending crystals...

"Crystals??" But.. but..
    60371080.jpg
  • Options

You did miss my point. As you suggested, there is already too much of the "you must play at set times" content in the game. Adding even more world be a frustrating choice, in my opinion.

These types of "must play at specific times" straws, will eventually break this proverbial camel's back.

I agree- but I think it's gear that will break it. But as for time you re spot on.
    Arena - might be the worst time for humans in this day and age.
    Flash events- a certain time with a time limit.
    Fleet arena- see arena
    Guild raids - to a lesser extent because one should be vocal about the timing.
    Energy refreshes have time limits as well.

• Options

giphy.gif

1zank4zcihx2.png

Ranking of guild
    Something else?

Well, either these territory battles are the answer to life, the universe and everything... Or the next unlockable toon will be Jackie Robinson.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

If I missed your point I wouldn't have been able to address it, which you have noted. As I said, I sincerely believe this is nothing more than a timer from the moment an officer starts the event perfectly inline with what we already have in place.

There's little wrong with that, but if one more timer is going to make you leave... I'm very sorry about that. A shame the same passion to quit wasn't there for any other of the myriad of problems the game has had and passed up to this moment.

I get it, I do. You don't want to feel compelled to spend a huge chunk of your day checking back into this game just to keep up...but that's how they make their revenue; by keeping the players invested. That's not likely to change.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP

... I have one concern, where are the DS heroes? Will there be new ones in territories that just are not teased yet or do we only have ls heroes to acquire?

I believe Hoth Vader is coming soon. LOL

Ins´t that the Vader, wearing a black suite and a black cape?? The one with the mask??

Yeah but he's got earmuffs and a scarf.
  • Options
    PLEASE MAKE A GEAR EXCHANGE OR FORGE. I have so much junk gear from doing all the daily things. It's so ridiculous how long it takes to get gear. This process needs a significant update.
  • Options

This is what I picture reading nearly every one of your posts
    tenor.gif

Lighten up.
  • Livenam
    17 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Is this a discussion or one upmanship. Such fragile egos!
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Good lord with all the characters people would love to see they just rerelease 3 more toons that are already in the game!? Seriously!?

Hermit Yoda sounds cool but cmon this is ridiculous we now have 3 Hans? And 0 jango fett :/ and plenty others

Just wait till they release "Old Man Han"
  • DABYX
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I quite like the idea of different versions, like collecting the figures.

But seeing as I'm gearing Empire agree there's a few too many rebels ;)

• DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Don't worry; we still have plenty of Imperials for introduction. We know they gift us toons in waves and passes. We still have Sandtrooper, Probe Droid, Endor Biker, CGI Tarkin, Admiral Motti (pre and post Force choked), and Lightning-Skeletoned Palpatine to look forward to!
  • Options
    Don't worry; we still have plenty of Imperials for introduction. We know they gift us toons in waves and passes. We still have Sandtrooper, Probe Droid, Endor Biker, CGI Tarkin, Admiral Motti (pre and post Force choked), and Lightning-Skeletoned Palpatine to look forward to!

Admiral Piett. Scout trooper. Tie bomber pilot.
  • DarthPicasso
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

giphy.gif

1zank4zcihx2.png

Ranking of guild
    Something else?

This. Honestly, the only thing that concerns me is the timer.

There are already more than enough things I have to do at certain times of the day - energy refreshes, arena payout, fleet arena payout, raids, flash events, etc.

Me too my friend. I already play one or two fleet battles and stop so I can go to the gym. Having two arena payouts back to back is just not ok for a "casual" mobile game. And no, I won't play this game at the gym, I'm there to workout and be healthy. I saw that timer and thought well kitten, there goes my career and my sleep. :D

Hopefully it's not all that bad once we see how it works.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    And I was hoping for Max Rebo and his band. Darnit!