Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum F2P date coming up?

Replies

• sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    sneeeky - whether it's a reasonable or unreasonable way to play doesn't change the fact that everything in the game but packs and crystals are free. Case closed.

Tautologies aren't an argument, but thank you for pointing out the obvious. If it doesn't cost money, it's free. Really. The discussion was free-to-play, you conviently drop the "play" part, as in play a game not whether it's technically possible just to be belligerent with your very first word to the OP.

I'm done replying to your posts, reading in other threads your posts always migrate to "I'm right and smart you're wrong and stupid, shut up".

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    Shipments ARE F2P. Everyone gets free crystals everyday

That's dishonestly obtuse. You know full well it's not viable for F2P to consistently farm a character from shipments
  • Options

That's dishonestly obtuse. You know full well it's not viable for F2P to consistently farm a character from shipments

It is not viable indeed. If you sacrifice your daily crystal income entirely for her it would still take you about 4-5 months to get her to 7*. If you were purchasing raid exclusive equipment from shipments, it will take you even longer to get gear her to G11.

Not all F2P are in elite guilds that complete multiple Heroic raids I in a week or get 1st place in Arena!
  • Options
    Saying FAT is free to play is like saying a Maserati is affordable to people working at McDonalds.
  • Options
    She was released early June and its only been 2 months, the release cadence is fully farmable after 3 months
  • Skylynx
    53 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    She was released end of May I think, maybe you're right. Either way not too far off from her supposed to be F2P.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Saying FAT AT(F) is free to play is like saying a Maserati is affordable to people working at McDonalds.

Soooooweeeeet dude! Maseratis are free! :#

tumblr_mfmi64IA3C1rgsziho1_500.gif

• ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Tautologies aren't an argument, but thank you for pointing out the obvious. If it doesn't cost money, it's free. Really. The discussion was free-to-play, you conviently drop the "play" part, as in play a game not whether it's technically possible just to be belligerent with your very first word to the OP.

1.) I wasn't belligerent with the OP because I never addressed the OP.
    2.) You conveniently ignore the part where I wrote "reasonable or unreasonable", which should indicate to you that I understand there is a smart way to play free and a dumb, unsustainable way to play for free, which should also alert you that I, as succinctly as possible, never conveniently dropped the "play" part. They call it Free To Play because it is, in fact, free to play. It is not called Free To Be At The Top Of The Rankings.
    I'm done replying to your posts, reading in other threads your posts always migrate to "I'm right and smart you're wrong and ****, shut up".
    Have a nice day.

Huh? You've been doing the very thing in this thread that you allegedly cannot stand. Irony is off the charts. If you make a good point, I'll agree or even change my mind. I don't ride a high horse. If you don't argue well, I won't, except that I won't say I'm right and smart and you're not. I like to keep things civil.

Thanks, I will have a wonderful day!
    Post edited by ColonelTravis on
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Skylynx wrote: »
    When they released their new release structure a few months ago, they did state that characters would go to shipments first, and then into in the Cantina, Galactic, or a Hard node, not that they SHOULD, but that they DO.
    scuba wrote: »
    Nah not really, anyhow she should move to Cantina, a Hard node or Galactic war this month I believe.

Fixed that for you.

Like they can't decide to deviate from the cadence? Minds and plans get changed all the time. There are no absolutes.
  • Options

Semantics. All the characters other than those released by special events (Thrawn, CLS, etc.) are eventually released in a farmable manner.....which means she will be too.
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Did they say they would follow the release cadence with her? Because they broke it with Phoenix, so anything is on the table.

They broke it by releasing them EARLY so they could be used for Thrawn event. So how is that relevant? It's not like they decided not to release Phoenix Squad or pushed them back.

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    When they released their new release structure a few months ago, they did state that characters would go to shipments first, and then into in the Cantina, Galactic, or a Hard node, not that they SHOULD, but that they DO.
    Nah not really, anyhow she should move to Cantina, a Hard node or Galactic war this month I believe.

Fixed that for you.

Like they can't decide to deviate from the cadence? Minds and plans get changed all the time. There are no absolutes.

9ab314de0ca0b1a2a1825d7e91fcbfe5e1064f9682c3f61e16c4c9db26e6c9c5.jpg
  • Options

It's really not that hard to get new characters if you plan for them. It's pretty easy to get shard shop tokens. I wanted Ahsoka so I started hoarding those. Then Thrawn came, and I burned them all on Phoenix characters to get him, as well as my buffer in the other shops. Even still, I think there has been enough time I can get Ahsoka to 6* through the shard shop. That means it will only be about 8k to finish her off through crystals, or about 2 weeks worth.

I can't get EVERY "PTP" character that comes through like that. But I have certainly been able to pick and choose a good selection of the ones I want and get them without paying any money.
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

By that ridiculous logic, EVERYONE is FTP. No dude, crystal only acquisition isnt FTP.

+1
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    After the end of these events, we are going to wait for approximately four to six week to move the characters to Chromium packs and/or relevant Category packs and/or the Shard Shop (we’re still designing this part of the deployment).
    From there, after another four to six weeks characters will move to either a Shipment or a node on the Light, Dark, or Cantina Battle tables

The shipment or node is what is meant by FTP.
  • Options

It's really not that hard to get new characters if you plan for them. It's pretty easy to get shard shop tokens. I wanted Ahsoka so I started hoarding those. Then Thrawn came, and I burned them all on Phoenix characters to get him, as well as my buffer in the other shops. Even still, I think there has been enough time I can get Ahsoka to 6* through the shard shop. That means it will only be about 8k to finish her off through crystals, or about 2 weeks worth.

I can't get EVERY "PTP" character that comes through like that. But I have certainly been able to pick and choose a good selection of the ones I want and get them without paying any money.

Ahsoka isn't in the shard shop. She's in shipments which costs crystals. Not a viable method for non-spenders to farm
  • Options

More viable than farming a character from one hard node.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It should be shard shop soon for a limited time. All the characters released in this new cadence have gone there (Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper, Nihilus, Gar Saxon, Imperial Super Commando). IF they stick to what they said.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

That was IN a pack.

Yep.
    However you can't obtain the ship as a f2p.

Yep.

Where are we going with this?

U said everything was ftp. It's clearly not. Obviously your mistaken.
  • Options

That was IN a pack.

Yep.

Yep.

I never said that. Go back and read what I wrote.
  • Options
    So many discussions on here devolve to to this point.. the term f2p when applied to toons does include shipment farming even if it isn't viable for most F2p players.

Possible but no practical.
  • Options
    Sorry, but they did in fact say that she wouldn't likely be following the standard release cadence. This wasn't in the forum, but it was either EA Jesse or CG TopHat in a podcast. I suspect she will be slower to get to something genuinely farmable (crystal shipments does not count, for all the reasons people have said). And there's no way she's going to a lower node in cantina, so they either have to expand to a new level of mission in hard mode or cantina or put her in a shop. I suspect she won't go to an existing shop but to the new shop for territory battles, since I'm expecting that to drop in the next few weeks anyway, which is when she's due. So I predict she will probably be joining Hoth Han, Hermit Yoda, and whatever gear 12 requires in the territory battle shop.
  • Options
    I think giving DN and her a shard shipment slot was their version of final release for farming. Doesn't seem to go with the character release cadence though...
  • Options
    I think giving DN and her a shard shipment slot was their version of final release for farming. Doesn't seem to go with the character release cadence though...

Devs already said she will come to shard shop.

I would bet she also gets a farming spot. Why break cadence for a mediocre toon?
  • Options

I would bet she also gets a farming spot. Why break cadence for a mediocre toon?

Where did they say she would be coming to shard shop? I hope you're right, just haven't seen that anywhere.
  • Options
    StillTRE wrote: »

Where did they say she would be coming to shard shop? I hope you're right, just haven't seen that anywhere.

"Ahsoka is making her mosey to the Shard shop, just not with the release."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/123359/content-update-7-26-2017-mega/p2
  • Options
    StillTRE wrote: »

"Ahsoka is making her mosey to the Shard shop, just not with the release."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/123359/content-update-7-26-2017-mega/p2

Awesome thanks dude! That post was about a month ago so could be any day now! Been hoarding for months.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Those saying shipments for crystal only, should say Chromiums are FTP as well, as an FTP could simply buy the packs :/ (I don't share this view).
  • Options
    I suspect fulcrum will go into fleet shipments as its hardest to farm

Since when it's harder than a single hard node??
  • Options
    Really looking for her!!

But for some reasonable farmable place.
  • Options

That was IN a pack.

Yep.

Yep.

I never said that. Go back and read what I wrote.

In fact you're both wrong.

Game actually is f2p, you can play it for free, you can also compete without spending a single dollar. As usual this economical model only relies upon a few players who will spend huge amount of cash, not necessarily to compete but to have an easy access to content.

What @ColonelTravis said was also wrong since you can easily rank #1 if you're a f2p player, f2p model has nothing to do with top ranking (that's p2w). An easier path doesn't mean players aren't going to the same place.

My wife has been regularly #1-6 and got enough gems to actually buy anything in shipments, including Fulcrum. She could have had such a toon at 7* the same way any Whale did, it's just a longer process. But in the end what does it change ingame ? Fulcrum isn't meta nor mandator in any content, as opposed to Thrawn who only needs us to farm Phoenixes.