September Login Reward

Prev13
Captain Phasma? Really? Unless there will be a strong push for first order and resistance in September I don't see the point? Especially since everyone will be farming rebels for the next month+.

Replies

• Options
    Yes we definitely needed this to be said. Thank you.
  • Options
    Where does it show this?

And shouldn't almost everyone have her at 7 star already? She's quite easy to farm.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Where does it show this?

And shouldn't almost everyone have her at 7 star already? She's quite easy to farm.

Here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129162/version-update-9-8-28-2017#latest
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    OH NO! The free stuff you're getting isn't good enough!

You understand that there are hundreds of people starting this game every day, right?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    OH NO! The free stuff you're getting isn't good enough!

You understand that there are hundreds of people starting this game every day, right?

Yes, and they would all benefit more from FO Stormtrooper or Pilot more than Phasma. Hard node toons.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Phasma is one of the easiest toons to farm in the game. Having her be the login character is just a waste.

Unless it's a new Phasma.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, we understand that people start everyday but we also realize that Phasma is one of the easiest characters to collect. There is no need for her to be a character of the month. She is typically the second character from GW shop collected after Lumi
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Where does it show this?

Here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129162/version-update-9-8-28-2017#latest

Weaksauce!

Unless they are about to do something big with First Order, specifically her, this is pretty weak as a login reward. As stated aboved, FO Stormtrooper and FO Pilot or even FO Officer would've been much better
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Daily login characters aren't about what's most beneficial, though.

Giving new players a free darkside leader is a huge improvement to their roster. I had Talia as my eadet forever because that was the only option I had until I'd beaten a whole bunch of Galactic Wars.
  • Options
    I was really disappointed
  • Options
    Are there people who are above let's say level 70 or 80 and depend on the daily login character shards? I mean I agree that a hard node character would probably be a better choice, but still.
  • Options
    Nic, that is 30 shards in 30 days. You get 30 shards in TWO days with galactic war. At a bare minimum you get 5 shards a day so SIX days to get 30. It's a waste
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    You're all assuming that the intention of the devs is to give us monthly login rewards that are otherwise difficult to obtain.
  • Options
    FO and Resistance are going to be big come December. I'd wager Oct/Nov daily logins will be FO/Resist in anticipation of the new movie.

Hopefully Phasma gets a small rework to go along with it.
  • Options
    I am a bit disappointed that it's Capt Phasma.

Any of the other First Order members would have been a much better choice.

Personally, I would have voted for FOSt or FOTP.

I'm hoping there's a reason why Phasma is for September. Other than probably a special FO Event.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    You're all assuming that the intention of the devs is to give us monthly login rewards that are otherwise difficult to obtain.

Historically, most (but not all) of the log-in characters were either A) Harder farms or B) Newly released or reworked characters. While "B" was usually the case, "A" was occasionally. The reason there are complaints is that Phasma is neither (as far as we know).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Historically, most (but not all) of the log-in characters were either A) Harder farms or B) Newly released or reworked characters. While "B" was usually the case, "A" was occasionally. The reason there are complaints is that Phasma is neither (as far as we know).

I would think there's a "C": relevant characters. As in they are gearing up for The Last Jedi. I wouldn't be surprised if Oct/Nov/Dec are also FO or Resistance characters.
  • Options
    What are you talking about, hardly anyone has Phasma and she's not easy to get! In other news, I heard the October login character is Jedi consular.
  • Options
    It's kind of funny how useless the login reward is.
  • Options

I'd assumed the purpose was to encourage us to log in daily ... in which case there would be about 100 or so better choices
  • Options
    Well she is in Last Jedi - maybe making sure everyone has her for when they start the Last Jedi push in the game?
  • Options
    Paligap wrote: »
    Well she is in Last Jedi - maybe making sure everyone has her for when they start the Last Jedi push in the game?

Think she will hit 3 minutes of screen time in the new movie? That would double her run time from FA. Brienne of Tarth was wasted.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I would think there's a "C": relevant characters. As in they are gearing up for The Last Jedi. I wouldn't be surprised if Oct/Nov/Dec are also FO or Resistance characters.

That's why I said "historically" - because, historically, "C" has not been the case.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    IMO, whole daily login is outdated, except for crystals. Credit rewards should increase, maybe added abilitie mats instead of training droids, last one being omega...

Ill keep on dreamin'
  • Options
    There's a Phasma novel out, too--or coming soon.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    Options

That women from GOT is overrated, Boba wanna be...
  • Options
    usho1 wrote: »

That women from GOT is overrated, Boba wanna be...

Cool story, bro.
  • Options
    I'm pretty happy its CP. I have 0 shards in this character because I just started a few months ago and all I have seen since I've been playing is the devs twisting everyone's arm to play rebels. She wasn't high priority on my farm list because there are a lot of light side characters in the GW shop the devs have made it obvious I need to farm, and ship shards all offer a better return on investment than farming first order.
  • Options
    While I would have preferred another toon she is at least less annoying than Farmboy Luke as login character.
  • Options
    I was expecting (hoping) for Hold Rebel Solder