September Login Reward

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There's a Phasma novel out, too--or coming soon.

Oh good - so the game has been reduced to a book commercial. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    21106451_1964320743845795_1577032016762360659_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e9819809715f825cf335927b8563b2a6&oe=5A5A1365
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Magmatrooper is only here to advertise Battelfront
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    I was expecting (hoping) for Hold Rebel Solder

Why would you expect this game to just spoon feed us something like that? You know everyone is frantically trying to farm him. Giving him away eliminates the potential for people to buy shards to farm him quicker.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Are you effing kidding me, dude? The entire franchise is a commercial.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Honestly how often is there a log in character that most long time players don't already have max starred? What are you guys expecting every month some long farm character? Have you been paying attention? Wedge, Veers and maybe JKA are the only favors I can remember getting from a log in reward toon
  • Options
    What a joke... A character that is easily farmed. Yet again thank you for nothing EA. You sure know how to pay back your paying customers.
  • Options
    What a joke... A character that is easily farmed. Yet again thank you for nothing EA. You sure know how to pay back your paying customers.

Well if they just gave you the best characters then you wouldn't be paying customers now would you? Business 101
  • Options

Haha again man why did you expect anything different. Sure I'd love it if they hooked us up with free shards that we need, but it's just not going to happen. Coming next month, QGJ! Enjoy!,
  • Options
    ReyCharles wrote: »

Haha again man why did you expect anything different. Sure I'd love it if they hooked us up with free shards that we need, but it's just not going to happen. Coming next month, QGJ! Enjoy!,

Very true my friend :)
    I know a lot of people take up for these people but in all of honesty they need to realize they make millions and put very little in this game. I know they will always be
  • Options
    I just have to say that I am glad it is CP and not CUP. :)
  • Options

You're a joke
  • Options
    Eather way no cls or thawn just pulp who most have at 7*
  • Options
    Sapient2k7 wrote: »
    I just have to say that I am glad it is CP and not CUP. :)

Actually, CUP could be handy, he may be required in a platoon! Gonna farm him to 7* just in case! :smile:
  • Options
    No hoth rebels because they are sticking a one time purchase pack with 55 shards of soldier and scout. Not going to rock the money boat.
  • Options
    Daily login characters aren't about what's most beneficial, though.

Giving new players a free darkside leader is a huge improvement to their roster. I had Talia as my eadet forever because that was the only option I had until I'd beaten a whole bunch of Galactic Wars.

You're not getting a free darkside leader. You're getting 35/50 of a darkside leader. And you can 7 star her from scratch well before you collect those shards if you cared. Its lame to waste a log in on such an easily obtained character.
  • ReyCharles
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

Giving new players a free darkside leader is a huge improvement to their roster. I had Talia as my eadet forever because that was the only option I had until I'd beaten a whole bunch of Galactic Wars.

You're not getting a free darkside leader. You're getting 35/50 of a darkside leader. And you can 7 star her from scratch well before you collect those shards if you cared. Its lame to waste a log in on such an easily obtained character.

Please remind me of all the times the login character wasn't someone easily obtained. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Honestly how often is there a log in character that most long time players don't already have max starred? What are you guys expecting every month some long farm character? Have you been paying attention? Wedge, Veers and maybe JKA are the only favors I can remember getting from a log in reward toon
    The best thing?

If the login character was a brand new character you would see an equal number of different people (and a couple of the same people) complaining that there are too many new characters and we need time to gear everything.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The best thing?

If the login character was a brand new character you would see an equal number of different people (and a couple of the same people) complaining that there are too many new characters and we need time to gear everything.

Yeah the last new login toon we got was Pao so....
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options

Please remind me of all the times the login character wasn't someone easily obtained. Thanks in advance

FOTP, Veers, and JKA from just my memory banks... You can always argue some toons are more easily obtained than others... but those were the ones that I recall being grateful to have received.
  • DarthVengeance
    83 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Shard shop Shards.. :)
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

FOTP, Veers, and JKA from just my memory banks... You can always argue some toons are more easily obtained than others... but those were the ones that I recall being grateful to have received.

Wedge too because I don't think know he was ftp at the time. Can't remember. But that said that is 4 months out of going on 2 years. People whining about log in toons need to move on.
  • Options

Wedge too because I don't think know he was ftp at the time. Can't remember. But that said that is 4 months out of going on 2 years. People whining about log in toons need to move on.

You say "whining" while I prefer... "I would like a more useful 'reward' than one that is literally farmable from 0-330 shards in less than 17 days." I like to call that "constructive feedback."
    There's absolutely a lot of hyperbole and unnecessary rage about the ENTIRE thing... but I'd personally appreciate it if all of the "stop whining and move on" type posts would stop as well. Constructive feedback and measured thoughtful responses should always be welcome. Imagine this utopic world
  • Options

You say "whining" while I prefer... "I would like a more useful 'reward' than one that is literally farmable from 0-330 shards in less than 17 days." I like to call that "constructive feedback."
    There's absolutely a lot of hyperbole and unnecessary rage about the ENTIRE thing... but I'd personally appreciate it if all of the "stop whining and move on" type posts would stop as well. Constructive feedback and measured thoughtful responses should always be welcome. Imagine this utopic world

Ummm...start farming FOTP and FOST if you haven't already?
  • Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

Ummm...start farming FOTP and FOST if you haven't already?

My FOTP is now 7* a piece away from g11... while FOST is 6* and not far off. But the point is well taken... those are MUCH harder farms and if either had been the monthly login toon, instead of Dylan Thomas on the forums, the Devs would be getting Shakespearian sonnets.
  • Options

Not trying to argue with you man, but I think the login characters are more for new players than anything else. A boost to help them on their way to getting farm able toons.

I would like better gear drop rates but that will never happen because?????? Less crystals spent on refresh. Easily farmed characters from daily login because???????? Less crystals spent on refresh.
  • Options

Not trying to argue with you man, but I think the login characters are more for new players than anything else. A boost to help them on their way to getting farm able toons.

Agreed - also not trying to pick a fight and I'd generally agree with you - login toons are meant to help newer players. My comment stands tho... Phasma along with the other toons in GW store, are the easiest farms in the game - they're always there, never rotate out, and refresh 4x a day. My point, and the point of many others, is this particular toon is one of the least helpful they could have offered for a player at any stage - new or old.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Part of it depends on how you define "easily". Here's the list:

http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/monthly-characters-for-the-daily-login/

The very first is FOTP - who has 2 hard nodes - both level 6 (16 energy). At the time, Cad wasn't in GW. As mentioned above, Wedge had been locked behind a paywall prior to his log-in rewards. Veers is only hard nodes. Chopper is only Cantina shop. Several are cantina-only (so they are mutually exclusive and limit mod farming).

In summary - several.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It would be really cool if we could vote between 2 or 3 toons for the monthly log in.