Rey's last name?

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Skywalker
    Wish I never read this thread I haven't seen the bloody film but now I know Han dies oh bugger
    Guess widget could've put "spoiler" on his reply, but since that was #8 on his list why did you keep reading past the first few??

And why are you reading threads about the movie? And, it's been out for months so why haven't you seen it yet???
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Solo
    If you havent seen the movie why are you reading a thread where we speculate about a characters heritage?
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Skywalker
    If you havent seen the movie why are you reading a thread where we speculate about a characters heritage?
    Well Widget, at least we agree on that! ;)

• Options
    Solo
    There are a few things in the movie that lead me to believe she is kylos twin.
    1. In the books I believe Leia and Han had twins. 2. When kylo is informed there is a girl helping poe and finn he gets very interested and says something to the effect of "what girl?" Why would this be included if it wasn't important.
    3.there are a few times on the falcon that Rey and Han finish each others sentences.
    4. When kylo captures Rey he tells her han may be like a father to you, but he would just let you down.
    5. Maz asks Han "who is the girl?" And then the scene is interrupted. This must be important if it was included.
    6. Han calls Luke "kid" several times. He also calla Finn "kid"several times. He never calls Rey kid. It would be too obvious of a clue.
    7. Rey takes control of the falcon after Hans death to keep it in the family.
    8. Rey is present when Han is killed and there is no real reason for her to be there except to witness this.
    9. Leia emotionally hugs Rey who is basically a stranger .
    10. Kylo and Rey are very evenly matched in force battles they engage in. She also keeps up with a light sabers with no training. They look to be a similar age and also have similar coloring.
    What do you guys think? Do I winz the monies?

+1!

My thoughts as well... Also Maz says something about seeing the same eyes over the years and the camera switches through both Rey and Hans eyes very quickly... Maz has past Stories with Han, more likely she was speaking of Han instead of Luke.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Solo
    High five rolf!
  • Options
    Solo
    Also one more thing... At the end Is Luke standing before a small grave headstone?

Looks like a grave marker near his feet he is facing it before turning to Rey.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Solo
    Let me check the source video really quickly and I'll get back
  • Options
    Solo
    It looks like a tombstone, but if you look at the next angle it appears to be an elongated rock pointing towards Luke's back. There was so much going on I didn't notice it's almost conclusively the jedi temple that Luke is occupying. I also didn't really notice how pained Rey looks in the last few shots.
  • Options
    Solo
    It looks like a tombstone, but if you look at the next angle it appears to be an elongated rock pointing towards Luke's back. There was so much going on I didn't notice it's almost conclusively the jedi temple that Luke is occupying. I also didn't really notice how pained Rey looks in the last few shots.

Sweet thanks for the info/ input... And fast on the reply!

My first thought when I saw it was that it was a child's grave, and maybe it was Luke's kid ( that he thought was dead, but maybe is Rey)... But then as a Jedi Master he would have felt her death like Leia ( not a master) felt Hans.

I have since come most of the same conclusions as you have... Rey is Ben's sister the daughter of Han and Leia Solo and granddaughter of Anakin Skywalker a.k.a. Darth Vader!

*Oh yeah...spoiler alert*
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Skywalker
    How long till the next movie and we get to find out? :D
    Ok you Solo folks, explain to me this:
    Han Solo. The guy that came back to the Death Star battle, that rode out into the Hoth night to save Luke, that volunteered for the suicide mission to Endor, that always comes through and *stands by his people* to the end. Historically in the movies and books prior to E4, even when smuggling and being a scoundrel, he always chooses to free the slaves, save lives, etc.
    --HOW does that guy abandon his *only remaining child* on a nowhere planet, and never even checks up on her!?!?!?!-- (Or he would've known where the darn Falcon was.) He didn't even chase after her when Kylo captured her to his ship!
    I'm telling you. It. Just. Can't. Be.
  • Options
    Solo
    We know the falcon was stolen. Maybe she was lost during that event. There is a huge gap to fill there, so she could be lost in almost infinite ways. If they mentioned that the solos lost a daughter that would pretty much give it away, so nothing was mentioned?
  • Options
    None of the above
    Rey Gunray, I repeat. For sure. Daisy's nose has a slightly fishyness to it.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Skywalker
    Reasonable, Widget. But doesn't explain why she doesn't remember the Solos, or why they aren't more protective of her when they finally find her.
  • Options
    Solo
    Ok... If she was Leia and Hans, she would have been born about the time Ben/Kylo was nine years old... Jedi children usually go to train at a young age(3-4 years old). At about 3 yrs old she would have left her parents for the Jedi temple, she was abandoned at about 5 yrs old.
    So for a year or two she trained as a Jedi like her brother, Ben becomes Kylo around 13-14 yrs old and temple is attacked and falls, Rey is about 5 yrs old, she is saved by another Jedi or someone at the temple who is good while Luke fights Kylo they escape... This person knows Ben/Kylo will chase her down so he hides her then takes off, I think Kylo catchs up with the ship we see in Rey's memory and destroys it... Possibly in front of Han Luke or Leia, leading them to believe she was dead.
    All these years later they have only focused on Ben/Kylo cause he remains alive and making trouble, Han and Leia have long ago stopped speaking about their daughter the pain of it and all the Kylo stuff would have separated them.

Atleast this is in part what I imagine.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Skywalker
    That's quite good. But then why no big deal/celebration when they find her? I know they're all worried about the whole First Order plan, but they just found their long-lost, presumed-dead daughter and don't say boo? It's a stretch.
  • Options
    Solo
    I don't belive Han and Leia would immediately think Rey is their daughter, they belive their child died. Rey is just some kid who happened to find the Falcon and BB-8, the pain look from Leia and the hugging of a unknown girl are because Rey's presence reminds Leia that, had her own daughter still lived she would be about the same age as Rey.
    Leia wouldn't just tell a young lady she just meets, " Hey my daughter died when she was 5 yrs old, her older brother turned evil and killed her. But! If she didn't die then maybe your my daughter who somehow didnt die and has been living on a desert planet all this time!"
    Now I'm sure Leia would/will be stoked to find this out... Later. Just not immediately after meeting Rey. Who's to say Leia wasn't thinking this but doesn't want to say until she learns more about Rey, it would be strange to ask Rey this, how would Rey know? She never says she is waiting for family or parents, she is waiting for her people she says. Which could mean she was at the Jedi temple at a young age and she wasn't abandoned by her biological family, they wouldn't have been at the temple save for Luke...who was getting his Jedi **** kicked by a group of bad guys. So the people Rey is waiting for are Jedi or friends of the family, who probably died before letting the Solos know she was safe.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Rey Hutt
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Skywalker
    That's pretty good, USA. Two things though:
    -Han at least knew something, or they wouldn't have cut out on that scene with Maz. He may not have been sure enough to say something to Rey, but he would've been more concerned about her capture, and more interested in her rescue.
    -It's a good story, but I think it might be too complex for a Star Wars movie. It's more the convoluted plot line you'd see in a novel or a protracted game like Kotor, but might not be accessible enough in a two hour movie, most of which is taken up by action. I just can't see a group of screenwriters sitting around pitching it. But who knows? The Star Wars fan base is older now, so maybe they'd go for it!
  • Options
    Solo
    Well, the story arc was set up in the first act. They have act two and three to pull off the whole story. Seems like a good possibility to me. However Rey gets "lost" I'm fairly confident that we have at least the framework figured out. At least its better than the obi wans daughter theory.
  • Options
    Solo
    I kinda hoped she was gonna be a Kenobi...but I'm sure she's a Solo, possiblly maybe a Skywalker.

Anyways... can't hardly wait till we see/learn more!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Skywalker
    Holy shot theres a Rey Ban ? Rey Rey ? Gunray ?

These
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Rey is actually her last name. Her first name is Nerf.

OMG THIS! XD

But seriosuly though, people still dont have a 7* Rey.. just wait till then, oh the nightmare!
  • Options
    Solo
    Raven wrote: »
    Holy shot theres a Rey Ban ? Rey Rey ? Gunray ?

These
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Rey is actually her last name. Her first name is Nerf.

OMG THIS! XD

But seriosuly though, people still dont have a 7* Rey.. just wait till then, oh the nightmare!

Lol... I was thinking about Ban as an option.

And my Rey is only 4* now but she hits like a train!! Can't wait to unlock her other two nodes, then someday she will be 7* and all will call her Rey Nerf!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Skywalker
    Captain Phasma is her mom. Calling it now. Phasma is supposed to have a bigger (helmet off) role in the next movie.
  • Options
    Skywalker
    USAmazing wrote: »

Lol... I was thinking about Ban as an option.

And my Rey is only 4* now but she hits like a train!! Can't wait to unlock her other two nodes, then someday she will be 7* and all will call her Rey Nerf!

Wait what? You just unlocked her from 1 node?

I daily uses 2 of her 3 Hard node, still far away (56/80) to unlock her.. :(

Regardless of her strength, i just want her because its Rey! :)
  • Options
    Solo
    Anyone else feel like she is destined to own a double ended lightsaber? It seems like her "staff" in the movie is too long, but perfect length for a maul type Saber.
  • Options
    None of the above
    Her last name isn't Solo.... yet. But it will be.
  • Options
    Anyone else feel like she is destined to own a double ended lightsaber?

+1
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Skywalker
    Captain Phasma is her mom. Calling it now. Phasma is supposed to have a bigger (helmet off) role in the next movie.
    Is Phasma even still alive? Not only did they throw her in a trash compactor, but didn't the whole planet explode? I guess she could've made it out.
  • Options
    Solo
    There are a few things in the movie that lead me to believe she is kylos twin.
    1. In the books I believe Leia and Han had twins. 2. When kylo is informed there is a girl helping poe and finn he gets very interested and says something to the effect of "what girl?" Why would this be included if it wasn't important.
    3.there are a few times on the falcon that Rey and Han finish each others sentences.
    4. When kylo captures Rey he tells her han may be like a father to you, but he would just let you down.
    5. Maz asks Han "who is the girl?" And then the scene is interrupted. This must be important if it was included.
    6. Han calls Luke "kid" several times. He also calla Finn "kid"several times. He never calls Rey kid. It would be too obvious of a clue.
    7. Rey takes control of the falcon after Hans death to keep it in the family.
    8. Rey is present when Han is killed and there is no real reason for her to be there except to witness this.
    9. Leia emotionally hugs Rey who is basically a stranger .
    10. Kylo and Rey are very evenly matched in force battles they engage in. She also keeps up with a light sabers with no training. They look to be a similar age and also have similar coloring.
    What do you guys think? Do I winz the monies?

They aren't twins because kylo is like 30 and Rey is in her early 20s. I think this has been confirmed cause kylo was conceived right after the OT. I think Leia got pregnant around the time kylo went crazy and everyone split up.

Her being a Skywalker would tear apart Star Wars lore and either her or Luke would have to turn evil in the next movie(s).

Which I think Rey turning evil in the end and leaving the force in darkness like anakin did and kylo having a strong redemption arch would be the best story possible. Especially because I'm pretty sure we're gunna have 12 episodes in the end and ending this one on a good note would be awkward.

But it's Disney and they're trying to cover their past sexism today with strong female leads so I think it's unlikely.
  • Options
    Solo
    Rolf wrote: »
    Is Phasma even still alive? Not only did they throw her in a trash compactor, but didn't the whole planet explode? I guess she could've made it out.

pics or it didnt happen. in american movies, if you havent seen the body, they arent dead. han = dead. They didnt even say for sure that they put her in the compactor.