How on earth do I beat 7* Yoda challenge

Replies

• Options
    I need 1 more 5* Jedi to enter stage 5. I have a 4* star Anakin but he's very slow to promote.

Don't use Anakin! If any Jedi die, Anakin's ability means he gets offense up, which Yoda then takes for his own and then passes on to the team you have to beat. It's a disaster. If Yoda already has one-hit kills at times, imagine what he has with offense up.
  • CrossXcalibur
    98 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Watching Yoda attack you six to seven times in a row killing two to three units is depressing.
  • Options
    Just got it today with a lv 67 squad.

No, you dont need bariss, you need luck, tremendous ammount of.
  • Options
    Not before Thursday...next month I'll have him at 5* at least, maybe 6*.
  • Options
    Can proudly say I finally got him at seven star. Gonna go cry somewhere now.
  • Kairav
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Anyone have a tip for 5*? I'm using 6* GL7 Lumi, 5* GL5 QGJ, 5* GL4 Tano, 5*GL5 Mace, and either 6* GL4 JC or 5* GL4 Kit. When very lucky I have gotten him to prolly 25% or so.
  • Options
    I'm level 65 and F2P. Finally unlocked him this morning with...

7* GL 8 Luminara (Max) (LEAD)
    5* GL 8 Jedi Consular (Max)
    5* GL 7 Mace Windu (lvl 63)
    5* GL 6 Eeth Koth (lvl 58)
    5* GL 6 Jedi Guardian (lv 50)

The guardian ended up dying but meh. Luminara's lead ability was helpful but not crazy awesome or anything. Also never got Exposed to line up - Yoda either resisted it or had Foresight up when it worked. Just hammered Yoda down with basic attacks and healed when needed. Avoided using any CDs except for Mace's "Smite" and Consular's "Attack as Defense" due to Yoda's high tenacity and extra turn meter on resist.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Kairav wrote: »
    Anyone have a tip for 5*? I'm using 6* GL7 Lumi, 5* GL5 QGJ, 5* GL4 Tano, 5*GL5 Mace, and either 6* GL4 JC or 5* GL4 Kit. When very lucky I have gotten him to prolly 25% or so.
    @Kairav uhh, the 5* one? I have to admit I barely got it as Yoda pulled some lucky kills on me, but then again, that was the first try and I was messing around a bit. Strategy-wise I would say "try again", it won't go south two times in a row.

EDIT: oh wow, hold on a sec... you really need to improve on those gear levels. No idea what level you're on, but at least full gear level 6 would be welcome.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073 Yea I'm only lvl 55 so I'll prolly have to wait til next time he comes around..if that's in a month I might be able to get him at 6*, but atm i have so few items! this weekend I'm gonna farm the heck out of those challenges.
  • Options
    @Kairav Ahh, I see. Good job on getting Lumi so high at that level. And don't forget to spread the gear around. :)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073 GOT HIM! Got really lucky and upgraded my team to this:

6* GL7 Lumi

5* GL6 Tano

5* GL5 QGJ (only missing 1 item)

5* GL5 Kit (only missing 1 item)

5* GL5 Mace

• Options
    I'm going to be literally 10 QGJ shards off of having him at 5* sad day
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Stage 7 keep retreating until he has Bariss as a companion. Burn the other, bring her dangerously low. She will equalize health dropping Yoda nearly 50%. Burn her low again, after the 2nd equalize, Yoda has a sliver, easy kill.

I actually tried this and every time I got Barriss Yoda went balistic on me with crits, ended up winning with Lumi and Asoka as his companions, killed lumi, ignored Asoka and went for Yoda, alot of luck was involved.
  • Options
    Nope nkt yet, second run maybe
    the cake is a lie
  • Roger
    0 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi I'm new here and I am wondering if anyone else is having issues defeating Yoda on the level 5 Jedis to get the remaining 45 shards needed to get the Yoda character. I get him in the red w 2 Jedis left with both having close to full energy and all of a sudden he kills both with out suffering any damage. This has happened a few times to me. Does anyone have any advise for me? Maybe I'm doing something wrong here
    Post edited by Roger on
  • Options
    Hi all, new to the forums...

I've been reading on here about the Yoda challenge, and how the best Jedi leader is either Lumi for the evasion, or Bariss for the health. Has anyone tried out having Ahsoka Tano as leader - she has 14% evasion for all jedi (Lumi only 13%) and she gains 25% turn meter when she evades - that could help with her poor speed too.

Just a thought - since many F2P players don't get to 'choose' their five jedi, it's normally just the ones they already levelled, or half levelled. For me, I went for Ahsoka, but since she has this pretty decent looking leader ability, I thought it may have some legs for the yoda challenge.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I think most people would rather have s secondary effect of a passive heal on all toons than turn meter gain on one toon.

But, give it a shot and let us know. :)
  • Options
    Kairav wrote: »
    @Sticare_Courts_0073 GOT HIM! Got really lucky and upgraded my team to this:

6* GL7 Lumi

5* GL6 Tano

5* GL5 QGJ (only missing 1 item)

5* GL5 Kit (only missing 1 item)

5* GL5 Mace

Congratz! :) I reckon that might be a pretty fine arena team on a younger server. Maybe QGJ lead with Yoda to let him go bonkers on speed. :wink:
  • Options
    I don't even want him. I was concentrating on building a new team when this Yoda "event" started and it is designed for whales and spenders only. I have 1 7* Jedi, 1 6* Jedi and 4 4* Jedi. To even get the 5* Yoda, I would have to star 3 heroes from 4-5. Something had me thinking from the beginning that the challenges would be hard and just bare minimum 5* heroes wouldn't be enough to complete the challenge. I'd have to level up those characters, gear those characters.. and these are heroes I'm not interested in using, except for 1 challenge. And that's to get 1 5* Yoda.. not even a 7*. That's another month or 2 of grinding (for mostly F2P) to get to that level... and it sounds like that final battle is hard so I'm glad I never even wasted my time with it.
    One thing I've noticed about Arena is that, now that players can view the whole opponents team, players without all 7* heroes are targeted more often than others. So even if I had a 5* Yoda, I prob wouldn't use him in Arena because I would be targeted more than others. That also helped me make my decision too.
  • Options
    Just don't have enough high-starred jedi to get it done this time. Maybe next time.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    I think I've decided I'll avoid him for a while... I got the 4 star anakin pack but honestly it doesn't seem worth it to get everyone up to 7 stars... and what's the point of a Yoda without a 7 star yoda?
  • Options
    That's true, although my hope is that having Lumi, Ashoka and Barriss (along with QGJ and Eeth) will give me enough heals anyway - plus Lumi's passive heal is quite low I think (like 400ish?)

I will try it out and report back - but not until the next event since I can only make it to the 6* event this time
  • Options
    I made it with qgj, lumi, fisto, ashoka, jc,
    As its been said before me, its more beneficial to have heal over time on all toons, than turn meter gAin on one, and the 1% more evade is meh.

I wasnt particulary happy with ashoka tho, but my ayala is at 6* 78 shard q_q so she was off the chart..

• Options
    7 star Yoda is just dumb. The number of attacks he gets is silly and he and his team resist everything. Not a fun event.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Will there be a replacement event or will only the credit and training droid events remain? How often will we get new events? I think it would be cool if there were weekly events, even if its something like they just remove the energy cost from the credit event and make it playable 5 times each day.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    I ran QGJ lead and finally won. Heard Lumi lead works too. Took a million tries and was very frustrating...good luck!
  • Options
    for start u calm down and start typing small letters and i might tell u
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I beat him with a worse team and two of my toons weren't even level 70 nor full gear.

Basically, don't use special attacks that he can resist, don't buff yourself early in the fight and space out you healers to take turns healing up the group. RNG will need to be on your side and I recommend Lumi as a leader for damage avoidance and constant heals. Don't use special attacks on Yoda, burn down his helpers then focus on him. Don't waste powerful attacks when you know he will dodge them.

It takes a bunch of attempts, but stick with it.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    I'll miss it...especially because I just missed it. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    They did say the yoda event would return and they would have similar events in the future.
    I think the next rumored one is scoundrel themed