[Dev comment] rumor of GG for talzin event

Replies

• Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »
    No excuse not to have GG. I've had him 7* for months, never got him from Shard Shop, Fleet Shipments all the way. I'm F2P, and patient. Same way I got Maul, Cody, echo, and Vader (except for some achievement rewards) all to 7* without paying a dollar.

GG still sucks, but that doesn't matter when you're a collector and completionist. Every toon, every star, every gear, EVERY ABILITY, EVERY MOD, EVERY EVENT, EVERY MIDICHLORIAN!!!

Maybe not the midochlorians. Still not s fan that anakin is Space Jesus. I'll stick with the good ol' fashion classic story of underdog rising above in the face of destiny shtick.

So I guess that means you also have every single ship available in fleet at 7*, and you have every zeta ability available? No? You did say EVERY ABILITY didn't you?

Or did you mean that you had to make choices like everybody else, and you chose GG? Whereas somebody else's choice to work on something different might be equally valid?

If you don't have Gerbil Greevishnuss by now, you are a scrubbity dubbity. Clearly.
  • Options
    So I guess that means you also have every single ship available in fleet at 7*, and you have every zeta ability available? No? You did say EVERY ABILITY didn't you?

Or did you mean that you had to make choices like everybody else, and you chose GG? Whereas somebody else's choice to work on something different might be equally valid?
    You can't upgrade an ability if you don't have the character.

And calm down. You really need Geonosian Spy's ship at 7*? I've got Biggs, Wedge, Rex, Sgt, Ahsoka, Consular, Vader, Plo Koon, 5s and Geonosian Soldier at 7*, a handful at 6*, and a couple more at 5*. Even most of those aren't needed, I've just been investing in them to improve my ship Deployment and platoon capabilities. At some point you can take a break and farm a character from fleet.

Speaking of which, I've farmed Ezra, Chirrut, Rex, Vader all up to 7*, the 7th star of Grievous, and Fulcrum Ahsoka nearly up to 6* (70/85) as well as 8 zeta'd characters. The highest I've ever been in fleet arena is 85, and that was just recently, meaning I usually got 1200 a day, some days 1000 if someone sniped me, and the last couple days 1250.

Folks are talking about farming Grievous like doing it will cause them to go blind or something. You've got time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Folks are talking about farming Grievous like doing it will cause them to go blind or something. You've got time.

No. People are saying they didn't choose to farm Grievous and you are telling them there's no excuse. And that's kitten. Sure, anybody could have chosen to do so. But there are plenty of reasons people may not have done so. And it's not an excuse.

Not sure what you mean by "you've got time" either. Grievous shows up in fleet about once a week for me. Nobody who hasn't been farming him is getting him to 7* by the end of the month.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    Just start farming him now to hedge your bets. Sure it's just a rumor, but a fair share of rumors have been correct. PX needed for Thrawn was leaked pretty well in advance. GG makes sense as an enemy given their history in TCW and CG likes having enemies unlock stuff. Using NS also makes sense given login and rework...or neither one is correct because she's marquee and in that case you just need $$$! :)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

No. People are saying they didn't choose to farm Grievous and you are telling them there's no excuse. And that's kitten.
    I know we've all got generic face avatars, but take a look at the things I've said--I've never said there's no excuse.

I've said that after all this time of people saying Grievous is trashgarbageawfulnoexcusetolive mudkips tier character we've got the right to thumb our noses and say "Nyah, nyah, nyah" but that's not the same as saying there's no excuse.

I've also said that he's not a hard farm now, but I did him when he was. That's when I also mention that I have spent a little on the game (Been playing since February 2016, maybe late January, I don't remember and have spent about $200 in total) but am by no means a whale. All of this is to say that it's very possible to do these things for free. The only context in which I'll say there's "no excuse" is to say that most folks' excuses boil down to "I didn't wanna," which is totally fair--I still have Anakin at 40/80 to unlock and he's a super easy farm which would have helped my jedi team immensely, but I didn't do it because I didn't want to. But when people trot out the "He's trash" excuses, then I get tetchy.

Also this is all a big moot point because it's all speculation that at least one developer has said is misplaced. So why are people still getting mad about this anyway? A bunch of jerks made up a rumor and then gaslighted a bunch of marks into thinking it was real. So how come the discussion is about how hard it is to farm Grievous and not about how gullible a whole bunch of people are?
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

No. People are saying they didn't choose to farm Grievous and you are telling them there's no excuse. And that's ****.
    I know we've all got generic face avatars, but take a look at the things I've said--I've never said there's no excuse.

Ok. I jumped into the thread at the point that somebody said there's no excuse for not having him. I was responding to that person. And you then defended that person's POV, so forgive me for attributing it to you.
  • Options
    GG????? I'm still trying to get Chaze after more than a year of playing!!!!!
  • Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Farming GG is a luxury for most, unless you spend a ton of real dough in the game and there is nothing left for you to purchase in fleet shop.
    But that's what I'm saying. I did it without paying. Sure, I only have 8 zetas and others have 12 or more, but I did it and I've done it with only 1200 a day. It's completely doable, folks just make up their minds that it isn't worth doing and then create elaborate rationalizations as to why it isn't, and then when something like this comes up (Or, as the case may be, DOESN'T come up because it's all gaslighting and rumors) they feel cheated.
    GG????? I'm still trying to get Chaze after more than a year of playing!!!!!
    Ha! I hear you there... I got Chirrut up to 7* a long time ago, but I'm still about 20 away from getting Baze to 6*... Such a long grind!
  • Options
    I slow farmed him and have him at 34 / 100. Only hit the shard shop a few times.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Wait till they release info.

Contemplate possibility to get her.

Can? Go ahead and try for it.

Can't? Go back to doing whatever you were doing.

Get Talzin next time.

Not hard.

• Options
    Hopefully update tomorrow. And puts this all to rest. At least there's no talk of Jango.
  • Options
    It will not require GG because I have him 7*. The game always requires toons I don't have finished yet.
  • Options
    It will not require GG because I have him 7*. The game always requires toons I don't have finished yet.

LMAO same dude.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Omega_S021 wrote: »

LMAO same dude.

In that case @Daggerofmortis and @Omega_S021 thank you! He is the only charater that is "farmable" that I don't even have unlocked!
  • Options
    This has been confirmed by another source than CG which I personally put a lot of faith in
    Then cite your source or shut up.

Because I have an even better source that I put even more faith in that the requirement will be Dathcha and IG-88, but you need to have had them undergo a fusion dance sort of thing which is incredibly rare. I managed to finish it a couple months ago and you can google the process, but I had that same deep, deep source within CG with whom I put so much even more faith than you have in yours guide me through it.

IMG_0131_zpsbbtk7aol.png

You are trying too hard to be funny, it's not working dude
  • Options
    When we are gonna get a proper answer for this??
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Lol.. soon. But hopefully today. And maybe get some info on logray and paploo (chant it with me: new ewoks in arena and gw stores, new ewoks in arena and gw stores.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Lol.. soon. But hopefully today. And maybe get some info on logray and paploo (chant it with me: new ewoks in arena and gw stores, new ewoks in arena and gw stores.

new ewoks in arena and gw stores, new ewoks in arena and gw stores
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

new ewoks in arena and gw stores, new ewoks in arena and gw stores

You my boy Scube!
  • Svo
    62 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you get these toons, because their not your wife, your kids, your friends, or your relatives, in other words it doesn't matter. Play this for fun, but enjoy your real life....I know your going to say you do, but if your freaking about this your not enjoying....this is my new mantra lol
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    Options
    gflegui wrote: »
    GG is farmable since a very long time. No excuses to dont have him!

How about the excuse that he isnt good and there are better ways to spend shard shop currency!

That is not an excuse. Is just your personal choice. Better ways to spend... you do not know the devs here. There is not better way to spend than unlocking new toons! Maybe you wont be number 1 in arena, but you will alleays have the last meta toon!

I think the fact that he has been a poo toon for so long is an excellent excuse why people haven't farmed him.

I started farming him from fleet shipments because, I kinda like GG as a star wars toon - not a toon in this game. Almost have him to 7* but lacked the effort to gear him - because of his poor kit as a toon in this game - and there are way better toons to gear up than GG, that is an absolute fact.

But everyone should have seen a separatist need in the future for an event like this - just came sooner than I was expecting is all.

Oh well.
  • Options
    At this point with tb it's a gotta catch em all if you're in that lucky position. That being said GG is still bottom of the list for me. Nothing to do with his kit or character - just a too long of a farm and I rather have the gauntlet or carbs from shard shop lol
  • Options

No. People are saying they didn't choose to farm Grievous and you are telling them there's no excuse. And that's kitten. Sure, anybody could have chosen to do so. But there are plenty of reasons people may not have done so. And it's not an excuse.

Not sure what you mean by "you've got time" either. Grievous shows up in fleet about once a week for me. Nobody who hasn't been farming him is getting him to 7* by the end of the month.

this game is all about choices and IMO there is no wrong choice on who to farm as long as you are having fun!
    if you choose to drop many crystals, it's easily doable to farm GG in a matter of days. he is in fleet and shard, both can be refreshed with crystals, and shard currency can be indirectly bought with crystals.
  • Options
    GG is farmable since a very long time. No excuses to dont have him!

I put this in google translate and it said it was unrecognizable. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    For once I have no sympathy for non-farmers. I started farming GG as soon as he appeared in fleet store. Never from shard store. I assumed I would regret it if I didn't. At the time I assumed a rework and Nute Gunray capital ship were on the horizon. Why else would he be in fleet store. Anyhoo have had him at 7 star for a few months now just waiting for the rework.
  • Options
    The best thing about this- we re laughing or crying at ourselves and other people about gg that is a complete unfounded rumor lol
  • Options
    The best thing about this- we re laughing or crying at ourselves and other people about gg that is a complete unfounded rumor lol

Yeah... though I will say it was not a denied rumor. Kozi just pointed out that there is no basis for this other than lore-inspired speculation
This discussion has been closed.