An old foe reveals their true face [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I do wonder why everyone thinks it is a dark side character. Why can't it be Hondo? He was a foe in the clone wars yet he did help them out also. Maybe an upcoming scoundrel rework?
  • Weaver9000
    202 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Vala411 wrote: »
    I do wonder why everyone thinks it is a dark side character. Why can't it be Hondo? He was a foe in the clone wars yet he did help them out also. Maybe an upcoming scoundrel rework?

But hondo didn't actually change. He remains a conniving pirate. Revealing their true face is quite a dramatic gesture.

Also "old" in this case could be a double entendre for "former" (again, to me suggesting Kallus).

He could even be the first dark side rebel. (Though I doubt it).
    Post edited by Weaver9000 on
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    If it is a KOTOR character I would be pumped. My only fear is that the time frame is so tight between Nov 1 and TLJ release in December that it would be a quick one-off event.
  • Options
    I'm going with Kylo or Phasma. More likely it's Kylo since he actually takes his helmet off. We haven't seen Phasma without her helmet yet.

Or it could be old man Vader... ijs
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Well I'm sticking with Darth Traya idea. She's an old foe in every sense; We've fought her before, she's an old woman and she's from the old republic. Revealing her true identity ties in with her character being Kreia and then revealing herself as a Sith Lord. Also the fact they use 'their' as gender neutral to not reveal if it's male or female could imply it's female. It also ties in with the Secrets and Shadows assault battle giving out Old Republic Sith shards.

That would be super cool, and Darth Sion too
  • Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    Nihilus is Snoke. Opens the gates for all Disney products to go back to the Old Republic. It would be such a smart play.

I have no doubt Snoke is an acient character from the Old Republic era, but there is no way he is Nihilus. Plus that would be lame. Bring something new to the table instead to open new possibilities.

Haha, just to confirm in the generic context of Star Wars movie themes of Skywalkers and Death Star regurgitation, my sentence fits into the "lame" quadrant of things? Please master story teller, show us your lengthy writing credentials:
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    It makes no sense for Nihilus to be Snoke unless they completely rewrite his character, in which case they might as well make an entirely new character, which is what they did.
  • Options
    Darth jar jar for sure
  • Options
    what about a spirt qui gon ? it would fit with the halloween theme and yoda does say an old friend has emerged at the end of ep 3
  • Options
    How about robot legs maul, as he is an old foe that showed his true face upon blinding Kanan.

But what I actually want is Chancellor Palpatine. An old friend who gets revealed to be the mastermind sith, this showing his true face
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Well I'm sticking with Darth Traya idea. She's an old foe in every sense; We've fought her before, she's an old woman and she's from the old republic. Revealing her true identity ties in with her character being Kreia and then revealing herself as a Sith Lord. Also the fact they use 'their' as gender neutral to not reveal if it's male or female could imply it's female. It also ties in with the Secrets and Shadows assault battle giving out Old Republic Sith shards.

Woow, i am currently playing KOTOR 2 for the first time and i have just learnt about Darth Traya. I directly saw a connection with the "old foe" thing so i checked here and... I think you are totally right!
    I will be so happy if she is added and i am glad i did not read your post before playing KOTOR today eheh
  • Options
    It says old foe. Foe usually makes u think darkside so most likely a darkside character but guess foe could also mean enemy of darkside but my money is on darkside char. Definitely not snoke tho. By old foe its gonna be someone we have dealt with already n snoke is a new foe. Dont think they are referencing their age lol.
  • Options
    what about Bounty hunter assajj with hair
  • Options
    Not sure it would be this but purely for speculation...

‘An old foe reveals their true face’

Could it be Jango? Boba is an old foe and his true face belongs to jango - bit of a long shot but there you go!
  • Options
    Maybe it's the Spirit of Anakin? Considering we have a nightsister spirit, it's not impossible combat wise. Also, an old foe (Darth Vader, former enemy of Luke Skywalker) reveals his true face(His spirit at the end of ROTJ). Just a thought...
  • Buccs13Life
    80 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    One I haven’t seen yet could be Leia when she went undercover as Boucshh (spelling?). That would be fun.
  • Options
    One I haven’t seen yet could be Leia when she went undercover as Boucshh (spelling?). That would be fun.

True
  • Options
    Someone mentioned it already but bounty hunter Ventress checks a lot of the boxes. Takes her mask off literally and figuratively after being cast aside by dooku. Use of “their” suggests a female character (see resistance pilot unique description). Would have thematic continuity from the Defense of Dathomir event.
  • Edge
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it will be bounty hunter Asajj in keeping with the Nightsister theme
  • Edge
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned it already but bounty hunter Ventress checks a lot of the boxes. Takes her mask off literally and figuratively after being cast aside by dooku. Use of “their” suggests a female character (see resistance pilot unique description). Would have thematic continuity from the Defense of Dathomir event.

Oops, looks like we posted at the same time otherwise I’d have let your message stand on its own as it is better worded than mine!
  • Options
    Edge wrote: »

Oops, looks like we posted at the same time otherwise I’d have let your message stand on its own as it is better worded than mine!

Great minds my friend...
  • Options
    Like I said before,

It is Lando.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Kylo Ren along with his TIE Silencer. Please.
  • Darc
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Force Ghost Anakin?

defo old foe, defo reveals true face at the end of return of the Jedi.
  • Options
    I like this analysis.Let's take it for the basis:
    ”...an old foe reveals their true face”

Old foe
    - foe: antagonist, adversary, dark side
    - Old: either literal age, timeframe of conflict, or both

Their true face
    - their: shows posession... that’s it. Quit arguing over single vs plural. It shows neither. lol
    - Face: literally facial features/identity or intentions
    - True: implies what we’ve seen is false/deceptive/hidden

As a person who was studying English in Ukrainian university, it seems strange to me that some native speakers here disagree with using "singular they" as a gender-neutral singular pronoun. We were taught it is a pretty common approach to avoid slightly awkward "he or she', "he/she". Seems like it is not the absolute truth. But back to the business.
    I'd add one more criterion to the description of "true" above: "at full power, what we saw before was not really full/true". In this case, it can be just a zeta for an old foe we already have here. To have double implication of "revealing one's face" collocation, what was mentioned above, I'd think of some characters who have their true faces hidden: Palpatin or General Grievous.
    Yes, at the beginning the most obvious choice seemed unmasked Kylo, and I'm sure we will have him piloting his brand new ship Silencer, but later. I believe they would like iconic characters to have their skills somehow related to the new movie: think of skills of veteran scoundrels or even current Kylo: we saw these movements in the movie, names of these skills are also refering to the movie. I doubt we will have key characters from the next episode before the movie is released.
  • Options
    I feel Emperor Palpatine/Chancellor/Sidious is the "foe" they're referring to. The overall plot of ep. 1-3 is Sidious finally revealing his true self (aside from Vader). So, I think its a) Palpatine gets a zeta, b) The Chancellor is a new character (CG has shown that making numerous versions of the same person isn't out of the question), c) Sidious gets a rework. This might lead to a Separatist rework with some Chanc/Palp synergy (outside of the BF2 and TLJ hype), with the "Old Foe" also talking about the secrecy of the Separatists, but that's a longer shot.
  • Options
    im sure its darth han
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I feel Emperor Palpatine/Chancellor/Sidious is the "foe" they're referring to. The overall plot of ep. 1-3 is Sidious finally revealing his true self (aside from Vader). So, I think its a) Palpatine gets a zeta, b) The Chancellor is a new character (CG has shown that making numerous versions of the same person isn't out of the question), c) Sidious gets a rework. This might lead to a Separatist rework with some Chanc/Palp synergy (outside of the BF2 and TLJ hype), with the "Old Foe" also talking about the secrecy of the Separatists, but that's a longer shot.

You know who the real antagonist is, right? The one who has yet to reveal his true face. Search your feelings, you know it is true. Darth Jar Jar confirmed.
  • Options
    More than likely Kylo without his mask. I think he is the TLJ character they referee to earlier so it makes sense that it would be him IMO.
  • Options
    Dark barriss!!
This discussion has been closed.