New FO ships in platoons (merged+dev response)

Replies

• Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    The part I don't understand is how this exact situation happened before (or at least very similar, as in needing multiple unfarmable characters/ships for platoons), there was backlash, the issue was addressed (Millennium Falcon became farmable, at least), and now we're back at square one. However, it could be an oversight where the ships were automatically added into the pool the platoons are pulled from when they were supposed to be intentionally left out, making this a mistake rather than a "you can't complete this without spending money" thing. With the rest of the controversy surrounding EA (Enough, Already!), though, it's hard giving them the benefit of the doubt. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    Decay wrote: »
    if it is an oversight, the the quality control manager for the game needs to be let go - this is the third time this has happened - pure and utter incompetence is the only explanation.

While I won't go so far as to call for someone's job, it is supremely frustrating to have these constant occurrences of things that the devs issue 3/4 client restarts on a constant basis pop up at a minimum monthly, but it seems to be weekly.

Ditto. I can’t pretend I know anything about coding or other technical aspects of games but problems being repeated over and over and over again there’s something wrong somewhere.

I can, it's what I do - write code for web applications... They need a Product Owner who says "Hey, we're introducing X, where does X get used? What's the impact on each area?"

Frankly, if you add new ships, you need to say "We are adding ships. Ships are used in fleet arena, territory battles, platoons. Fleet Arena, no worries. These are dark side ships, so they can't be used in TB fights. The only true impact would be platoons - OK, what's the selection method for ID'ing what ships get used?"

Scenario 1: "Oh, it pulls from the whole pool? We can't have that until it's farmable... But it's an acceptable risk to not push back pushing these ships out." Probably the worst call in the atmosphere after BF2, and the recent QA issues this game has seen...

Scenario 2: "Ships are flagged as platoon eligible via metadata. We need to make sure the flags on the new FO ships are set to false." This clearly didn't get done, or the metadata doesn't exist.

Scenario 3: "KITTEN THEM ALL. If they want Phase 3 to be the same (and avoid a cascading effect through most of the phases), they have to buy at least 2 packs of each!" It would be a first, due to Vet Smuggler Han / Chewie not being in Platoons.

Everything points to a screw-up. However, the fact that they moved this thread rather than actually respond or do something to let people know what's going on... That's concerning, the tone-deafness.
  • Options
    also kenobi
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    These were just added to the game and are not farmable. I was really hoping that we had finally moved beyond the non farmable toons and ships being required for platoons once they finally addressed the Ewok's, M Falcon, Kylo shuttle and reaper. Even though the ships are brutal to farm. At least we have a chance to farm them.

Putting the new ships in platoons would have been cool after they became farmable. Not immediately. This already makes TB harder again as many won't be able to fill nearly as many platoons.
  • Options
    Yes, same here. If it is not a mistake that means that no matters how hard you farm, If your guild is F2P will never get a full BT
  • Options
    Please don't. Please delete this post and let's all go back to complaining. :D
  • Options
    Krayt337 wrote: »
    So we got the new first order in our platoon today. I wonder if this is a mistake? Anyone else experience this?

yup same here. Perhaps with a powerful enough guild you can still 2* fleet zones with the farmable ships. I'm not going to worry about it at this point though as I'm still farming F2P ships. By the time I'm done with them in several months odds are the new ships will be farmable too.
  • Options
    Decay wrote: »
    if it is an oversight, the the quality control manager for the game needs to be let go - this is the third time this has happened - pure and utter incompetence is the only explanation.

While I won't go so far as to call for someone's job, it is supremely frustrating to have these constant occurrences of things that the devs issue 3/4 client restarts on a constant basis pop up at a minimum monthly, but it seems to be weekly.

Ditto. I can’t pretend I know anything about coding or other technical aspects of games but problems being repeated over and over and over again there’s something wrong somewhere.

I can, it's what I do - write code for web applications... They need a Product Owner who says "Hey, we're introducing X, where does X get used? What's the impact on each area?"

Frankly, if you add new ships, you need to say "We are adding ships. Ships are used in fleet arena, territory battles, platoons. Fleet Arena, no worries. These are dark side ships, so they can't be used in TB fights. The only true impact would be platoons - OK, what's the selection method for ID'ing what ships get used?"

Scenario 1: "Oh, it pulls from the whole pool? We can't have that until it's farmable... But it's an acceptable risk to not push back pushing these ships out." Probably the worst call in the atmosphere after BF2, and the recent QA issues this game has seen...

Scenario 2: "Ships are flagged as platoon eligible via metadata. We need to make sure the flags on the new FO ships are set to false." This clearly didn't get done, or the metadata doesn't exist.

Scenario 3: "KITTEN THEM ALL. If they want Phase 3 to be the same (and avoid a cascading effect through most of the phases), they have to buy at least 2 packs of each!" It would be a first, due to Vet Smuggler Han / Chewie not being in Platoons.

Everything points to a screw-up. However, the fact that they moved this thread rather than actually respond or do something to let people know what's going on... That's concerning, the tone-deafness.

Thanks for the insight. I always enjoy dev comments even if they aren’t within this game. Something is def rotten in Denmark. Awaiting words.
  • Options
    quite a shame. This "pay (more) to win" decision, will make more players leave. The recent rythme to stay competitve has already caused some leaving...
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Tno37 wrote: »
    Lower the crate system money grab in BF2 only to make up the loss in SWGOH toon/ship releases. Such a Jablomie move

No, to compensate for that, they lowered the rate at which you can obtain currency
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Tno37 wrote: »
    Lower the crate system money grab in BF2 only to make up the loss in SWGOH toon/ship releases. Such a Jablomie move

No, to compensate for that, they lowered the rate at which you can obtain currency

+1
  • Options
    blurpzz wrote: »
    quite a shame. This "pay (more) to win" decision, will make more players leave. The recent rythme to stay competitve has already caused some leaving...

I totaly agree
  • Options
    blurpzz wrote: »

When In Final Boss quits the game, that should be a blaring klaxon: https://swgoh.gg/u/akiraine/
  • Options
    It's not that you have to spend money to get these ships right now, its that adding ships no one has yet into platoons generates a backslide in guild performance in TB -- we were finishing our Platoons before, and now we can't and that impacts perf across the whole TB. We were lucky we got reqs we had today, but tomorrow we're probably doomed.
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    It's not that you have to spend money to get these ships right now, its that adding ships no one has yet into platoons generates a backslide in guild performance in TB -- we were finishing our Platoons before, and now we can't and that impacts perf across the whole TB. We were lucky we got reqs we had today, but tomorrow we're probably doomed.

100% this - not being able to 6/6 phase 3 has a direct impact on the "win button" on Phase 4. It's a cascading effect. My guild was 1MM points away from 3* on mid of phase 4. We thought we might get there this time. This is a spirit crusher.
  • Options
    Jaxom wrote: »
    The moving of the thread was done by the mods, the mods have nothing to do with the devs and the coding of the game. "Some of my best friends are mods" and I know they had the new ships in their platoons today as well. The thread was moved because as mods, it is their job to put the threads in the proper places, based on the structure given to them by the CG team.

Absolutely fine with moving. Not fine with no note on the base forum at least pointing to where a soon to be raging thread was moved. It indicates an attempt at obfuscation, whether that was the true intent or not.

Mods just following the rules. But the ones who make the rules on modding... [Redacted]

I’m pretty sure it’s a mistake, but if it isn’t please just let us know going forward.
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    These were just added to the game and are not farmable. I was really hoping that we had finally moved beyond the non farmable toons and ships being required for platoons once they finally addressed the Ewok's, M Falcon, Kylo shuttle and reaper. Even though the ships are brutal to farm. At least we have a chance to farm them.

Putting the new ships in platoons would have been cool after they became farmable. Not immediately. This already makes TB harder again as many won't be able to fill nearly as many platoons.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I was filling out our guild’s platoon assignments and noticed both ships in the last two platoons. I don’t agree with them being there without having been released onto the game board yet. (The 3 month etc cadence).
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Come on devs. Really? This again? :rollseyes:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    We're currently looking into this. Thanks for the post!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    It's almost like EA want to be hated
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hiya!

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Hiya!
    LOL. This comes off as "We are looking into adding Wicket / VS Han"
  • Options
    oops-you-did-it-again.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    You would think..... maybe, just maybe with the storm that is surrounding BF 2 right now they would have their senses tuned into the community a bit better.... wait, what am I thinking. Stupid me.
  • Options
    Don't know any other game which treats it's player base with such contempt.
  • Options
    You know what.... I am all for having to deal with some advertisements in game now.... before I didnt want them, now I would be more than OK with it. The thirst for grinding every cent out of the player base is just beyond unacceptable now. I mean they acknowledge the gear crunch, and they think by giving us monthly events it will help? How about just reducing the gear requirements..... oh, I dont know..... maybe by 75%? That number should be very relevant.
  • Options
    Adding the Tie Silencer and FOSF Tie to Hoth TB was not cool (putting it nicely). Hoth TB requirements should be set and not changing at the game dev team whims.
  • Options
    That why we need loot box