Nightsisters unbeatable ..

Replies

• Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I pull Ezra off my arena team and put Zylo in. Takes care of NS.
  • Options
    Echo_Base wrote: »
    Rex and a fast Thrawn. Thrawn special->Rex, tenacity up, Talzin is now useless dead meat.

That's not a solid counter though as it relies on mod advantage - Thrawn base speed is 150, Talzin under her own lead is base 152
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Echo_Base wrote: »
    Rex and a fast Thrawn. Thrawn special->Rex, tenacity up, Talzin is now useless dead meat.
    And how do you deal with the Zombie/Acolyte combo?
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    You mean this team? It's pretty easy to beat actually

It only works if you're playing with Han Solo since the acolyte is the fastest toon around under a MT lead. But it could also have been countered easily if he was using R2 instead of Daka.
    Once she's stealthy you're pretty much screwed with such meta team.

The problem with r2 is he will put it on himself. If you go through him everyone is stealthed. Just take out nsa and it's over. If zombie has more health/protection he'll out it in zombie but most don't have a zombie like that.
  • Options
    Unless it's a Talzin lead and NSA ends up being revived under her lead. You can take her out but over the course of the match it doesn't mean she'll stay out. Your only guarantee on that is taking her out with DN or Boba.
  • scuba
    14077 posts Member
    Options
    Counter, when a team has 30-40k less arena power, 3* chars with blue gear and still "not beatable". I tried several fights and all lost. All Zetas etc. "useless" against such a team.
    They will never learn to build something called" balance" in this game.

Lol. You think power rating means something.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Counter, when a team has 30-40k less arena power, 3* chars with blue gear and still "not beatable". I tried several fights and all lost. All Zetas etc. "useless" against such a team.

If it does not mean anything, why is it in the game then?
    Anyway, the counter to the zombie invastion is massive AOE, works pretty good. Raid Han with his opening also helps.

But still, when running a full G12 Team with all possible Zetas (Gk, Zarris, Thrawn, R2, DN e.g.) with AP 105k and you loose against a 70k NS team with a 3* blue level 80 zombie (not even 85) and the rest G10-G11 I think its valid to raise your hand and point out that this is strange.

• Options
    any toons that can AOE cleanse buffs from the enemy, B2 and Baze for example. OR, AOE buff immunities. TFP and B2 if I'm not mistaken on the 2nd. AOE stuns would work too. AOE buff immune before NA can stealth then have boba execute so she can't revive. A few examples off the top of my head.
  • Options
    any toons that can AOE cleanse buffs from the enemy, B2 and Baze for example. OR, AOE buff immunities. TFP and B2 if I'm not mistaken on the 2nd. AOE stuns would work too. AOE buff immune before NA can stealth then have boba execute so she can't revive. A few examples off the top of my head.

My test team that sucessfully wipes out NS squads is:
    Thrawn (L), Tarkin (AOE, TM red), Veers (AOE, ability block), ShoreT, DN (or alternatively CStarck which would fit very well).

Worked pretty good.

• Options
    If you really wanted balance in the game the meta wouldn’t have so many GK/Barris/CLS toons running around
  • Options
    AOE attacks are a simple counter to this. If you choose not to run anyone with AOE, then you are making yourself vulnerable to this team. It’s your choice. Don’t say it’s imbalanced or unfair if you choose not to use the very easy and very attainable counter to this team.
  • Options
    Also...galactic power only has meaning in territory battles...it is meaningless in Arena.
  • Options
    Come on, a nightsisters team beats me with 15k less power, zombie and Talzin at 4-5 stars and all gear 8-9. This is unbalanced (nope, I'm not quite a casual. I usually beat teams with 5 to 10k more power than me). I know you need to sell the ns packages, but please hurry up to take them away and nerf them.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Come on, a nightsisters team beats me with 15k less power, zombie and Talzin at 4-5 stars and all gear 8-9. This is unbalanced (nope, I'm not quite a casual. I usually beat teams with 5 to 10k more power than me). I know you need to sell the ns packages, but please hurry up to take them away and nerf them.

You'd rather fight CLS all day, every day?
  • Options
    try baze chirut even at low stars/gear zaris cls DN
  • Options
    stepgib wrote: »
    Imperial troopers destroy nightsisters with General Veers zeta.

Yeah my troop squad makes a joke of them
  • Options
    Plo Koon says hello.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Nightsisters are so easy for droids...
  • scuba
    14077 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

If it does not mean anything, why is it in the game then?
    Anyway, the counter to the zombie invastion is massive AOE, works pretty good. Raid Han with his opening also helps.

But still, when running a full G12 Team with all possible Zetas (Gk, Zarris, Thrawn, R2, DN e.g.) with AP 105k and you loose against a 70k NS team with a 3* blue level 80 zombie (not even 85) and the rest G10-G11 I think its valid to raise your hand and point out that this is strange.

Ok. I will expand on it. Power rating means nothing when comparing if one team should win against another.
    Why is it in the game?
    1. To confuse players into think higher Power means should be better team.
    2. To provide away to "use your whole roster" in TB
    3. Give a stat to brag about.

When it comes down to actually battling it is a poor indicator of how well a team will do. It is simply a measurement of how complete a character/ship is nothing about its actual heath, speed or damage.

A team of cls, jyn, gm Yoda, Tarkin and bb8 is a max power team. Doesn't mean the will be winning much.

Synergy and abilities mean more

The zombie is low gear on purpose in this case ( I think it is cheap trick) so it dies quickly and triggers all the other on death things like Asajj/daka unique.
  • Options
    It could be, purposely leaving her at a low gear level being a cheap move. Mine is 4* G10 and gets smoked by CLS, Solo, Wiggs, etc constantly anyways.
  • scuba
    14077 posts Member
    Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    It could be, purposely leaving her at a low gear level being a cheap move. Mine is 4* G10 and gets smoked by CLS, Solo, Wiggs, etc constantly anyways.

I thought about leaving her at low gear but just couldn't bring myself to do it
  • Options

Ok. I will expand on it. Power rating means nothing when comparing if one team should win against another.
    Why is it in the game?
    1. To confuse players into think higher Power means should be better team.
    2. To provide away to "use your whole roster" in TB
    3. Give a stat to brag about.

When it comes down to actually battling it is a poor indicator of how well a team will do. It is simply a measurement of how complete a character/ship is nothing about its actual heath, speed or damage.

A team of cls, jyn, gm Yoda, Tarkin and bb8 is a max power team. Doesn't mean the will be winning much.

Synergy and abilities mean more

The zombie is low gear on purpose in this case ( I think it is cheap trick) so it dies quickly and triggers all the other on death things like Asajj/daka unique.

Yeah, might all be true but still you do not get my point.
    If a full G12 Team with full Zetas, including "legendary" chars as well is loosing against a "low gear" non-Zeta G10-11 + 3* Zombie NS team then this cant be OK, regardless of the game mechanics.

It is simply not logical that such a high-end builded team (which has synergies btw) looses against such a low build team, simply of unbeatable mechanics in this case.

Anyway, this is a pattern that this games repeats again and again, I simply do not like this approach.

The counter to NS is AOE which works well for me, so discussion can be ended ;)

https://swgoh.gg/u/basti4swgoh/

• Options
    My team cuts through this team with ease, I mostly just auto it.
    CLS lead, R2D2, Han and Chaze. The constant healing from Chirrut outheals the damage done by plague, and Baze dispels the Acolyte, and then she gets destroyed. Easy peasy.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DasMurich wrote: »

I thought about leaving her at low gear but just couldn't bring myself to do it

You gain a lot if speed on zombie from gear. Which is more important than anything. Higher gear is important also allows her to take more hits if cls doesn't dispels her first round. Which gives you time to either use mts second ability to give na stealthed if she was attacked first by han or revive her with daka if she was railroaded right away. (doesn't really happen if geared properly.)
  • Options
    IF your issue is a weakass zombie that keeps reviving, the counter should be a toon with a no revive ability.

DN for example..... Won't work because your annihilated before DN can do annihilate.

Another option is Boba.

Boba(L) + CLS + RaidHan + R2 + (GK/zBarris/Thrawn ?).

Stun MT with RaidHan,
    Do R2's AOE special (land burning on zombie (hopefully do not kill)).
    Use Thrawn to give Boba TM...
    Terminate Zombie with Boba (should not come back).

I suppose the trick is setting up Boba to reliably get the kill.

**** AI might waste time trying to revive zombie with duka.

• Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    IF your issue is a weakass zombie that keeps reviving, the counter should be a toon with a no revive ability.

DN for example..... Won't work because your annihilated before DN can do annihilate.

Another option is Boba.

Boba(L) + CLS + RaidHan + R2 + (GK/zBarris/Thrawn ?).

Stun MT with RaidHan,
    Do R2's AOE special (land burning on zombie (hopefully do not kill)).
    Use Thrawn to give Boba TM...
    Terminate Zombie with Boba (should not come back).

I suppose the trick is setting up Boba to reliably get the kill.

**** AI might waste time trying to revive zombie with duka.

Zombies revive can’t be prevented.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    hmm, yest just tried Boba and found that out... I wonder if Maul or Sidius would benifit enough from all those deaths to be a viable counter.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The baby zombie team can likly be beat with just 2 toons...

Maul and Sidious.

Sidious gains 50% every time a toon dies.
    Maul gains full TM every time he makes a kill with his basic.

You can have Maul leader or some other toon that increases damage on sidious.

As soon as Maul targets the zombie its over... just keep killing it with basic.. and sidious gains tm. The enemy team will never ever move!

OK now you have the counter... stop crying.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »

All I got to say it that this team is easy to beat and you actually need to listen to some advice from people that are better than you
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    The baby zombie team can likly be beat with just 2 toons...

Maul and Sidious.

Sidious gains 50% every time a toon dies.
    Maul gains full TM every time he makes a kill with his basic.

You can have Maul leader or some other toon that increases damage on sidious.

As soon as Maul targets the zombie its over... just keep killing it with basic.. and sidious gains tm. The enemy team will never ever move!

OK now you have the counter... stop crying.

Every time Zombie dies, both Ventress and Daka gain turn meter. This won't work as you think.