Territory War Ties [Merged]

Replies

• +1
  • Great idea!
  • Darksidecalls2me
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    DarthMauly wrote: »
    My favourite suggestion so far is that in the event of a Tie, Guild Leaders face off 1 v. 1.

• Ties are lame, give extra rewards for all left over chars, thanks,

Lord General Cyberdrgn
  • I sense a lot of ties coming
  • I’ve expected a bunch of ties. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to do things this way.

Give 1 point for a defensive win. Chance of ties just significantly decreased.
  • Tie breaker should be Guild ID in alphabetical order. Bring back the good ol' days.

/s
    -Mister Moo-
  • +1
  • Even GP Guilds, all filling up their Def, all following the same path to victory, all doing about the same to each other. Yeah... a lot of ties, and a lot of non-victories.
    I understand the tie system is so top guilds, high active communicative people, can't just work together to both get top score.
    But there should be something to break it.
    In event of a tie - both guilds get an hour to wack at an AT-ST as a mini raid. First to destroy it, gets the win.

#AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Just set some defence rewards. You lose on offence the other side gets 10 banners.
  • They would be smart to give both guilds first place for their hard work in the event of a tie. They don't need any more riots so close together over rewards which aren't that much different.
  • The solution is to release a new ship: the TIE Breaker. Players must put their TIE Breakers head to head; the side with the most TIE Breaker victories will win the match!

TIE Breakers will unlock at 3* and shards will be available for purchase via Data Cards. The pilot will be release through a legendary TIE Flight Academy event requiring 7* crew of TIE ships.
  • The solution is to release a new ship: the TIE Breaker. Players must put their TIE Breakers head to head; the side with the most TIE Breaker victories will win the match!

TIE Breakers will unlock at 3* and shards will be available for purchase via Data Cards. The pilot will be release through a legendary TIE Flight Academy event requiring 7* crew of TIE ships.

Your joke solution is actually a fun one:

TIE breaker should be your tie fighters vs their tie fighters bonus round !
  • They should just give 1 point to defenses that beat offensive attacks. The reward is low enough guilds won’t be afraid to use their scrub teams when necessary, but in the event of a tie the guild that defended against more squads would win.

Your joke solution is actually a fun one:

TIE breaker should be your tie fighters vs their tie fighters bonus round !

DIG IT
    giphy.gif
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yeah awarding 1st place rewards to both guilds isn’t gonna happen, if it did all guilds would just intentionally draw and get 1st place rewards each time...
  • Now defend your enemies territory while taking yours back using only toons UNDER 6k!
    No mercy!!!
  • +1 The rewards were poorly thought out and need an immediate fix, as having everyone get 2nd place rewards is just dumb beyond words.
  • It's kind of ridiculous that since both guilds cleared an entire map they both... lose? Would it really kill EA to give 1st place rewards? It wasn't exactly easy. We fought mighty chlorians and had to default walls of zauls, CLS, and zariss teams.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Yeah but then again if both got 1st place rewards wouldn’t everyone intentionally draw every time? It would be the best strategy
  • Ties are lame, give extra rewards for all left over chars, thanks,

Lord General Cyberdrgn

This makes the most sense. Whichever side had the most left over GP on their bench. Or, whichever used the lower total GP to achieve victory. Efficiency matters. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    Yeah but then again if both got 1st place rewards wouldn’t everyone intentionally draw every time? It would be the best strategy

Exactly. Everyone sets the weakest possible defensive roster so the offense can cruise through it. Everyone gets max points.

• gunff
    287 posts Member
    I'd like to see either hockey style (4 zeta for a win 3 for a tie 2 for a loss) or points for successful defenses, or bonus banners for kills based on allys left alive like tournaments used to. 10 for the kill plus one for each ally left alive.

Or each kill is 10 if you get it on the first try, 9 for 2nd 8 fit 3rd etc.
  • I WISH we had a tie, but they put up against a guild that what way to powerful l for us. They completely wiped us out within the first hour and we barely killed one piece of territory and unable to get any more... I wish it was explained a bit better, I used my best characters in defence and then after using them all it said "Oh btw the defence characters you use, you can never use for attack and they're locked in for good"

Would have been nice for them to have said that before locking in characters.

Hopefully for the next one they pair us with a guild that's on the same level as us and not in a completely another level.
  • I don't see most matches ending in a draw.

But mostly I wanted to respond to your assertion that awarding banners to defensive teams for successfully defending would benefit TW. IMO, I'd agree with you IF you strip the 20 banners for placing the team there in the first place. Otherwise, defending would be all too powerful a strategy.
  • Chuybacca
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    What about if you get one point for each toon that survives an attack? So they kill one, you get +4, they kill 3, you get +2, etc. that would make you strategize more and be near impossible to tie. It could be for survival on defense just the same. @CG_Kozispoon
  • Simple solution would be the leaders of each guild go one on one w one team who ever wins gets first place
  • Easy way. Whoever has leftover unused GP left over wins. Makes it easy so if one guild dominates the other one, and the not as good guild burns through squads but wins the area, at least the dominant guild won because they used less squads. Fix it!!!