Losing interest in the game. GW is not fun anymore.

Prev1
Even at rank 5-15, I used to enjoy GW because of its challenge ( this is after the update). Right now, i am starting to lose interest in the game because even at node 4 i can barely beat the enemy team. I am semi f2p/p2p ( buying crystals for recharges). I have a month and a week of game time ( level 63: 7* sid, 7* lumi, 7* gs, 5* QGJ, 4* poe/ 5* JC all purple gear--main team). I don't have a deep roster/bench or bariss. I am facing teams of higher level or even 3-4 teams of lvl 70s. Any advice to get around this? thanks

Replies

• Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You need get Daka, also use chewy he much better than POE. I have POE but i only used him to beat some hardest challenge. Especially his taunt help but he always get killed

From lv51-60 i won consecutive, then lose few after the updated.

I just found my lv60 squad. I got the daka from free bronzium pack.
    o9ppdk4.png
  • Options
    it's because you probably have a high squad power in arena and ranked high so you'll be matched up against people of similar power level also you can try to lower your power level in arena but it won't change your matchmaking because it uses the highest squad power you achieved/used in arena p.s. GS having a ton of power makes it easier to get higher/better squads in GW. Your best chance is to get healers and to upgrade and star them and other toons you have.
    Also a little trick that could help you out Sid can heal with his aoe so if he's low and you have it up you can heal for a good amount of health.

I run Lumi lead with Sid Dooku JC and IG 88 and most of the time beat GW with this squad alone but I have Thalia and Daka ready just in case I messed up and let my main healers die early
    Idk if this will really help you out but hopefully you get an idea of what you could try and also I have 53 GW wins and been able to clear them under 30 mins.
  • Options
    That happened to me just after the raise the level cap.. As a 63-64 i faced a lot of 70 teams resulting in losing a couple of days the GWAR.. but after you will be maxed you can clear the War again..
  • Options
    Even at rank 5-15, I used to enjoy GW because of its challenge ( this is after the update). Right now, i am starting to lose interest in the game because even at node 4 i can barely beat the enemy team. I am semi f2p/p2p ( buying crystals for recharges). I have a month and a week of game time ( level 63: 7* sid, 7* lumi, 7* gs, 5* QGJ, 4* poe/ 5* JC all purple gear--main team). I don't have a deep roster/bench or bariss. I am facing teams of higher level or even 3-4 teams of lvl 70s. Any advice to get around this? thanks

Search the forums, this is a very well known glitch in the GW matchmaking system where mid level players are still being mismatched against max level/gear/star meta teams. For some reason it seems to start around mid-50's and runs randomly sometimes till mid-60's.

Persevere, once you get to 70 and flesh out your squad a bit, it will get easier, baffling yes, but true.
  • Options
    Be lvl 70 and have multiple good geared characters is that only way to complete GW at the moment.
  • Options
    it's because you probably have a high squad power in arena and ranked high so you'll be matched up against people of similar power level also you can try to lower your power level in arena but it won't change your matchmaking because it uses the highest squad power you achieved/used in arena p.s. GS having a ton of power makes it easier to get higher/better squads in GW. Your best chance is to get healers and to upgrade and star them and other toons you have.
    Also a little trick that could help you out Sid can heal with his aoe so if he's low and you have it up you can heal for a good amount of health.

I run Lumi lead with Sid Dooku JC and IG 88 and most of the time beat GW with this squad alone but I have Thalia and Daka ready just in case I messed up and let my main healers die early
    Idk if this will really help you out but hopefully you get an idea of what you could try and also I have 53 GW wins and been able to clear them under 30 mins.

How does Sid heal with his AOE?
  • Options
    I agree with the OP. GW is becoming a farce. I just faced a full 70 epic squad on battle #2 of GW, followed up with two more 69/70 squads. I'm pretty much wiped out by battle #4. Ridiculous. Is this really how GW is supposed to work now? Getting bored with the game as a result...
  • MousseTampi
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When you get to lvl 70 gw is a piece of cake, just lvl/max gear your 5 main toons
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Likewise with the GW difficulty, I just skip that everyday. The days where hours of frustration was spent trying all sorts of combinations, retreating, changing leaders, using suicide teams are over. I just press restart after midnight and try to complete 3 nodes then do other stuff. Only problem is that credit scarcity is real.
  • Showdown4lpha
    91 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Likewise with the GW difficulty, I just skip that everyday. The days where hours of frustration was spent trying all sorts of combinations, retreating, changing leaders, using suicide teams are over. I just press restart after midnight and try to complete 3 nodes then do other stuff. Only problem is that credit scarcity is real.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't beat it. I just go as far as I can until I lose too many characters or get to a super hard team.

I like to get my dailies done ASAP so I just go into a GW battle and retreat out and it gives me the daily GW reward. I've played GW every day since I unlocked it and I've only beaten it 4 times.

But I'm not losing interest in the game. I'm liking it a lot actually. I'm not that good so I just have fun with all the cool characters. I'm level 65.
  • Options
    Even at lvl 70 with a boatload of toons, GW can be an exercise in futility, but I'm probably at a 90% completion rate.

It seems to depend entirely on the draw for the day. I have developed a fairly deep roster with a number of maxed out characters and I still have some days where there is just no way that I am going to win.

You can only run into so many Lvl 70, 7*, max geared teams in a row and make it through the final node, no matter how powerful your own squad is.

I just chalk those days up to a bad draw and hit it hard the next day.
  • Options
    You just run GW with the wrong team. You need healers, not attackers. You also need dooku. I finish GW everyday without any problem, I usually rank 20th-50th. Sid, daka, lumi, dooku, ig-88/jc. Sometimes i need the suicide squad against nasty teams, other times i need to change leader or some heroes to go through the node. I've been playing for 2 months and i have 7* lumi, phasma, RP, and now i'm working in poggle.
  • Options
    rosigod wrote: »
    You just run GW with the wrong team. You need healers, not attackers. You also need dooku. I finish GW everyday without any problem, I usually rank 20th-50th. Sid, daka, lumi, dooku, ig-88/jc. Sometimes i need the suicide squad against nasty teams, other times i need to change leader or some heroes to go through the node. I've been playing for 2 months and i have 7* lumi, phasma, RP, and now i'm working in poggle.

Spoken like someone who has not seen the bug hit them.

Your suggested team wouldn't make it out of two rounds with what I face in GW every day.

Try taking on a team of 7* Luke, 7* Lumi, 7* Sid, 7* Phasma, 6* Daka, all 70 and epic geared, when you are 67 with only Lumi and Sid above 5*.

They one shot suicide teams without blowing abilities, Phasma about guarantees they go two rounds before you go one. You'll get one shot off with Dooku before losing 3 of your 5.
  • Options
    That was my fourth round fight today by the way :)
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    You need get Daka, also use chewy he much better than POE. I have POE but i only used him to beat some hardest challenge. Especially his taunt help but he always get killed

From lv51-60 i won consecutive, then lose few after the updated.

I just found my lv60 squad. I got the daka from free bronzium pack.
    o9ppdk4.png

Im sorry but your line up will not survive past node six on some of the gw draws i get. I was lvl 66 at the time and only have 6 characters at max level. From node 4 onward it was lvl 70 7* team after team. I somehow made it to the end after sacrificing 25 disposable characters and a 5 hero expose followed by ig88 aoe
  • Options
    After the big update, gw just got bored and to easy to complete it, because u cant make any mistakes anymore. If u dont stun the champ in the first row, restart and try another one. If someone die, try to restart and change your moves ... I dont even lose 1 champ in my gw, i win all 10fights wirh only sid,lumi,daka,kyle dooku(all 7stars and max gear) :).
  • Options
    GW is a challenge daily, but I am getting bored as well. I complete every day, but I don't want any of the characters left in the pool. I'm sitting on 13000 war tokens. The only reason I still complete it is for ability mats and crystals. I dread the 45-90 minutes I have to grind it every day.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I believe there is a lack of RNG on the nodes, more like node x is set for AI to proc all specials and node y is set to favor the player. I blew 3 squads on one node this morning; and they were lower, level 68, compared to the majority of the nodes, level 70. I had 7 toons left, 3 below 50% health with 4 more nodes to complete. RNG or lack there of, was in my favor with some straitagic retreats, leader swaps, eg Dooku on one node that got me to full health and abilities reset, and I completed GW facing what should have been impossible odds.

I believe regardless of the teams, some nodes are set in favor of the AI and others in favor of the player.
  • Options
    I just dont understand why characters on level 50-54 should be able to wipe out all of my level 70 characters in 2 hits (some in 1). deffinatly feeling ripped off.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry for repost
  • Options
    Today I got 7* level 70 purple geared teams from ROUND TWO onwards :D
  • Options

so go ahead and upgrade some more people. I have about 12 of them and for the most part my main team gets me to the last 2 nodes (not always) and i just auto from there.
  • Options
    I used to have trouble with GW, but I've won about 30 in a row now. You just have to stick it out until you level your crew. Don't forget the abilities -- at ability level 7, Lumi's extra turn of healing makes a huge difference.

My main team (all level 70) is 7* Lumi (L) / 7* JC / 7* Sid / 7* 88 / 6* 86. I've got several other characters at 4-5* and in the 60s that I throw in as needed (Chewie, Talia, Poe, Poggle, Daka) and then a bunch of garbage that I use to soak up the enemy's specials on harder battles.

The key to this is managing your heal cool-downs. That's why I like the mix of Lumi and JC. Lumi powerful and slower, JC decent and faster.
  • Desaan
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is what I'm dealing with at level 56 day after day, assuming I throw my entire roster at this one fight and get past it, the next one will probably be ten times as bad.

RP67zfc.png
  • Options
    I never got the sub level 60s complaining about it. Isn't GW meant to be endgame?
  • Options
    ccfoo wrote: »

How does Sid heal with his AOE?

He has life steal and heals off every hit and his aoe will heal him
  • Options
    All of this is pretty good advice but the system is still seriously glitched. I used to breeze through with 3 healers on my team, Lumi, Daka and JC. I'd manage heal timers and end every match with a fully healed team. As I've said before, it was really too easy. Now it's the complete opposite. I'm facing all lvl 70 7* teams with my lvl 67s and only two 7* toons. I'm working on bench teams but it's pretty futile when the enemy can kill any of my character in 1-2 hits. The last few matches should maybe be against teams that greatly outmatch you but this in happening on the first and second tier.

I get what people are saying "just use healers" or "just use this character" because I used to tell that to my friends who were higher level and couldn't beat GW while I practically auto-simmed it daily. It's virtually impossible for me to beat it now though unless I spend hours and hours trying to get lucky with the RNG and it just isn't fun this way. Devs, please, please fix the ridiculous mismatching. Basing GW on an arena dynamic makes no sense as they are completely different types of fights.
  • Options
    Serious, if you don't have a "deep char pool", don't even play GW. It's not just for you. It's for others as well.

I never use my full A-team in GW. GW is not the Arena, people shouldn't have to face my full lv70 team. It's not fair to other players.

Don't be a ****. Go grow your roster a bit and come back.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree

I use to breeze by it

until I gained an extra "500" power

now I face full 7* squads as of battle 3-4

I finished it today... but barely.

The chanllenge is not what bothers me, it's the fact it went from taking me 25mins or so to who knows how long. People say there's RNG, but that's not true, do the same thing, the same thing will happen every time... (ex: dooku not stunning a jedi, no matter how many time you restart, if he isnt meant to stun, he never will... or an AI evading an attack... etc)

But now I face squads that can kill 1-2 of my toons on first turn... how deep a squad do you need to do that for another 8 battles

It went from super easy to almost impossible... where's the in between lol