Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Sveterka
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    After Battlefront 2 kitten, you doing this? hope there will be double cantina for Han and chuwie atleast :s:s
  • Options
    Totaly agree its impossible with 3 refresh a day. EA do this game only for bankers. The average player just play Another game thats your only solution or you will be always a second hand
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Witzkers wrote: »
    keiths9216 wrote: »
    F2P? you should have both vets near or at 5 stars now if you began farming asap (I have one at 5 one at 4). If you are F2P it will take time to gear the toon up, especially while messing with other requirements. So unlock her at 5 stars and by the time you have Rey at G11 the event returns. What is the difference than having an immediate 7 star Rey that is poorly geared for a long time?

No reason to believe this is any different from the CLS event. Meaning, 7* or nothing.

It says in the post you'll need them all at 7*.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the backlash reddit post a la bf2.
    Who is starting it?
    20xopy8f21ep.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    keiths9216 wrote: »
    F2P? you should have both vets near or at 5 stars now if you began farming asap (I have one at 5 one at 4). If you are F2P it will take time to gear the toon up, especially while messing with other requirements. So unlock her at 5 stars and by the time you have Rey at G11 the event returns. What is the difference than having an immediate 7 star Rey that is poorly geared for a long time?

You mean other than the fact that she unlocks at 7* and 5* gets you nothing?
  • Options
    Honestly one can only hope the character is as "meh" as the rogue one squad leaders where, knowing this studio though and their track record of everything past rogue one and the abyssmal powerscaling issues they have now we will proably see another game destroying cls style char.

i wish there was a better game out there honestly because this feels more and more like getting pooped on.
  • Options
    If they had just put them in an 8 energy node or even 10 we could have had a chance. This is bogus!
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    So one year ago I said to myself, “self, what should you really focus on in this game? ‘What a good question’, I said, ‘well I know that next year they will release some cool toon for the new movie, why not prep for that known future event”

And so I did. I focused like a kyber crystal on resistance and first order. I have them all at 7 stars (other than unmasked Kylo and special forces tie pilot). When the vets were released I saw the writing on the wall and began to purchase their packs in shipments, I saved up 4K in crystals to spend when they were moved to a farmable location. when they were moved to cantina I spent 300 energy a day (700 during the double drops) on them. I’ve even farmed the millennium falcon to 4 stars. I regularly get in top 100 in arena and sometimes top (50) my best ranking is number 2. Still doing everything I possibly could I’ve only managed to get them to 6 stat for han and 5 star for chewie.

Now I’m not complaining, there ain’t no such thing as a free lunch, but it should be acknowledged that no amount of planning, no amount of ‘playing smarter’ could make this event possible for f2p. Other events I’ve missed out on just because I chose to focus my efforts elsewhere, or not read the writing on the wall. This is the first event I can remember where it literally doesn’t matter what you did, you simply can’t get the character without paying money.
  • Options
    Preach
  • Options
    Hot_Temper wrote: »
    Hot_Temper wrote: »
    Fittro wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    . I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

F2p here, I'll probably manage to get her, better luck next time folks

Youre full of kitten if u claim f2p and you have then at 7*

I am F2P. I generate about 900 crystals a day (400-500 from arena, 400 from ship arena, 25 from GW, and ~65 from daily activities). I started farming Vets on October 22nd, the first day I heard the rumor of Jedi Rey and the need for 7* vets. I finished 7 starring them on December 4th. 44 days of 900 crystals generated gets you 39,600 free crystals. From October 22nd until November 21st I bought 8 shards of either Vet in shipments at 640 crystals, except for 10 of those days that I bought an additional 4 shards at 320 crystals, for a total of 22,400 crystals and resulting in 280 shards. From November 22nd until December 4th I spent 700 crystals to buy 5 refreshes of Cantina energy, except for 11/23, 11/24 and 11/25 which I bought 7 refreshes at 1500 Crystals because of double drops for a total of 11,500 crystals. With daily free Cantina energy, that resulted in 10,080 Cantina Energy at 16 Cantina energy a sim, for 630 sims. I averaged a 1 in 3 drop rate, 3 sims at a time, resulting in ~270 shards (double drops really helped). I believe we got about 50 free shards for both Vets when they came out in their introduction events, resulting in 100 free shards.

So 280 + ~270 + 100 = ~650 shards
    39,600 free crystals generated, 33,900 free crystals spent

So it is possible to be F2P and have 7* Vets in time for the event.

So f2p as long as you are one of the strongest in the game. Ok, thanks for clarifying.

I am definitely not the strongest in arena or ship arena. But finding your shard mates on Discord or Line and communicating with them to work cooperatively can do wonders to get you into top 5 even if your team isn't that strong. If you are not P2P, this game requires a lot of time commitment, communication and resource management. If you don't want to do those things, that is your choice. This is a P2P game, like it or not, its how they get a paycheck and keep shareholders happy. But it is possible, with a lot of effort, to be F2P and still get the same access to some of these top items.

Complete nonsense. You literally said you get 300-400 shards from arena, which means you are TOP 3. And if you are getting 400 shards from ship arena you are THE TOP PLAYER. So don't lie and say you aren't the strongest. The shard levels you claim to be farming are only something you can get if you ARE one of the strongest.
  • Options
    7* boooooo
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Don’t say no way. There are players who have been farming veterans for months (buy shards from shipment with crystals) and got them to 7* without spending.

Also, why do u think all the F2P players should get the same experience as P2P players. Why should the better characters be available for free?
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    KenLi wrote: »
    I'm F2P and I guess the drop rate has been lucky for me. I started farming them as soon as they became available in cantina. Only need 48 more Han shards for both of them to be 7*s.

I call fake news on this. I did the exact same thing as you did, even emptied my hoard of crystals during the double drops, and still well short (VS Han 1/85, VS Chewie 12/65). And I've done the refreshes on them since they were released.

Same here. I saved my cantina drops and used 6 refreshes then 10 minutes later after changeover and double drops and did 6 more. I'm sitting at Chewy 3/85 and Han 58/85.
  • Options
    I disagree I guess. To me the Thrawn event was way more challenging to hit 7* the first time around than this is. We've all basically known for a long time now what we would most likely need for the event. Everyone should have used double drops for the vets and been saving their resources. Between arena and fleet arena Ive been able to save up a little over 18k crystals while still using 3 refreshes for each normal energy and cantina energy every day. I have a total of 288 shards to go in the next 15/16 days (last day of the event) to farm their shards in both cantina and shipments. It's all about planning your resources carefully. We've had way more time to farm the vets than we did the Phoenix toons. So if you're someone who's focused on the vets since the Rey event was announced then you should be fine even as a FTP player
  • OnEMesSduPKiD
    669 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Excellent point, and you’re spot on. Even for those of us that are willing to spend a little money, i can’t afford to drop $300 on one character for this game.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I would need to spend 35700 crystals to be able to farm the smugglers in time. That’s $266.42...for a game on my cell phone

Someone will pay it.
  • Options
    Imma wait for the epic comment that. "Well if you had finished first in arena every day and bought x amount of refreshes a day then you sure would have done it f2p! I haven't done it myself by I'm suuuuuure it's possible!", just wait!
  • Options
    FieldL wrote: »
    Don’t say no way. There are players who have been farming veterans for months (buy shards from shipment with crystals) and got them to 7* without spending.

Also, why do u think all the F2P players should get the same experience as P2P players. Why should the better characters be available for free?

What about p2p that sunk money early, oh you mean conrinuing p2p?
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It's just evident that this was intended to be a mostly P2P event. And that's ok. The way I look at it, the meta is now diverse enough that no one's world is going to end (ie Arena rank will significantly drop) after the release of one character. CLS teams, General Zarris teams, zetad Phoenix Teams, Empire teams with DT-Krennic-Thrawn-Shore, and zFinn teams can all beat each other on offense. There is no single dominant team. New Rey's release will most likely introduce another titan to the meta, but she's not going to break any top-tier teams. I paid $20 to get CLS and I was happy with that. I'm going to miss the first release of new Rey, and I'm fine with that. I have enough powerful toons already to continue working on.
  • Options
    It's just evident that this was intended to be a mostly P2P event. And that's ok. The way I look at it, the meta is now diverse enough that no one's world is going to end (ie Arena rank will significantly drop) after the release of one character. CLS teams, General Zarris teams, zetad Phoenix Teams, Empire teams with DT-Krennic-Thrawn-Shore, and zFinn teams can all beat each other on offense. There is no single dominant team. New Rey's release will most likely introduce another titan to the meta, but she's not going to break any top-tier teams. I paid $20 to get CLS and I was happy with that. I'm going to miss the first release of new Rey, and I'm fine with that. I have enough powerful toons already to continue working on.
  • Ulon
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Osisiv wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Ok, f off CG. I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.

I’m in the exact same situation. The event should’ve started in Januari to give f2p players a chance to get her if they went all in

F2P should not get everything right away for FREE. You have no right to be angry if you don't spend. How in the world do you expect everything given to you for FREE?

Who in their right mind would spend money if you didn't have to? I guess you can't understand since you don't understand the concept of money.

I will enjoy reading your bitter wailing.

Totally agree on that, besides i‘m also f2p top arena and top fleet player. Just being wise and saving up some crystals and doing some preparation would have done it.
  • galltrip
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

maybe players with many other characters 7*, time and resources to farm the Vets.
    the Vets are characters that have not proven to be invaluable in any game mode and recently released.
    why would a player need or want to farm Vets over Death Trooper, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin, etc with proven need in the recently released dark side territory battles?
  • Options
    The Rey Hero Journey is coming Dec. 15 and you need both the vets. They are only farmable on the last two node of cantina for 16 energy. I haven't seen anyone have them 7* yet without spending a ridiculous amoung of crystals on refreshes and buying their shards in shipment. And only 2 weeks left to do this? EA you need to give us a better way to do this or might as well just release a pack for Rey(Jedi Training) so we can just buy her with the money we'll have to spend to get her anyway
  • Options

for cls everyone got a chance to get him , because it was old toons to unlock him . Here there is no one chance for everyone and it's a legendary event . Both are farmable on 16 nods of the same energy ?!?! .... It' s bad , they will lose more players with this kind of " business " . I mean some poeple spend some money on this game and even canno't get all the content ....
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Garbmutt wrote: »
    KenLi wrote: »
    I'm F2P and I guess the drop rate has been lucky for me. I started farming them as soon as they became available in cantina. Only need 48 more Han shards for both of them to be 7*s.

I call fake news on this. I did the exact same thing as you did, even emptied my hoard of crystals during the double drops, and still well short (VS Han 1/85, VS Chewie 12/65). And I've done the refreshes on them since they were released.

Same here. I saved my cantina drops and used 6 refreshes then 10 minutes later after changeover and double drops and did 6 more. I'm sitting at Chewy 3/85 and Han 58/85.

I saved up 10k crystals from arena/ships for this event. And bought quite a few shards from shipments to make it happen.

The math never worked out for 3 refreshes per day.
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hey... dont be mad at EA they need to make money from their terrible release of BF2.
  • Options
    Old and smart f2p will get her