Do something about blue gear zombie /acolyte please

Replies

• scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    There is also something else the complainers are missing here and that is a low gear zombie does nothing for Acolyte.
    Acolyte in stealth with a G2 or a G12 zombie would be same results.
    The low gear zombie is for feeding Daka and Asajj unique. Once those 2 are gone the low gear zombie really means nothing.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I was running CLS, R2, K2, Chirrut and Leia up until recently.

I would kill acolyte with R2's burning if I couldn't get her right away...

Now I am running RJT, and I bet I can still do that, but even easier since there will be exposes as well and improvise will pop more often.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Use Aoes, or zVeers

Don't have. Just dropped 4 zetas on JRT and bb8!

Oh so you thought your $$ would automatically get you first so you had to come cry on the forums? Hahaha! Get good.
  • Options
    I just swap my usual CLS team to the following when facing NS:

- zzThrawn, Tarkin, DT, Shore & Nihlus

Haven't even lost a character yet against them using this team and can beat NS convincingly.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Use Aoes, or zVeers

Don't have. Just dropped 4 zetas on JRT and bb8!

It is all about resource management. I have been using a CLS, Chirrut and Baze combo to climb before I change out characters to hold my rank. It can be an annoying team to fight, but it does not need to be nerfed, so that Jedi training Rey or another Meta team can win without changing characters..
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    There is also something else the complainers are missing here and that is a low gear zombie does nothing for Acolyte.
    Acolyte in stealth with a G2 or a G12 zombie would be same results.
    The low gear zombie is for feeding Daka and Asajj unique. Once those 2 are gone the low gear zombie really means nothing.

Yes, exactly. Low geared zombie only works when paired with two specific characters who (preferably) have zetas on their uniques. You sacrifice having a strong auto taunter so you can feed assaj offense bonuses and daka health bonuses
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I know that this mechanic (under a 3 or 4 star MT zeta lead) must have been unintended. It needs a hard counter.

This mechanic can auto any meta team with a f2p (No paywall) NS squad, consisting of zeta MT lead (two zetas on her help but aren't needed), Blue gear zombie, acolyte, Daka, and Asajj. 70k gp works fine. It gives any meta-esque team fits trying to figure out kill order. And they just auto every battle and win, except against a good troopers team (which isn't viable in arena)

A. 4 star zzMT with this team hung out in 4th all day, with inferior mods to most of our shard yesterday and almost never talked or if the top 10. Against all the meta and near meta teams.

This couldn't have been the intention. The mechanic must have been unforseen. Please resolve before this becomes the new go to hack to bypass all the really endgame teams we've been building for months.

Wow you really don't know what a pay wall is do you. MT is behind a pay wall, maybe learn to play before you make an ignorant post. It takes months to gear and star an NS team.
  • Options
    QQ some more guys.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I know that this mechanic (under a 3 or 4 star MT zeta lead) must have been unintended. It needs a hard counter.

This mechanic can auto any meta team with a f2p (No paywall) NS squad, consisting of zeta MT lead (two zetas on her help but aren't needed), Blue gear zombie, acolyte, Daka, and Asajj. 70k gp works fine. It gives any meta-esque team fits trying to figure out kill order. And they just auto every battle and win, except against a good troopers team (which isn't viable in arena)

A. 4 star zzMT with this team hung out in 4th all day, with inferior mods to most of our shard yesterday and almost never talked or if the top 10. Against all the meta and near meta teams.

This couldn't have been the intention. The mechanic must have been unforseen. Please resolve before this becomes the new go to hack to bypass all the really endgame teams we've been building for months.

Wow you really don't know what a pay wall is do you. MT is behind a pay wall, maybe learn to play before you make an ignorant post. It takes months to gear and star an NS team.

MT is behind a pay wall to get to 7*, but the poster's point is that you don't need a 7* MT to have this team work, and 4* MT is not behind a pay wall.
  • Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    GK Zarris CLS DN and Thrawn beat them easily too. If your team is modded well

They beat them easily like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzs-zIAwCoM&app=desktop
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

MT is behind a pay wall to get to 7*, but the poster's point is that you don't need a 7* MT to have this team work, and 4* MT is not behind a pay wall.

There has always been characters that work at low stars. Shore trooper, baze, there was just recently a squad on my shard running a 4* kru top 10 everyday. In a Nov. 15 shard stars aren't that important. That's why the devs made gear 12 7* only. They needed to give players a reason to spend on characters.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options

DN, Sith assassin, R2, Thrawn, EP, Chirruit, Baze, GK just some of many characters that have been used all over arena and winning without being 7*.
  • Options

To take number 1 on my shard you cannot run anything below a 6 star MT. TRY AGAIN.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

There has always been characters that work at low stars. Shore trooper, baze, there was just recently a squad on my shard running a 4* kru top 10 everyday. In a Nov. 15 shard stars aren't that important. That's why the devs made gear 12 7* only. They needed to give players a reason to spend on characters.

DN, Sith assassin, R2, Thrawn, EP, Chirruit, Baze, GK just some of many characters that have been used all over arena and winning without being 7*.

Not relevant to what I posted. Yes, there are characters that are viable without being 7*. That has nothing to do with the question of whether the ability to run an effective NS team is behind a paywall.

To take number 1 on my shard you cannot run anything below a 6 star MT. TRY AGAIN.

Then maybe you should have said that in response to Starseed instead of insulting him. Maybe that's true on your shard (I have no idea), but it's not true across the board. Plenty of people are successful in plenty of shards with less than a 6* MT.
  • Options
    This NS debate about them is ridiculous so I won't debate the salty tear crowd, but I will - as a PSA - let anyone reading this that is thinking of building NS know that these sentiments are heavily over exaggerated by players that must have either limited rosters or limited understanding of the game. RJT with R2 and bb8 stops the NA cheese cold because even in stealth she can get exposed, which means she loses turn meter and can keep taking damage from R2 burn / expose and bb8 expose from ID and not get to take turns. Against well-built RJT squads you will lose on offense even assuming even-level mods / builds. Now, I do recommend building NS in general as they are good in TW, great in DS TB, and currently strong in arena...They're A caliber squad overall when well built, but these proclamations of OP and insinuating you just need to slap in any gear NS team with a zeta or two and you waltz to #1 and are destroyer of worlds are without merit.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    This NS debate about them is ridiculous so I won't debate the salty tear crowd, but I will - as a PSA - let anyone reading this that is thinking of building NS know that these sentiments are heavily over exaggerated by players that must have either limited rosters or limited understanding of the game. RJT with R2 and bb8 stops the NA cheese cold because even in stealth she can get exposed, which means she loses turn meter and can keep taking damage from R2 burn / expose and bb8 expose from ID and not get to take turns. Against well-built RJT squads you will lose on offense even assuming even-level mods / builds. Now, I do recommend building NS in general as they are good in TW, great in DS TB, and currently strong in arena...They're A caliber squad overall when well built, but these proclamations of OP and insinuating you just need to slap in any gear NS team with a zeta or two and you waltz to #1 and are destroyer of worlds are without merit.

Couldn't agree more. I have seen a couple NS try and fail in climbing the ranks.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options

Not relevant to what I posted. Yes, there are characters that are viable without being 7*. That has nothing to do with the question of whether the ability to run an effective NS team is behind a paywall.

Then maybe you should have said that in response to Starseed instead of insulting him. Maybe that's true on your shard (I have no idea), but it's not true across the board. Plenty of people are successful in plenty of shards with less than a 6* MT.

I was agreeing with you. Be it a NS squad or a zeta maul squad when they were popular, or Rebels/triple cleanse with Chaze or Empire or the million ways people are using GK none of the teams were behind a paywall, and the new NS team is probably the most accessible by all players than one in the past has been (provide you were around for the marquee events). 3/5 have been farmable since the game release and the other 2 in no way need to be max stars.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I was agreeing with you.

Gotcha. Sorry I misinterpreted.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options

I was agreeing with you.

Gotcha. Sorry I misinterpreted.

definitely could have been worded better. oh well.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Dear god man! I don’t know what point you’re trying to make but your not making it :-)))

That team beat a zarris with 20 seconds left. Bro watching grass grow is more interesting.

That’s zarris on defense. A zarris on offense will tear that team in 2 minutes max.

That is a crappy NS Squad, Try a MT lead with 2 zetas and plague everywhere.

• Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Dear god man! I don’t know what point you’re trying to make but your not making it :-)))

That team beat a zarris with 20 seconds left. Bro watching grass grow is more interesting.

That’s zarris on defense. A zarris on offense will tear that team in 2 minutes max.

That is a **** NS Squad, Try a MT lead with 2 zetas and plague everywhere.

Lol, go look at the date on that Video bub. Lol, I don't record my fights against everyone, every day. I run an MT lead, that video was shortly after NS rework to show that OG NS are viable for 1st place. Zarriss teams I beat with more than 3:30 seconds left. I will record a zarriss take down just for you, ok nub?

My NS. LOL.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/croger152003/collection/

Try not to be so ignorant in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQeN8LW8c7A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsuNJ2bwQC0
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    NS aren’t that hard to beat but I do agree that having a undergeared character kind of defeats the spirit of the game. But maybe I’m just bitter because I took mine to g11 before understanding how it works
  • Options

Ok tell me how is, R2, CLS, GK, Zolo, Zarriss, RJT, or thrawn locked behind a paywall??

I have never paid for any of them yet I have most of them. CLS was unlocked at 7 star for free. MT 6 * cost me well over 250 bucks.

You all also like to cry about how it took you all months to level all your supposed META team yet everyone who is in top 10 who runs NS didn't have to do the same thing? It takes just as long to get NS to GL 12 as it did for your gimmicky characters. I also had to ZETA 6 abilities on my NS to get them where they are.

The only people complaining are those not smart/skilled enough to beat some pixels on a screen.
  • Options

So tell me all these people complaining about how NS are so easily farmed and they didn't have to go through a paywall like they did to get their characters. How are CLS, GK, R2, Zolo, Zarriss, Chaze and RJT locked behind a paywall. I don't recall having to ever pay for them and CLS was unlocked as a 7 star for free.

How about the people complaining that they took months to gear and level their character and it's unfair that NS don't have to. It took me just as long for me to get NS geared as you did, and the worst part is in order for me to get MT to gl12 I have to wait another 1 or 2 more years or spend 200 more to get her 7 star.

You also do not need DN, CLS, GK, Thrawn or anyone to 7* for them to be effective, gear and mods > stars. So don't give me this crap that its unfair that MT doesn't need to be 7* to be effective crap when that is true for more than just NS, or that Zombie is too powerful for a 3 * low gl character, because she is not, she is pathetically weak she only makes other characters stronger. Also the zombie isn't even what feeds Asajj and Daka most of the time, unless you keep killing the zombie when it's your turn when he doesn't have taunt. I would be more worried about the team that lets Daka, or MT die and then just does basic attacks on your highest HP/protection character till he has 30 stacks on Asajj. Zombie feeds so much less than a good NS players MT and Daka. I love it when someone kills MT or Daka, because every time I use a basic I either am calling Daka to stun or MT to apply more plague on everyone who is alive basic.
  • Options
    Nuriela wrote: »
    How are CLS, GK, R2, Zolo, Zarriss, Chaze and RJT locked behind a paywall. I don't recall having to ever pay for them and CLS was unlocked as a 7 star for free.

What's the difference if you are paying cash/crystals for packs and refreshes to farm pre-req characters for the above mentioned characters faster, which many people have done, including everyone with JTR right now as there was no way to slow farm veterans fast without cash/crystals, or if you spend the same cash/crystals on packs for MT and refreshes for her event?

Nothing in this game is locked behind a pay wall right now...its all locked behind a wait wall, and paying is the way to decrease the wait.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

So tell me all these people complaining about how NS are so easily farmed and they didn't have to go through a paywall like they did to get their characters. How are CLS, GK, R2, Zolo, Zarriss, Chaze and RJT locked behind a paywall. I don't recall having to ever pay for them and CLS was unlocked as a 7 star for free.

How about the people complaining that they took months to gear and level their character and it's unfair that NS don't have to. It took me just as long for me to get NS geared as you did, and the worst part is in order for me to get MT to gl12 I have to wait another 1 or 2 more years or spend 200 more to get her 7 star.

You also do not need DN, CLS, GK, Thrawn or anyone to 7* for them to be effective, gear and mods > stars. So don't give me this **** that its unfair that MT doesn't need to be 7* to be effective **** when that is true for more than just NS, or that Zombie is too powerful for a 3 * low gl character, because she is not, she is pathetically weak she only makes other characters stronger. Also the zombie isn't even what feeds Asajj and Daka most of the time, unless you keep killing the zombie when it's your turn when he doesn't have taunt. I would be more worried about the team that lets Daka, or MT die and then just does basic attacks on your highest HP/protection character till he has 30 stacks on Asajj. Zombie feeds so much less than a good NS players MT and Daka. I love it when someone kills MT or Daka, because every time I use a basic I either am calling Daka to stun or MT to apply more plague on everyone who is alive basic.

What are you even talking about? haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

You also do not need DN, CLS, GK, Thrawn or anyone to 7* for them to be effective, gear and mods > stars. So don't give me this **** that its unfair that MT doesn't need to be 7* to be effective **** when that is true for more than just NS, or that Zombie is too powerful for a 3 * low gl character, because she is not, she is pathetically weak she only makes other characters stronger. Also the zombie isn't even what feeds Asajj and Daka most of the time, unless you keep killing the zombie when it's your turn when he doesn't have taunt. I would be more worried about the team that lets Daka, or MT die and then just does basic attacks on your highest HP/protection character till he has 30 stacks on Asajj. Zombie feeds so much less than a good NS players MT and Daka. I love it when someone kills MT or Daka, because every time I use a basic I either am calling Daka to stun or MT to apply more plague on everyone who is alive basic.

I'm sorry can you not read?? Or are words to hard to understand?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

too* hard ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Glad it's not just me. I don't understand how a single thing in that post relates to anything I said. I haven't lodged a complaint about anything in this thread.
  • Options

too* hard ;)

well at least you admit to an inability to read.
This discussion has been closed.