Chimarea comin back nxt week? [MERGE]

Replies

• Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Agree, whether intentional or not, the scheduling of Chimaera vs Home One is going to be perceived as one of the most blatant money grabs I've seen on here, and that's saying something. Seriously??
    Oh, it was 100% intentional. Up until this month the order of the events has been Endurance -> Home One -> Executrix. Then this month it suddenly changed to Executrix -> Endurance -> Home One, and we find out the Chimaera is scheduled to come back right before the next Home One event. No way they didn't know exactly what they were doing there - there's no other reason to change the order like that when they've been consistent about it for months.
  • Woie
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Well I still need a refresh and a pack to 7 star home 1 which I was quite happy to drop money on this month but guess what now I don't need to as it will be 2 months before it is back again.
  • Options
    Woie wrote: »
    Well I still need a refresh and a pack to 7 star home 1 which I was quite happy to drop money on this month but guess what now I don't need to as it will be 2 months before it is back again.

If you were happy to drop money on it now, why weren't you happy to drop money on it before when the Home One event has been back multiple times. If you were even willing to buy it 1 time, you should have done it in the previous events already. At any rate, you'll unlock at 6* and save some money.
  • Options
    Yeh be close timing. Hopefully event runs thru the entire day of 25th concurrent with home one so u atleast have tht one day to finish home one to 7*. I have my chimarea at 5* now an have since finished all my rebel ships to 7* since the last chimarea event an im at 90/100 on home one so wanna be able finish it n chimarea

It’s a legendary event, so it’ll run for 7 days, as far as I know.
  • Options
    Can a dev please tell me why the Chimaera event is set to expire one day before the Home one starts, so people can’t max out their Home One ship in time?

1. Normally the event would be Ackbar -> Mace -> Tarkin. But this month you have reversed the order
    2. The Thrawn event wasn’t announced in the previous even shedule for January so no one had the oppertunity to refresh/buy the last home one shards they needed.

Will this end up with you releasing a pack in the store on the last day of the Chimaera event? It’s very frustrating having grinded all the phoenix ships and characters the past months only to get screwed by you changing the event order. Can a dev please shed some light on why this decission has been made?
  • xanderxman
    505 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I had the opportunity to refresh. And I did so. Because all it took was that one last refresh to get Home One to seven stars. At this point in the game, you should be prepared for anything. Panic farming and spending is a theme here. The refresh was available. You chose not to do it.
  • Dexermon
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It’s still kitten and you know it. They deliberately changed the order of the events just to screw people over. Most likely adding the pack to the store to have everyone spend 5k crystals
    Post edited by HeroOfCanton on
  • Options
    And that surprises you? They have to make money. The refresh was there. You didn't do it. Maybe next time something like this comes up you will. And yes, I know it was done on purpose. But I saw that and chose to refresh the event to get my shards. I also missed NRAJ Rey as I didn't spend on the Vets. I ain't mad. It is what it is. I'll get her next time. You'll get Chimaera next time.
  • Options
    Of course they did. They intentionally attacked the player who make this game great. Good call.
  • Options
    sooo apparently I missed this. I have been waiting for chimaera event for a while now ... when did it come? I also would have liked some clarification on what was needed to get chimaera ... like the tab showing in the "events" tab (I swear I have been looking and waiting for this to pop and never saw it)
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    I had the opportunity to refresh. And I did so. Because all it took was that one last refresh to get Home One to seven stars. At this point in the game, you should be prepared for anything. Panic farming and spending is a theme here. The refresh was available. You chose not to do it.

^That.

800 purple stones was a small gamble and I won't be without 7* Chimaera for another 3-6 months.

Good luck.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Dexermon wrote: »
    It’s still **** and you know it. They deliberately changed the order of the events just to screw people over. Most likely adding the pack to the store to have everyone spend 5k crystals

Probably.
  • Options
    Can a dev please tell me why the Chimaera event is set to expire one day before the Home one starts, so people can’t max out their Home One ship in time?

1. Normally the event would be Ackbar -> Mace -> Tarkin. But this month you have reversed the order
    2. The Thrawn event wasn’t announced in the previous even shedule for January so no one had the oppertunity to refresh/buy the last home one shards they needed.

Will this end up with you releasing a pack in the store on the last day of the Chimaera event? It’s very frustrating having grinded all the phoenix ships and characters the past months only to get screwed by you changing the event order. Can a dev please shed some light on why this decission has been made?

How long have you been playing this game? Did you think there was any possible way CG would give everyone a free 7* home one before they bring back the chimaera event? You know the chimaera event is due to come back some time in Jan/Feb and if they brought it back in Feb, there is no possible way for them to not give everyone a free 7* home one so I was absolutely convinced chimaera would return in Jan especially after seeing the scheduled monthly home one event is at end of Jan. Based on that I refreshed last home one event to 7* it anticipating this would happen. I do believe they will offer the home one pack during the chimaera event though. Just means u have to spend 1k crystals instead of 800.

Next time think as if you were CG, i.e., how do I extract max $ from the player base, then you will generally be correct with your expectations/anticipations.
  • Options
    Corey5068 wrote: »
    Of course they did. They intentionally attacked the player who make this game great. Good call.

Convincing people to part with their money is not the same as attacking players. I am the first to call out a bad move when I see it. This is not that. Everyone had the chance to refresh the event and get the shards. If you chose not to do it you don't get the chance for Chimaera. I still don't get why f2p people think every single ship and character in the game should be handed to them.

I am f2p and I get what I can get. I work hard to build teams to do events so I can get the new stuff. But when I miss them, I miss them. I missed NRAJ Rey. I didn't start a thread whining about it. I'm working on Vet Han so I can get her next time.
  • Options
    What a money grabbing disgrace.
  • Options
    If I had known last time Home One was there, I would have refreshed, if you look at what I write. They did NOt announce this event at all before last minute. And by all means I am no FTP players I have a GP of 3m+
  • Options
    It seemed like an obvious move to bring Chimaera back right before everyone got those last ten shards. I refreshed and finished it off then, because I didn't want to miss it.
  • Options
    If I had known last time Home One was there, I would have refreshed, if you look at what I write. They did NOt announce this event at all before last minute. And by all means I am no FTP players I have a GP of 3m+

Well, congratulations on the huge GP. I also assume that you can take first in arena. So, for less than two days worth of first place in arena you could have had a seven star Home One. Also, with that GP you should be fully aware how this game works and just done the refresh. It would have given that GP a little boost for the next TB.

• Options
    There usually isn’t an announcement for the first time a Legendary Event returns.

And if you’re a whale, I’m surprised your H1 hasn’t been 7* since the event first came out.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Last time Home One was around, if you did all the freebies you would've been at 90/100, and if you took notice- that was also about 3-4 months since Chimaera event first happened, and legendary events show up 4-6 months roughly...

Some people took notice and took the gamble, others just didn't pay attention.

If you are P2P, then sure you will be fine buying a pack to 7* your Home One next week otherwise you'll be out for months.

• Options
    xanderxman wrote: »

Convincing people to part with their money is not the same as attacking players. I am the first to call out a bad move when I see it. This is not that. Everyone had the chance to refresh the event and get the shards. If you chose not to do it you don't get the chance for Chimaera. I still don't get why f2p people think every single ship and character in the game should be handed to them.

I am f2p and I get what I can get. I work hard to build teams to do events so I can get the new stuff. But when I miss them, I miss them. I missed NRAJ Rey. I didn't start a thread whining about it. I'm working on Vet Han so I can get her next time.

Its not about no being handed, it’s the second time ir comes back, why should it be that you still need to pay crystals the second time it comes??? Most probably I won’t get her because I don’t want to spend de crystals on it, just because, and about rey, guess what, I won’t get her next time because I can’t be bothered to farm 2 useless toons over the well needed mods I need, so I’ll be farming mods for a fair bit and then maybe vets, I’ll find my way against meta like I’ve done in the past, actually 8 slots away from my G12 Ns( except talzin and zombie, they are not 7*) and will fight rey with them, but still, a disgrace that you need to spend 800-1000 crystals to get Chimaera THE SECOND, time around.
  • Options
    Sarcasm xanderxman. Everyone had the opportunity to strike while the iron was hot. I did. I will have all capital ships at 7 star when the chimera event hits, because I didn't wait around so I could cry about fairness. Lol. I love this forum. Better than cable.
  • Options
    Sarcasm xanderxman. Everyone had the opportunity to strike while the iron was hot. I did. I will have all capital ships at 7 star when the chimera event hits, because I didn't wait around so I could cry about fairness. Lol. I love this forum. Better than cable.

Well played. I fell for it and didn't see the sarcasm.

• Options
    That's because you've been reading all the complaining. They will all bow down at the alter of Rose if her kit helps res teams break nightsisters.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    sooo apparently I missed this. I have been waiting for chimaera event for a while now ... when did it come? I also would have liked some clarification on what was needed to get chimaera ... like the tab showing in the "events" tab (I swear I have been looking and waiting for this to pop and never saw it)

The return of the event was just confirmed today. If you wanted to know the requirements you could have googled it, they were posted the first time the event was here.

It requires Home One, Ghost, Phantom, and 3 of the other 4 rebel ships (Biggs, Wedge, Bistan, Cassian). Like any other legendary event, they need to be 5* to unlock at 5*, 6* for 6*, and 7* (including Home One) for 7*.
  • Options
    Its still a **** move to have Home One start ONE FREAKING DAY after the event. And to change the order of the Fleet Masteries just to make it happen that way. Not everybody was able to do the Fleet Mastery events when they first came out so those playing catch up are now screwed even if they have been doing refreshes.

Its not unexpected, but to make it ONE FREAKING DAY difference is a big slap in the face to everybody whose been working towards that. Its this type of manipulation that makes people angry and quit the games out of frustration.
  • Options
    Kinda sick of seeing people support ea on decisions like this? Can they do it? Sure. Is it annoying predictable that they would do it? Sure. But do we have to actually pretend stick up for them? Would it not be nice if they didn't take the low road for once?
  • Options
    Absolutely disgusting. What a big UP YOURS to the whole community.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hiya,
    Seems this was omitted in our most recent patch notes. Quickly rectified! I'll update the notes alongside the event Calendar.

Hi, just want to confirm there is no recurring event for us who already have a 7* Thrawn or Chimaera?

Besides, from now on, are the names of returning legendary events going to show in the calendar or some of them with recurring events will still show as recurring events?
  • Options
    Slightly off topic to the discussion at hand, but is it an extreme difference in 6* vs 7* chimaera? In terms of fleet arena viability. I know I'll be using it at 6* when I get it, as it's better than any other 6* capital ship in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.