Chimarea comin back nxt week? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    The problem with this money grab change in rotation is that not everyone has home one to 90/100 and people need to buy the refreshes or packs regardless. If the home one pack is available during the chimeara event then so be it, but by not offering the pack prior to or during the return of chimeara then ea literally went out of their way to screw players over by not allowing us to prepare for it. The punishment is missing out on "legendary" content. It would be akin to running the cls event without first returning the r2 event. It's not about getting it for free, it's about not getting it at all.
  • Options
    Darksteel wrote: »
    Slightly off topic to the discussion at hand, but is it an extreme difference in 6* vs 7* chimaera? In terms of fleet arena viability. I know I'll be using it at 6* when I get it, as it's better than any other 6* capital ship in my opinion.

It will be better at 7 stars but rng is so out of control in fleet that it won't make a huge difference. Having the final reinforcement slot would come in handy though in some cases. I routinely beat 7* chimeara with 440k power to my 5* with 375k power. It's all rng.
  • Options
    Requiring people to pay the first time is fine. Requiring we pay after waiting several months to get in the 2nd time around? What a **** move.
  • Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    I had the opportunity to refresh. And I did so. Because all it took was that one last refresh to get Home One to seven stars. At this point in the game, you should be prepared for anything. Panic farming and spending is a theme here. The refresh was available. You chose not to do it.

THIS. There has been plenty of opportunities to max out HOME ONE, knowing that you need it for when Chimera returns. People need to start taking responsibility for their actions rather then blaming everything else.
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    xanderxman wrote: »
    I had the opportunity to refresh. And I did so. Because all it took was that one last refresh to get Home One to seven stars. At this point in the game, you should be prepared for anything. Panic farming and spending is a theme here. The refresh was available. You chose not to do it.

THIS. There has been plenty of opportunities to max out HOME ONE, knowing that you need it for when Chimera returns. People need to start taking responsibility for their actions rather then blaming everything else.

People are mad they will need crystals for a 2nd release. It doesn’t matter if it’s refreshing then or packs now, it’s still crystals. There is 0 method to get him without Crystals on a 2nd release. That is unprecedented.
  • Options
    Dexermon wrote: »
    It’s still kitten and you know it. They deliberately changed the order of the events just to screw people over. Most likely adding the pack to the store to have everyone spend 5k crystals

I think it’s bull too, but to be fair, they have rotated the cap ships every month. You can go back to previous months event page to double check.
  • Options
    Rotate or not, they could have easily not taken the low today, and had Chimera event overlap, or follow, home one event. Throw us a bone every now and then.... Just to change things up!
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    I think maybe they will make the Home one shard pack will be available.

To my knowledge you need a 6* Home One to see the pack. Otherwise I'd be sorely tempted to drop cash as I've been throwing everything I have at it and just can't seem to get past those defenses.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Its still a **** move to have Home One start ONE FREAKING DAY after the event. And to change the order of the Fleet Masteries just to make it happen that way. Not everybody was able to do the Fleet Mastery events when they first came out so those playing catch up are now screwed even if they have been doing refreshes.
    This is very true. For instance, when 7* capital ships were first release, I had five light side ships at high enough star level, because that's what was required for events prior to it, but not yet a sixth, because I was working on dark side ships too, so I missed those initial events. I've hit every one since them though, and for Home One specifically since it's my fleet arena commander and I knew I'd need it for Thrawn, I've done the refresh every time.

And now I'm at 90/100 blueprints, and just stuck that way.
  • Options
    ...blatant money grabs...

Gosh this one again.

How many more times? This game is a business. How is that hard for some people to see? Staggering.

• Joost
    233 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I understand EA/CG want to make some money but this is their most ridiculous decision yet. A F2P 7* Home One is available on the 25th while the Chimaera event ends on the 24th. This is just a slap in the face of people who don't want to spent crystals on gambling. I really hope they come to their senses and make the event last at least untill Home One 7* is at least a possibility for all players.

Or else at leadt take the purchase limit away from the crystal packs so players like myself (70/100) Home One can get the Chimaera 7* this time around.
  • Options
    You know there is. No purchase limit on the home one crystal packs right?
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    #fail
  • Joost
    233 posts Member
    Options

Really? Last month I bought 1 (got 10 shards of course) and then the pack was no longer in the store.
  • wikking
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    That is really a kitten move....

Pro Tip to the decision making team: Parallel to the event only offer a 50$ Pack for Home One with 50 shards. Everyone needs 10 shards, but why don't sell them 50?
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    I don't think the refresh on the ship event is that much really. 800 crystals isn't it?
  • Options
    They can change the order of fleet events. They easily can change the way and cost to get things, too.
  • Options
    I understand that money needs to be made, but is it really necessary to slap ftp in the face twice ???
  • Options
    By now it shouldn't be a surprise. One refresh at 800 crystals over the last months would have got you there.
  • Options
    I’m p2p player but have to agree this is slap in the face. Shame on you devsd
  • Options
    Is the pack for the HomeOne available during Chimaera event? I don't remember. Last time HomeOne pack was available during HomeOne fleet mastery ONLY (as is with Executrix and Endurance packs) - so even without purchase limit for now it stands "you don't have HomeOne 7* now - you don't get 7* Chimaera", because you cant buy something that isn't in the store, doesn't matter if you want five packs, ten or only one. I myself am at 60/100 so I was counting that 1,9k crystals would get me 7* HomeOne: event (75), one pack for 1099, and then if I don't get lucky (which I probably won't), event refresh for 800. And now I'm screwed - 4,4k, and ONLY IF they bring back the pack without HomeOne fleet mastery event.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Joost wrote: »

Really? Last month I bought 1 (got 10 shards of course) and then the pack was no longer in the store.

Pretty sure I saw the pack still available for sale after I bought the 1 pack.
    And multiple whales who got H1 to 7*(the first time H1 event was released) definitely bought multiples of that pack since you can only refresh the event 1 time.
    So unless you checked again after the H1 Event ended, you should have been able to purchase more.
    Post edited by Huatimus on
  • Options
    By now it shouldn't be a surprise. One refresh at 800 crystals over the last months would have got you there.

+1
  • incrediblematten
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Many gamers played to the chimaera event. If EA changed this to make money, its time for me to quit the game. And without f2p players, the paying gamers will fight themselves.
  • Options

It would. However they made the first chimaera p2p and usually 2nd time around its ftp. This is a slap in the face for ftp players.

EA in a money grabbing scheme. I'm not shocked, just disappointed. For once can't you get by without screwing ftp over? I suppose they've got to get the money they lost after the loot box fiasco.
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Options
    So many sad peeps in here - i for one will be stoked with a 6 Star Chimaera
  • Options
    Many gamers played to the chimaera event. If EA changed this to make money, its time for me to quit the game. And without f2p players, the paying gamers will fight themselves.
    Just do it. I am ftp too but after the first event I used to refresh the Home one event every time because I could not know when Chimaera will return. You know what, at first I missed the CLS because Old Ben, and what happend: nothing.
  • Options
    The problem is, they changed the date when chimaera ends.
    Why do they change?
  • Options
    ...blatant money grabs...

Gosh this one again.

How many more times? This game is a business. How is that hard for some people to see? Staggering.

battlefront2 lootboxes are also business.
    there is the legit desire to make money on one side and pushing it too hard on the other.
  • Options
    I still need one refresh to 7* Home One (75/100). Now I'll just save my crystal for gears and kept using my 7* Executrix.
This discussion has been closed.