Chimarea comin back nxt week? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    cycles patterns, dont get people used to them than snatch the rugg from out the bottom of their feet, what would happen if they switched luke and r2 dates? same diffrence
  • Options
    It is very annoying and almost sadistic if they do not provide opportunities to level H1 with crystals. It is not just business as usual as it deliberately punishes players.

Not that of course 999 crystals for 10 shards is OK, but that one of many slaps in the face what F2P players have to endure for interacting with the SW universe through their mobile phone.
  • Options
    Gazza1988 wrote: »
    By now it shouldn't be a surprise. One refresh at 800 crystals over the last months would have got you there.

It would. However they made the first chimaera p2p and usually 2nd time around its ftp. This is a slap in the face for ftp players.

EA in a money grabbing scheme. I'm not shocked, just disappointed. For once can't you get by without screwing ftp over? I suppose they've got to get the money they lost after the loot box fiasco.

It is F2P. You earn crystals without paying for them. I do, and as a fellow F2P, I had to decide where to put my Arena earnings. I put them into Home One (even twice, fml), instead of characters, refreshes or gear.
  • Options
    might as well not give us a calender like old days so we cant point our fingers at who to blame.because its not worth a sh@t anyways
  • Options
    i donrt need a calendar for a bunch of recurring events that dont mean squat, tell me when some good sh@t is supposed to happen
  • Options
    thank you
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    I think maybe they will make the Home one shard pack will be available.

Yeah. I hope that they give us a chance to spend our hoarded crystals and not make a 30$ pack for 50 shards. Its ok monetising your game, but this is cattle farming.

I can see how EA is trying to push their player base into making that first buy. I am sure that data shows that a big percentage of people who spend once, relapse soon. But, cattle reduces output if over-exploited.

• Options
    tman135 wrote: »
    for every whale u need a f2p if not more

This.

Without people willing to pay, there is no free game for us f2p folks.

Simple as that.

• Options
    Another great move. No surprise at all.
  • Options
    for every whale u need a f2p if not more

This.

Without people willing to pay, there is no free game for us f2p folks.

Simple as that.

That is absolutely correct for independent titles by small teams.

A multi-billion franchise managed by a multi-billion gaming company is a different case. But, in the end there is no need to make just X $ profit when you can make 2X $. Its all about finding the right balance that does not break the community.
  • Options
    For those that say "nothing has been changed" - just look at the event calendars for November and December: fleet mastery events were in order Endurance, HomeOne, Executrix (once in November, twice in December, but the order remained). And suddenly in January we have Executrix, Endurance, HomeOne. Anyone doubts that it was deliberately?
  • Options
    By now it shouldn't be a surprise. One refresh at 800 crystals over the last months would have got you there.

That's a classic hindsight bias. How would you have known that one refresh was all you would have needed? Why not 2 or 3? Why not a refresh plus one more pack of 10, or any other combination? Why not the event be 2 Home One events after the majority already have it at 7 stars?
  • Options
    Agree, whether intentional or not, the scheduling of Chimaera vs Home One is going to be perceived as one of the most blatant money grabs I've seen on here, and that's saying something. Seriously??

I don't see it as a money grab, considering that currently the Home One pack is only known to be available when the Home One event is running.
  • Options
    ohhh no they dont want money your right
  • Options
    home one pack for sale right now u said??
  • AJRSuperstar
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Agree with the above post - seems that a number of people are justifying the release schedule solely on the basis they bought one pack and have therefore made the most efficient purchase in hindsight. Again, people say there were clues, but hindsight is a wonderful thing in making things look obvious after the facts are revealed.

This probably won't generate a huge amount in revenues as saving 1,000 crystals over the course of two weeks is achievable for most players. It will, however, generate unnecessary bad-will from a large group of the community who see this as deliberately greedy and mean spirited
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Boukis_KLG wrote: »
    Its all about finding the right balance that does not break the community.

Indeed and I agree. But I'm genuinely mystified why people get so trobuled/angry. If the owners and developers screw everything up because they get too greedy then that is solely their problem. Nobody else's :smile:
  • Options
    maybe for you, some people spend money on this game when they dont get what they paid for thats not acceptable , next time u go to mcdonalds order a double cheese burger they give u a single its ok because owners developers made the mistakes and your still stuck there with your single cheeseburger enjoy
  • Options
    nothing to be mystified about wake up
  • Boukis_KLG
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Its all about finding the right balance that does not break the community.

Indeed and I agree. But I'm genuinely mystified why people get so trobuled/angry. If the owners and developers screw everything up because they get too greedy then that is solely their problem. Nobody else's :smile:

Exactly. But that is also the reason behind people's vocal involvement in the discussion as they feel the only way is to shout so that they can be heard.

At least from my perspective, I logged in today to express my concern that this is not OK. I will level my Chimera at 6* and still be able to be around 10-20 in my very competitive fleet arena shard where my problem is not the 7* Chimeras but 7* Tie Reapers and an influx of whaly Silencers.

The anger and vocal attitudes is just how people argue in the internet.
  • Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »

That's a classic hindsight bias. How would you have known that one refresh was all you would have needed? Why not 2 or 3? Why not a refresh plus one more pack of 10, or any other combination? Why not the event be 2 Home One events after the majority already have it at 7 stars?

If you try to be cheap you can lose out. If you spend, you will guarantee to have it in time. I spent 800 crystals to get Executrix to 7* before DS TB came back. Wasted crystals in hindsight. But that's the name of the game: plan your farm, and spend crystals to guarantee you will be there in time.

I also spent 800 crystals back in November so I would have H1 7* in December if I spent another 800 crystals. Turns out I didn't need to spend an extra 800 crystals, so I saved those. But at the rate announced by CG at the start of the Capital Ship events, it was clear you weren't going to get H1 to 7* any time soon without spending crystals. If you complain about hindsight bias that you *only* needed to spend 800 crystals and would have done so, you also need to accept that with foresight bias you should *certainly* have spent crystals, because the time between Legendary events release and first return has been approximately 4 months, and the time to 7* any of the capital ships was set at 5 months, and only shortened to 4 by giving you an extra event in December: if you hadn't had that "freebie" extra event, you would have still been missing 15 shards after the January event.
  • Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »

Can you even do more than one refresh?

#Thingsthatmakeyousayhmmm
  • Options
    Exactly. But that is also the reason behind people's vocal involvement in the discussion as they feel the only way is to shout so that they can be heard.

Shout to try and halt the developers and owners from making a terrible business decision?

Firstly, they won't listen. Secondly, who cares if they screw their own cash cow up?

• Options
    the people who invest money in the game thats who ,if u dont care than dont comment
  • Options
    annerdumb have u ever been able to before??
  • Options
    the people who invest money in the game thats who ,if u dont care than dont comment

"Spend", not "invest" ;)

The investment bit is the illusion ;)
  • Options
    Have I ever been able to do more than one refresh? I don't remember. It's been too long since I 7-starred my H-1 and Chimaera.
This discussion has been closed.