Territory War Feedback

Replies

• Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Antisora wrote: »
    This can happen in every part of the game why single out TW?

Because in most other parts, the crash doesn't render the units unusable for the whole event.

If you go into a Combat Mission or an Arena match and crash the game renders those units unusable until their respective aspects refresh same as TW does. Arena you have to wait on the 10 minute timer, TB you have to wait til the next phase. Same way TW works.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Because in most other parts, the crash doesn't render the units unusable for the whole event.

If you go into a Combat Mission or an Arena match and crash the game renders those units unusable until their respective aspects refresh same as TW does. Arena you have to wait on the 10 minute timer, TB you have to wait til the next phase. Same way TW works.

Except TW you have to wait for the next TW

All these game crashes freezes suck
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

I never said I didn't hate it, I'm just saying that it works fundamentally the same way in that each of those other parts of the game have their own respective wait times after you use a team before you can use it again. It just so happens that Arena is only 10 minutes, TB is (at most) 24 hours from one phase to the next and TW is from one TW to the next. They're all set up the same, they're just not equal timing. That being said crashing in any of the three of those is honestly a huge pain and I really wish there would be a failsafe that gets triggered when it crashes that says the game crashed or froze and allows you to re-do the battle from the beginning.... however I feel as though that could be abused by using Airplane mode as well, but maybe they could make a double trigger so that it would also restart the game after that happens and discount anything that happens after the first crash/freeze is detected.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

I never said I didn't hate it, I'm just saying that it works fundamentally the same way in that each of those other parts of the game have their own respective wait times after you use a team before you can use it again. It just so happens that Arena is only 10 minutes, TB is (at most) 24 hours from one phase to the next and TW is from one TW to the next. They're all set up the same, they're just not equal timing. That being said crashing in any of the three of those is honestly a huge pain and I really wish there would be a failsafe that gets triggered when it crashes that says the game crashed or froze and allows you to re-do the battle from the beginning.... however I feel as though that could be abused by using Airplane mode as well, but maybe they could make a double trigger so that it would also restart the game after that happens and discount anything that happens after the first crash/freeze is detected.

Yeah that would be exploited like crazy so understand why they don't do it.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

It doesn't happen for any other game mode in swgoh. In truth, it rarely happens in other game modes. Last crash was in fleet arena months ago. It's more common for TW.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    that sounds more like an issue with your device

Why would it be my device when the game crashes when the battle session loads? It's more likely the client didn't establish a session on ea/CG server correctly, and the client didn't error handle and then crashed rather then retry.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Are you using android ?

I use iOS. I have good TW experiences where I get no crashes, and then I have really really bad TW experience where every second or third battle crashes.... so I dont think it's device or iOS version related.
    Post edited by Gavstar on
  • Options
    I’ve never had a crash on my iPad
  • Options
    Gavstar wrote: »
    that sounds more like an issue with your device

Why would it be my device when the game crashes when the battle session loads? It's more likely the client didn't establish a session on ea/CG server correctly, and the client didn't error handle and then crashed rather then retry.

Or youre device overheated, ran out of RAM, etc. I have no ide how smaryphones work, but getting a newer device has all but stopped crashes for me
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Or youre device overheated, ran out of RAM, etc. I have no ide how smaryphones work, but getting a newer device has all but stopped crashes for me

So how do I hit rank 1 in squad and fleet arena everyday without issue. Play HAAT raid for 45-60 mins on my mobile device without issue. Even Territory Battle has been stable for me allowing me to hit 113/114 battles. But yet, with TW it crashes before the battle session is loaded?

How will a new device help eliminate a potential server side issue? Oh and it's just not me affected..
  • Options

So how do I hit rank 1 in squad and fleet arena everyday without issue. Play HAAT raid for 45-60 mins on my mobile device without issue. Even Territory Battle has been stable for me allowing me to hit 113/114 battles. But yet, with TW it crashes before the battle session is loaded?

How will a new device help eliminate a potential server side issue? Oh and it's just not me affected..

So why am i not affected? Am i protected somehow? I ve actually crashed a lot more in HAAT then in TW (none, by the way).
  • Options
    1) My Raid Han was the 5th to shot!
    2) Enemy's Baze went to stealth immediately after being hit!
    No reason for this latter: the team was CLS, R2, Raid Han, Chirrut, Baze
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Our guild > Average of 1.3 milion GP with a few 2 mil players.

Total~: 65 mil GP.for 49 players

Enemy Guild > Average of 1.9 million with a handfull of 1.2 mil players

Total¬: 78 mil GP for 44 players

Do you see where the problem lies?

The enemy guild has characters our guild simply can't have because our players are not at the same level. This is not fair at all and the matchmaker is broken.

There is a big difference in having 1 player that has many good caracters and golded that is at 2 mil and 3 players that have the same thing but lesser.

Quantity does not mean quality.

So fix this and put more strict rules for the matchmaker,it's unbearable to think that we try our best,everyone is trying their best to make strategies ,coordonate,waste their time staying up looking at the TW map only to be beaten by a far superior team that doesn't even coordonate,and i tell you,they didn't coordonate,they just attacked everything,we had Empire teams in T1,Phoenix teams in T2,Sith teams in T3 with zetas and everything,it was all for nothing. (we didn't know that only this morning somebody looked their guild onto the ingame search motor)

Our strategy works,we won all of our past TW with similar level guilds(as of SWGOH and Ingame).

But these guys weren't similar,they were just strooling around stomping everything.

By the time we had finished everything we had they have just only started.

Am I even allowed to report the guild...

The Guild Wars should be : The best coordonating guild should win,not the best pay2win op stomping guild should win....

Let me tell you something : An single enemy player has cleared 15 of our Phoenix Squadrons (around 65.000 GP with good mods and omegas,etc)

15 PER SINGLE PLAYER DO YOU REALISE HOW HIGH HIS GP MUST BE?
    THIS IS NOT FAIR,AT ALL.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Same here. Everyone of my members have maybe 4 or 5 gear xii characters at best most only one or two with a average gp of 1.5m but we get matched with a guild who are able to field solid walls squads with 3 or 4 gear xii in every squad. They have to be averaging 2m. We can barely scratch them while they blow thru all our defenses.
  • Options
    We do the same though...and they still break through...

We had put Gear 12 CLS teams in T2 to stop them,it didn't.
  • Options
    Huh. Well, my guild has one every TW except for one. I don't want to see any changes.
  • Options
    i hate to say it, but on Active GP you re only about 5m GP apart, which puts you very close conpared to other matchups. Move along.
  • Options
    The TW system seems to be missing the most basic part of a usual matchmaking system. If a guild loses, match them against slightly weaker opponents next time. If they still lose, move them down a bit again until you get to a point where they win as much as they lose. Opposite for people who win a lot; keep making it harder until they're fighting equal opponents.

I would be amazed if I heard this system is actually used for TWs. So far for my guild we've lost far more than we've won, and the most recent TW was probably the worst loss we've had yet, despite following a string of much less absolute losses.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So why am i not affected? Am i protected somehow? I ve actually crashed a lot more in HAAT then in TW (none, by the way).

You probably connected to a different set of servers based on your location/region. Asian/Pacific region is bad from guild reports.
  • Options
    The TW system seems to be missing the most basic part of a usual matchmaking system. If a guild loses, match them against slightly weaker opponents next time. If they still lose, move them down a bit again until you get to a point where they win as much as they lose. Opposite for people who win a lot; keep making it harder until they're fighting equal opponents.

I would be amazed if I heard this system is actually used for TWs. So far for my guild we've lost far more than we've won, and the most recent TW was probably the worst loss we've had yet, despite following a string of much less absolute losses.

Wait so we re punishing people who use better tatics and coordination than their opponents?
  • Options

You probably connected to a different set of servers based on your location/region. Asian/Pacific region is bad from guild reports.

I am in the asia/pacific reigon, on a island called Singapore. So that explains nothing
  • Options

Wait so we re punishing people who use better tatics and coordination than their opponents?

They do this in games all the time. It's not punishing, it's rewarding by giving them an appropriate challenge, in both directions.
  • Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    Our guild > Average of 1.3 milion GP with a few 2 mil players.

Total~: 65 mil GP.for 49 players

Enemy Guild > Average of 1.9 million with a handfull of 1.2 mil players

Total¬: 78 mil GP for 44 players

Do you see where the problem lies?

The enemy guild has characters our guild simply can't have because our players are not at the same level. This is not fair at all and the matchmaker is broken.

There is a big difference in having 1 player that has many good caracters and golded that is at 2 mil and 3 players that have the same thing but lesser.

Quantity does not mean quality.

So fix your **** and put more strict rules for the matchmaker,it's unbearable to think that we try our best,everyone is trying their best to make strategies ,coordonate,waste their time staying up looking at the TW map only to be beaten by a far superior team that doesn't even coordonate,and i tell you,they didn't coordonate,they just attacked everything,we had Empire teams in T1,Phoenix teams in T2,Sith teams in T3 with zetas and everything,it was all for nothing. (we didn't know that only this morning somebody looked their guild onto the ingame search motor,big **** difference)

Our strategy works,we won all of our past TW with similar level guilds(as of SWGOH and Ingame).

But these guys weren't similar,they were just strooling around stomping everything.

By the time we had finished everything we had they have just only started.

Am I even allowed to report the guild...

The Guild Wars should be : The best coordonating guild should win,not the best pay2win op stomping guild should win....

Let me tell you something : An single enemy player has cleared 15 of our Phoenix Squadrons (around 65.000 GP with good mods and omegas,etc)

15 PER SINGLE PLAYER DO YOU REALISE HOW HIGH HIS GP MUST BE?
    THIS IS NOT FAIR,AT ALL.

Im confused. You suggest that your guild has a concentration of power in fewer more powerful members, state the enemy has their GP more evenly spread, and then complain that they have fewer but more powerful/quality toons.

Dont get me wrong, were fed up of being matched against guilds with GP concentration in a few members with ultra meta toons that we dont have a hope of beating.

But if your guild has a skew of higher GP players, then its your guild that has an advantage here.
  • Options
    how many people signed up for the TW? The system uses this number as the main factor in deciding matchups. A big part of "abuse" in TW where higher end guilds rotate people out (lets say a guild with 50 active members only have 45 signing up at a time) to get matched with lower end people and absolutely obliterate them.
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    1: do you really have to quote the whole **** thing?
    2: My guild has the NUMBERS but not the gear nor the mods.

First top 5 of enemy players in the guild :

Nightsister team 7 stars zeta, Jedi training rey, Palpatine meta, Wampa/Vader/Probe droid teams, CLS teams...

all at 7 stars and golded.

Meanwhile in our guild we barely have 2 people that have Jedi Training Rey golded with other members gold.

We all only have CLS.

CLS is easily beatable by those teams. And that's only the top 5.

Our highest player is 2 mil ,and we have 3 of them total in our guild.

The enemy guild top 10 are between 2 and 2.7 mil.

Rest are 1.5- 2 mil.

They CLEARLY have the advantage here.

When a single 2 mil player can clear 15 phoenix teams by himself,you know there's something wrong with the matchmaker.
  • FerLandrossa
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    if I didn't quote it, it wouldn't have been clear who I was questioning.

Anyway, that makes more sense now, and yes, they clearly have a skewed advantage with the more powerful GP members. The way I read what you originally had written made it sound like your guild had the ones over 2mil and the enemy didn't.

We have had similar skewed match ups happen to us a few times, including once where we had 44 active members, but could only set 18 defences per sector, with some of their active members over 2.6mil GP vs our highest 2mil at that time. We hit an impassable kenobi and jedi rey team in the front sectors. We don't even have those toons in our guild.

On the plus side, it is so very pleasing when you are massively out-matched and a clear under dog against some massive whales, and somehow manage to coordinate a victory against them.

Good luck for future and feel your pain.

Watch out future match ups, your guilds GP is very close to ours!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    2558sr.jpg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    1) when multiple toons have 100% TM, RNG decides who shoots first. Did he get stunned by the oither Raid Han?

2)Taunt overrides stealth, so he could have been both and when taunt ended or was removed stealth takes over.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    1) when multiple toons have 100% TM, RNG decides who shoots first. Did he get stunned by the oither Raid Han?

2)Taunt overrides stealth, so he could have been both and when taunt ended or was removed stealth takes over.

Are you sure on the second part? In fleet arena when I use my stealth ability from ghost on biggs, even if he has taunt he goes into stealth.
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Are you sure on the second part? In fleet arena when I use my stealth ability from ghost on biggs, even if he has taunt he goes into stealth.

I see it often in normal arena. There is a r2d2 chaze old Ben lando team I face nearly every day where this often occurs.
This discussion has been closed.