Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    It...has...always...been...that....way....for....me.

Lol. I mean really, how do you deal with all those green plusses?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MolCrudia
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It was just easier when coming out of shops to see. If the red bubble was there go in and gear if not don’t bother. It is just an annoyance for me but like I said found a work around so all good now.
  • Options
    Most of the changes I'll be able to adapt to, but one thing that I cannot stand is that now available ability upgrades appear on the characters box. This means that now I cannot tell if I have any gear I can equip my characters, or if any can be promoted, as almost all my characters do not have their abilities fully upgraded to what they could be. I fail to see how this is of any particular improvement to anybody else, as an available ability upgrade is something you are unlikely just to suddenly notice it's available. Instead it just makes things intensely difficult for people like me who have many ability upgrades available. Please please please change this.
    I feel like we had this happen on an upgrade a long time ago and they corrected it, so I am hoping they will do so again. Because getting that 3+ alert on the cantina screen for ability upgrades you are deliberately ignoring as you save up for a zeta upgrade is annoying as heck and as you said makes it difficult to know if you have a pending gear upgrade or star level upgrade available

If you go into the ship section of cantina you can still tell. It is a few more seconds but red bubble only appears there when gear or shard upgrades are available
  • Options
    Wouldn't be that big of a deal if they added "reminders settings" and put checkboxes in there: gear, abilities, promotions. You could set for yourself what do you want to be reminded of.
  • Options

I am talking about on the cantina screen. The alerts are red to get you to tap them. They are annoying. You want to make them go away. When the alert shows up and you can’t make it go away (because you are saving up for a zeta upgrade) it just sits there annoying you. It also means you don’t know if you have a gear update ready until you actually enter the character menu.

It’s a change that both decreases functionality and makes the game more annoying. That makes it a bad change.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

I am talking about on the cantina screen. The alerts are red to get you to tap them. They are annoying. You want to make them go away. When the alert shows up and you can’t make it go away (because you are saving up for a zeta upgrade) it just sits there annoying you. It also means you don’t know if you have a gear update ready until you actually enter the character menu.

It’s a change that both decreases functionality and makes the game more annoying. That makes it a bad change.

Again, it's always been that way for me. The character icon has said "3+" since like the first week after I started playing.
  • Options

Again, it's always been that way for me. The character icon has said "3+" since like the first week after I started playing.

Do you think it decreases the functionality of the game? I don't. They should use this as a way to conquer their OCD.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

Do you think it decreases the functionality of the game? I don't. They should use this as a way to conquer their OCD.

I just ignore it like always.
  • Options
    They should use this as a way to conquer their OCD.

I shouldn't laugh I know...but....

People get themselves stressed about the most bizarre things. I wish I had as little to worry about in my real life.

• Options

Wouldn’t it be nice if it didn’t though?
  • Options
    ^ You @SquirtyMcFunbuns have just stolen the title of "Best Name on the Forum" from @Syrup_Chugger3 .

I hope you're pleased with yourself.
  • Options
    Hate the auto-sort by height. Useless and even non-logic. Why can't we just put them where we want? My tanks are behind my glasscanon... Lets us play like we want. The other modifications are nice tho.
  • Options
    ^ You @SquirtyMcFunbuns have just stolen the title of "Best Name on the Forum" from @Syrup_Chugger3 .

I hope you're pleased with yourself.

Lolz... I'll allow it!
  • Options

I just ignore it like always.

My game suffered for following the red dot.
  • Options

People get themselves stressed about the most bizarre things. I wish I had as little to worry about in my real life.

I can't stand seeing the red dot on my phone, but this game is showing me that the overall goal is more important that satisfying my irrational desire to make it go away. For example, I was able to gear 12 gen ken the same day I got him to 7* because I ignored it for 3 months.
  • Options
    Some good (favs at the top), some bad (tw changes) with this update. But I'll focus on one area where I think the devs really missed the mark: the Text Search.
    I was hoping it'd do some intelligent shorthand name matching, and sadly it does not. I'd want to be able to enter quick shorthand for heroes - like "E P" for Emperor Palpatine (it matches First Order TIE Pilot, Resistance Pilot, FOSFTP instead). Or acronyms - FOST for first order stormtrooper (no results). It basically does a simple substring search. Matching should never match the middle of a word, as typing "as" to get assaj also returns Cassian, KRU, Phasma, GM yoda, Clone serg, Sith Assassin. It should only return Assaj and Sith Assassin.
    What I'd want to see is proper space-separated partial matching:
    1. If only 1 word there, match the beginning of any words in the hero's name or tags. "yo" would give my GM yoda or hermit yoda.
    2. If more than one word is there, the second must come after the first, ie "E P" gives Palp, or "S TR" gives sith trooper.
    3. Never match the middle of a word ("le" for Leia shows you all the healers)
    4. If no matches occur, try the word as an acronym (DV for vader, FOTP for first order tie pilot).
    But really, if only one thing can happen, do #3. Matching the middle of words gives some very strange results.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

I wouldn't hate it but I really don't care either way. You get used to it and then you don't even notice it anymore.
  • Options

I can't stand seeing the red dot on my phone, but this game is showing me that the overall goal is more important that satisfying my irrational desire to make it go away. For example, I was able to gear 12 gen ken the same day I got him to 7* because I ignored it for 3 months.

There's a guy in my guild that makes it a point to have as many red dots as he can. He's even happier when they're all +3 red dots. Seems weird to me. But maybe you can try that for a while.
  • Options
    Turasleon wrote: »
    So is that galactic war sim requirement retroactive, or is the assumption that people need to play another half a year to make use of the feature?

Good point as update now live & I've far exceeded 150 & no sim button has appeared.
  • Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    Calm down everyone. You can favorite a character that’s not activated now!

But now the lowly chars I'm collecting shards for are top of all the lists! My favs are all not maxed chars. Put them back in power sort where they belong!
  • Options

I wouldn't hate it but I really don't care either way. You get used to it and then you don't even notice it anymore.

You don’t notice it, but other people do. Especially people with OCD.
    I used up all gear so there’s no green plus.
    There didn’t used to be any 3+ notification badge as it wasn’t triggered by ability upgrades.
    Yes, I click on every single notification badge, even if it’s 1 WhatsApp message or 1 Discord Message or 1 Email.
    I religiously clear every single notification badge on every single app on every single device.

So no, I’ll never get used to it. You’ll never understand.

• Options
    Nothing about mods management, or increased maximum number in storage? Bronzium multi-draw is also much needed. Not complaining about what IS there, just disappointed about what is missing.

Yup each time I buy a mod or get any in an event I have to delete others to fit them in. Can't even farm them ever again! Raise the limit!
  • Options
    Xoulrath wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Anyone else really worried about the height changing squad position. I purposely put characters in locations where I know I can click on them. I've always had trouble with some spots. I realize that they are trying to fix it so it works. But could easily cause it to happen.
    I do the same thing. I also set up my team in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to me. For example, in the current Jedi team that I run, I always put GMYoda to the right of Mace (L) on the front line, because they are from the same era. Maybe it's ****, but it's how I like to do it.

As far as I'm concerned, They really only need to do this for your opponent, as I've never had a single problem clicking on my team.
    This explains y my TF ship, that's always been out front is now back right & I HATE it! Put it back to where it was! Let people move their own darn chars/ships placement if they want. Leave mine where I put them!!!
  • Options
    Tactyou wrote: »
    Everything seems good until I read the TW changes, makes me think it’s going to make life more complicated for players. A few more points for successful defense is all I hope for. Not some algebra and calculus thing...

Can't even be bothered reading the tome of new rules. I hate tw & this will only make me hate it more. We've only won once & I don't care. Worst part of the game.
  • Options
    I still can’t sim the GW. I’ve completed well over 150 times. Any ideas?
  • Options
    FrogManTX wrote: »
    I still can’t sim the GW. I’ve completed well over 150 times. Any ideas?

The Update is not live... You will be able to do it possibly tonight if there isn't any change
  • Options
    Dear EA, now that you are allowing us to SIM GW, can you bring back the old difficulty level? (or make it even harder?) This is a win for everyone. People who wan't the challenge and something to do can play GW. People who don't can SIM it.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

There's a guy in my guild that makes it a point to have as many red dots as he can. He's even happier when they're all +3 red dots. Seems weird to me. But maybe you can try that for a while.

I've settled on one character or team. Get those guys to 11 or 12 and then move on. It's worked out well so far.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Why do we need a slider for bronzium? Sit down and spend the amount you hoarded. Get your kids to do it. Whatever. Then it takes all of 45s a day to spend. Stop waiting for an update.

@SwarmyStargazer the real issue with lbrunziums started about a year ago. They had a game mode called tournaments, which required you to stack up ally points. I've had about 400k saved when the game mode was cancelled (since it was a total bust). Since than, I've been waiting for an efficient way to get rid of them. I've, when I was at 500k or so, I've decided getting rid of it. So I've spent 5 hours on it. I was down to 100k, than I gave up. Now I got back to 940k.
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Why do we need a slider for bronzium? Sit down and spend the amount you hoarded. Get your kids to do it. Whatever. Then it takes all of 45s a day to spend. Stop waiting for an update.

@SwarmyStargazer the real issue with lbrunziums started about a year ago. They had a game mode called tournaments, which required you to stack up ally points. I've had about 400k saved when the game mode was cancelled (since it was a total bust). Since than, I've been waiting for an efficient way to get rid of them. I've, when I was at 500k or so, I've decided getting rid of it. So I've spent 5 hours on it. I was down to 100k, than I gave up. Now I got back to 940k.

Similar with me. was over 1000k. Hours and hours & days later eventually got to 500k. Also given up even tho I want shard shop currency. Until tournaments I opened all I had every day easily. They made us hoard for tournaments, were cagey on whether they would ever be used for something else, & by the time they told us they wouldn't be we all had so many it was like saving yourself from a sinking boat with a cup to try & use them all.
  • Options
    Dear EA, now that you are allowing us to SIM GW, can you bring back the old difficulty level? (or make it even harder?) This is a win for everyone. People who wan't the challenge and something to do can play GW. People who don't can SIM it.

You have some challenge in many other game mode : arena, TW, Hoth battles.. No need to restore old galactic war.. You can use it to test many middle power squads and set up wich one is cool to play or to invest in.. no other play modes give option to do it..