Territory War Feedback

Replies

• Putnam
    194 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    We are fighting a guild with 30 more mil GP than us (159 mil GP) and they are playing this TW with 46/50 people registered.

What they are doing is rotating 4 people to not register for TW each time. The people are different each time. That way their GP is lower for TW but they are still extremely strong (superior in all ways - g12s, ships, zetas, we should not have them as an opponent).

Even if they leave out 4 people each tW, over a 2 month period everyone gets more zetas because they are getting easy wins. So the people that sit out don’t feel bad about it, cause they are getting more rewards over time.

This is manipulating the system. Because the system is broken. This needs to be addressed, TW is not fun for us that want to play fair.
  • Options
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious how it is you know this other team is doing all this stuff. Have you faced them before? Did you somehow get in touch with them and they said "yeah, we're purposefully sandbagging to make your life difficult, lulz"?

What evidence do you have that any of the stuff you said is actually reality as opposed to just what you think could be happening?
  • Options
    Seriously? The one thing that the devs put in so that you can have a life outside of the game? Dont complain about payout times, etc etc anymore then
  • Options
    We are fighting the 15th largest guild in terms of GP, and we are 151st.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    kick 4 members for 10 minutes, total GP and participating GP will be equal and they'll still have the advantage they're apparantly looking for.
    Your sollution makes the situation worse for guilds who aren't trying to "game the system" without actually preventing guilds from intentionally "gaming the system".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    kick 4 members for 10 minutes, total GP and participating GP will be equal and they'll still have the advantage they're apparantly looking for.
    Your sollution makes the situation worse for guilds who aren't trying to "game the system" without actually preventing guilds from intentionally "gaming the system".

Basically. Using only total GP will not help the issue (even though kicking people can be tricky with raid rewards).

A better solution is to actually fix the matchmaking. Not sure what they are using, but out of 11 TW, this TW is the first time we are "evenly" matched in any way, shape, or form outside of guild GP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Every thing in this game is based on time, if this is what they are doing, that makes no sense. They would be losing in the long run, unless they absolutely can't win. And even if that was the case forcing a tie would still result in a break even with dropping players....

Anyway, the point of active GP being one of the factors is to allow people to take breaks and not hurt the guild. So just basing off total GP is not a good idea.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Basically. Using only total GP will not help the issue (even though kicking people can be tricky with raid rewards).

A better solution is to actually fix the matchmaking. Not sure what they are using, but out of 11 TW, this TW is the first time we are "evenly" matched in any way, shape, or form outside of guild GP.

Not getting rewards doesn't seem to be an issue for the players in question ;)
    I still think matching guilds based on number of participants aswell as GP is a good idea, but i guess that won't work for the 5th ranked guild based on GP.
  • Options
    Why not make it based on participating GP? Both problems solved - no cheating the system and people can still take breaks should they wish to.
  • Options
    They need to fix the matchmaking
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Why not make it based on participating GP? Both problems solved - no cheating the system and people can still take breaks should they wish to.

That's how it is now.
  • Options
    Moved to Territory Wars subsection.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    This should be a serious discussion.
    Most complaints I see are because of reward differences. Why should you put that much effort into a game mode for one more zeta and little bit more gear?

because a single zeta, stun cuffs, holo projectors, catbantis, raid tokens, raid event tokens are worth my 15mins of defense toons and a hour of attack
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    depending on how such a system is impletemented, it will most likely only benefit the very few. The very few that don't need extra motivation to begin with i might add.
  • Options
    The issue here is with the matchmaking, like @Putnam says.

Particularly at the high end of the guild food chain, there are very few guilds with comparable GP. Looking at the leaderboard there are 24 guilds with GP > 150M and a further 29 with 140M < GP < 150M.

Now it will potentially get stale pretty quickly, but why would the 29 in the 140M-150M bracket be matched against anyone other than another guild in that bracket? Anything above that GP, they're liable to be annihilated, anything below and they're liable to annihilate them.

And what %age of GP Difference makes for a competitive TW? I'm sure a 50M GP guild would have a close match against a 55M GP guild (a 10% difference), but would 120M v 132M be as close? I doubt it.

For me, one of the biggest problems with TW is that there is a relatively small pool of guilds who you would enjoy a close match against, and the Devs appear to have written a matching algorithm that favours varied opponents ahead of close matches
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    It would benefit everyone with more rewards. Places like arena and over 100 you could %.
    First 100 prices an 1%- 10%, 11%-30% and so on.
    Or different rewards for GP groups.
    What they shouldn't do is the defeated GP thing.
    You get more points for more cleared field's, for first kills and stuff.
    This would be the best change by far I think

Actually, IMO the best change that they could make to TW is to cancel it altogether and give us a TB every week.
  • Options
    I think we’re making the same point here.

At lower levels it should be possible for guilds to face other guilds of very similar GP. Hearing that guilds are facing others with a huge GP deficit makes me think the matching algorithm must have a pretty wide threshold.

At higher levels, where there are fewer guilds of similar GP, we should be facing the same guilds time and again. But we’re not and mismatches are common.

Personally I care more about even matches than I do about varied opponents. I’m sure most guilds feel the same.
  • Options
    The issue here is with the matchmaking, like @Putnam says.

Particularly at the high end of the guild food chain, there are very few guilds with comparable GP. Looking at the leaderboard there are 24 guilds with GP > 150M and a further 29 with 140M < GP < 150M.

Now it will potentially get stale pretty quickly, but why would the 29 in the 140M-150M bracket be matched against anyone other than another guild in that bracket? Anything above that GP, they're liable to be annihilated, anything below and they're liable to annihilate them.

And what %age of GP Difference makes for a competitive TW? I'm sure a 50M GP guild would have a close match against a 55M GP guild (a 10% difference), but would 120M v 132M be as close? I doubt it.

For me, one of the biggest problems with TW is that there is a relatively small pool of guilds who you would enjoy a close match against, and the Devs appear to have written a matching algorithm that favours varied opponents ahead of close matches

I don't give a **** about the top guilds. Too bad. A problem of their own doing. Only way to make it fair is to put a cap on guild gp total.
    10 times we have been matched with teams way above us and 10 times we've been slaughtered. How about matching a guild with another guild of equal value. Is that so hard or is this a scam to reward the whale guilds?

So we re not gonna let people build their toons now?
  • Options
    So I build an Emperor Palpatine with gear and zeta in time for TW, only to have the this team enter into battle and crash. There for not only losing, but the moment that was suppose to be fun and exciting.
  • Options
    This can happen in every part of the game why single out TW?
  • Options
    that sounds more like an issue with your device
  • Options
    Are you using android ?
  • Options
    Antisora wrote: »
    This can happen in every part of the game why single out TW?

Because in most other parts, the crash doesn't render the units unusable for the whole event.
  • Options
    Rebellions are built on hope. It's the game telling you not to use empire
This discussion has been closed.