[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I see a lot of people struggling with FOST. Honestly farm Kylo Unmasked it's a lot easier and he is much better in the long run.
    And sou also get his ship as a bonus

• Options
    The 2 days notice on stuff is really beginning to **** my guild off tbh
  • Options
    Just terrible how they announce these events a few day before it comes out. Literally the only good thing for me about this is that I still have time to farm Phoenix for Thrawn
  • Options
    You’ve had 3 months to prepare.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    My guild has worked hard to get to where we are. We're coordinated by 5/6 members who really put the time in. A couple of us got JTR first time around.. Granted I bought one pack, but was farming the vet shards in the shipments for weeks prior to the event.
    Not only has she come back way sooner than she should have, only my guild mates who had nobody else to farm that was required were able to get even close to unlocking her this time around.
    This is NOT the way this game should be run.
  • Options
    Guys, they use the same release cadence for every legendary character. I have been telling my guildmates that JTrey would be coming back in March since the first event ended. 3 months after first release is the normal cadence.
  • Options
    I could care less about BB8 and JTR. Like most FTP or mostly FTP players. We don't have the requirements for these characters. Characters like Thrawn and R2 need to return!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, just broke the news to my guild. I'll stay away for the next couple of hours. I should be able to get her provided I'm strong enough, but most of my guild won't.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Cal00054 wrote: »
    I've got JTR... Do you not remember the previous cadences for legendary toons? Fellow guild mates had started the Vet grind ready for when this event SHOULD have come back around in 3 months.

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Just terrible how they announce these events a few day before it comes out. Literally the only good thing for me about this is that I still have time to farm Phoenix for Thrawn

Farming Phoenix for thrawn? Don’t be silly!
    You should definitely not farm any of the required toons for the legendary/hero’s journey toons until the day that they announce the event is coming back!!

How else will you be able to complain that there are “only 3 days” to prepare if you do something as foolish as preparing early?
  • Options
    DJphenom wrote: »
    Guys, they use the same release cadence for every legendary character. I have been telling my guildmates that JTrey would be coming back in March since the first event ended. 3 months after first release is the normal cadence.

No it isn't. CLS was released in August and came back in december. That's 4 months. I haven't paid attention to the others but I don't think there's one consistent release cadence. That would make it too predictable.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I thought it was four months between CLS events but I could be wrong.

Either way, I figured it would be soon. If for no better reason than to help people in their sith raid struggles.
  • Options

rey was not a legendary event she was a hero's journy like luke who took around 4 1/2 months to come back
  • Options
    Absolute garbage Capital Games! I've been working on characters for months for JTR. Your original March update showed no JTR event. Now you spring this on us 3 days before the event starts and so many people are not going to be ready. With some heads up everyone at least could have pushed the farming a little harder. Thanks for that! 4 months wasted!
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    CLS Hero's Journey was 6 months. Would have thought the same of this one.
  • Vengence
    1103 posts Member
    Options
    Double Drops? Maybe help out the player base
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    CLS Hero's journey was a little over 4 months.

Told my guild ages ago that she would be back no later than end of april if not sooner.

Took me two months to farm both vets to 7*. It's an absolute chore but it can be done.
  • Options
    3 days notice for "two" "concurrent" legendary events!!!! No prior information, no double drops, no gap between the two events, no communication till a few hours back, etc.

This is yet another low in the history of poor customer relationship management. I have been diligently farming FO and Vets for the past many months on the assumption that F2P will get reasonable time, heads up and gap between the two OP legendary toon events!!!!

NOT DONE!!
  • Jxm82
    13 posts Member
    Options
    BBW8 wrote: »

Why does everyone always claim 6 months? Lol. It was a little over 4. Every legendary character and CLS were basically 4 months so this is actually early but nothings been 6 months.
  • DJphenom
    78 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    sarigis wrote: »

rey was not a legendary event she was a hero's journy like luke who took around 4 1/2 months to come back

I'll give you guys a gameplay tip. When an event comes out and you cannot finish it because you don't have the right toons, you should just start farming those toons and don't stop until you're done. This way you are prepared the next time that event comes around. You're welcome.
  • Options
    People saying "you've had 3 months to prepare" are missing the point, which is that we are given a monthly calendar, that supposedly informs us on what events we should expect to see or not to see. Why even bother having such a calendar if events can just be repeatedly sprung on everyone like this?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I'll give you guys a gameplay tip. When an event comes out and you cannot finish it because you don't have the right toons, you should just start farming those toons and don't stop until you're done. This way you are prepared the next time an event comes around. You're welcome.

This is what I do every time. Only gotten a toon the first time once. Have never missed out the second time around.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    It's because they needed to enrage you with something different than expose to distract from expose. They basically applied an expose debuff to their controversy.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    3 days notice for "two" "concurrent" legendary events!!!! No prior information, no double drops, no gap between the two events, no communication till a few hours back, etc.

This is yet another low in the history of poor customer relationship management. I have been diligently farming FO and Vets for the past many months on the assumption that F2P will get reasonable time, heads up and gap between the two OP legendary toon events!!!!

NOT DONE!!

I’m honestly curious about why you would assume you would get a long heads up? History certainly hasn’t supported that.
    Since the day after the first event finished, most of us could have told you EXACTLY how this would play out.
  • Options
    Have you learned nothing from past events? They've brought back plenty of things early/out of cycle with little to no announcement before. If you miss a legendary/hero's journey the first time around... keep farming it anyway, because you know it's coming back, and it's better to have it done and be ready than to be outside the wall with torches and pitchforks.

• Options
    yep I agree with the OP. I started farming vets about 2 weeks ago anticipating a release at the same cadence as CLS. The drop rate is so horrible at even 3 refreshes a day I'm still 5 and 4 stars for each character.

now this will push her next event back even further. All of this because of the poor foresight on how this raid would work. You've basically obsoleted 95% of the toons in this game and left no time for people to farm.

Consider me annoyed.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @JaggedJ drop rates are random. Some people can farm vets in two months, some it takes 6 months. I have been farming vets since they were announced as requirements the first time and still don't have 7 star. It's just the way Luck works in this game. 3 refreshes a day, and all cantina energy on vets except once a week farm mods. Still haven't been able to 7 star hem because of drop rate. So please don't say anyone who misses her 2nd time didn't start soon enough. I'm not willing to do more han 3 refreshes a day or spend money on Vets ( who are awful) just to get a nerfed legendary.
    Post edited by FierceRevan on
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    sarigis wrote: »

I'll give you guys a gameplay tip. When an event comes out and you cannot finish it because you don't have the right toons, you should just start farming those toons and don't stop until you're done. This way you are prepared the next time that event comes around. You're welcome.

Tip noted. I've been a player since the first couple of weeks this game was released and have farmed the way you mentioned.. I have JTR, I'm saying that to stop people moaning about the raid being so poor they are bringing back the only toon who can beat it earlier than most suspected.
  • Options
    Cal00054 wrote: »

I boo your post! The established business practice is 6 months. I relied on the established business practice by farming for fun the first three months and recently switched to the smuggler bros for the following three months. Now, I have three days. My response: No jtr for me and no money for ea. I think I won!
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @DJphenom see my comment above. Here's a tip, this game is based on luck. Don't chastise people for having bad luck in their drop rates. While it may have taken you 2 months to farm vets, it has taken me since vets were announced as the requirement the first time , to get them 6 starred. I have spent 300 crystals a day on refreshes for 3-4 months or whatever. Absurd waste of time, and crystals since she is now nerfed and coming before I can get her. Not saying "poor me" but saying she is coming ahead of schedule, and that it is annoying I have spent 4 months farming useless smugglers for no reason
    Post edited by FierceRevan on
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner