[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Nurgle wrote: »
    Farm

But it‘s also fact that the whole situation with communication and timing could‘ve been handled better.

THIS!
  • Sumbu
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Can we please get a credit heist to level up our new toons? I can only get Rey to 76 right now(only have about 3.8 million credits) and still need to do BB8 as well. My last post was deleted as I only had 2.2 million credits and because the level I posted wasn't an acceptable number to post. (I guess they should skip that level altogether then? I wouldn't mind saving a few hundred thousand credits if I can't say the level I did earlier :P )

Sunday...

• Options
    11 more shards! Should have her by tomorrow

I cant wait to see how good her nerf is lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please stay on topic and let's avoid personal attacks.
  • Krash133xxx
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lets assume for a moment the developers read these forum (since they occasionally reply). Don't you think it is a good idea to discuss legitimate criticism of the game such as out of rotation unscheduled legendary character events? Some of you were ready, great, you get the prize. Many of us were in the process of farming vets based on the established history of event releases. I am about 30-45 days away based on average drop rates and likely $20 for some extra crystals. I'm not angry but I am a little disappointed and I want the developers to be aware of it. I'm not sure why the people who are ready for the event are so angry at those of us who are not. On the heels of a raid release that no one likes, I would just like the developers to take a closer look at how some of their recent decisions have negatively effected many of our attitudes toward a game we all love. We cannot change what is already in motion, but perhaps we can effect future decision-making.
    (Note to the developers, thanks for saving me $20)
  • Options
    Lets assume for a moment the developers read these forum (since they occasionally reply). Don't you think it is a good idea to discuss legitimate criticism of the game such as out of rotation unscheduled legendary character events? Some of you were ready, great, you get the prize. Many of us were in the process of farming vets based on the established history of event releases. I am about 30-45 days away based on average drop rates and likely $20 for some extra crystals. I'm not angry but I am a little disappointed and I want the developers to be aware of it. I'm not sure why the people who are ready for the event are so angry at those of us who are not. On the heels of a raid release that no one likes, I would just like the developers to take a closer look at how some of their recent decisions have negatively effected many of our attitudes toward a game we all love. We cannot change what is already in motion, but perhaps we can effect future decision-making.

there is no established rotation of player events for legendary events. A single data point is not considered a statistic

Or was it heroic event.

Same point tho
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Completely agree with this, but @Krash133xxx there is no legendary stated schedule, or Hero Journey schedule. People have made assumptions and conjecture based on a single point of reference. While I understand being a little upset if you will not make it, or feeling a panic farm was induced. There is really no basis to say anything is "early" or "out of schedule" or "off rotation". IMO.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    11 more shards! Should have her by tomorrow

I cant wait to see how good her nerf is lol

Congratulations, she’s a great character. Hard to grind for but we’ll worth it.

Used her in STR tier 6, phase 1 yesterday. Didn’t notice much of a difference. Recorded 1.1 mil on auto. I was at 1.3 on auto previously.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I don‘t think people who are ready Rey are angry at people who are not.
    It‘s more like people who have prepared for Rey are angry at people who haven‘t prepared for Rey and solely blame that on CG based on assumptions.

I personally don‘t support blaming CG in this case (which I often do), but I get where they are coming from. If both sides would show a little bit more of understanding the discussion would be quite different.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Completely agree with this, but @Krash133xxx there is no legendary stated schedule, or Hero Journey schedule. People have made assumptions and conjecture based on a single point of reference. While I understand being a little upset if you will not make it, or feeling a panic farm was induced. There is really no basis to say anything is "early" or "out of schedule" or "off rotation". IMO.

IMO there is. We are not trying to evaluate drop rates or analyze random data. Those events are manually and consciously scheduled by people. They have a stated rarity (as such one may expect legendary events to be less rare than heroes’ journey) and they have a logical, rational rotation, made by people, not statistics.
    Yes it is subject to changes, yes it rely on their will and they havent given any kind of locked schedule, but to say that it makes no sense to expect anything is straight up dishonest.

Rey event came after r2d2 in december and now before him again. So r2d2 is effectively a rarer character than rey now, which can be unexpected/surprising for some people. She also comes much earlier than CLS did the seconde time which further add to the surprise. She finally comes the exact same day as bb8, not the week after like it has been for the other journeys, another surprising fact.

I’m fairly new to the game, unlocked the vets nodes like a week ago so i really do not care about her coming now or in a month. And while i agree that it’s all about choices and blabla (much easier to make choices when you dont have like 15 different events all important and all requiring differents teams that you need to work on because you started the game late, but that’s how it is :P ), precisely because of the lack of information and the insane amount of work to do, you have to try and optimise your farming schedule if you dont want to miss everything everytime. If you focus too early on a char, you will miss every event around it and may end up loosing even more, especially as a f2p (which i’m not^^)

So to be fair I understand the complains, not about the lack of communication, but about what ends up being a fairly important rng factor in your account progression, where making the right / wrong decision (based on nothing else than random speculations, so people here say) can save you / lose you months compared to the rest of your (recent) shard.
    Of course that’s just my humble opinion as a newer player :P

Edit : my mistake she came after but still, she is now even with 2 legendary events so my point stays.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

there is no established rotation of player events for legendary events. A single data point is not considered a statistic

Or was it heroic event.

Same point tho

Agree but also disagree. There is no cadence for release, but unless I’m mistaken, this is the first time that two events have been launched concurrently, and the first time that they have been launched with so little warning. Hasn’t CG usually updated the calendar about a week before an event launch? I don’t have the hard data on this - just going anecdotally.

It’s this that rankles so much, I think. There has been a lot of heat over the Sith raid and the nerf followed by this sudden character drop. Lack of communication is also not helping and trust seems to be pretty low as a result, so no one is really believing the idea that this was intentional, because of the different way that it was done and the context at the time. It’s a little like the whole H&M thing with the black kid in the monkey hoodie. If it had been any other kid, it would have been fine - but the choice they made was ridiculously tone-deaf.

If CG came out and said something like: ‘we launched the sith raid and didn’t expect the STHan thing. We need to cut that out but know that it’s going to **** you off. As a result, here is JTrey early. This is an extra and won’t affect when we release her again’ (if this is the case)’ or something like that... maybe. I dunno. Hard to say really. I’m not in their office so don’t know their planning or business model, so don’t know how they’re rationalising their decisions or communication.
  • TCS
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @JohnAran I think @Kyno ‘s point wasn’t that there couldn’t be a schedule since it is created by the devs (unlike drop rates which are stat based and can be random). I believe their point was that there is not a stated schedule. We have few data points and just because we can connect the dots is not enough to determine a trend. It’s all we have currently so we draw conclusions around that but the fact is that they develop the release schedule themselves. And to be fair, this should have been a bit more obvious to people because of TLJ’s digital/DVD release. That’s what I based my personal farming schedule around at least.

Buuuuuuuuut I agree with the general consensus that they definitely could provide more transparency with release windows for events. Maybe not to the exact day but like “look out in the second half of March for A Rey of Sunshine”. Personally I really miss the little clues and candor that @CG_Kozispoon used to provide. Maybe her/that style will come back SoonTM (August?). To be fair, it’s a big game with a lot of devs behind it and it is free so to stay that way they need to incentivize spending.

Last point:
    R2 has come up four times, not two ;)
    May 2017, August 2017, October 2017, December 2017. I’m sure he’ll roll up again soon!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

IMO there is. We are not trying to evaluate drop rates or analyze random data. Those events are manually and consciously scheduled by people. They have a stated rarity (as such one may expect legendary events to be less rare than heroes’ journey) and they have a logical, rational rotation, made by people, not statistics.
    Yes it is subject to changes, yes it rely on their will and they havent given any kind of locked schedule, but to say that it makes no sense to expect anything is straight up dishonest.

Rey event came after r2d2 in december and now before him again. So r2d2 is effectively a rarer character than rey now, which can be unexpected/surprising for some people. She also comes much earlier than CLS did the seconde time which further add to the surprise. She finally comes the exact same day as bb8, not the week after like it has been for the other journeys, another surprising fact.

I’m fairly new to the game, unlocked the vets nodes like a week ago so i really do not care about her coming now or in a month. And while i agree that it’s all about choices and blabla (much easier to make choices when you dont have like 15 different events all important and all requiring differents teams that you need to work on because you started the game late, but that’s how it is :P ), precisely because of the lack of information and the insane amount of work to do, you have to try and optimise your farming schedule if you dont want to miss everything everytime. If you focus too early on a char, you will miss every event around it and may end up loosing even more, especially as a f2p (which i’m not^^)

So to be fair I understand the complains, not about the lack of communication, but about what ends up being a fairly important rng factor in your account progression, where making the right / wrong decision (based on nothing else than random speculations, so people here say) can save you / lose you months compared to the rest of your (recent) shard.
    Of course that’s just my humble opinion as a newer player :P

Edit : my mistake she came after but still, she is now even with 2 legendary events so my point stays.

At no point did I say it doesn't make sense. What I am saying is there is not enough data to say, that any conclusions based on previous events should be considered "the normal". Conjecture is not the same as a trend.

As you stated the schedule for R2 is not what you expected, which is precisely my point. There is nothing set about the reoccursnce of these events, at least not until it is stated as such.

I'm not trying to say right or wrong, I'm just pointing out that we cannot say things are "early" when we have no established timeline.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    TCS wrote: »
    We have few data points and just because we can connect the dots is not enough to determine a trend

That is indeed kyno’s (and a lot of other people on this thread) point and exactly what i’m strongly disagreeing with, with the arguments i made in my posts :)
    Btw i quoted kyno since it was the most recent post but truth is i’m aiming more at the people stating it was a foolish mistake, sometimes with harsh words, in my opinion not justified at all.

As to your last point that’s exactly the « problem », in the last 5 months rey has come up twice, r2 once. Even if he comes up next week they will still be on par. Same with bb8. So rey event is basically as rare as a legendary event now. Or is it the other way around :p Either way, hard to expect.

To be honest i made the same assumptions as others but for cls. I expected r2 to come up twice with second being followed by cls.
    Weeks after weeks r2 was still not coming, i started to worry and changed my plan. Now that rey appeared out the blue i punched the panic farm button xD Even if both come up right after rey i should be ready.
    But it won’t be easy, and cls is a much easier farm than rey.

Edit to kyno : i perfectly understood your point and explained why i disagree and think we « can » say it’s early
    True that your not trying to say right or wrong, but a lot of people did in this thread so i felt like reacting to those in my message. It wasn’t all for you personally.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    TCS wrote: »

Buuuuuuuuut I agree with the general consensus that they definitely could provide more transparency with release windows for events. Maybe not to the exact day but like “look out in the second half of March for A Rey of Sunshine”. Personally I really miss the little clues and candor that @CG_Kozispoon used to provide. Maybe her/that style will come back SoonTM (August?). To be fair, it’s a big game with a lot of devs behind it and it is free so to stay that way they need to incentivize spending.

That's exactly what they did when CLS returned and it was like 3 weeks out if I remember correctly. Several weeks versus 2 days is what I'm personally annoyed about, and I think most people are in the same boat. If they would just give clarification on whether or not we could also expect her and maybe CLS to both return for May the 4th, I'd be less annoyed. Just communication is all I want rather than "surprise."
  • Ariben
    95 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that the return of JTR is an outlier compared to legendaries and hero journeys (which have been stated to be rarer). I think that the player base is justified to say, "this feels early" or "we couldn't have expected it back this early."

I also agree that CG has not broken any contract. So whether this was the plan all along, a response to the sith raid, or an analysis that this was the best time to generate revenue on packs, we can't say that the devs have broken a trust.

Those two points are at the center of this conversation with many taking a position on one point to the exclusion of the other.

Another point at the center of this conversation is whether CG ought to run the game keeping the player base on its toes concerning events. If emotions don't get in the way of the expression, I welcome the player base giving feedback for what looks like an outlier for a return on the early side.
  • Options
    Ariben wrote: »
    I agree that the return of JTR is an outlier compared to legendaries and hero journeys (which have been stated to be rarer). I think that the player base is justified to say, "this feels early" or "we couldn't have expected it back this early."

I also agree that CG has not broken any contract. So whether this was the plan all along, a response to the sith raid, or an analysis that this was the best time to generate revenue on packs, we can't say that the devs have broken a trust.

Those two points are at the center of this conversation with many taking a position on one point to the exclusion of the other.

Another point at the center of this conversation is whether CG ought to run the game keeping the player base on its toes concerning events. If emotions don't get in the way of the expression, I welcome the player base giving feedback for what looks like an outlier for a return on the early side.

This covers a lot of it. I really wish CG would turn to Aesthetic options to help gain whatever margins they feel they need to make to keep the game going - this has worked as a stellar option for many games. If it cut back on the panic farming and allowed a little more information to be passed to the players it'd be worth it for everyone.

That being said - the other ongoing issue is the Sithy rewards from the new raid. JTR's back, early, with a nerf, and remains the best viable route to what? A sad reward? Your chance to make an unbearable raid, slightly more bearable with little in return?

I don't know, the last few months the game seems to have slanted in a bizarre direction.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Buddy wrote: »
    I think there may be a dissonance here between newer and older players. I’d be interested to see the average length of time playing this game that those have under their belt who are saying there was enough time vs. those who say the opposite. Someone raised a good point earlier that Finn, Kylo & the Vets, not to mention Old Ben, are all Cantina energy.

When I started playing the game, there were two legendary events: Yoda and Palp. Then in the last year we’ve had R2, Thrawn, BB8, CLS and JTR. When most of these events launched, I already had some shards, and even some full characters done. FOST, for ex: When BB8 launched, I had about 100/330 already just because I’d accumulated shards over time. If we imagine about 5 shards a day farming, then I was already 20 days ahead of someone with 0.

While I agree that responsibility needs to be taken for choices made, if you’ve got people saying they didn’t have time because the vets were queued after another necessary character, then you can start to understand some of the vitriol. Also considering the timing and context.

I started the last day of November so I’ve been playing 3.5 months and I’m 24 shards of chewie away from doing the event, I.e. I’ll do it tomorrow. I am most definitely p2p but I’m not a mega whale that spends $350 on those 5 shard drop packs. I’m a moderate whale though. I began buying han shards from shipments a few weeks ago I think and completed him and then started on chewie. My biggest mistake was not splitting the purchase of the two. I should have done it 50/50, but I learned my lesson for the future and will still be able to get jtr tomorrow. I can’t really speak to f2p players but as a p2p player I’m getting it in 3.5 months played. This is all just to answer the op’s original question about newer and older players.

All the people in the top five to ten of my arena shard were the same. We all got it, but outside of top 5-10 I don’t think anyone will. Having said that, it’s not going to make any difference yet. None of us have the other characters like r2 or gk yet, much less the zetas to make the team work. If you’re on a newish shard I really wouldn’t worry about getting jtr. Very few people, if anyone, are going to be using jtr in the newer shards. We had our one MEGA whale try her out in arena yesterday and all of our teams destroyed him because he didn’t have all the zetas needed. He even had her at g12 already, as is all his characters. After a very short period of time he switched back to empire lol.
  • Options
    Thanks for bringing the event back, CG!
  • Options
    Bb8 event is way OP’d. Can’t even get past certain points of the fight because the enemies get 3 turns to my one. Ridiculous!
  • Options
    Got her :)
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Buddy wrote: »
    I think there may be a dissonance here between newer and older players. I’d be interested to see the average length of time playing this game that those have under their belt who are saying there was enough time vs. those who say the opposite. Someone raised a good point earlier that Finn, Kylo & the Vets, not to mention Old Ben, are all Cantina energy.

When I started playing the game, there were two legendary events: Yoda and Palp. Then in the last year we’ve had R2, Thrawn, BB8, CLS and JTR. When most of these events launched, I already had some shards, and even some full characters done. FOST, for ex: When BB8 launched, I had about 100/330 already just because I’d accumulated shards over time. If we imagine about 5 shards a day farming, then I was already 20 days ahead of someone with 0.

While I agree that responsibility needs to be taken for choices made, if you’ve got people saying they didn’t have time because the vets were queued after another necessary character, then you can start to understand some of the vitriol. Also considering the timing and context.

I started the last day of November so I’ve been playing 3.5 months and I’m 24 shards of chewie away from doing the event, I.e. I’ll do it tomorrow. I am most definitely p2p but I’m not a mega whale that spends $350 on those 5 shard drop packs. I’m a moderate whale though. I began buying han shards from shipments a few weeks ago I think and completed him and then started on chewie. My biggest mistake was not splitting the purchase of the two. I should have done it 50/50, but I learned my lesson for the future and will still be able to get jtr tomorrow. I can’t really speak to f2p players but as a p2p player I’m getting it in 3.5 months played. This is all just to answer the op’s original question about newer and older players.

All the people in the top five to ten of my arena shard were the same. We all got it, but outside of top 5-10 I don’t think anyone will. Having said that, it’s not going to make any difference yet. None of us have the other characters like r2 or gk yet, much less the zetas to make the team work. If you’re on a newish shard I really wouldn’t worry about getting jtr. Very few people, if anyone, are going to be using jtr in the newer shards. We had our one MEGA whale try her out in arena yesterday and all of our teams destroyed him because he didn’t have all the zetas needed. He even had her at g12 already, as is all his characters. After a very short period of time he switched back to empire lol.

But how many days has it been since you were sniped?

There are a lot of events to prepare for in addition to the need to continually improve your arena squad, develop squads for raids and Territory War and Territory Battles. You try to make a plan based on the best available information about when those events might be expected to come back up again. If they show up before that information suggests they should, it can be understandably frustrating. It certainly would have been less harsh if people had been given more than a couple of days’ notice. I don’t know why some people in these forums seem to glean so much joy from rubbing other people’s noses in it when something like this happens.
  • Options
    FieldL wrote: »

First, what was the evidence of the theory or expectation that the event won’t come back until April or May? All speculations, no solid support at all.

Secondly, how long should the “advance notice” be? One week? Two weeks? A month? Like, all dates are subject to change. No one knows what will happen to this game a month from today. Also, being an educated person, you should know this game is designed for profit. Giving you notice months in advance is literally “feeding” you with a top tier character, like babying you, and which company would be as foolish as this?

There was only speculation because there's next to no communication about the game asides from notifications days out with the intention to cause panic farming and buying of packs.

No one's expecting months notice. However some advance warning would be appreciated by the community as a sign of good will. Good will encourages people to spend in the game a lot more than forcing people down one particular route in the game and then restricting how much time they have to do that. But time and time again we don't get that good will.
    No one knows what will happen to this game a month from today.

No one knew that the new sith raid would be practically impossible to complete without JTR squads. That's what's caused the panic farming in case you haven't been reading the posts in this thread, and that's what's causing the backlash over releasing the event so close to the community finding that out.
    all dates are subject to change

This JTR event is back because of TLJ blu ray release so they say. They would have made that decision weeks/months in advance. Why did they then keep the event date under wraps?

Pretty much sums it up for my post so thanks for the response. I take the responsibility for not farming the Vets. I ackowledged that in the beginning that no one was to blame but myself. But looking at it from the “totality of the circumstances” it just seems, at least to me, a huge disconnect and another big drop of the ball for CG to throw the community a bone.

I know what will be said. The bone is the current release of JTR. Post after post I have seen of if you didnt farm the vets from the last time then tough kitten. If that is all that was going on then I would totally agree. But that isnt all that is going on.

Before the Sith raid came there was a LOT of speculation on these forums (some of you who I would imagine if I were to dig further probably made these comments) that Sith trooper would be the thing to farm. As more and more previews came out I listened to that speculation and thought it would be correct. My cantina farming had been Death Trooper. I switched to Sith Trooper. In the back of my mind I knew I needed to get back on Vet farming but felt like I needed to listen to the many voices here for Sith Trooper. Sith raid comes out and within a day it becomes BLATANTLY obvious that JTR is going to be needed. At this point I immediately switched to Vet farming. The back of my mind was saying if they release her again at the end of March or April you will be good. A main stream character like her you know they will advertise the mess out of it with probably a weeks notice.

And instead here is what happened. The forum explodes with the noise over exposes getting nerfed. I didnt jump the band wagon of OMG now JTR will be useless. It did make me nervous of how much of a nerf it would be but I said my guild needs more than two JTR teams. Sith trooper will have to wait. But it seems awfully suspicious they didnt catch that JTR would be a meta team for the Sith raid and adjusted accordingly. And as for the ST Han infinite loop. Minus GK arguably the best tank for the Light Side. And somehow that exploit wasnt caught either? Oh and he is the LOGIN character this month too. And then in the middle of that kitten storm going on they bury that JTR is coming and edit the Events of March character. No trumpets blaring or banner to exclaim “Hey JTR, the best toon for this Sith raid nightmare we have given you, is coming back in TWO days!”

And then that creates the panic farms. It is another money grab event. If they had shown some good will I would have gladly spent some money. But the way this was done. Not a penny from me.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Bb8 event is way OP’d.

If this was true, no one would have BB-8.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well, I procrastinated on farming the Vets but got them done yesterday anyway. What's your excuse?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Edward wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

At least last time, we were informed about the events 10 days prior to it’s start.

And this time you had 14 weeks notice prior to start. Just keep farming and be ready next time.

I will be ready but you can’t be sure Rey will return in 3 months again. So to many players, they will actually have to wait 3+x months.

This time is an exception when you have a look of CLS and other legendary events.

CLS and JTR are heros journey not legendary. There is no set schedule for either, unfortunately that is the situation we play in.

Last time we had hints and rumors, then 10 days of confirmation, true. This time they had all that, and 3 months.

That 10 days prior notice can change everything, this event is so far the most difficult one, need FO to get BB8, need two 16 Cantina node farming to get the vets. We deserve a longer notice at least not shorter.

You had 3 months to get ready, unless you didnt have vets nodes unlocked when Rey HJ first dropped. I stared farming vets as soon as they landed in cantina nodes and didnt stop until i got both of them do 7*.

A lot has happened in 3 months, without knowing when it returns, it’s hard to develop a good plan; with this short notice, it’s harder. That 3 months were not for you to farm the useless vets.

I am glad you got them 7*ed, while Rey is getting nerfed and has been replaced by EP in arena. Her only use is for Sith raid which gives terrible rewards.

My guild will be ready for Heroic after this.
    StarSon wrote: »

At least last time, we were informed about the events 10 days prior to it’s start.

And this time you had 14 weeks notice prior to start. Just keep farming and be ready next time.

I will be ready but you can’t be sure Rey will return in 3 months again. So to many players, they will actually have to wait 3+x months.

This time is an exception when you have a look of CLS and other legendary events.

CLS and JTR are heros journey not legendary. There is no set schedule for either, unfortunately that is the situation we play in.

Last time we had hints and rumors, then 10 days of confirmation, true. This time they had all that, and 3 months.

That 10 days prior notice can change everything, this event is so far the most difficult one, need FO to get BB8, need two 16 Cantina node farming to get the vets. We deserve a longer notice at least not shorter.

You had 3 months to get ready, unless you didnt have vets nodes unlocked when Rey HJ first dropped. I stared farming vets as soon as they landed in cantina nodes and didnt stop until i got both of them do 7*.

A lot has happened in 3 months, without knowing when it returns, it’s hard to develop a good plan; with this short notice, it’s harder. That 3 months were not for you to farm the useless vets.

I am glad you got them 7*ed, while Rey is getting nerfed and has been replaced by EP in arena. Her only use is for Sith raid which gives terrible rewards.

My guild will be ready for Heroic after this.