[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Lukes_Tauntaun
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This wouldn't be as much of an issue for a lot of people if other squads were viable in the raid. Right now JTR is the only option for clearing the sith raid. Everyone knows the requirements for jtr and if we really wanted her we would be ready by now, HOWEVER, they just dropped the Sith raid where JTR is the only option so people are being forced into farming for her. We only had the time difference between the first and second cls event to go off so people expected next month at the earliest which would've allowed for farming vets with 3 refreshes a day, but instead they drop the event a month earlier with next to no warning (again).

But by all means, skip over all that and say that we 'should've been more prepared'
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    BBW8 wrote: »
    Jackova95 wrote: »
    I feel like everyone is missing the point of this, they're dropping RJT simply to distract people from the fact that they dropped an incomplete and buggy raid. Thats literally all this is, and nerfing RJT and exposes in the sith raid pretty much means you shouldn't bother to spend $$$ on it now.
    No, they're dropping it because the playerbase knows it's the most viable squad in the new raid and they're hoping to leverage that into selling some FO packs for players who want to finish BB8, and in turn sell some Veteran Smuggler packs for JTR.
    And to cover the fact that whether you get her or not, her viability, despite being the "best" toon for this raid has now halved with the expose nerf.
    That's a touch over dramatic. All of the damage from her squad is not coming from expose.

Nerfed the expose by 50%? I run my JTR team based on exposes, thats how they're modded to perform in my eyes? CC on RES toons to get as much of a chance of landed an expose as possible.

Any digression into hard math is going to kill the entertainment value of this discussion for me.

Not hard math. Just a logical assumption. Thats how her kit performs. So yes, a lot of her damage and the teams comes from exposes.
  • Options
    BBW8 - they are doing this to make money. That's it. Not to provide raid cover. It's like saying you're trying to hide with an air raid siren going off and big fat blinking neon arrow pointing to exactly where you are.
  • Options
    The intent is panic farm. They're not giving you more time. Fear not, there will be packs to buy.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    How can you not count crystals and gw in the calculations? It's an extra refresh every 2 days at least.

I've never finished top 20 in arena or fleet and managed it. I put everything else on hold to do it, but it's not impossible.

Not that I disagree with your main point though. Coming back early with almost zero lead in time is a kick in the unmentionables for many.
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I wish I had more sympathy, I farmed the vets like crazy with 2-3 refreshes a day to make it last time. The requirements have not been a mystery, you just did not make them a priority. I am in a guild of 104m GP, we have 9x JTRs. We will probably get 9 more next week because people decided to farm KRU, DT or someone else. Many don’t have a 7star fuzzy han yet too but will be enjoying a 7* ROLO later this month.

You didn't farm the vets with 2-3 refreshes last time. You opened your wallet. There wasn't nearly enough time without spending a fortune to 7* 2 toons.
  • Options
    3 days notice for "two" "concurrent" legendary events!!!! No prior information, no double drops, no gap between the two events, no communication till a few hours back, etc. This is heights of poor customer management. I have been diligently farming FO and Vets for the past many months on the assumption that F2P will get reasonable time, heads up and gap between the two OP legendary toon event
  • Options
    Sweet! Good thing I'm a smart boy and farmed early :)
  • Options
    Everyone had choices to make, and I'm sure like many others I went with Sith Trooper, bumping the vets back a few weeks, expecting Rey in April. My han is sitting at 8/100 , Chewy at 43/85 , and Trooper at 83/100 . If JTR was on the Calendar at the beginning of the month I would have focused on vets, and been relatively in range by the end of the event. But to drop her on us midway thru the month is ridiculous. Should people have prepared better. Possibly, but sometimes you choose things to benefit your guild instead of yourself. Should we have gotten some sort of notice . Definitely. But in reality it doesn't matter. The only truth in all this is we were given a broken raid, and JTR is coming back early because there aren't enough teams that can do damage. When JTR teams can do 10 mil and other teams struggle to hit 500k that's a problem. And just trying to give her to everyone doesn't fix the problem that the raid is broken. the mechanics are broken. JTR is working exactly as intended. STH is working exactly as intended. The problem is CG didn't thoroughly test the raid to see how the character abilities would affect it. And now to make up for their shortcomings , its JTR for everyone, or mainly those who are willing to buy the pack if it comes back
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »
    3 days notice for "two" "concurrent" legendary events!!!! No prior information, no double drops, no gap between the two events, no communication till a few hours back, etc.

This is yet another low in the history of poor customer relationship management. I have been diligently farming FO and Vets for the past many months on the assumption that F2P will get reasonable time, heads up and gap between the two OP legendary toon events!!!!

NOT DONE!!

I’m honestly curious about why you would assume you would get a long heads up? History certainly hasn’t supported that.
    Since the day after the first event finished, most of us could have told you EXACTLY how this would play out.

I was not expecting a long heads up. I was already farming FO and Vets for months now. I EXPECTED that they would follow previous release cadence (4.5 months or so for hero's journey) and give a week or two gap between two such events (remember R2 and CLS event gap?). Is that an unreasonable expectation?
  • Options
    Simple solution. Put JTR on the event calendar on the 15th of the month for the next 3 months. Oh and tell everyone you're doing it.
  • DavidSPumpkins
    156 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Jackova95 wrote: »
    I feel like everyone is missing the point of this, they're dropping RJT simply to distract people from the fact that they dropped an incomplete and buggy raid. Thats literally all this is, and nerfing RJT and exposes in the sith raid pretty much means you shouldn't bother to spend $$$ on it now.
    No, they're dropping it because the playerbase knows it's the most viable squad in the new raid and they're hoping to leverage that into selling some FO packs for players who want to finish BB8, and in turn sell some Veteran Smuggler packs for JTR.
    And to cover the fact that whether you get her or not, her viability, despite being the "best" toon for this raid has now halved with the expose nerf.
    That's a touch over dramatic. All of the damage from her squad is not coming from expose.

Nerfed the expose by 50%? I run my JTR team based on exposes, thats how they're modded to perform in my eyes? CC on RES toons to get as much of a chance of landed an expose as possible.

Any digression into hard math is going to kill the entertainment value of this discussion for me.

Not hard math. Just a logical assumption. Thats how her kit performs. So yes, a lot of her damage and the teams comes from exposes.
    A lot. But not all. All of those basics and specials also do damage.
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I wish I had more sympathy, I farmed the vets like crazy with 2-3 refreshes a day to make it last time. The requirements have not been a mystery, you just did not make them a priority. I am in a guild of 104m GP, we have 9x JTRs. We will probably get 9 more next week because people decided to farm KRU, DT or someone else. Many don’t have a 7star fuzzy han yet too but will be enjoying a 7* ROLO later this month.

You didn't farm the vets with 2-3 refreshes last time. You opened your wallet. There wasn't nearly enough time without spending a fortune to 7* 2 toons.
    Many people knew which way the wind was blowing and started using crystal winnings from arena to buy the veterans from shipments before they went to cantina. I know several players who were around 60/85 to 0/100 when they went to cantina, which was an easy completion if exploiting the double drops to maximum effect. Admittedly, to keep up the pace it required players to be top 5 finishers in both arenas, and it's fair to say many/most people at level have spent some money on the game at one point; but it's certainly not a requirement.

If a player didn't keep their eye on the prize, then they're probably caught at a disadvantage, and likely will in perpetuity.

• Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    3 days notice for "two" "concurrent" legendary events!!!! No prior information, no double drops, no gap between the two events, no communication till a few hours back, etc.

This is yet another low in the history of poor customer relationship management. I have been diligently farming FO and Vets for the past many months on the assumption that F2P will get reasonable time, heads up and gap between the two OP legendary toon events!!!!

NOT DONE!!

I’m honestly curious about why you would assume you would get a long heads up? History certainly hasn’t supported that.
    Since the day after the first event finished, most of us could have told you EXACTLY how this would play out.

I was not expecting a long heads up. I was already farming FO and Vets for months now. I EXPECTED that they would follow previous release cadence (4.5 months or so for hero's journey) and give a week or two gap between two such events (remember R2 and CLS event gap?). Is that an unreasonable expectation?

They have never run 2 legendary events simultaneously, this is ridiculous. A lot of people realized they weren't going to make it last time and made other choices. We were also given ~ 2 weeks notice to the last BB-8 event, not 3 days
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Simple solution. Put JTR on the event calendar on the 15th of the month for the next 3 months. Oh and tell everyone you're doing it.

Or.. Don't drop a raid early without having tested it. Don't bring your gamechangers to an event where you just present what your going to do. Let them test it as a more representative sample of the population. Then, don't release a toon for the sake of doing so just to cover your tracks.
  • Options
    As a ftp player, I do my best to be ready for any event if at all possible while at the same time, trying to help my guild by building squads for things like dstb and TW.

I really thought that CG would bring back JTRey on a similar cadence so I postponed farming the vets. I just finished KRU and was starting vet chewie. So far in 2 days of 2 refreshes/day I've gotten 4 shards. Yeah, being ftp is very uncool in CG's eyes...

I'm disappointed in CG, but mostly in myself. I should have been selfish and farmed what I wanted to and said "screw my guild!" and I'd probably be able to get her.

I love this game, but there's only so far a person can stretch their resources and enjoyment.
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • Options
    Now would be the time for that "dates subject to change" disclaimer to be put to good use...
  • Options
    Then, don't release a toon for the sake of doing so just to cover your tracks.

Hey everyone, remember that JTR issue with the raid that you now hate? Well, to get your mind off that raid that you hate, we're going to offer you the JTR event so you can get her to play that raid you hate. That's what we in the trade call, "covering your tracks!"

Trust me - repeating this doesn't make your argument stronger.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options

Hey everyone, remember that JTR issue with the raid that you now hate? Well, to get your mind off that raid that you hate, we're going to offer you the JTR event so you can get her to play that raid you hate. That's what we in the trade call, "covering your tracks!"

Trust me

A now nerfed JTR for a raid that hasn't altered very much. It will make no difference. You think people will just use her in the raids and not put her in their arena setups, TW setups etc.? It takes the heat off them, Colonel.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    lovemat wrote: »
    DJphenom wrote: »
    Guys, they use the same release cadence for every legendary character. I have been telling my guildmates that JTrey would be coming back in March since the first event ended. 3 months after first release is the normal cadence.
    CLS Hero's Journey was 6 months. Would have thought the same of this one.

CLS was end of August and then returned in end of December. Rey middle of December . HEADS UP CLS WILL RETURN END OF MARCH BE PREPARED PROBABLY MARCH 22. THE CADENCE IS NOT OFF IS RIGHT ON TIME.

If she came back on the 22nd instead of leaving the 21st I'd probably be able to get her. What I was expecting was early April which I'd certainly be able to get if that was the case. Which would be following the cadence.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Bring back a Hero’s Journey early without early notice is utterly bad and will surely add more clouds to the storm
  • Options
    With such a short notice CG should at least bring back double drops. It's time to make it right!
  • Options
    glad I payed money to get a legendary character only to have her reappear in a record amount of time and a nerf to boot....
  • MidasWelby
    203 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Without having anything else to go on, I expected a 4 month cadence (April), not 3 months. EDIT: based on CLS cadence.

I felt pretty safe considering some folks were predicting May for RJT.

So I did the math and realized that if I made 4-5 shards a day I could also squeeze in a 5* CHS. EDIT: 4-5 shards/day combined for the Vets

This 3 month surprise is not cool...nor is it welcome. EDIT: I still have 200 shards combined to go for the Vets.

I’m tempted to tell Rey to kitten-off, abandon the Vets and pour all my resources into Death Trooper for IPD.
  • Options
    MidasWelby wrote: »
    I’m tempted to tell Rey to kitten-off, abandon the Vets and pour all my resources into Death Trooper for IPD.
    The cool thing about IPD is that he's completely useless in the new Raid!

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Why have a release cadence in this first place if you are going to keep breaking it, CG?

I know you don't want players to plan in this game as you want people to spend money instead, but it is driving a lot of people in my guild away from spending including me. The planning is a large part of enjoyment for people, but all these curveballs you throw at us to induce panic farming and breaking your cadence rules leaves a very sour taste in people's mouths.

The Marquee events are also very frowned upon as when strong characters are released that way (also nightsisters), since the characters only become really useful at 7*, especially since gear 12 was released. I spent $10 to get Sion to 4*, but the prices to 7* is extremely high and I could by a console and a couple games for the same price, which seems absurd to me. There also isn't much use for characters in this game outside of 7* since they can't compete in the final days of territory battles or raids. They perform well below their potential in arena since they are weakened by lower stars, and not being able to get to gear 12 is a big hindrance that often they are barely viable if that. Territory Wars has helped give them some relevance thankfully.

I got Jedi Training Rey the first time around through only spending crystals earned in daily activities and arena rankings, but a lot of people are understandably very upset in my guild as they are still farming other 'required' characters for territory battles and don't have enough time to finish the veterans now. They expected Jedi Training Rey to Return in April or May as the cadence has dictated. Not everyone places top 5 in arena every day to be able to afford 3 Cantina refreshes a day on top of everything else.

• Brock
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My rule of thumb is that I almost always miss the first pass and never miss the second. I farmed vets all of December and January anticipating she would drop. Even though I’m ready, I’m surprised so little notice. Not even enough time to panic farm. Maybe in response to the raid reviews?

I also farmed them for the second event. I'm ready but not surprised at the short notice. I actually expected it, I put off farming all of my other needs to make them a priority. For what, to have a freshly nerfed toon for the Sith Raid. I understand them doing something about the ST Han, but I heard JTR was the best toon for the raid and I was excited about getting her. Now it's just like a chore on my list of things to do
  • Options
    The Last Jedi comes out on home video platforms this month. It was a given based on marketing that they'd bring her back to coincide with the release. If it had happened in April we would have gotten her in April. I expect we'll get a few marquee events with TLJ characters and ships this month as well to take advantage of synergy.
  • Options
    MidasWelby wrote: »

They would be just as useful
  • Options
    A now nerfed JTR for a raid that hasn't altered very much. It will make no difference. You think people will just use her in the raids and not put her in their arena setups, TW setups etc.? It takes the heat off them, Colonel.

Wait - if nothing was "altered very much" and if the nerf "will make no difference" then how on earth can you take the heat off? All variables, according to you, have remained the same. This is also another way of saying that player anger has not subsided. Go look at the Upcoming Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes: 3/12 [MEGA] thread. The consensus from players = not pleased.

Using JTR in other settings does not offset or "cover the tracks" for EA/CG whatsoever, when there is no better team for the Sith raid than a JTR team, when the JTR nerf does not improve other teams and when the JTR nerf will affect other raids, too, although it's not that big of a deal at this point in the game's history.