Replies

• Options
    some people prepared
    some people didn't
    some people will buy
    some people won't

sounds pretty normal to me
  • Options
    The shroud of the dark side has fallen upon us from the top and it wears a hat. Star Wars is an expression of so many historic events. Great that everyone has a chance to obtain JTR again :)
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    BBW8 wrote: »
    A now nerfed JTR for a raid that hasn't altered very much. It will make no difference. You think people will just use her in the raids and not put her in their arena setups, TW setups etc.? It takes the heat off them, Colonel.

Wait - if nothing was "altered very much" and if the nerf "will make no difference" then how on earth can you take the heat off? All variables, according to you, have remained the same. This is also another way of saying that player anger has not subsided. Go look at the Upcoming Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes: 3/12 [MEGA] thread. The consensus from players = not pleased.

Using JTR in other settings does not offset or "cover the tracks" for EA/CG whatsoever, when there is no better team for the Sith raid than a JTR team, when the JTR nerf does not improve other teams and when the JTR nerf will affect other raids, too, although it's not that big of a deal at this point in the game's history.

A 5% health reduction in a raid is not justification for a 50% drop in expose damage. No difference. When did I mention player anger? Because of everyone being annoyed regarded the raid, feed them a character that they all want. You see improvements in most every other part of the game. Its a distraction from the fact that the Sith raid; the factor causing all this agro, will still be as difficult as it was pre-nerf.
  • JTDC
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, I'm peeved. That's a very, very mild way of putting it. Irate. Livid. Highly upset. Entirely unamused. All of those are quite accurate, and probably still a bit mild.

I've been expecting, based on all previous releases, for RJT to return April-May. May the Fourth? Why, that would have been just over 4.5 months, which is just what it was for CLS to return! It's almost too perfect! And, on that basis, I put the Smugglers into my cantina cue at the beginning of February, with the expectation that I'd have them completed by the end of March, giving me a few weeks lead time on that front at a minimum. Why, I had even originally had Chewie slated to be done tomorrow, but the changes to the ROLO shard drops made moving CHS up to be ready for the guild a priority. After all, when CLS returned, we had hints and a couple weeks notice, so of course I should be fine the schedule as posted.

But this sudden change, with such short notice? I do three cantina refreshes a day. I'd have to double that, for 10 days, realistically to get Chewie. And I just got laid off, so I really can't drop 50 bucks. I get my crystals from my fleet payouts, which is the only way that's doable. If I wasn't doing well in fleet, it would have not been realistically possible to farm them in time, even if I had started in December!

And combine this with the, again quite mildly put, awful Sith Triumvirate raid that has the most abysmal payouts relative to time investment on anything in the game for anything less than a guild with 50 G12 RJTs (i.e. virtually all of them) has left me extremely upset. My guild is upset. Everyone who has any care about this is not pleased--again, you guessed, an extremely mild way of putting it.

Why would I consider spending when my finances change? How can I trust you when you release content that is completely inaccessible, and won't be accessible for the vast majority of your playerbase for close to a year, and capriciously release required characters with absolutely no notice? The entirety of the game, even for anyone willing to pay less than hundreds of dollars or more a week, requires us to plan. But you've altered those cadences to the point where they're meaningless. Did you not learn from Mother Talzin and Wicket?

This isn't fair. And I'm not using the term lightly; most people use fair to mean "to my advantage at this time", and unfair to mean "something that is disadvantageous to me." And, hey, I just barely hit the "disadvantageous to me" side of this. Barely--like, if double drops were to happen for the next 10 days, I could *just* make it. Or if I win the lottery and don't have to worry about the whole layoff thing, whatever. But the reason I'm disadvantaged here is that I made plans based on your past behavior and statements. CLS returned with hints, and followed a cadence similar to previous legendary events. There was an expectation, a means to plan and prepare, and a way you could be reasonably assured of that. Not perfectly assured, I get that. There's a lot going into every aspect of this. But this isn't a small, or even moderate, change--it's quite major, and it's with absolutely no notice. And it sends a message--you can't plan for what we'll do. You can't expect anything consistent. And that lack of consistency and, thus, equitable behavior is what makes this unfair. If the cadence had always been 10 weeks for first return, there'd be no room to complain. Heck, if it had been 12 weeks, this wouldn't be that big of a deal either, small change. But for every single legendary event thus far, first return has been 4 months. All of them. That's the expectation that the game has created, those are the rules that we have learned to depend on and we have adapted to. An abrupt change, with no notice, is fundamentally unfair.

This isn't right, CG. You know it.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    When did I mention player anger?

Never, which is why you're stuck.

Because of everyone being annoyed regarded the raid, feed them a character that they all want.

Right. Give them a character that was the cause of major anger in the game for those who had JTR already. That way, EA/CG can hide behind that character because players who get JTR for the first time will never be reminded of that anger and experience it themselves, using the very player that was nerfed and caused the anger to begin with. The two have nothing to do with each other, not counting the part where they have everything to do with each other.

You see improvements in most every other part of the game.

Can you name the other parts of the game that are as reliant on a JTR team than the Sith raid? I'll help you out. There aren't any. I can play this entire game (not including the Sith raid) just fine without a JTR team, because everything in the game before the Sith raid never needed a JTR team to prosper, because there was no JTR until a few months ago. The Sith raid is the biggest reason right now to have a JTR team. I assume down the road, JTR will also be necessary for another Luke. But that's way down the road and not applicable to the argument here.
    Its a distraction from the fact that the Sith raid; the factor causing all this agro, will still be as difficult as it was pre-nerf.

So if it's the same difficulty, why was there a nerf?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Two ways of making $, happy customers willingly to spend and a joke like this
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    I'm stoked she's back, been preparing since before the first one, should be ready for her now!
  • Gothamjediknight
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Took months before CLS came back. Thought I had at least another month to farm those mega useless vets.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    CG strategy feels right for them. Best way to get people to forget about how angry they were about the previous blunder is to get them even angrier at a new one.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    I figured this would happen. I farmed what I could but still didn't make the cut. :disappointed:
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Count_**** wrote: »
    CG strategy feels right for them. Best way to get people to forget about how angry they were about the previous blunder is to get them even angrier at a new one.

It’s all about $, they figured us would expect RJT to return in April, now it’s the best time to nicely ask us to buy the bundle and packs because the majority are not ready but only lack that many shards in the bundle and refreshes
  • Options
    Imagine the outrage when on May 4th, Jedi Luke gets dropped with no notice and you need a 7* Hermit Yoda and a 7* Wampa, 7* Captain Han, 7* ROLO and 7* Commander Luke, with a special mission requiring 7* Lando, Ugnaught and Lobot. Irony is, Jedi Luke will be up for 60 days and you still won't get him. As a consolation prize you get Jar Jar.

On topic though:

I'm 22 shards away from Finn. Got my FO squad ready with g11 Zylo and g8 almost g9 everyone else.

Rey is g11. Vets are g8 almost g9. Finn g8 almost 9(missing a stun gun). Gonna hard farm gear for bb8 and hopefully be able to pull off Rey.

Currently I have 1 Zeta ready for either BB8 or Finn if I need, but prefer to save it for Rey.

I began farming the Vets the day after the JTR event ended, saving Finn for last and doing hard battles in between and buying in the guild store every time he popped up. I finished Vet Han in late January and Vet Chewie two weeks ago. Spent every refresh and crystal for them in Cantina.

I'm hoping I've gotten everyone ready enough considering the limited notice and get bb8 to g8/9. Gonna switch all my best mods off and put on the FO & JTR squads.

Only reason I've got a chance is because I sacrificed grinding Phoenix for Thrawn to prioritize the Vets while simultaneously doing First Order.

Hope me luck and good luck grinding!
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who is happy about the return? And, at the same time, even more pleased that some are still not yet ready, because I can still use a good toon that many don’t have for a while?LoL, after 3 months, 100 days since they announced the requirements. Laughing at the naive players who think CG should follow their own plan.
  • Options
    Pick one:

Look at me! I farmed the necessary toons and I'm ready, thanks CG!

I procrastinated because I made up some timeline for myself that turned out to be wrong, I blame you CG!
  • Options
    I understand the anger about nerfing expose (I'm not happy either), but if you're mad about not having the vets 7*, I got nothing. You knew the event would come back eventually, and you've had months to prepare for it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Imagine the outrage when on May 4th, Jedi Luke gets dropped with no notice and you need a 7* Hermit Yoda and a 7* Wampa, 7* Captain Han, 7* ROLO and 7* Commander Luke, with a special mission requiring 7* Lando, Ugnaught and Lobot. Irony is, Jedi Luke will be up for 60 days and you still won't get him. As a consolation prize you get Jar Jar.

On topic though:

I'm 22 shards away from Finn. Got my FO squad ready with g11 Zylo and g8 almost g9 everyone else.

Rey is g11. Vets are g8 almost g9. Finn g8 almost 9(missing a stun gun). Gonna hard farm gear for bb8 and hopefully be able to pull off Rey.

Currently I have 1 Zeta ready for either BB8 or Finn if I need, but prefer to save it for Rey.

I began farming the Vets the day after the JTR event ended, saving Finn for last and doing hard battles in between and buying in the guild store every time he popped up. I finished Vet Han in late January and Vet Chewie two weeks ago. Spent every refresh and crystal for them in Cantina.

I'm hoping I've gotten everyone ready enough considering the limited notice and get bb8 to g8/9. Gonna switch all my best mods off and put on the FO & JTR squads.

Only reason I've got a chance is because I sacrificed grinding Phoenix for Thrawn to prioritize the Vets while simultaneously doing First Order.

Hope me luck and good luck grinding!

Thrawn is better in arena, Tb, tw...Rey has been replaced by EP led Empire in my shard and I can consistently beat Rey with my CLS led squad
  • Gothamjediknight
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Trojan wrote: »
    This is ridiculous, I'm still 300 shards from JTR with the veterans so panic farm is only option, had the released this at the beginning of the month I still would have spent money on crystals but it's kitten to force it in 3 days, CG is gonna get it's money with the horrible drops I've had but cmon, I have been farming but I thought bb8 before not simultaneously ugh

I agree with the money thing. I’ve been focused on toons for raids and TW/TB so I would have been completely okay with paying for whatever I had left if they ran this at the 4 month mark like with CLS, but now they cut 30 days off the time and I’ve got 9 days to collect 305 shards. Every time I think CG starts to care about their fan base and their customers, they spit on us.

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • JarJarIsDarthSidious
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Am I the only one who’s kinda mad that they just decided to drop JTR again 50 days sooner than they did CLS or Thrawn for their second releases? I was under the impression I was going to have at least another month to finish my farm for JTR and put my farm on hold for a week to farm KRU. This is a cheap move to bring a meta legendary character back in a completely different pattern than was followed with literally every other legendary event character in the game and is going to leave those of us under the impression we’d have a reasonable amount of time to complete this farm out to dry, destroying our arena shards and setting us even farther back in your dumb Sith raid that you royaly screwed up. Bringing JTR back is a bandaid to a problem you caused that has caused even more problems than before. At least give us some heads up next time if you’re going to completely go off the rails with your character rotations. Thanks a lot.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    FieldL wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is happy about the return? And, at the same time, even more pleased that some are still not yet ready, because I can still use a good toon that many don’t have for a while?LoL, after 3 months, 100 days since they announced the requirements. Laughing at the naive players who think CG should follow their own plan.

Don’t be, then. My opinion is that the Sith raid is all about the shards for Traya plus a few salvages. If your guild is not ready, it doesn’t help at all if you are. Honestly, tw rewards are far better than t6 Sith.
  • Options
    DJphenom wrote: »
    Guys, they use the same release cadence for every legendary character. I have been telling my guildmates that JTrey would be coming back in March since the first event ended. 3 months after first release is the normal cadence.

CLS came back 140 days after his original release. That’s a lot longer than 3 months. 50
    Days longer to be exact. Thrawn took 5 months to come back after his first release. There was literally 0 indication things were going to change

• Options
    FYI for those of us smart enough to have farmed the vets preemptively, nukin (the game changer) has a video of doing the event with gear 6 vets so rest assured if your other resistance are geared well you should be fine :)
  • Options
    It doesn't help you now, but when you see a Legendary style character come around, go ahead and start farming whatever is required then, and don't stop until you're done. Then you'll be ready for next time. I've done it every time and never failed to have a character by their second time around. This time is no different. That said, I'm glad she's coming back already so there's a non-sarcastic "thanks a lot" from me.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn't help you now, but when you see a Legendary style character come around, go ahead and start farming whatever is required then, and don't stop until you're done. Then you'll be ready for next time. I've done it every time and never failed to have a character by their second time around. This time is no different. That said, I'm glad she's coming back already so there's a non-sarcastic "thanks a lot" from me.

How many refreshes you have done daily?
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just to play the other side, who says that Jtr won't return again in 50-60 days, . .. . Is might just be a good will gesture to include Jtr , a Hero Journey char, not legendary, with the return of the bb8 event.

This could likely just be a nice bonus and not the insult you are claiming @JarJarIsDarthSidious
  • Options
    Thrawn is legendary not hero journey so not a fair comparison. Also since CLS is the only heroes journey to go off there's no reason to believe they planned any set release cadence for heroes journey characters. All previous posts the Devs have made on release cadence has always stated that the cadence is in relation to those released through marquee style events and that some toons will have exceptions. I.e. CLS, HY, Wampa, mother talzin, wicket, JTR etc.

Complain if you want but it's not justified
  • Options

It’s reasonable to take a break from a 16 energy farm that has a drop rate so low it takes months to farm to pick up a 10 energy farm with an excellent drop rate in KRU. Especially when, had they followed the patter they have with every other legendary toon ever, I would have had plenty of time to finish the farm
  • Options
    Am I the only one who’s kinda mad that they just decided to drop JTR again 50 days sooner than they did CLS or Thrawn for their second releases? I was under the impression I was going to have at least another month to finish my farm for JTR and put my farm on hold for a week to farm KRU. This is a cheap move to bring a meta legendary character back in a completely different pattern than was followed with literally every other legendary event character in the game and is going to leave those of us under the impression we’d have a reasonable amount of time to complete this farm out to dry, destroying our arena shards and setting us even farther back in your dumb Sith raid that you royaly screwed up. Bringing JTR back is a bandaid to a problem you caused that has caused even more problems than before. At least give us some heads up next time if you’re going to completely go off the rails with your character rotations. Thanks a lot.

Did you 7* KRU in a week? When did you start the farming the Vets?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

3 days prior to the event, guess that’s what the calendar for
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Edward wrote: »

3 days prior to the event, guess that’s what the calendar for

I wanna laugh, but at this point I'm over this happening so often.
  • Options
    Not only is it difficult to farm out the garbage vets in time for what i thought was april, but even if i had the vets done, i still would need to unlock and gear bb8 in 6 days to get rey. Pretty ridiculous. This company shows time and time again that they only care about exploiting human impulsivity and making money off of it.