Dev Blog - Communication on Galaxy of Heroes - 3/27/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Can’t wait for each days news! Keep it up
  • Options
    Firstly, I would like to say thank you for *beginning* to address this issue. I don't post often (because I'm often censored/warned due to a more direct approach). I look forward to seeing how this plays out.
    Secondly, I'd like to say that I'm not optimistic things will necessarily get better after this brief "get back into good graces" period of, say, the next 30 days. Communication has been a disappearing act for these past two years from both you and your predecessors. We have all been down this road before. I implore you not to start off strong, and then shrink into the background when "tough" questions get asked. I understand that it is PR technique to accentuate the positives, and hide the negatives (simply put), but it is clearly not the way your customers want you to handle things.
    Thirdly, if I can offer some advice, stick with this promised communication. Have someone who is able to answer at minimum every business day if there is an emergent issue that your customers are screaming to the iCloud ;) for an answer.
    I'm wishing you great success in this (apparently) new priority. It will be tough, I'm sure, because it is key and has been expected from day One.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    In response to those questions, we have grabbed everything that was asked in the first 13 1/2 pages of the Q&A thread and intend to answer every question over the coming weeks. We won’t always be able to give the response that you’re hoping for; still, the team and I are committed to doing our best effort to explain the decision-making process, our prioritization, and the road ahead.

Most of us here are reasonable people. We understand that you have obligations and face restrictions in disclosing things. I just want to ask that if there is a question asked a thousand times (like the challenge gears in raid rewards), don't avoid it, just tell us that you couldn't change it and give detailed information about it. Of course there'll be some angry folks, but the majority of the people here will feel good knowing that we're not ignored.

And thank you for the Dev Blog. I see this as a huge step forward after the mostly vague answers of the Q&A, and I really hope that you keep this direction.
  • Options
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    Options
    baked_qft wrote: »
    Cautiously optimistic.

This
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Cautiously optimistic.
    Julmay wrote: »
    Cautiously optimistic.

This

second that.
  • Options
    Hi, why you don’t show us all the events in the month? We will appreciate to know before that in march would be the event of Rey. In the same way, i appreciate to know when chimaera will come back
  • wvuparker
    98 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I hope this works out, and the devs actually listen to players. I know a few whales (myself included) that have totally stopped spending money on this game in the last month, and a few more than stopped playing all together. We all agreed, we could no longer justify spending money on a game that kept giving us one disaster after another; if we don't receive quality content, we aren't going to give you our quality money. Please listen to the (reasonable) requests made by the community and implement appropriate changes. We would love to get back to enjoying the game enough to spend money.
  • Options
    Is the link to the megathread actually in Carrie's post anywhere? I see where it says, "In the meantime, if you have any thoughts about communication or styles and topics you’d like to see, please post it in the thread linked below.", but not the actual link. Granted, I'm here already, but it might be useful to have the link there for newcomers.
  • Options
    Oh i forget.. as complainer, i think u guys forget something:

"Tuesday - MOD MANAGEMENT" :wink:
  • Options
    I love how I get the credits with no explanation, rhyme, or reason, to mark the day they want to talk about communication.... sounds like the communication is right on track.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Day 1 player here and I just want to say thank you @CG_Carrie . This post was incredibly encouraging and refreshing. Looking forward to the coming weeks!
  • Thar_14
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Geanto76 wrote: »
    Hi, why you don’t show us all the events in the month? We will appreciate to know before that in march would be the event of Rey. In the same way, i appreciate to know when chimaera will come back

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what they are addressing
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, you guys have my attention. Good move @CG_Carrie :)
  • Options
    Looking forward to hearing more on what's going on
  • Options
    #ReworkGrievous
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    As a guild leader I try to keep track of player involvement, in Territory war if a player enters but doesn’t attack or set a defense it just doesn’t show their name, can you have it where it shows their name with a zero next to it? It will help me to keep an active guild. Thanks!
  • Options
    I’m confused. Is there a separate QOL post coming sometime tonight?
  • AΣΣ
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is the question area, but can we get a practice arena where we can set our test enemies and battle against them.
  • Options
    First, the 75k didn’t work for me, so that is a big bummer.

Second, I have tried to ask questions before, but didn’t get a response, so why bother was my thought. I truly hope this will work and we can get those questions answered.

Third, someone already mentioned early about a better chat. Yes, that will be great to not only chat with your guild, but it would be nice if you can chat with your other allies outside your guild.

Fourth, I think better drops for crystals will be nice. Seems like this game makes you spend loads of money (crystals) to move ahead. I understand that you need money to improve the game and such, but really. When you hit a point, you cannot really free play it, especially when you are in a guild that you need you to be a team player. It’s okay to be a causal player and maybe find guilds that are causal, but some of us strive to climb that ladder. If it is possible to have better drops on crystals that will be great!

We will see how well we see improves in communications and other things.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, @CG_Carrie, I thought I heard someone say you started with Warhammer Online. Is that true? That game was baller and I was a proud Core Tester for as long as that program was in place. Just wanted to thank you for two great years of my gaming career, if you were, indeed, part of that game.

If you weren't.... Uh, just ignore this as the silly ramblings of an old school Witch Elf :D
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lippy
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I logged in tapped on free credits nothing happened closed app restarted nothing why are only some people getting them not all
  • Options
    Welcome news, thank you. Judgement reserved.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Just wondering, though, since your background is MMO, it wouldn’t perhaps be tied to WoW would it?
    My biggest contribution was to Warhammer Online, though I oversaw the DAoC and UO teams for a time as well (UO very very briefly). I got my job on Warhammer because of my passion for DAoC, and so that game is very near and dear to my heart.

Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    While the big pop up is great, I didn’t get the 75k credits. I clicked collect gift while watching my credits and they didn’t change. I also checked my inbox and nothing there. Is this the same issue as the previous pop up issue back in December around Christmas?
    I posted in your other thread on this, but no. It's not the same issue, but your experience sounds the same, so we'll look into it. I asked there for a few game names so I can see if I can tell what's happening on the back end.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I still reserve judgement on what's to come.. not sure how a simple post and a little chump change can convince everyone so quickly. The proof is in the details and the outcome yet to come. Hopefully its a step in the right direction.

This.
  • Options
    Firstly, I would like to say thank you for *beginning* to address this issue. I don't post often (because I'm often censored/warned due to a more direct approach). I look forward to seeing how this plays out.
    Secondly, I'd like to say that I'm not optimistic things will necessarily get better after this brief "get back into good graces" period of, say, the next 30 days. Communication has been a disappearing act for these past two years from both you and your predecessors. We have all been down this road before. I implore you not to start off strong, and then shrink into the background when "tough" questions get asked. I understand that it is PR technique to accentuate the positives, and hide the negatives (simply put), but it is clearly not the way your customers want you to handle things.
    Thirdly, if I can offer some advice, stick with this promised communication. Have someone who is able to answer at minimum every business day if there is an emergent issue that your customers are screaming to the iCloud ;) for an answer.
    I'm wishing you great success in this (apparently) new priority. It will be tough, I'm sure, because it is key and has been expected from day One.

Also this.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Just wondering, though, since your background is MMO, it wouldn’t perhaps be tied to WoW would it?
    My biggest contribution was to Warhammer Online, though I oversaw the DAoC and UO teams for a time as well (UO very very briefly). I got my job on Warhammer because of my passion for DAoC, and so that game is very near and dear to my heart.
    Oh, cool! Well, thanks again--it was a highly under-rated game!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    While the big pop up is great, I didn’t get the 75k credits. I clicked collect gift while watching my credits and they didn’t change. I also checked my inbox and nothing there. Is this the same issue as the previous pop up issue back in December around Christmas?
    I posted in your other thread on this, but no. It's not the same issue, but your experience sounds the same, so we'll look into it. I asked there for a few game names so I can see if I can tell what's happening on the back end.

Thanks @CG_Carrie . I posted my info in the other thread. I’ve always had issues with pop ups and continue to do so. Where others get tons, I get maybe one a week if that. Appreciate the acknowledgment though. That’s like 50% of what we’re looking for from a communication perspective.