Game Changers Videos [MERGE]

Replies

• cold pop barbeque
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    There is a YouTube video with the interview https://youtu.be/xmegRzc3-SE
    They probably messed up and linked his livestream instead of the actual video with devs...

The pop up said live stream... Not a mistake
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Can’t knock them for trying different things. Sometimes things just don’t work out.
    Fair and true, but at the same time it's worth pointing out what doesn't work. And this really doesn't.

It's basically like the Q&A here on the forums, except that Twitch Chats are a lot harder to read through, and don't have the convenient summary they've put up for the forum Q&As. Not a bad idea to take questions directly from fans, but the forums are a better place to do it, due to it being easier for people to find out what was asked and what the answers were afterward.
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    edit: silenced by big brother
    Post edited by Khorvog_Karbossa on
  • That live-stream was especially un-watchable.
  • Someone take one for the team! Give me the cliff notes!

The ships table will have its own currency... that's the only thing I found useful in the video.
  • Totally agree with OP. That was a horrendous experience. I learned my lesson.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    (Like everyone else I super appreciate the attempt at communication).

At the same time

1) Please stop or as advised above for the people who cannot bear to watch these guys for 20 min to get 30 seconds of information please just cross post the relevant information here for people who can read.

2) Last Q/A was 75 % people askign "Hey Bra dude, bro wassup my childhood revolved around (insert random character here) when is he coming to the game..... Answer : Can't say..... That's like 15 ACTUAL relevant questions that could have answered... Its almost like you purposely did that just for filler or to take up time on the Q/A

Other than that keep that ship content rolling !!!! thanks
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Someone take one for the team! Give me the cliff notes!

The ships table will have its own currency... that's the only thing I found useful in the video.

That's the other thing that's getting annoying. Sit through 15-20 minutes of...whatever... to get one sentence worth of useful information that would have taken the devs 12 seconds to type in a release notes.

Very inefficient - for everyone involved. Please stop.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • That live-stream was especially un-watchable.

personally i didn't watch it, and this is about the videos in general (before a mod starts merging threads please know this is about videos in general, not the twitch, so please don't merge!)
  • And many people like them. Otherwise they wouldn’t exist. I prefer a text update as well. Please be more respectful when you ask for content updates in a different format.
  • That last one on twitch was especially annoying. There are a couple people who I feel do a good job...but more often then not I turn off videos after 3 mins.

I didn't get to see anything about fleets that I was hoping to see because it wasn't worth listening to the other garbage.
  • I hope some of the more literate devs will attempt to communicate future changes with the player base using the official forums rather than spam the game with irrelevant videos.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    And many people like them. Otherwise they wouldn’t exist. I prefer a text update as well. Please be more respectful when you ask for content updates in a different format.

I completely understand your point @Rebel_yell , and that is specifically why i used language that did not include "most" or "all" players. i just believe that the announcements should be equally acceptable. I agree, the videos should exist (objectively, not subjectively). people like them, i don't but thats just my opinion.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Rynchenzo wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Love the Game Changers, but I wish they would publish a post when they do these types of interviews. Time is precious, and I can read MUCH faster than watch a video.
    Seconded. It's rarely convenient for me to watch videos on my phone, but reading text is much more accessible (and miles quicker)

But I guess people don't get famous by writing text these days

Print is dead.

Not really: They are doing a chat (aka print) webcast now. Uhhg.

I was quoting Ghostbusters, as it seemed relevant. But yeah, the Twitch thing is like fingernails on a blackboard....just when I thought the "communication" couldn't get worse, they said....

tumblr_inline_mknw21r56j1qz4rgp.gif

Ooops. Too soon?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @Kyno did you not read what my post said? why did you merge. it was about videos in general

now my post makes no freaking sense here
  • please stop merging posts without examining them
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Someone take one for the team! Give me the cliff notes!

I’m probably way behind on info or something, but isn’t there already a currency for ships? Fleet Arena currency? Have I been somehow beta testing the game for the last 18 months and just didn’t know it?
  • Zevox wrote: »
    Can’t knock them for trying different things. Sometimes things just don’t work out.
    Fair and true, but at the same time it's worth pointing out what doesn't work. And this really doesn't.

It's basically like the Q&A here on the forums, except that Twitch Chats are a lot harder to read through, and don't have the convenient summary they've put up for the forum Q&As. Not a bad idea to take questions directly from fans, but the forums are a better place to do it, due to it being easier for people to find out what was asked and what the answers were afterward.

Absolutely. I appreciate the attempt of something new but also the wherewithal to know this isn’t a good way of going about it and improving on it or in this case never letting it happen again. Also major props to all the comments - really civil and informative. I leave a month and everyone is so nice now.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Love the Game Changers, but I wish they would publish a post when they do these types of interviews. Time is precious, and I can read MUCH faster than watch a video.
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I wish that all the game changers would have the same Q&A so I only need to watch one from my favourite GC, rather than watch them all and wonder if I missed out on any good info.

Both (or either) of these suggestions would be helpful. Most of the time, I don't have time to watch videos for update news, and much prefer skimming an article or message board post. Plus, aren't the devs trying to reduce the time commitment needed to enjoy this game?

And, even when I have time to watch videos like this, some of those "Game Changers" are actively unpleasant to watch. Having to watch them all because an interesting tidbit might be hidden in one or another of their videos makes me question whether learning game news is even worth subjecting me to those [intentionally unnamed] individuals.
  • ojnc3x
    33 posts Member
    I don't have a complaint about watching (or not) the live streams of the gamechangers. A great number of people like them for many reasons. I support in a certain way many of them.

But I prefer a text update with a linked video showing the updates in detail. (The classic way)

Maybe the live streams can work when they have real material to show about the update and not just playing around and asking what we want for the game, thats cool, but it becomes a mess.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    That live-stream was especially un-watchable.

personally i didn't watch it, and this is about the videos in general (before a mod starts merging threads please know this is about videos in general, not the twitch, so please don't merge!)

I popped in for like 30 seconds, and he was mumbling and laughing to himself; cringe.

I'd really just like there to be some kind of text-post with this information--and most stuff about this game--on the forums. I don't want to sit through hours of video just to get answers on stuff, or to be told "lol go watch some literally-who's video" on the subject. If you're going to make me, make it worth my while. I'll take droidcallers, and stunguns, and carbantis and some other annoying pieces of gear as bribes.
  • New info -
    -Text-post on the forum
    -with a link to a game changer vid talking about it
    - link to twitch as a game changer is playing that new content
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    YouTube is for watching music videos and highlights from out of market hockey games you can't watch live.

I know YouTubers are popular and folks love them, but I can't stand it. Just give me a post someplace, please! :P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • That was a horrible experience. I think I now have epilepsy due to all the techno babble and extraneous information presented. One minute there’s a battle then Darth Vader appears with his back to us and it looks like he’s groping the actual game. Then there’s some poor sod dancing in the middle of the battle. The amount of brah, dude, bro over the top.

Please, please, please, send out a written version or cliff notes for those of us born before the 70s. That hipster garbage is just kittens.
  • Each to their own isn't it.

If you don't like then don't watch.

I didn't.

Altho after reading this -
    One minute there’s a battle then Darth Vader appears with his back to us and it looks like he’s groping the actual game.

I kind of regret missing out :smiley:

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Why did all of this get merged together? Some of it was from a thread in regards to the YouTube videos, some from a thread about the Twitch "thing" (which is a different complaint), some was a discussion about mod management and some yet another thread thrown in was about communication with a staff shortage.

At least try to be discerning before you throw everything together in ways that don't make any sense. :/

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Why did all of this get merged together? Some of it was from a thread in regards to the YouTube videos, some from a thread about the Twitch "thing" (which is a different complaint), some was a discussion about mod management and some yet another thread thrown in was about communication with a staff shortage.

At least try to be discerning before you throw everything together in ways that don't make any sense. :/

It was only 2 threads and they each had those elements already in them. The goal was to get all the feedback about the "way things are going" in one place. Both threads were about the gamechangers putting out information in video form.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

It was only 2 threads and they each had those elements already in them. The goal was to get all the feedback about the "way things are going" in one place. Both threads were about the gamechangers putting out information in video form.

Fair enough. Sorry - I didn't realize the Twitch feed was actually an official Game Changer. It seemed far less...."official" than some of the other videos (not that any of them are a good way of communicating information).

Carry on.