Facing GW Oppenents Orders Stronger than I

Prev13
I will start this post with recognition that GW is meant to be difficult, and one is not always meant to win. With that being said:

I am an F2P player at level 79. I have a handful of strong-ish characters, but by no means overwhelming. The issue I have been facing for several weeks (since about level 75 or 76) is the strength of some of my opponents.

In the last 4 days alone, I have been matched against 2 Sith teams, and 2 rebel teams which are more or less Level 85, 7*, Gear Level 10/11, 3-4 Omega Abilities (even 1 or 2 Zetas if I am not mistaken), Maxed out 5* speed/heath/damage mods... you name it, they probably have it.

Just last night, I faced:

ALL LEVEL 85:
Wedge (L): 7*, G11, 15.7k GP, 3 Omegas
R2: 7*, G11, 16.3k GP, 4 Omegas
Biggs: 7*, G11, 14.9k GP, 2 Omegas
CLS: 7*, G9, 14.6k GP, 2 Omegas
Hon Solo: 6*, G10, 13.2k GP, 3 Omegas

By the time I got to this team in the 12th battle, I had already lost nearly all of my viable characters, and had nothing left to create a worthwhile team. However, even if I had all of my characters at full strength, all abilities ready to fire, I could NEVER beat that team.

Again, this is not an isolated incident, less I would not take the time to post this in the hope of catching the eye of the Devs... I have been running into brick walls off and on (more often than not unfortunately) for over a month.

I play everyday, I have watched and read countless strategies for GW, and do my best to utilize them all.

In summary, why is it that I am having such a difficult time with GW? Are others having this same issue? Others in my guild tell me they have never had this much trouble for this long, nor have they faced teams of this strength at this stage in the game.

Feedback from the Devs is appreciated.

Useless feedback like "get better characters and it will get easier" is useless to me. It doesn't help nor answer my question(s) as to why the difficulty is so extremely high.

Thank you.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    1. I can't tell you why you're having such a difficult time, without knowing your roster and your strategy for GW.
    2. Yes, others at your level have a difficult time as well. However, some get by by using a good strategy and having developed their roster well. I hit level 85 with an alt account late last year, and I got by. I completed GW almost every day, I played it through. Yes, some days with difficulties, but I rarely had to give up.

Additionaly:
    Yes, there are strategies to get past the team, you listed. F.ex. send in a suicide squad first to have the enemy burn all their specials before you send in your own Wiggs team to one—shot their glass canon and then win from there.
  • Options
    Happy and also sad to hear that I am not alone.

Regarding the stragey tips: yes I utilize "suicide squads", multiple retreats and toon reworks, making sure I mix in alternate characters throughout so that my turn meters aren't starting at zero for the tougher battles, and always keeping an eye on my abilities' cool down meters so that I have them at my disposal from the get go.

Even with all of that, and my best team being my squad arena team, which is pretty good at 66k GP (I sit right around #100 (+/-) in my arena tier), I am utterly unable to do any meaningful damage to these "super teams", much less defeat them. In the example I used, I had already lost all of my viable teams/toons on the previous node 11, however in other GWs, I get to a late battle (9-12) with all of my characters at full health, abilities, etc. but I am unable to do any damage at all before getting completely annihilated by my opposition. Again, I am talking about running into litteral stone wall teams that are 20k GP+, 2-3 Gear levels, multiple omega abilities, etc. higher than my best of the best (i.e. my Kylo Unmasked at gear 14.5k GP, gear 9 (1 shy of 10 - need level 80) maxed mk V mods, etc., etc.) and I get completely smoked after 1 or 2 turns, sometimes even before I can even get a chance to have a turn.

I am looking for some meaningful advise from players, so I do appreciate the feedback, however I would really like to hear from the Devs as to the reasoning behind their algorithm which matches players like me against such powerful teams I could only hope to match at this stage by shelling out 100s of $...
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    In short, it's messed up.

From what i've been told, unless you have 2-3 viable full teams you're kinda screwed between 75ish and 82ish and that the powers that but don't care one bit.

There are teams you get at n12 that you simply will have no chance at until you're into the 80's and get your own omega's and zetas.

It's crap, frankly, but apparently we're stuck with it.
  • Options
    So here is my node 12 for today Sunday 22 Apr 2018:

All level 85, All minimum level 7 abilities

Vader (L): 18.3k GP, 7*, G11, 4 Omegas
    4 - 5 Dot Purple lvl 10 Potency Mods

Luminara: 14.4k GP, 7*, G10, 3 Omegas
    6 - 1/2 Dot Gold lvl 15 Health Mods

Rey (Scavenger): 14.2k GP, 7*, G9, 3 Omegas
    6 - 3/4/5 Dot Gold lvl 15 Health/Potency Mods

Kylo Ren: 16.5k GP, 7*, G9, 4 Omegas (Zeta?)
    6 - 3/5 Dot Gold lvl 15 Potency Mods

Palpatine: 13.6k GP, 6*, G10, 3 Omegas
    6 - 3/4/5 Dot Gold lvl 15 Critical Chance Mods

I am writing this to keep a record of the teams I am facing. This is unfortunately one of the "easier" teams, which let's all be real: Vader/Palp alone would be hard enough at this level, add the rest and it is a **** show...

Also I agree with everything cboath7 had to say.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    In short, it's messed up.

From what i've been told, unless you have 2-3 viable full teams you're kinda screwed between 75ish and 82ish and that the powers that but don't care one bit.

There are teams you get at n12 that you simply will have no chance at until you're into the 80's and get your own omega's and zetas.

It's ****, frankly, but apparently we're stuck with it.

And lest anyone thinks i was swearing (which i wasn't), the censored word rhymes with trap - and shares 3 of the same 4 letters.

I'm not mad really, speaking matter of factly and resigned to it
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    Options
    I’m curious to see yalls rosters because before and after the GW rework i consistently cleared with either Phoenix or First Order. The rework happened when I was around lvl 75, there was maybe one day I couldn’t finish it.

That being said, I started farming Phoenix at lvl 30 and they were decently modded for where I was in the game at that time.
  • Options
    My Ally code: 451-257-188 RodgerSterlingArcher
  • Options
    You have a good FO squad but you need officer. He’s supremely important
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Yes, there are strategies to get past this team as well. Rey and EP are glass canons. Hit them fast — hit them hard. Use Boba Fett to mass block. The team will fall apart.

Regarding dev. response:
    It's been stated a long time ago that the current design and difficulty is working exactly as they intend it to.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

I am writing this to keep a record of the teams I am facing. This is unfortunately one of the "easier" teams, which let's all be real: Vader/Palp alone would be hard enough at this level, add the rest and it is a **** show...

Also I agree with everything cboath7 had to say.

Vaders lead is generally considered bad outside of raids.

Palpatine is the only character that benefits from the leadership bonus.

A lot of people are using potency set mods which is one of the less useful sets.

I dont know what team you are running but thats bad team and a good team that synergises well with lower gear levels and abilities should find it easy to face.

If you want to record it miht be more useful to record what speed each character gets from mods. Speed is the most useful stat and completly ignored by the gw formula.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I barely remember the days when GW was a thing, but I never liked the Suicide Squad strategy. It blows up the other (more reliable IMO) strategy of preloading TM on several squads during the early nodes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I will start this post with recognition that GW is meant to be difficult, and one is not always meant to win. With that being said:

I am an F2P player at level 79. I have a handful of strong-ish characters, but by no means overwhelming. The issue I have been facing for several weeks (since about level 75 or 76) is the strength of some of my opponents.

In the last 4 days alone, I have been matched against 2 Sith teams, and 2 rebel teams which are more or less Level 85, 7*, Gear Level 10/11, 3-4 Omega Abilities (even 1 or 2 Zetas if I am not mistaken), Maxed out 5* speed/heath/damage mods... you name it, they probably have it.

Just last night, I faced:

ALL LEVEL 85:
    Wedge (L): 7*, G11, 15.7k GP, 3 Omegas
    R2: 7*, G11, 16.3k GP, 4 Omegas
    Biggs: 7*, G11, 14.9k GP, 2 Omegas
    CLS: 7*, G9, 14.6k GP, 2 Omegas
    Hon Solo: 6*, G10, 13.2k GP, 3 Omegas

By the time I got to this team in the 12th battle, I had already lost nearly all of my viable characters, and had nothing left to create a worthwhile team. However, even if I had all of my characters at full strength, all abilities ready to fire, I could NEVER beat that team.

Again, this is not an isolated incident, less I would not take the time to post this in the hope of catching the eye of the Devs... I have been running into brick walls off and on (more often than not unfortunately) for over a month.

I play everyday, I have watched and read countless strategies for GW, and do my best to utilize them all.

In summary, why is it that I am having such a difficult time with GW? Are others having this same issue? Others in my guild tell me they have never had this much trouble for this long, nor have they faced teams of this strength at this stage in the game.

Feedback from the Devs is appreciated.

Useless feedback like "get better characters and it will get easier" is useless to me. It doesn't help nor answer my question(s) as to why the difficulty is so extremely high.

Thank you.

It's always - a better Squad is used to beat the one you used before. So does difficulty accelerate as well as easiness follows the way you try to beat a Squad with what. Number 1 mistake - use of Phoenix in a series ( they look weak but bring back intolerable squads). We reap what we sow. Devs have nothing to do with that. Above that we feel ashamed when we realise it. Use appropriate toons just to take them over as far as possible. Slowly it will be easier.
    Regards...
  • Options
    I’ve passed through just fine when I was getting through those levels you’re struggling with. I used an Empire team (Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, Royal Guard, TFP) until they died, then brought in a fresh Rogue One team (Jyn, Cassian, K2SO, Chirrut, and Baze). Almost always passed through GW. Yes there were days when those teams got stuck but it’s RNG. I just sim it now since I don’t quite have the patience for GW anymore
  • Options
    Salatious_Scrum:

Let me make sure I understand you: before level 80, you had a full empire team with Vader & Palpatine AND a full Rouge 1 team with Jyn, Baze, and Chirrut? You are either the luckiest player in this game, or you shelled out real world Dollars (and probably not an insignificant amount either)...

I haven't even unlocked Baze's node (Dark Side 9C doesn't unlock until level 85), and Jyn and Chirrut are only sometimes available from the Fleet Arena OR from Data Cards. Not mention that Palpatine's special event has only come up once in the 5 months I have been playing this game, and the only other way to get him is to buy him with real people money...

Correct me if I misunderstand you, but it seems your advice is "Buy the best characters in the game, level/gear/mod them to be viable, and then the game is easy!" I believe there is a term for players like you: "wallet warrior". And funny enough, I figured out that would make the game easier all on my own, but thanks for the input anyway!
  • Options
    So I FINALLY found useful advice for GW if you're having difficulty, as I have been:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127168/is-your-galactic-war-too-hard-here-is-some-help

There is both short and long term advice in this article, so give it a read, but the most useful information I found, WHICH HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY THE DEVS, is this:

GW DIFFICULTY is based on the POWER RATING of your TOP 5 TOONS in your roster, which may or may not be your Squad Arena team. In other words, EVERYTIME you level up, mod, gear, or otherwise upgrade your T5 TOONS, GW BECOMES MORE DIFFICULT!

Since reading this article a few days ago, I have not touched my T5, and focused on other characters to make them more viable in GW. I wanted to test this on my own before sharing, and as a result - I HAVE WON MY LAST 4 GWs STRAIGHT!

Other helpful advice in the article to focus on:

1.) RESISTANCE TEAMS, particularly led by Zeta Finn, are the current META team for GW (it changes periodically). Obviously, this is long term advice for most of us, as those characters require a lot of time and higher level to farm properly.

2.) TURN METER starts at ZERO for every new toon you use in GW; by mixing up your roster in the first 5 battles (the easiest battles), you can negate this issue in a meaningful and impactful way.

3.) SUICIDE SQUADS (aka throw away teams) are not necessarily a good way to go BECAUSE of the effect they have on the enemies turn meter: i.e. You use a suicide squad on a strong team to eat up their first round of "super abilities", but that will also likely change the order in which they now go against the next team you use AND can have the serious negative impact of granting your opponents a better turn meter than you. I tested this by using a suicide squad in the middle of my last GW on the 7th node, and it did more harm than good - i took away thier best abilities, but their turn meters were now filled up (maybe because of some ability they had used...?) doesn't really matter - point is I got smoked, had to retreat, and had a harder time winning. I would have been better off sacrificing a decent team to take out the leader in a GW node, than I was sacrifing a whole team of non-viable characters to eat up my opponents abilities.

I hope you guys also find this to be helpful.

As a side note, my guild is currently recruiting, so please take a look at my other post.

Thanks! And as always, "May the force be with you" (so you can CRUSH your opponent!)
  • Options
    I’ve passed through just fine when I was getting through those levels you’re struggling with. I used an Empire team (Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, Royal Guard, TFP) until they died, then brought in a fresh Rogue One team (Jyn, Cassian, K2SO, Chirrut, and Baze). Almost always passed through GW. Yes there were days when those teams got stuck but it’s RNG. I just sim it now since I don’t quite have the patience for GW anymore

Let me make sure I understand you: before level 80, you had a full empire team with Vader & Palpatine AND a full Rouge 1 team with Jyn, Baze, and Chirrut? You are either the luckiest player in this game, or you shelled out real world Dollars (and probably not an insignificant amount either)...

I haven't even unlocked Baze's node (Dark Side 9C doesn't unlock until level 85), and Jyn and Chirrut are only sometimes available from the Fleet Arena OR from Data Cards. Not mention that Palpatine's special event has only come up once in the 5 months I have been playing this game, and the only other way to get him is to buy him with real people money...

Correct me if I misunderstand you, but it seems your advice is "Buy the best characters in the game, level/gear/mod them to be viable, and then the game is easy!" I believe there is a term for players like you: "wallet warrior". And funny enough, I figured out that would make the game easier all on my own, but thanks for the input anyway!
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Here we go again with this nonsense!:

Today's impossible/unbeatable team:
    (FYI - The "Zeta?" Below are because I am unclear on if they have them... I don't understand Zetas because I haven't unlocked, much less placed, any Zetas yet...)

REX (L): lvl 85, 7*, G11, All Max'd Abilities (Zeta?) Maxed 5 Dot Mods - 16.7k GP

BOBA FETT: lvl 85, 7*, G11, Abilities 1-4 Maxed Ability 5 @ lvl 7 & Payout @ lvl 1,
    Maxed 5 Dot Mods - 17k GP

WEDGE: lvl 85, 7*, G10 All Max Abilities (Zeta?)
    Maxed 5 Dot Mods - 15.5k GP

BIGGS: lvl 85, 7*, G11 All Maxed Abilities (Zeta?)
    Maxed 5 Dot Mods - 15.1k GP

GENERAL KENOBI: lvl 85, 5*, G11 All Max Abilities (Zeta?), Maxed 5 Dot Mods - 14k GP

CONTEXT: My highest Character (Vader) has 1 Omega, no Zeta, 7*, level 79, G10, 15k GP. I am only level 80, and my best team, including Vader, is 67k Total GP.

This team is 5-6 levels, 1-2 Gear Levels, multiple abilities (including possible Zetas), and 14k GP higher than my best of my limited roster. As I have mentioned previously, this is one of those teams that I could not beat with my entire roster fresh, much less at the end of a GW.

How is this considered a competitive battle? The delta between my roster and this team is so wide, you could fit Donald Trump's ego through it with room to spare!

***DEVELOPERS - DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY?***

Also - if your feedback is "buy stuff", don't bother. Any **** can figure out: "If I spend 100's to buy the best stuff, the game is easier..."

Or "get yourself a Zeta'd Finn led Resistance team" - again, useless info - that helps no one right now, considering I can't unlock Zeta abilities right now, and BB8 has only come around 1 time since I starting playing the game.

If you want to provide feedback, how about your experience with difficulties, and maybe how you overcame those difficulties? Or useful information I can use in the short term?
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Caveat: Did not read the post. Too long.

If you want help today, then no one can help you. It's a road we all faced at one time, and overcame it not in one day but through work on our roster. You can do the same. Or you can complain. One is more likely to help you.
  • Options
    The only one of those characters that has a zeta ability is boba fett and it is not upgraded that squad has no zetas.

That is a tough squad not unbeatable by any stretch but they gain turn meter on crits and have high damage, 2 cleanses so you have trouble keeping debuffs on them and gk taunts when you hit anyone else forcing you to target him.

That being said I can make tons of suggestions on how to beat this squad but I don't know who you have to work with are you registered on swgoh.gg. I can tell you that stun ability block and daze will be very helpful for you against them. Nihilus lead is also very helpful because with that you dont crit and therefore don't feed them tons of extra turns
  • RodgerSterlingArcher
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Caveat: Did not read the post. Too long.

If you want help today, then no one can help you. It's a road we all faced at one time, and overcame it not in one day but through work on our roster. You can do the same. Or you can complain. One is more likely to help you.

If you're not going to read a post, then don't comment on it - your "advice" is completely useless, because there is no advice.

Furthermore, there are plenty of people who have provided decent "use it today" advice (your words), and you are either too lazy to do so, or have no idea what you are talking about, (or both... I don't know or frankly care) so again, you should keep your thoughts to yourself and your fingers off the keyboard.
    Post edited by RodgerSterlingArcher on
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    The only one of those characters that has a zeta ability is boba fett and it is not upgraded that squad has no zetas.

That is a tough squad not unbeatable by any stretch but they gain turn meter on crits and have high damage, 2 cleanses so you have trouble keeping debuffs on them and gk taunts when you hit anyone else forcing you to target him.

That being said I can make tons of suggestions on how to beat this squad but I don't know who you have to work with are you registered on swgoh.gg. I can tell you that stun ability block and daze will be very helpful for you against them. Nihilus lead is also very helpful because with that you dont crit and therefore don't feed them tons of extra turns

My ally code: 451-257-188.

I have KRU with double stun, who usually helps, but as you pointed out, the turn meter gain on that team is brutal.

The biggest challenge I am facing against teams like this, is Kenobi - my best team is FO, who are built to overpower with Crit hits, but Kenobi punishes me for it...

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on my roster. Fair warning, it is limited...
  • Options
    @RodgerSterlingArcher

I do apologize and I'm not trying to sound elitist but it's swgoh.gg or nothing. The in game interface for looking at another players roster is awful especially for looking at mods it takes forever.
  • Options
    @RodgerSterlingArcher

I do apologize and I'm not trying to sound elitist but it's swgoh.gg or nothing. The in game interface for looking at another players roster is awful especially for looking at mods it takes forever.

Ha! That's ok, you are elitist: own it! I will try to figure out how to set that up and let you know when I do.
  • Options
    @RodgerSterlingArcher

Ha! That's ok, you are elitist: own it! I will try to figure out how to set that up and let you know when I do.

Ok: I got a swgoh.gg account set up: same username

My 2 teams I have to a decent level, and should have fairly strong by this time next week are empire and FO.

I have some decent Jedi, but I need to get a couple more up to make a 3rd team. Planning on working on Kanan and Ezra next. And after I have those 2 up, that will give me a decent team.

I really want to work on Bounty Hunters because of the new bonuses, but I think I am going to do the rest Phoenix while I do those 2, AND work on getting Ankin soon too since I already have a pretty good Ahsoka. Phoenix are so versatile and can be used to get Palp and Thrawn...
  • Options
    The only real advice I have for you is to use your crystals only for energy refreshes so you get xp to get to lvl 85. Tbe difficulty of gw maxes out at a level around where a newly level 85 character would be. You have reached the point where you are getting the max difficulty. At level 79 you really don't stand a chance. Just beat what you can and level up to 85 and gear your teams. Eventually you'll reach the point where your teams are good enough where it is not impossible. But it'll probably be a few months after you hit 85. You can either focus on one team to clear the whole thing or a broad roster to have options. Not sure if one works better than the other. If you do one team you need one that regenerates health and protection. Pheonix is decent for that but with the palp rework they will be crushed if you face a palp lead empire. Nihlas lead works well since it's all health and high health steal but he's a hard farm. But you likely won't beat it 150 times until you have a roster deep enough to have a 7 star nihlas anyway and he's viable at lower stars. The issue you're having boils down to that the sim was designed for players that have been level 85 for several months not players approaching 85. It will continue to be hard for you for awhile. Probably not the answer you're looking for but it's the truth. The sim feature is to save players that can auto the whole thing with one team from wasting 10 minutes a day doing so. I sim it every day but i could just put my 100k arena team in and hit auto. And if they lose, i have two or three more 80k teams for backup. You'll get there it takes time. I remember when i had one 7 star character and it took forever to get through gw. Most days i didn't. That's just how it is.
  • Options
    The only real advice I have for you is to use your crystals only for energy refreshes so you get xp to get to lvl 85. Tbe difficulty of gw maxes out at a level around where a newly level 85 character would be. You have reached the point where you are getting the max difficulty. At level 79 you really don't stand a chance. Just beat what you can and level up to 85 and gear your teams. Eventually you'll reach the point where your teams are good enough where it is not impossible. But it'll probably be a few months after you hit 85. You can either focus on one team to clear the whole thing or a broad roster to have options. Not sure if one works better than the other. If you do one team you need one that regenerates health and protection. Pheonix is decent for that but with the palp rework they will be crushed if you face a palp lead empire. Nihlas lead works well since it's all health and high health steal but he's a hard farm. But you likely won't beat it 150 times until you have a roster deep enough to have a 7 star nihlas anyway and he's viable at lower stars. The issue you're having boils down to that the sim was designed for players that have been level 85 for several months not players approaching 85. It will continue to be hard for you for awhile. Probably not the answer you're looking for but it's the truth. The sim feature is to save players that can auto the whole thing with one team from wasting 10 minutes a day doing so. I sim it every day but i could just put my 100k arena team in and hit auto. And if they lose, i have two or three more 80k teams for backup. You'll get there it takes time. I remember when i had one 7 star character and it took forever to get through gw. Most days i didn't. That's just how it is.

I appreciate the feedback, not a ton of new information, but not useless nonsense like I have seen from some people i.e. "buy the best characters to win" (I wish I were kidding - read back a few comments and you will find it...)

I'm not actually that worried about the ability to sim GW, though I do think 150 wins is a bit much: most of the time it's a fun challenge and I have been winning more recently due in part to feedback I have received here and additional research. The issue I have is the stone walls I run into 1 to 4 times a week were I cannot win even if all of my toons are intact... (SEE NEXT POST)...

Thanks again for the feedback.
  • Options
    So it's been a few days since I have updated this post:

I am now Level 81 (close to 82) and I have been working on filling out my FO and Empire teams...

FO: KRU, KR, PHASMA, & FOTP all @ 7 Star, and FOST @ 5* (need 2 more shards for 6*) They are all at gear 8-10 with all abilities at level 7 (less FOST - getting there soon), and 1 Omega on KRU (double stun).

EMPIRE: GMT, RG, Vader, & TFP all @ 7*, and ST @ 5* (5 shards to 6*) all G8-10, and all at ability level 7 with 1 Omega on Vader (Force Crush)

I also have a 7* Boba who is REALLY helpful, also Ahsoka, Jedi Consular, and Mace @7*.

I have won a few more GWs, and I lost 1 fair and square to a rebel Chaze team that I almost beat, but couldn't quite get there.

Today however, I ran into the rock face, and can't do much of anything against them:

ALL LEVEL 85, 7*, w/level 15 Mods:

KRU (L): 17.2k GP, G11, Mods: 6 MKV Health, Abilities: 1-3 Maxed & 4-5 @ level 7

BOBA FETT: 16.0k GP, G10, Mods: 4 MKV & 1 MKII Health & 1 MKV Speed, Ablities: 1-4 Maxed, 5 @ level 7, 6 @ level 2

TARKIN: 15.5k GP, G10, Mods: 5 MKV Health & 1 MKIV Speed, Abilities: 1-3 Maxed & 4-5 @ level 7

PHASMA: 14.6k GP, G10, Mods: 5 MKV Health & 1 MKII Speed, Abilities: 1-3 Maxed & 4 @ level 7

KYLO: 15.1k GP, G10, Mods: 6 MKV Speed, Abilities: 1-2 & 4 Maxed & 3 @ level 7

I have tried running several variations of teams, with different leaders, to try and take out the KRU leader, and save enough toons to finish off the rest, but I get smoked. Their turn meters alone are brutal between the level, Gear, and KRU's leader ability adds 25 more speed.

I have been heeding the developer confirmed advice that leveling up your top 5 toons will increase your GW Difficulty, and focusing all of my upgrades to toons outside my T5. However, some of these teams I am facing still seem to be far above my toons strength, particularly when it comes to all of the omega abilities they have...

I will continue to document very difficult GW teams, and continued feedback is appreciated. I do have a swgoh.gg account setup:

RodgerSterlingArcher - Ally Code 451-257-188

(My username is the same for the game, posting boards, and swgoh.gg).

If anyone has advice on which abilities, toons, Gear, etc. I should be focusing on outside of my T5, it would be appreciated. (I know resistance, but that isn't going to be a thing for me for sometime...)

I still hope my thread catches the eye of the DEVELOPERS, because I would really appreciate hearing their take on the opponent strength I am seeing.

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I am reasonably sure that

1) They are aware of the difficulty
    2) They're not going to change it

We all hit a wall at some point (although granted, the location and strength of the wall has morphed over time) and we all eventually power through it. The good news for you is, unlike some of us before you, you will power through it earlier. Once you reach level 85, the GW team power is now capped. So your roster will grow, your opponents will not, and eventually you will have no problem clearing the whole thing every day.

And that's the point at which it makes sense that you be allowed to sim it. Obviously it won't line up like that in most cases, but that's presumably the goal.

Good luck.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I have tried running several variations of teams, with different leaders, to try and take out the KRU leader, and save enough toons to finish off the rest, but I get smoked. Their turn meters alone are brutal between the level, Gear, and KRU's leader ability adds 25 more speed.

[...]

If anyone has advice on which abilities, toons, Gear, etc. I should be focusing on outside of my T5, it would be appreciated. (I know resistance, but that isn't going to be a thing for me for sometime...)

By those final nodes, you really should have at least 10 characters preloaded with some turn meter to have an advantage, when you really need it.

Furthermore, I would recommend to kill the weaker characters first f.ex. with your B—team before you put in your A team to take the rest. Going for KRU first is probably not the best strategy. Dispel his taunt instead and go for Tarkin, f.ex. Also use ability blocks wisely (Vader, TFP, Boba etc.) to provent some of the more annoying enemies. Op top of that you could use TFP to inflict buff immunity to prevent advantage, taunt, retribution etc.

I tried looking you up on swgoh.gg but without luck. May I suggest that you post a link to your account? It's easier for everybody.