May 4th Rewards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    /sarcasm

Today has been underwhelming in free Star Wars gifts. Disneyland did not send me my free Star Wars Land preview pass, I did not win the Disneyland R2-D2 auction, **** RNG with everyone bidding too, George Lucas did not invite me to the Ranch for free movie night, my email had no free events or merchandise listed for the day, I was charged money, real money, for the Star Wars merchandise I brought to the counter instead of being given it free, Battlefront 2 had no bonus free gifts today, Blizzard did nothing to celebrate Star Wars in game today, either. So totally underwhelming day. Seems like it’s just a made up fan holiday that everyone copied from an English newspaper wishing Margret Thatcher, “May the fourth be with you”.

/end sarcasm with salt

Thank you for the free Raid Han shards.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    So sad with all these complaints... If just we got jabba the hutt..
  • Options
    Spend a bunch of money on characters we can already get, but the drop rate is atrocious. Don’t think so. Horrible event. So underwhelming.
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I am not one to gripe or complain. I am not really even one to post on forums...I think I have done it 3 times before now.

I have been playing this game since a month or so after launch and I have to say that this year's May the 4th "celebration" rewards are insulting. We got a very small bonus on giving them more money (they win), we do not get any guaranteed bonus drops like other years but instead get a small CHANCE (we all know their drop rates) to get double drops of characters that most of us have at 7* already or terrible characters nobody wants to begin with, and now they are just giving away Raid Han Solo shards!

I think we deserved better...

XIIgn6e.jpg

Its bc they are making more money off of shipments with the nightsisters and we all know if everyone's double drops would've went on the nightsisters nods so that's why we get these LAME as @#$% REWARDS plus where r my chewbacca shards
  • Psilosin
    163 posts Member
    Options
    These May4th Rewards sucks. Not a complaint...a fact. B)
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Alright so we got 1000 crystals a few weeks ago for like... sith reward complaints??? And this is basically the international Star Wars holiday, and we get Hold shards for rewards? Nope. At the very least we need something more than a -B bounty hunter and 10 Han shards. The bonuses on the battles are a joke. I’ll admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the rebel roundup event, but even still that’s kinda lame. We also got a full zeta a while back for (correct me if I’m wrong) playing the game?? This is May the fourth, people have been anticipating this for weeks or even months. This will not do. The extra drops on battles are cool for the anniversary of this game, or for some other thing, but not this.
    star-wars-battlefront-draft-xx-photos-1.png?w=600&h=461
  • Options
    If they would give us some bonus shards on Dark Side Battles.... So far Zero bonus shards on 24 attempts. Yay, Disappointed again.
  • Options
    Hey y'all

May the Force be with all y'all.
  • Options
    The rewards are lame, bring back double drops for the node you’re on. Why so cheap, this time of year is a great time to recruit new players and give the die hards their rewards, not P.O. op in our face
  • Options
    I’m also sad there were no chewy shards. The rest of these complaints are dumb. We are not owed anything and we get 4 days of an assault battle that will either super charge a newer player or provide a ton of shard shop currency to a mature player. I like to pick my own rewards so this is dope.
  • K_Ley2
    38 posts Member
    Options
    There's always hope for revenge of the 5th!?!? Maybe CG will throw us a bone tomorrow??
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I’m also sad there were no chewy shards. The rest of these complaints are dumb. We are not owed anything and we get 4 days of an assault battle that will either super charge a newer player or provide a ton of shard shop currency to a mature player. I like to pick my own rewards so this is dope.

Unfortunately people feel entitled to everything and expect it all to be given to them
  • immortal1994
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Your May fourth sucks this year EA. What is this garbage?
    Glad I was looking forward to nothing[insert laughing until I cry emoji]
  • Options
    I agree with the complaints. Lame rewards. No double drops. It basically feels like they did nothing this year.
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    I am not one to gripe or complain.

Immediatedly starts complaining.

Anyways, its free stuff for a day based on a pun.

Of course. Just like it's guaranteed that the words immediately following "no offense, but.." are always highly offensive.

No offense, but...Greedo shot first ;)

Blasphemy. No offense intended but, Blasphemer!
  • Options
    No bonus drops whatsoever. Even refreshed till it cost me 400 a refresh..which I’ve never done in the 2 years I’ve been on this game. I feel like an **** now wasting crystals like that for nothing. Improve drop rates for once. JC.
  • Options
    I think it would be an awesome May 4th bonus if they opened the Mod Challenges to all factions. Would be good for new players as well as F2P who don't have the resources to gear and level many teams.
  • Options
    I think it would be an awesome May 4th bonus if they opened the Mod Challenges to all factions. Would be good for new players as well as F2P who don't have the resources to gear and level many teams.

I disagree. I am at one year of playing. I opened all content just fine. Stop chasing metas and open content. My roster is robust and growing and I am at 1.8mil GP.
  • Options
    Last year: Legenday Event :: This year: Marquee

Last year: Double drops (everything) :: This year: Bonus drops

Last year: Gifts! (Free zeta!) :: This year: 10 Han shards

It’s objectively a huge step back for us. I’m assuming the lack of Double Drops came from them NOT wanting us to speed up Talzin/Wicket so soon after release... but they could have made it so certain nodes were excluded. Or not on Hard nodes.

It was nice to get a ton of shard shop currency... but I don’t think “you don’t need these rewards” is a plus.

For all the griping and people calling out people for griping, it’s fun to see the usual suspects posting that it’s stupid to complain about free stuff. It’s a P2W game so anything F2P is lovely... it’s just that it’s shrinking as time goes on.

This is the worst May 4th celebration in the history of the game... I mean, why not just get rid of it. Didn’t even get a Chewy shard to make me smile... sorry, not sorry: massive fail.
  • abc127
    19 posts Member
    Options
    What stuff is "free"? The "bonus" drops that seem to be less than 20%? The increased crystal packs, so you can spend more? The extra assault events that can't be finished by lower tier players?

I appreciate the 10 raid solo shards and bossk, AND i recognize the event density, but i don't feel rewarded in the rest... Lots of work may have neen done for shards i don't get, for mostly toons i won't farm for a LONG time. Not a special day.
  • Options

I disagree. I am at one year of playing. I opened all content just fine. Stop chasing metas and open content. My roster is robust and growing and I am at 1.8mil GP.

I use Imperial Troopers in arena lol. I'm not really a meta-chaser.

I respect your disagreement, though.
  • Options

I use Imperial Troopers in arena lol. I'm not really a meta-chaser.

I respect your disagreement, though.

My apology for the assumption. Love the troopers in Arena busting up the Metas. Veers is a pretty good challenge team.

I am finding people in the top 1000 with health mods and not much else too often. Their rosters are so limited as to only have bare requirements to get the meta and no further development of anything else.

They need to work to open content. I am an old mmo player and if I didn’t unlock content, I could not get the rewards such as flying or fish finders.
  • Options
    My apology for the assumption. Love the troopers in Arena busting up the Metas. Veers is a pretty good challenge team.

I am finding people in the top 1000 with health mods and not much else too often. Their rosters are so limited as to only have bare requirements to get the meta and no further development of anything else.

They need to work to open content. I am an old mmo player and if I didn’t unlock content, I could not get the rewards such as flying or fish finders.

No worries, mate. I understood the sentiment.

I probably should have clarified, also; I meant you only have 24 hours to get what you get from any Mod Challenge, then it's back to whatever you had unlocked/3*ed from before.

Still encourages crystal spending for CG's benefit, but F2P could take a stab at different Mod sets without buying the packs from the store.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Dgreaser wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    I am not one to gripe or complain.

I love it when people start their post like that.

All you do is troll these posts. I rarely browse the forums, but I swear everytime I do king troll makes an appearance .

You obviously haven't had the pleasure of meeting the real trolls yet.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Alright so we got 1000 crystals a few weeks ago for like... sith reward complaints??? And this is basically the international Star Wars holiday, and we get Hold shards for rewards? Nope. At the very least we need something more than a -B bounty hunter and 10 Han shards. The bonuses on the battles are a joke. I’ll admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the rebel roundup event, but even still that’s kinda lame. We also got a full zeta a while back for (correct me if I’m wrong) playing the game?? This is May the fourth, people have been anticipating this for weeks or even months. This will not do. The extra drops on battles are cool for the anniversary of this game, or for some other thing, but not this.
    star-wars-battlefront-draft-xx-photos-1.png?w=600&h=461

I haven’t even got Holdo shards yet :(

Drop rates are so bad that double drops would be 100% better...

Not that I really care but last year was really better than this year..

Don’t force people to get shards they might already have when they could just give us double drops... If they had double drops along with the holdo+ shards, then this year could be better!

Only in my dreams I guess.
  • Options
    Just one more middle finger, in a long line of middle fingers, from cg to you and me. The only surprise is that anyone is surprised.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Last year: Legenday Event :: This year: Marquee

Last year: Double drops (everything) :: This year: Bonus drops

Last year: Gifts! (Free zeta!) :: This year: 10 Han shards
    You're wrong. A lot of this stuff was for the 40th anniversary of Star Wars later in the month, not on 4 May.

Last year the only thing they gave us was the launch of R2 D2. No double drops, no mail gifts. Go check the dev posts for yourself. They also did a quality of life update for ships (making abilities that had target lock bonuses pulse and showing you crew members on the UI) and updated Imperial Troopers.

So last year:
    New Legendary Event.
    Subfaction rework.
    QoL update.

This year:
    New Marquee event.
    Return of that legendary event along with a Mythic version on the weekend.
    New Assault Battle for four days.
    Bonus drops.
    A couple Han shards.
    Guild Event Tokens in Cantina.

You're entitled to your own opinion about whether this stuff is good or not. You're not entitled to your own version of history.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Not that I really care but last year was really better than this year..

No it wasn't. See above.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Pretty underwhelming May the 4th rewards. Sometimes I wonder if the devs are even Star Wars fans....
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously, I'm very happy with all CG did for us on May 4, even if you prefer double drops to these hard farm characters (they're just extra shard shop currency for me, but I'll take it!), CG has seriously been making it rain sweet new and reworked events that have entertained, challenged, and kept me busy this weekend.

29pox9.jpg