The real problem with Dooku...

Prev13
Qeltar
4326 posts Member
...is that all his attacks take up too much damned time. You have a 5 minute timer in PvP and he alone can eat up 1/3 of it with all his counterattacks and bonus attacks.

In general counterattacks take WAY too much time and slow things down WAY too much. They are powerful enough without also eating the clock.

My guess is that eventually the game will be dominated by counterattack teams (of those who spend $100s on packs) because of this.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    It would be better if on an attack where he gets a bonus attack, he just attacked twice instead of jumping around like a demented frog.
  • Options
    It would be better if on an attack where he gets a bonus attack, he just attacked twice instead of jumping around like a demented frog.

I personally like my froggy dooku :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I just watched Dooku get 4 consecutive attacks on the same opponent... 2 counters and then 2 regular attacks.

He needs to be hit with the nerf-bat -- hard. I like him, but it's too much. For starters, there should be no bonus attacks on the counter-attack. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    100% one of the better heroes to have, cannot wait to get him for my team :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Just had it happen again.. 4 consecutive attacks on the same character. This is silly.
  • Options
    Count dooku is devastating. I want him bad.
  • Options
    There are a lot of people who think he is bad. Personally he allows me to compete with top 150 players where I am for the 4.99 I spent for him. Ever since I have been developing my characters. Managed to unlock Sid and am currently 20 shards from unlocking Lumi. Just have to deal with him. Very easy to fight if you leave him until last.
  • Options
    With how many people have spent money to get him it would be theft if they went and nerfed him.
  • Options
    Dooku is kinda hard to upgrade. i think once you get higher levels and have a few 7 stars Dooku will not be so devastating when he is stuck at 3 star.
  • Options
    billbob19 wrote: »
    With how many people have spent money to get him it would be theft if they went and nerfed him.

They will nerf him in some way or another eventually I think.

I'm one of the few who has no issues at all with fighting against Dooku, but with the amount of people shouting OP the devs will have to do something about it at some point.
  • Options
    Most of the people shouting are ones who don't have him and haven't progressed far enough to out match him yet. I love my Dooku, but hate seeing one on the other team for now until my team gets stronger. Once I've got a few 4*s the odd 3* Dooku shouldn't pose too much of a threat. Not many Dooku shard farming spots.
  • Options
    Just avoid hitting him until the end, it will be fine. Especially, dont ever hit him with fragile chars.
  • Options
    100% one of the better heroes to have, cannot wait to get him for my team :)

He is awesome. Surround him with healers and tanks and especially Chewy, but make sure he has all his gear for every lvl do to the fact his D is not that great. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Most of the people shouting are ones who don't have him and haven't progressed far enough to out match him yet. I love my Dooku, but hate seeing one on the other team for now until my team gets stronger. Once I've got a few 4*s the odd 3* Dooku shouldn't pose too much of a threat. Not many Dooku shard farming spots.

exactly, Dooku isnt a tank, you either kill him outright or wait till the end, it simple strategy to counter him. I believe people want that easy fix and rather not try to work around him.
  • Options
    U can't attack him off bat w/ higher lvl players due to the counter so I run to the healers and Chewy first. Not recommended but for me it's been working because he is very weak so if he can't heal you can off him.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I am finding the best thing to do with him, ironically enough, is immediately attack him with my own Dooku. There's a decent chance of a stun, and then I can lay down a decent amount of damage on him without counters. Unfortunately this doesn't always work.
  • Options
    They shouldn't nerf him, they should make a counter to him.
  • Options
    I have no problems with dooku. ...just stun lock him with eeth koth, cad bane, and another dooku.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    ...is that all his attacks take up too much damned time. You have a 5 minute timer in PvP and he alone can eat up 1/3 of it with all his counterattacks and bonus attacks.

In general counterattacks take WAY too much time and slow things down WAY too much. They are powerful enough without also eating the clock.

My guess is that eventually the game will be dominated by counterattack teams (of those who spend $100s on packs) because of this.

I've noticed that too and have had quite a few end in draws because I ran out of time. For Cantina or regular battles, he's awesome. I spend the SIMs to equally outfit my top players. Equipment is more important than stars. Use the credits to pay for training and shipments rather than stars.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    I can agree with speeding up the animation, his 4 sets take forever it feels like
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Just found this in the Announcements area: "Fixed a bug with one of Count Dooku's Unique ability upgrades that granted a 25% chance to gain some Turn Meter whenever he Counters or Assists; the bug caused this effect to activate 100% of the time."

That will help a bit.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Just found this in the Announcements area: "Fixed a bug with one of Count Dooku's Unique ability upgrades that granted a 25% chance to gain some Turn Meter whenever he Counters or Assists; the bug caused this effect to activate 100% of the time."

That will help a bit.

People will still complain :p
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Of course they will. But I actually noticed this today, how frequently he would attack right after countering, leading to 4 straight attacks on many occasions.

Ironically of course the best counter to Dooku is Dooku. I will sometimes "trade" my Dooku for the opponent's, to some extent, sort of like in chess. Because if I land the stun, the guy is toast.
  • Options
    He shouldn't ever get a stun or an extra turn, or an ability block on a counter.

Second, he should get one of the three, an extra turn, ability block or stun on his offensive turns.

That or cut his health in half to make up for how offensive he is.
  • Options
    Here we go, more complaining lol Count Dooku is awesome, if you don't like him, don't use him. Simple as that. People always complaining about something lmao
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Options
    You also could just leave Dooku to last. Then he gets very few counters and is relatively harmless.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    He gets few counters unless you ever use an AoE. And then he does. And even if he doesn't counter, he gets tons of free hits on you. I rarely save him for the end.
    I stand by what I posted here two weeks ago: counterattacks are problematic because they chew up too much time on the clock, and Dooku is the worst offender. Also, counterattacks should never spawn bonus attacks, which compounds the problem.
    CG/EA say they aim for game balance. This is an area that needs balancing. I say this as someone who uses Dooku in his starting five.
  • Options
    My only issue with him is that he isn't easily farmable.... LOL
  • Options
    Is there something wrong with his counter attack? Because when i attack him and call an assist he attacks both attackers while other heroes with counter attack ability only attack the original attacker. So am i missing something or is it bugged too?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Right after I posted above I found this on the SWGOH Reddit (about Rey):
    I figured that I could boost her tripple attack up and give Dooku a good smackdown. What I got in return was 3 counter attacks, with two bonus attacks and then another attack afterwards for good measure.
    So you can potentially be hit 6 times by him when using her "Flurry of Blows" attack vs Dooku.
    That's ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.