Assault Battles Ground War: where is resistance?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Spang wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

If they were doing something to just make money, they could release 8* and lock all new content behind that, but basically not change much of the content. Or make the game a subscription fee. There are things they could do, that literally create a pay wall that you cannot pass unless you will pay, because we all know some people will.

What they choose to do, is stick to a model of pushing rosters to be larger and releasing content that will make people want to build and diversify. Yes at times this may come in the form of a rework of an existing event, to meet some new thing (difficult mythic tier) and then a side benefit of making all similar event styles fill a common theme. This is done because some again will pay, but other can simply build at their own pace and get there with just time and commitment.

In my mind those are 2 different philosophies, both with the same goal.

"If they were doing something to just make money, they could release 8* and lock all new content behind that, but basically not change much of the content. Or make the game a subscription fee. There are things they could do, that literally create a pay wall that you cannot pass unless you will pay, because we all know some people will."
    And of course, they won't do those, 'coz it would instantly demolish their playerbase, especially the subscription fee.

Instead, they use a psychologically much more sophisticated way 'just to make money'. It's funny though that there're two posts from you defending them saying that they don't want make money out of this, then you immediately saying they doing this for money. I acknowledge that they PROBABLY want to make new challenges for the playerbase, but as you said "it's the internet, assumptions abound." The only sure as hell thing is that they want to make money.

I understand that they may have long-term plans, and each of the reworks are a step towards these plans. But that might not be the case, 'coz—again—as you said "it's the internet, assumptions abound." I also understand that they cannot say that "now we change this event to use one of the weakest factions in the game, but do not worry young Padawans, there'll be a Jedi rework in November, so be patient 'till then."

And now let's take a look at the average player's perspective. Especially those players who are not launch day players: "I didn't care about Jedi, 'coz they were pretty much useless in every aspect of the game. I focused on Resistance, 'coz they're useful everywhere. Now I have to work on toons to be able to complete an event for which I've already worked on toons." And this disadvantage is explained by a reasoning that don't make real sense.

Replacing Ewoks with Jedi would have made this event lore-specific AND fun (if being fun means that you make the situation more difficult for yourself voluntarily). I really don't think that many people who has a decent Resistance team would have used Ewoks just for fun. There might be some, but the vast majority of the people did and will do these events for rewards, and it's just icing on the cake if the events are fun to play. And they 'punish' US, because THEY made the Resistance team so strong.

These are my thoughts on this topic. I usually try to defend the devs when they deserve, but there are moves that can't be justified in my opinion - at least based on the information available for us.
    And I don't complain about the difficulty, if I can't do the Mythic tier now, I'll do it next time. Or after that. And probably that will be the last time until I can make a strong enough team to complete that tier on auto. The two omegas are ridiculous rewards for a super hard, super challenging super super super tier, while the other tiers give you shards AND mods (and purple mats?). It's as bad as the Sith Raid rewards below Heroic tier: just don't worth the time and efforts. At least for me.

we agree they are here to make money. i guess I just find it odd that everyone assumes they can't have a real feeling they want to rework an event to fit in line with others. its always the same complaint, they only did it to make money, not because they could have any thoughts on the product they are developing, i dont always think thats the case. if they say they have a reason, why assume they are lying just to make a change. they could have made the change and said because we wanted to. or they could have just said nothing about why and made the change. why is it always a lie, or deceitful, they came out and gave a reason, there is at least a 50% chance thats its absolutely true.

They were at a point where they were going to make some slight changes to an event by added the 7* requirement and add the mythic, it seems like a logical time to make any other changes they might have wanted to make too.

I would think alot more people have a jedi team built/modded than a full clone team. but again, maybe not. Jedi were meta at one point, i would think that anyone who has been playing for 1.5 + years would have GK, and anyone who has him probably has him geared and modded.
    Spang wrote: »

If they were doing something to just make money, they could release 8* and lock all new content behind that, but basically not change much of the content. Or make the game a subscription fee. There are things they could do, that literally create a pay wall that you cannot pass unless you will pay, because we all know some people will.

What they choose to do, is stick to a model of pushing rosters to be larger and releasing content that will make people want to build and diversify. Yes at times this may come in the form of a rework of an existing event, to meet some new thing (difficult mythic tier) and then a side benefit of making all similar event styles fill a common theme. This is done because some again will pay, but other can simply build at their own pace and get there with just time and commitment.

In my mind those are 2 different philosophies, both with the same goal.

"If they were doing something to just make money, they could release 8* and lock all new content behind that, but basically not change much of the content. Or make the game a subscription fee. There are things they could do, that literally create a pay wall that you cannot pass unless you will pay, because we all know some people will."
    And of course, they won't do those, 'coz it would instantly demolish their playerbase, especially the subscription fee.

Instead, they use a psychologically much more sophisticated way 'just to make money'. It's funny though that there're two posts from you defending them saying that they don't want make money out of this, then you immediately saying they doing this for money. I acknowledge that they PROBABLY want to make new challenges for the playerbase, but as you said "it's the internet, assumptions abound." The only sure as hell thing is that they want to make money.

I understand that they may have long-term plans, and each of the reworks are a step towards these plans. But that might not be the case, 'coz—again—as you said "it's the internet, assumptions abound." I also understand that they cannot say that "now we change this event to use one of the weakest factions in the game, but do not worry young Padawans, there'll be a Jedi rework in November, so be patient 'till then."

And now let's take a look at the average player's perspective. Especially those players who are not launch day players: "I didn't care about Jedi, 'coz they were pretty much useless in every aspect of the game. I focused on Resistance, 'coz they're useful everywhere. Now I have to work on toons to be able to complete an event for which I've already worked on toons." And this disadvantage is explained by a reasoning that don't make real sense.

Replacing Ewoks with Jedi would have made this event lore-specific AND fun (if being fun means that you make the situation more difficult for yourself voluntarily). I really don't think that many people who has a decent Resistance team would have used Ewoks just for fun. There might be some, but the vast majority of the people did and will do these events for rewards, and it's just icing on the cake if the events are fun to play. And they 'punish' US, because THEY made the Resistance team so strong.

These are my thoughts on this topic. I usually try to defend the devs when they deserve, but there are moves that can't be justified in my opinion - at least based on the information available for us.
    And I don't complain about the difficulty, if I can't do the Mythic tier now, I'll do it next time. Or after that. And probably that will be the last time until I can make a strong enough team to complete that tier on auto. The two omegas are ridiculous rewards for a super hard, super challenging super super super tier, while the other tiers give you shards AND mods (and purple mats?). It's as bad as the Sith Raid rewards below Heroic tier: just don't worth the time and efforts. At least for me.

i guess my point is there are 2 way the conversation goes.

1- lets change the event for no reason, because it will make us money
    2- we are making changes to the event, adding the 7* requirement and adding the mythic, do we want to make it more in line with the other "lore theme" we have in this series? it will make it more difficult too.

most people seem to tend towards 1 and say any dev stating number 2 as a "reason" is not being honest.

they dont have to give us any reason, they could just change the event and not say anything except its changing. I see no reason to question or attacks someone's character because of assumptions made about how "we know them".
  • Options
    Why people care so much about this bonus tier. Once you beat it once the rewards become only 2 miserable omegas....

Cq2DbWR.png
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Why people care so much about this bonus tier. Once you beat it once the rewards become only 2 miserable omegas....

Cq2DbWR.png

They want those two zeta mats for the first clear
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Random9 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It has nothing to do with making sense - and everything to do with making money. The Mythic tier is virtually impossible even with maxed g12 GK/Zarris + Hoda. I'd guess they tested the mythic tier with similarly geared Resistance teams with JTRey + BB8 and realized it was simply too easy.

The dishonesty about suddenly making sense is just silliness on CG's part. No one thought of that first time they released the event? C'mon man. :D

Yep evil conspiracy. Always is always has to be.

Or
    Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It does make sense because as they say
    Context: We are making this change because in each of the other Assault Battles there is a faction which makes sense from a lore perspective and a faction which is just for fun/challenge. Ground War was an outlier by asking users to bring the Resistance to battle Separatists.

A faction that makes sense. It has nothing to do with the other factions, except to have a fun challenge.

I understand that. I have defended the devs a lot on these forums, but it doesn’t seem to me that they couldn’t have been thinking about money for this. Sure, they want a canon group fighting them. Why not exchange ugnaught for a canon faction? Because resistance was the one everyone had and could beat the challenge. People who want to complete the challenge could now either grind for months to gear and max out useless factions or spend money and do it quick. Now just putting it out there, I don’t usually call “money-making conspiracy.” Look back through my posts if you’d like. I always try to defend the devs when someone says they’re just trying to make money. But this time it just doesn’t make sense.

Because resistance made it easy. They didn't want the mythic to be easy.

Qxve1rr.jpg

They are a business, they are trying to make money. People feeling compelled to give them money because they cant complete an event the first time is not "their doing". Yes they understand people may feel that way, but what are they supposed to do, make the content easy, so no one feels like they should develope?

They made 1 change to a single instance of a series of events to give them all the same feel and some consistent theme.

Kyno look buddy, you can’t tell people that they misused their resources on this. It was a last second change. People have not bothered with Jedi since right after the zeta’s came out and the meta changed.
    Mine are properly geared and modded. My QGZ team is all G11 and have good mods on them. They are as great as they can be. But they are in desperate need of a rework. They have NO offense capabilities. The only ones that have value in teams are GK and Zarris. That’s it. Only recently did JKA find a spot in Chex mix teams but he’s plan B if Pao isn’t ready yet.
    I know you’re trying to put out a fire, and be a moderator but look at it realistically. The Jedi can’t do this mythic tier. There’s too much RNG needed and you can’t expect people to have a 7* hyoda, general zarris team and g12 supporting Jedi. They aren’t worth the resources. I’ve seen videos of a maxed Ewok team barely squeezing by on this. That’s nuts!
    They should have swapped out the Ewoks for the Jedi. Or waited until the Jedi got a much needed rework. And believe me, people waited for BH, sith, empire etc and poured cash to get their teams up. Me? I’m waiting for the Jedi to rise once more and then ill whale out. I want them to be great again. They are a pinnacle faction that should not be this weak

I'm not saying they should change existing content all the time, but we did get almost 1 month notice, i would hardly call that short notice.

jedi can do it, people have shown that. (this is no fire by the way)

Thats fine that you feel its not worth the investment, thats a good attitude to have. some things are worth rushing some are not. i would agree this is not something i'm going to stress over.

If they had left resistance in and made changes to the event to get the level of difficulty we have seen in other mythic events, we would probably be here talking about all the "tricks" they added that no one likes. So i feel this is 6 of one half dozen of the other.

By having a full zeta squad of Jedi. Nobody has that. Like I said, I’m a Jedi fan boy and even I don’t have all the Jedi zeta’s. Not Ezra or kanan or GMY’s leader ability. I have zarris, QGZ, and GMY other two zeta’s.

But I will highly disagree that if they did to this assault battle that they did to the forest moon one, nobody would complain. It’s a months notice, but nobody was told “oh by the way, the best composition of Jedi that you can have, we are going to negate by making an OP Grevious that casts a team wide heal immunity that can’t be cleansed and throw in a DM for good measure.”

If they left it as resistance, and tinkered with it like the Ewok assault battle, nobody would say anything. That and the rebel round up are how it should be. You can beat it with proper team composition, strategy and gear levels and mods. There was almost no RNG to either of those events at all.
    For rebel roundup my IMP’s swept through the first two tiers and then in the bonus round needed proper strategy, daze placement, DM placement and utilization of the rapid fire ability to keep CLS tagged. If I got cute and tried to take out ROLO or ATF first I paid dearly.

But I know what we can agree on. Outside of RNG this event is near impossible. As a result, the Jedi need a MASSIVE rework. I hope this is a hint for it, because I’ll be incredibly happy since all mine are sitting at g11 with solid mods. Except Fitso and Plo Koon because....well George Lucas did them wrong.
  • Options
    Seems the folks completing the event are using GK Lead. Zarriss for health redistro, GM Yoda, Hoda, and Zzra.

I wonder if
    Old Ben or zKanan tank
    GM Yoda
    Zzra
    Zarriss
    QGJ or Secura

Thoughts?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If anything, this event tells me that Jedi don't need reworks. You just need to invest in the right ones like GK Zarriss and Kermit. They're all F2P, great in most areas of the game. (GK Zarriss are both quite common in arena, all 3 are great in raids especially Kermit, 3 of them together make a fantastic TB team, great for taking down opponents in TW and so on)

And you will get the first time win bonus of 2 zetas eventually. You're technically only missing out on 2 omegas for not clearing it this time. That's a lot less brutal than Wicket and Mother Talzin events that reward 2 zetas EACH time you clear the event. Now that's the real P2W event that people should be gnashing their teeth over.
  • Options
    Ok I understand it is supposed to be hard but GG one shot two of my guys in wave 4 out of the gate!? Not even mentioning the time needed before wave 4. I need good RNG I understand, but I don’t want to try 1-2 hours to get RNG for just once
  • babagusi
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone who believes that CG changed the event just so it follows the lore probably still believes in Santa. Everyone who thinks that CG should not try to make money is not much different and better look under the Christmas tree too......but it is annoying when they hide their intentions behind statements like" to make it more interesting and engaging"....the way it goes, why don't we completely remove Resistance...that will make Haat so challenging again
  • Cooncoon
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Lmao you guys not everybody has a insane Jedi team with Kenobi, AAyla, Zbarris, and hermit yoda. Some of us picked a different faction to work as we did not want to pay a crap ton of money. I for one farmed resistance and I loved that event and looked forward to to the mythic event only to find out I can no longer even beat the first tier because my Jedis are not strong enough.

I love this game but when you change things out of no where the way you guys do it makes me question why I put so much time into something I’m not sure is going to benefit my time.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy the game nowadays a lot more as I simply stopped caring.

I wouldn’t care even if they required a group of five tusken for the event, I don’t need to do it :)
  • Options
    Cooncoon wrote: »
    Lmao you guys not everybody has a insane Jedi team with Kenobi, AAyla, Zbarris, and hermit yoda. Some of us picked a different faction to work as we did not want to pay a **** ton of money. I for one farmed resistance and I loved that event and looked forward to to the mythic event only to find out I can no longer even beat the first tier because my Jedis are not strong enough.

I love this game but when you change things out of no where the way you guys do it makes me question why I put so much time into something I’m not sure is going to benefit my time.

I’m in the same boat. Can’t even beat any tier of ground war because I pick resistance to go with. Can’t believe they did this.. I think this game is going downhill now if they start changing stuff like this in any events.
  • Options
    So Tier 1, 2 and 3 can be cleared with Barris Lead, Old Ben, Kanan, Ezra, Ashoka. No Zetas. Ben and Barriss GS 8 - Kanan, Ezra, Ashoka GS11 because pilots, everyone Omega abilities. Level 15 mods using the Gaming Fans mod recommendations.

Slow and steady know when and who to smack with Ezra’s buff removal. Use the special on Ezra and Barriss as needed. Ashoka’s bonus attack heal is helpful. Speed kill the droid flyer and Asajj in phase 8 rest is cake walk.

Mythic not so much, but others beat it. I lack GK and Hoda.
  • Options
    Cooncoon wrote: »
    Lmao you guys not everybody has a insane Jedi team with Kenobi, AAyla, Zbarris, and hermit yoda. Some of us picked a different faction to work as we did not want to pay a **** ton of money. I for one farmed resistance and I loved that event and looked forward to to the mythic event only to find out I can no longer even beat the first tier because my Jedis are not strong enough.

Agreed 100% im so done with this games and this greedy company, only think how much they made off of us.

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Nikoms565 just because you asked :)

Please have fun watching my Jedi having fun for the mythic event.

https://youtu.be/ZdWvsIt6Tso

I will let you use x2 speed for watching ;)
    Post edited by Neo2551 on
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    we agree they are here to make money. i guess I just find it odd that everyone assumes they can't have a real feeling they want to rework an event to fit in line with others. its always the same complaint, they only did it to make money, not because they could have any thoughts on the product they are developing, i dont always think thats the case. if they say they have a reason, why assume they are lying just to make a change. they could have made the change and said because we wanted to. or they could have just said nothing about why and made the change. why is it always a lie, or deceitful, they came out and gave a reason, there is at least a 50% chance thats its absolutely true.

They were at a point where they were going to make some slight changes to an event by added the 7* requirement and add the mythic, it seems like a logical time to make any other changes they might have wanted to make too.

I would think alot more people have a jedi team built/modded than a full clone team. but again, maybe not. Jedi were meta at one point, i would think that anyone who has been playing for 1.5 + years would have GK, and anyone who has him probably has him geared and modded.

"if they say they have a reason, why assume they are lying just to make a change"
    Because their reason was 'lore' in this case, but in many other aspects of the game they don't care about lore.
    And I can't recall any other Mythic event that has a super op antagonist in round 4 who can apply mass unremovable effects with Deathmark and OHKO any of the toons. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) And now suddenly we have to face this superenemy with a faction that is weak, and people don't care about them. They must have exact data about the gear level, stars etc. people's Jedi teams have in general. So it's not that hard to imagine (I know, this is an assumption, but you're also assuming things) that they looked at the event with this chain of thoughts: "It's too easy with Resistance -> Let's change the faction -> But which faction? -> Jedi are not used in any significant portion of the game -> Cool, they fit in the lore -> YES, and people have weak Jedi teams, so this change can incite people to spend more -> And we can sell this as a lore change"
    i guess my point is there are 2 way the conversation goes.

1- lets change the event for no reason, because it will make us money
    2- we are making changes to the event, adding the 7* requirement and adding the mythic, do we want to make it more in line with the other "lore theme" we have in this series? it will make it more difficult too.

most people seem to tend towards 1 and say any dev stating number 2 as a "reason" is not being honest.

they dont have to give us any reason, they could just change the event and not say anything except its changing. I see no reason to question or attacks someone's character because of assumptions made about how "we know them".

Perhaps people tend towards 1, because CG made lots of shkitten moves in the past, and it's waaaay harder to recover lost trust, than gain trust in the first place. Anyway, this first attitude is more accurate like this: "we wanted to update this event anyways, so let's change it in a way that will make us money."

And of course they don't have to give us any reason. But THEY chose to become more transparent. Interestingly, this change of communication happened right before the relase of another game of very similar style. Of course, this can be pure coincidence after the huge shkittenstorms they received after the Sith Raid and the subsequent nerfs, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt in this matter. But everytime they take two steps forward, they take one step back in terms of communication almost immediately.
    I didn't say a word when they nerfed STH and the Resistance team in the Sith Raid. They quasi acknowledged that they had screwed it up, and gave an explanation about the original design being bad, so they nerf it for the long-term health of the game. That was acceptable and somehow justified, 'coz they admitted that the original design was bad for THEM (long-term health is equal to long-term monetization).
  • Halfbaked
    162 posts Member
    Options
    I completed all but the mythic tier, now I have a choice; work on jedi for the next event, or continue gearing my Ns sqd and Pao?
    Jedi will rise at some point, especially when jedi luke appears, however, I'm choosing Ns and Pao. The jedi can wait. Whilst I'm a little disappointed they removed resistance, I did enjoy the challenge and had fun using Jka and kermit alongside lumi, gk and mace.
  • Options
    Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It has nothing to do with making sense - and everything to do with making money. The Mythic tier is virtually impossible even with maxed g12 GK/Zarris + Hoda. I'd guess they tested the mythic tier with similarly geared Resistance teams with JTRey + BB8 and realized it was simply too easy.

The dishonesty about suddenly making sense is just silliness on CG's part. No one thought of that first time they released the event? C'mon man. :D

It’s quite easy to beat with Jedi Team. I did a video for my guild mates: https://youtu.be/gmNBhpWzHWg

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    @Nikoms565 so two videos in less than a day showing you what is virtually impossible.
  • Options
    can we agree this is ridiculous?

I have g12 ewoks and can't beat this.
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I tried once on auto because I despise Jedi and obviously didn't get very far. Grievous cut me down easily (by the way...it'd be nice to have a playable Grievous that good). A guild mate of mine did it with a team that requires zero zetas. Old Ben is the leader of this group. It's more a practice of patience than it is brute force.

GK, Old Ben, and YHoda are gear 12. Ezra and GMY are 11. No zetas. But alright mods with good speeds.
    Ezra +92
    GK +104
    Old Ben +100
    HYoda +95
    GMY +85

*Edit* sorry, I can't seem to get the image to link on the post.

https://imgur.com/a/0YlDHQB
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

Yep evil conspiracy. Always is always has to be.

Or

It does make sense because as they say
    Context: We are making this change because in each of the other Assault Battles there is a faction which makes sense from a lore perspective and a faction which is just for fun/challenge. Ground War was an outlier by asking users to bring the Resistance to battle Separatists.

A faction that makes sense. It has nothing to do with the other factions, except to have a fun challenge.

I understand that. I have defended the devs a lot on these forums, but it doesn’t seem to me that they couldn’t have been thinking about money for this. Sure, they want a canon group fighting them. Why not exchange ugnaught for a canon faction? Because resistance was the one everyone had and could beat the challenge. People who want to complete the challenge could now either grind for months to gear and max out useless factions or spend money and do it quick. Now just putting it out there, I don’t usually call “money-making conspiracy.” Look back through my posts if you’d like. I always try to defend the devs when someone says they’re just trying to make money. But this time it just doesn’t make sense.

Because resistance made it easy. They didn't want the mythic to be easy.

Qxve1rr.jpg

They are a business, they are trying to make money. People feeling compelled to give them money because they cant complete an event the first time is not "their doing". Yes they understand people may feel that way, but what are they supposed to do, make the content easy, so no one feels like they should develope?

They made 1 change to a single instance of a series of events to give them all the same feel and some consistent theme.

Kyno look buddy, you can’t tell people that they misused their resources on this. It was a last second change. People have not bothered with Jedi since right after the zeta’s came out and the meta changed.
    Mine are properly geared and modded. My QGZ team is all G11 and have good mods on them. They are as great as they can be. But they are in desperate need of a rework. They have NO offense capabilities. The only ones that have value in teams are GK and Zarris. That’s it. Only recently did JKA find a spot in Chex mix teams but he’s plan B if Pao isn’t ready yet.
    I know you’re trying to put out a fire, and be a moderator but look at it realistically. The Jedi can’t do this mythic tier. There’s too much RNG needed and you can’t expect people to have a 7* hyoda, general zarris team and g12 supporting Jedi. They aren’t worth the resources. I’ve seen videos of a maxed Ewok team barely squeezing by on this. That’s nuts!
    They should have swapped out the Ewoks for the Jedi. Or waited until the Jedi got a much needed rework. And believe me, people waited for BH, sith, empire etc and poured cash to get their teams up. Me? I’m waiting for the Jedi to rise once more and then ill whale out. I want them to be great again. They are a pinnacle faction that should not be this weak

I'm not saying they should change existing content all the time, but we did get almost 1 month notice, i would hardly call that short notice.

jedi can do it, people have shown that. (this is no fire by the way)

Thats fine that you feel its not worth the investment, thats a good attitude to have. some things are worth rushing some are not. i would agree this is not something i'm going to stress over.

If they had left resistance in and made changes to the event to get the level of difficulty we have seen in other mythic events, we would probably be here talking about all the "tricks" they added that no one likes. So i feel this is 6 of one half dozen of the other.

Sure, we had a month. Now think about players who have been in for a year or less and don't spend large quantities of money on the game. Chances are they never saw a Jedi meta besides GK/Zarris and that meta was gone before they had GK or Zarris in all likelihood. Now they've got a month to zeta out their Jedi and ear them up. Not sure how much money you spend in the game, Kyno, but for free to plays or dolphins, getting undeveloped characters to G12 is no easy task to do in a month.
  • murphsith
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    So you are all just unhappy, because you can’t complete the mythic tier?

I hope you guys have 7* Wicket and MT since their release, because the upper tier of their event rewards 1-4 zeta every time, so you were possibly missing 16 zeta a month for not having them.

Hermit yoda is needed
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 so two videos in less than a day showing you what is virtually impossible.

yes 2 video out how how many millions of players.... thanks for proving nikoms point
  • TVF
    36680 posts Member
    Options

Cq2DbWR.png

Two zeta mats is hardly the windfall it used to be. You can get two zetas by pushing three buttons in TW.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Cq2DbWR.png

Two zeta mats is hardly the windfall it used to be. You can get two zetas by pushing three buttons in TW.

That would be the only reason to really want to clear this. It shouldn’t be so hard to get them given how many venues you have available.
  • Options
    Don't think for one second it's any reason other than that Resistance would be good at beating the mythic tier. Only reason.
  • Options

Then they should have left the Resistance that people have developed and removed Ewoks and Ugnaught which makes no sense, and added Jedi and Clones. But no, they removed the one team people have after JTR was released a second time, and chose an under developed non-reworked team to stymie players and increase revenue.

Sorry, on this one I have to disagree for their reasoning. Can’t even use CLS because of no Jedi Tag, and very few have GK.

As stated by the dev team they want the mythic to be a challenge and had they left resistance there, it would not have been.
    *sigh* Of course it would not have been....because people have been building up resistance teams not Ewoks or Jedi. They moved the goal posts. Again.

So once again, the players who build up teams that are useful in areas of the game are punished by having them suddenly be "off limits" for certain events.

Whatever. Defend misleading practices all you want. I just grow weary of the two step:

1) Players figure out what works so they grind, level, gear and mod...then...
    2) CG/EA (yeah - together) change the game or the toons so it doesn't anymore

And the tired troupe "but the characters that work are all F2p!!" is also getting old. There's a reason most non-whales don't have all their Jedi and Ewoks at g12.

I'm done in this thread.

100% agree. This guy gets it. Punishment for building up good teams. Awesome.... (heavy heavy sarcasm). Thx CG.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Videos were great in showing that this event has more strict/exotic requirements than any raid, including latest one.
    I don't know what's up with this new event design which started from Sith raid. What is the point of making an event requiring so many resources and time that it's either pointless or unapproachable?
    I'd hate to go back to times when event screen was empty for weeks, but the game starts to require more time than most spenders are willing to commit.
    Also, not speaking about or "challenge", this game has none of that. Unless clicking "Buy now" has become hard on the sudden.